Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:38:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42358 times)
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:15:50 PM

Oh, okay....I was just thinking that if you were contemplating a wager then your conviction must be pretty strong.  Having an open mind and not letting personal bias cloud your interpretation is commendable....However, I think that Craig Wright provided more evidence against his claim than for it, and now the burden of proof for him is set a little higher.  He lacks credibility; therefore, his proofs will have to be scrutinized in much more detail.  At this point, I seriously doubt that he will be able to overcome that level of scrutiny.

Your thinking is logical if we are to believe his intention has always been to come off as Satoshi which I don't think is the case. My thinking he didn't wish to be known as Satoshi in 2015 and falsified evidence to instill doubt to be dismissed as a Satoshi candidate by the sharp minds of the community. This legacy is coming to haunt him now that he changed his mind, but doesn't make him less of a personality to be the great Satoshi if he presents proof. I understand this revelation may not be what more Satoshi-pious bitcoiners among us like to hear, they expect a messiah like figure and here we have a fallible guy. I understand how this can shake the belief system Smiley

Well, see.  That's the question....what standard of proof will be accepted?  A one private key transaction published on the ledger?....two keys?....three keys?  All that will prove is that he somehow attained some of the private keys to Satoshi NaKamoto's stake in the project.  It could not prove that he is, in fact, Satoshi Nakamoto.  That's where the human element comes into play and the quality of his character becomes significant.  That's where his character will be considered and vouched for by those who had a private personal relationship with him.  And, at this point, his character has come into question.

The standard of proof depends on who you ask.
Nothing could ever be undeniable proof he is Satoshi, now or before he came out of the blue last year.
The open nature of these internet trustless systems presupposes that we do not rely on people's opinions on the personality, instead we should judge by deeds. Honestly I have yet to see something about his personal characteristics that contradicts the spirit of Bitcoin and would turn me away from considering him as unworthy to be the great Satoshi. As for deeds, I am as eager as everyone to see some proof, meanwhile I appreciate the puzzles and fun Smiley

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:24:54 PM

Isn't all that matters is if coins in Satoshi's wallets begin to move? That'd be a bit of a shock to the bitcoin market but would it be fatal?
No not at all, the only "fatal" thing would be a million coin dump and once that sell order was ate through it would rise again.

He doesn't even have to dump it, simply proving that he can could trigger massive panic-selling. And 1m dump + panic-selling could easily mean double digit price range. Sure, things would eventually get back to normal, possibly in the long-run it would even be a good thing if that happened, but how would miners survive long period of mining at massive loss (especially with halving few months away)?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 09:32:41 PM

Oh, okay....I was just thinking that if you were contemplating a wager then your conviction must be pretty strong.  Having an open mind and not letting personal bias cloud your interpretation is commendable....However, I think that Craig Wright provided more evidence against his claim than for it, and now the burden of proof for him is set a little higher.  He lacks credibility; therefore, his proofs will have to be scrutinized in much more detail.  At this point, I seriously doubt that he will be able to overcome that level of scrutiny.

Your thinking is logical if we are to believe his intention has always been to come off as Satoshi which I don't think is the case. My thinking he didn't wish to be known as Satoshi in 2015 and falsified evidence to instill doubt to be dismissed as a Satoshi candidate by the sharp minds of the community. This legacy is coming to haunt him now that he changed his mind, but doesn't make him less of a personality to be the great Satoshi if he presents proof. I understand this revelation may not be what more Satoshi-pious bitcoiners among us like to hear, they expect a messiah like figure and here we have a fallible guy. I understand how this can shake the belief system Smiley

Well, see.  That's the question....what standard of proof will be accepted?  A one private key transaction published on the ledger?....two keys?....three keys?  All that will prove is that he somehow attained some of the private keys to Satoshi NaKamoto's stake in the project.  It could not prove that he is, in fact, Satoshi Nakamoto.  That's where the human element comes into play and the quality of his character becomes significant.  That's where his character will be considered and vouched for by those who had a private personal relationship with him.  And, at this point, his character has come into question.

The standard of proof depends on who you ask.
Nothing could ever be undeniable proof he is Satoshi, now or before he came out of the blue last year.
The open nature of these internet trustless systems presupposes that we do not rely on people's opinions on the personality, instead we should judge by deeds. Honestly I have yet to see something about his personal characteristics that contradicts the spirit of Bitcoin and would turn me away from considering him as unworthy to be the great Satoshi. As for deeds, I am as eager as everyone to see some proof, meanwhile I appreciate the puzzles and fun Smiley

Agree, in part.  I think that his appeal to a third party instead of relying on THE ledger system contradicts the philosophy of bitcoin....But, I agree that we should judge the validity of his claims by his deeds.  Plagiarism, backdating, tax fraud, code manipulation...etc  He has done much to devalue his credibility which will raise the bar as to providing an acceptable standard of proof associated with his contributions to the project.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:38:47 PM

Many people just thinks on BTC to fiat, as if bitcoin isn't a currency on its own or as if its survival was somehow tied to its fiat value.
I mined with a block reward of $0,00050 (if it was that much), still it didn't took me down, like me many...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:40:54 PM

Isn't all that matters is if coins in Satoshi's wallets begin to move? That'd be a bit of a shock to the bitcoin market but would it be fatal?
No not at all, the only "fatal" thing would be a million coin dump and once that sell order was ate through it would rise again.

He doesn't even have to dump it, simply proving that he can could trigger massive panic-selling.

By noobz perhaps. The 1mn coin uncertainty is always priced in, as a fundamental. These coins are considered to exist - not coins that have been destroyed or lost. If they exist, then they have the same potential of moving around as other coins. If tomorrow satoshi moved 1mn coins to bitcoin eater address, price would rise to reflect this. How much would that rise be? A few percent perhaps. So I don't see why would it "crash" if satoshi had an intention to sell some (nobody dumps the whole lot, all at once - that's not how it works). And even if he did dump to the ground, selling his coins for ..300-200-100-50-10$-1$, then the mid-term impact would be less as he would have absorbed less buying power from the market, compared to slowly selling 10k coins for 450-450-450-450 etc.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:42:41 PM

It would bring difficulty down enough home miners would be able to pull their old miners out from the garage and make some btc again.

Difficulty simply cannot drop enough for those inefficient relics to be pulled from the garage. Lower prices would increase the pressure on hashes per joule, not decrease it.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:24:39 PM

http://vitalbet.com/sport/match/577428

Book closes 31.05.2016, 16:00
DR. CRAIG WRIGHT TO PROVE HE IS SATOSHI?
Yes 2.76
No 1.37

Cheesy
chrisvl
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Trainman

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 10:30:26 PM

Yes 2.76
No 1.37

Cheesy
Aυτός είναι o ένας

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:34:25 PM

People will definitely pull out antminer S5s that are underclocked and ESPECIALLY if it is also for heat. If the big boys stop mining they will sell that hardware and for cheap, supply and demand.

If they aren't running them now, then they aren't going to be running them tomorrow unless price increases. Whatever advantage you gain by a decrease in difficulty is always countered by a drop in price. This turns the screw on efficiency, and knocks out the inefficient players.

Anyway, I'm probably veering off-topic now. Back to that scoundrel Wright.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:39:51 PM

Yes 2.76
No 1.37

Cheesy
Aυτός είναι o ένας

Δε νoμιζω / don't think so Tongue
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:40:46 AM

The signature he posted is bytes taken from transaction 828ef3b079f9c23829c56fe86e85b4a69d9e06e5b54ea597eef5fb3ffef509fe.

Part of that time was spent on a careful cryptographic verification of messages signed with keys that only Satoshi should possess.

No you didn't.

But even before I witnessed the keys signed and then verified on a clean computer that could not have been tampered with, I was reasonably certain I was sitting next to the Father of Bitcoin.

That's looking unlikely.

Maybe you're complicit eh, Gavin?

Finally got to know your alt account ,Termos  Grin Grin

yo
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:07:44 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hx3q9/according_to_the_mtgox_leaks_from_early_2014_our/

submitted 8 hours ago * by apoefjmqdsfls

As /u/winlifeat posted here, Craig was user 'e62d5e53-0dbc-44be-9591-725cd55ca9dd' at the Mtgox exchange. With this identifier, it's possible to look up his trades in the 2014 leak. I posted the raw data in this pastebin, you can import it into spreadsheet software like Excel to play with it yourself.

He started trading at 22/04/2013, this is just after the crash of the April 2013 bubble (or the 'Cyprus bubble'). He lost interest pretty quickly, because activity stopped 27/04, only to come back 25/11 around the peak of the last bitcoin bubble. His average price is actually $120 and he bought around 50 bitcoins, but his last buy was 17 bitcoins at around $1200. He ends up with a balance of just under 15 bitcoins when mtgox shuts down, so he probably lost another few bitcoins with trading. (The trade data in the leak stops at November 2013)

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
jasondeadz09

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:12:25 AM

Let's wait for some proofs Smiley
Heutenamos

Activity: 812

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:19:19 AM

Let's wait for some proofs Smiley

No matter what he proves , that dousche cannot be the creator of such a thing.

yo
Jacques21

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:26:02 AM

He sure is taking his time to prove something that should be quick and easy to prove. ( If he was the real satoshi )
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:30:17 AM

He sure is taking his time to prove something that should be quick and easy to prove. ( If he was the real satoshi )
The excuse for not moving coin will be something like "the trust will not allow me access at this time", or somethingorother.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:37:49 AM

Craig Wright interview at the ~5 minute mark: https://vimeo.com/149115042

Paraphrased: I like making little codes. The swarm of little codes change their own algorithms and compete with existing code. (then he analogizes that into the blockchain)
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 07:39:38 AM

In short this is the scenerio.

If Craig deliberately wants to prove that he's Satoshi, he'll have to prove himself through a simple proof from the genesis address. Going in a roundabout way will only make himself more of a hoaxer.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:51:02 AM

Craig Wright interview at the ~5 minute mark: https://vimeo.com/149115042

Paraphrased: I like making little codes. The swarm of little codes change their own algorithms and compete with existing code. (then he analogizes that into the blockchain)

At the beginning of Part 1 - https://vimeo.com/149035662 - Craig was asked when he got into Bitcoin, and replied with a number of years. The video is dated June 2014. I firmly believe that CSW wasn't in Bitcoin prior to 2013. He was asked what the price was when he came into Bitcoin, and replied that there wasn't a price, alluding to 2009 just like with declarations from Marshall Long, Leroy Fodor and Nick Spanos, all three buying and selling bitcoins prior to the first market being created.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:04:08 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hx3q9/according_to_the_mtgox_leaks_from_early_2014_our/

submitted 8 hours ago * by apoefjmqdsfls

As /u/winlifeat posted here, Craig was user 'e62d5e53-0dbc-44be-9591-725cd55ca9dd' at the Mtgox exchange. With this identifier, it's possible to look up his trades in the 2014 leak. I posted the raw data in this pastebin, you can import it into spreadsheet software like Excel to play with it yourself.

He started trading at 22/04/2013, this is just after the crash of the April 2013 bubble (or the 'Cyprus bubble'). He lost interest pretty quickly, because activity stopped 27/04, only to come back 25/11 around the peak of the last bitcoin bubble. His average price is actually $120 and he bought around 50 bitcoins, but his last buy was 17 bitcoins at around $1200. He ends up with a balance of just under 15 bitcoins when mtgox shuts down, so he probably lost another few bitcoins with trading. (The trade data in the leak stops at November 2013)

FWIW, his same email address is not in the first Mt Gox dump (I have a copy) starting with...

1,jed,jed@thefarwilds.com,$1$E1xAsgR1$vPt0d/L3f81Ys3SxJ7rIh/
2,Babylon,babylon_horuv@lycos.com,$1$ww5kHeyP$8X080o0Qzu.ZTUZ.MqpIC/
3,kevin,kevin@pentabarf.net,$1$0ib3/xhJ$yITSUbrOZw1Q.x4nWBp5.1
4,Justdigi,,$1$yHWqORNr$rRF7U59c9UY9utiW/ZnF..
6,BitCoinPurse,john.wefler@gmail.com,$1$WNPPwCLE$1GezPEs8c5OgOLS7qhI5x/
7,EricJ2190,EricJ2190@gmail.com,5de14ed92c5a56c0a50cf3a9c4d8b736
8,theymos,theymos@mm.st,$1$Rhiuqwb/$gv1XZq5QcjoTfMQUaz1/K/
9,bythebit,bitcoinnick@yahoo.com,aa535719a177d00a38e7128be0bf440c
10,abcde,,$1$eVe/yQrF$HNws4a6lsEuUCvvUHZPil/
12,jercos,jercos@gmail.com,e3c40a11dc441e102cdf004fb767f33c

<first time I noticed that 5 and 11 are missing>

Nor any of the Wrights fit the bill. And, not a single Kleiman.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: