Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price?  (Read 73445 times)
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:40:31 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:45:59 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

the exchangers are doing it daily. they have bots who are "working" on that Smiley
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:53:44 PM

back in 2012-13 it was quite fun playing the markets and there were a couple good groups doing it. but to be honest, it would take alot of trust now. alot of the big holders would not dare throw all their stash into an exchange. we only put a couple percent at most in just for fun.

but if u found a way to convince 1 million people to each just put a buy order in at 430, even if it was $10 each that would be a 22,000 btc wall.

i dont see it happening now. the trust not only of groups, but also of the exchanges itself has eroded. and its better for the whole economy to have natural real trades instead of order manipulations

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 09:58:38 PM

Nope. There's always someone with more money and more greed out there waiting to play you. And let's not get started on some of the exchanges themshelves.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:02:15 PM

It could be possible but remember with so many people there will be so many opinions and in the end it will break because there will be no consensus.
If there would be some kind of board of this group, then yes it would be do-able.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:03:25 PM

It's possible if we as community team up and form a massive amount of buy support, but the fact is that the majority of the people here are small holders and have barely a reasonable amount of money to have an impact on the price, even not with plenty of these people.

I can remember that it happened with certain altcoins back in 2014 where the whole community of that altcoin used to give a certain coin a massive pump. I think a good example of that is BlackCoin. It got pumped like there is no tomorrow, and it fell down again like there is no tomorrow at some point.
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:07:51 PM

It's possible if we as community team up and form a massive amount of buy support, but the fact is that the majority of the people here are small holders and have barely a reasonable amount of money to have an impact on the price, even not with plenty of these people.

I can remember that it happened with certain altcoins back in 2014 where the whole community of that altcoin used to give a certain coin a massive pump. I think a good example of that is BlackCoin. It got pumped like there is no tomorrow, and it fell down again like there is no tomorrow at some point.
We wont need much money all we would need is a strong commitment from each member that they wont sell their coins till the predetermined price is achieved.This will create demand and supply gap in market to some extent that will benefit all of us

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:09:58 PM

If you want to organize a group to do so and you have a carefully thought out plan of attack... yes, we can. But as said, better let the market be as it is and take whatever route it wants to.
quintiilieo

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:20:39 PM

Yup they can manipulate it but they need big funds of an investor to do that. Is it possible because like in the market if they hide many products the price will goes high and high and if the price is high they sell their product, it is like in bitcoin

DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:39:21 PM

We would need a lot of resources to manipulate the Bitcoin price like other big whale speculators are doing at the moment and I don't think we here on Bitcointalk have the capital to do so. We would need millions of dollars in Bitcoins to make any changes to the price. Theoretically speaking what amount of Bitcoin could we gather if we pool all our coins into a mutual fund? I don't think we will even begin to scratch the surface with that sum to be honest. Do you know any super rich Bitcointalk forum members by any chance?

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:48:52 PM

can not !! bitcoin is common property and if it can be manipulated should be done with the same. bitcoin amount is huge and I'm not sure if bitcoin can be manipulated by some people. bitcoin ours and we are the owners of bitcoin !!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:54:47 PM

We wont need much money all we would need is a strong commitment from each member that they wont sell their coins till the predetermined price is achieved.This will create demand and supply gap in market to some extent that will benefit all of us

I think we have already achieved something like this as people are quite strong with holding their coins lately with as result the stable price.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:48:03 AM

Just like any other market, the price can be manipulated.

Check out Willy the bot which caused the rise and rise of bitcoin to $1200...

http://www.coindesk.com/bot-named-willy-did-mt-goxs-automated-trading-pump-bitcoin-price/
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 01:52:35 AM

Not likely with the current market capitalization!! It would absolutely be possible with an altcoin though.

Aka:
*PUMP AND DUMP*

Want to do it solo? Find a shitcoin and buy $500 worth every day for 10-30 days then sell sell sell!
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:09:49 AM

Only big players can manipulate and play with the price action of bitcoin. Small players or participants can only wish they could. I don't know how much you must have to be able to influence price movement. For a small owners like me, I'll just let the price take its course and do necessary actions whenever the price is good enough for buying or selling.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 03:48:04 AM

Only big players can manipulate and play with the price action of bitcoin. Small players or participants can only wish they could. I don't know how much you must have to be able to influence price movement. For a small owners like me, I'll just let the price take its course and do necessary actions whenever the price is good enough for buying or selling.
Big players or a lot of little players working together in sync would be able to manipulate the market, but I would never even try to manipulate the price because I highly doubt we would be able to get it to work.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:17:27 AM

Big players or a lot of little players working together in sync would be able to manipulate the market, but I would never even try to manipulate the price because I highly doubt we would be able to get it to work.
I don't know why you would even try to bother and manipulate the price if you don't already have large holdings, most whales manipulate the price because they have large paychecks they can spend on Bitcoin, and can take the losses because it means they get more in the long term.

While we play tic-tac-toe they're playing Korean Starcraft.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:31:19 AM

How would you enforce a cartel? It would be against the best interests if the individual members to honor the agreement. Even the nations of OPEC are having a difficult time holding their oil cartel together, and that's a relatively small number of governments. How would you force compliance among anonymous internet users?

The Nash equilibrium is for the cartel to break up.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:14:31 AM

We can't manipulation the price due to manipulate the price of bitcoin require huge capital is much bigger than you want to manipulate the price of altcoin. let the price goes naturally.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 06:32:08 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 10:00:12 AM by Amph

you can easily, and i'm firmly convicted that miners are doing so to incentivate a panic buy, to have a margin for their profit with their asic

you do need plenty of coins to to be able todo it, somethign like 100k, should be enough, maybe even 50k
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: