Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we Manipulate Bitcoin price?  (Read 73445 times)
letua

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:48:52 PM

Honestly possible. Bitcointalk users is more than one million or let us assume that we are around 100million users. If there are more of use that hold big amounts of bitcoin then it can be clearer that we can. Small amount can be huge amount if everybody will cooperate. To manipulate bitcoin price is the activity of those who own a large amount of bitcoin to their address. If we do such things even I don't have bitcoin we can as long as their is unity. Ofcourse risky because the victims of manipulation will be ourselves not others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:50:05 PM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum
If we just eliminate everyone who makes bitcoin price fall down and start just holding it and never sell bitcoin price will go just up and be more stable imo.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:53:50 PM

Yes, I believe it is possible to manipulate the price of bitcoin on the crypto-currencies trading market, but in order to be able to manipulate the price of bitcoin, huge amount of funds are needed to execute the pump and dump strategy within a short time frame.
For me, we cannot do it. But we can do something to convince or to encourage many investors to invest in bitcoin so that the demand of bitcoin will rise up and because of that the price will also rise up accordingly. We can promote using this forum and any other sector like social media.
Of course we can manipulate the price but before we can do manipulation do we have a thousand or million bitcoins? or if we do have a group of friends who does bitcoin as well. Those big whales can do that actually but it is not a good idea at all since people will do panic when the price goes down.
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 06:12:30 PM

No the market are getting big so I thin hard for us to manipulated the price. I'm sure when you try to dump the price then other people would take that's opurtinity to buy Bitcoin at cheap price.

Bedebah

Activity: 524
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:24:43 PM

At my opinion we can easily manipulate bitcoin price. Price is high while people ready to buy bitcoin with this price but if we stop buying price will start decreeasing.
I think it's not that easy, with a marketcap that has passed $ 200 billion it's hard to pump or dump the price, I'm sure that the current price is pure, if you do not believe you have $ 1 billion then buy and sell bitcoin, too impactful.
Boh manok

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:23:08 PM

There are many ways to get btc but if you want to quickly get better btc you play in tranding and minning aja but if you do not understand about those two you can follow Bounty There is in this bitcointalk forum, albeit a bit longer to get btc because most Bounty does pay through ETH

Golegard

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:00:06 PM

At my opinion we can easily manipulate bitcoin price. Price is high while people ready to buy bitcoin with this price but if we stop buying price will start decreeasing.
The price will not really decrease if we stop buying. In fact, it will likely become stable and will only decrease if people start selling their bitcoin. Sometimes I think if it is good that the price will become stable but volatility is bitcoin. Many people get interested to it because of the price and also because there is room for growth. We can never manipulate the price because we cannot control other people's decision of when to sell or buy. We can only gain profit or not gain depending on the changes of market volatility.

4U

Activity: 195

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:50:51 PM

You should have quite a lot of money to somehow influence the fate of such a significant cryptocurrency. So it is better advantageous to adapt the course, than trying to it as to influence.
Yeah it requires lot of money but it is better for you in all respects such as the manipulation of bitcoin depends how you get through bitcoin and how you go with bitcoin if you have the skills it is not any tough to be good at bitcoin, bitcoin is proposed the crypto currency as bitcoin offers payment system and the traditional currency, bitcoin has been a subject of security since long. Bitcoin is not impossible to influence but it needs skills and the capital to invest.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:23:22 PM

I think it possible, but of one person even if he will have big money, it's totally possible. I'm more than sure, that there somewhere group of people, who doing that monthly. As myself, I see everyday like exchanger's bots do that.
Mariela

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:49:56 PM

Yah.it is possible that they can manipulate the price of bitcoin.
But i think only the board of this industry have the power to do that.
TiffanyLien23

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:55:17 PM

Well maybe, it's possible to manipulate the price of bitcoin but not for regular people. Maybe for those very rich people that can buy many bitcoin that can cause its prices to go up or sell and dump them all causing a crash again if they will sell their bitcoins suddenly when the value will be in a higher price.
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:24:01 AM

I know there are many big players who manipulate bitcoin price and make huge profits but can we the bitcointalk members also form a cartel and let bitcoin price never fall?is it possible that we manipulate price as I am sure most of bitcoin users visit this forum

Yes, I believe so. If you can buy almost all of the bitcoins then maybe you can increase the price and sell it a bit lower if the  price goes very high. But for these to be done you need to buy almost all of the bitcoins. I think this isn't a good way to do and besides this is cheating. I don't think they could also benefit that much from doing so. Yet who knows somebody would do this.
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:21:18 AM

It might get possible if we build a unity in this forum. But for me I think it is impossible to happen, first of all, we don't know each other in this forum. Second, maybe some people here just earning enough bitcoin. and lastly, we cannot manipulate it because of too many users. We can control them on what they want to do with their bitcoins.
CarltonWyatt

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:40:28 AM

If some of the members of this forum are billionaires then maybe we can register a blip
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:41:46 AM

Yes, I believe it is possible to manipulate the price of bitcoin on the crypto-currencies trading market, but in order to be able to manipulate the price of bitcoin, huge amount of funds are needed to execute the pump and dump strategy within a short time frame.

Yes, I'm sure that the price is the result of engineering of many exchanges, we all know that the greatest exchanges today come from China, they are supported with unlimited money and know each other so as to determine the price of bitcoin, of course their goal is to profit of rising or falling bitcoin prices.
randyboy

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:01:06 AM

If all users here invest in btc in huge amount theres a posibilty that the price are manipulated so we can determine the exact amount of btc that will go in stable value so we can see, acknowledge and to analyze what happen if we manipulate btc price.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:16:03 AM

If all users here invest in btc in huge amount theres a posibilty that the price are manipulated so we can determine the exact amount of btc that will go in stable value so we can see, acknowledge and to analyze what happen if we manipulate btc price.
maybe bitcoin prices can be manipulated, but I think it's very risky for the man who manipulates it, and of course it will benefit the hold. well, this has happened in the previous year, and I think for now the bitcoin price is very difficult to manipulate.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:03:42 AM

maybe bitcoin prices can be manipulated, but I think it's very risky for the man who manipulates it, and of course it will benefit the hold. well, this has happened in the previous year, and I think for now the bitcoin price is very difficult to manipulate.
Most of the people who manipulate the market are the whales and since they are whales, they have a lot of money and when they have a lot of money then they know what to do with it so it is not risky for them to manipulate the price because they know how to play this game and they know how to multiply their money using their strategy in manipulating the market.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:18:25 AM

we have no capacity as we are just small investor,miner or holder..our funds wasnt enough to make the market even react when we do some moves.but if we will have a power together.if theres some good reputation users that will make some groups for us to be together,i think we can do same as the whales are doing
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:29:20 AM

We could not control bitcoin as is we can do nothing to control it. There are more investors out there that can manipulate this system. We doesn't have an idea if how more they are. Manipulating bitcoin is the act of big investors in bitcoin. Probably this people are the owner of big corporation in the world.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: