Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:51:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: SATOSHI FINALLY REVEALED!  (Read 42358 times)
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:59:43 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36213588

On Monday evening, I suggested to Wright's PR firm that if he could send me a fraction of a coin from an early Bitcoin block - which of course I would return - that might show he had Satoshi's keys. But Wright's team came up with a different plan on Wednesday afternoon.

They sent me a draft blog in which he outlined a scheme that would see Matonis, Andresen and the BBC all send small amounts of Bitcoin to the address used in the first ever transaction. Then he would send it back, in what would be the first outgoing transactions from the block since January 2009.

We went ahead with our payments - I sent 0.017BTC (about £5), which you can still see in the online records. Matonis and Andresen sent similar amounts.

Then we waited. And waited. Then my phone rang - with the news that the whole operation was "on hold", with no reason given.

Eighteen hours later we are still waiting for the payments to be made - and now Wright's new blog says that is not going to happen.

Cry Cry Cry

[img ]https://i.imgflip.com/13n7m1.jpg[/img]

A single key transaction wouldn't have been enough to prove that he has control of Satoshi's stake in the project anyway....He probably figured out the futility of that effort and changed his mind....or, you guys are just his puppets in an opening act and he's making you dance a little before exposing his true motives....Probably, both!

Just because I'm such a wonderful guy I'll quote myself from another CW thread:

A WO-thread buddy of mine shared an interesting point:

This is how Satoshi Nakamoto would have to reveal himself in order to not risk breaking Bitcoin or causing market disruptions.

* First you contact people you know you can prove it to, make them sign an NDA and keep 100% control of the process.

* Release the claim along with confirmations from these trusted parties.

* Provide confusing proof to the public to soften the blow.

* Let time pass.

* Gradually provide more convincing proof to the public.

With that in mind it would probably be wise to keep from going apeshit on forums before we know more.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 07:04:41 PM

Look what you all did! You scared Craig away!

http://www.drcraigwright.net
I’m Sorry

I believed that I could do this. I believed that I could put the years of anonymity and hiding behind me. But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot.

When the rumors began, my qualifications and character were attacked. When those allegations were proven false, new allegations have already begun. I know now that I am not strong enough for this.

I know that this weakness will cause great damage to those that have supported me, and particularly to Jon Matonis and Gavin Andresen. I can only hope that their honour and credibility is not irreparably tainted by my actions. They were not deceived, but I know that the world will never believe that now. I can only say I’m sorry.

And goodbye.

Well, it was fun.

Hey,

I read it few hours ago and I have to say I laughed a lot. It's pretty funny!

Perhaps there is a method in this madness. If he's Satoshi then now most of us will think that he's just a scammer, so Satoshi will remain anonymous.

When I saw the BBC interview with Craig few days ago and I looked into his eyes all what I was thinking was that "no, he's not Satoshi."
But this seems to be a typical reaction and a reasonable one. And now, when chances to get some proofs are gone because he's scared Tongue What else can I think than: A good joke! Nice act! Bravo, bravo...

BTW. perhaps real Satoshi has a different style of writing. I understand that Craig Wright might use different styles to cover his identity but well ... numbers don't lie Tongue

Stats:

Real Satoshi in all of his posts used the word "don't" 131 times in 575 posts but the word "do not" was used 6 times.  So the chance that he will use "don't" instead of "do not" is almost 22 times higher than the other option.

His latest quote:
Quote from: Dr. Craig W.
I do not have the courage. I cannot.
Cheesy

So, for me the chance that he's Satoshi is pretty like 1/22 :] (don't take it too serious)

Smiley

Best regards.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:12:18 PM

To give lower priority in a ddos. Not blacklist.

The blacklist thing was because you can't have a brainwave in BTC without everyone shouting "Slippery Slope!!!".

A blacklist is not a blocklist. A list marking nodes for deprioritization is the former. Besides revealing a client's IP, it's not difficult to see how this system could be abused.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:13:39 PM

I don't believe Gavin, that he didn't smell the setup in London. He plays the innocent guy now, but he is not very good at acting.

Sorry Gavin, but you're through. You're history. You're gone. You're vapor (Thx Frank)

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 07:15:47 PM

I don't believe Gavin, that he didn't smell the setup in London. He plays the innocent guy now, but he is not very good at acting.

Sorry Gavin, but you're through. You're history. You're gone. You're vapor (Thx Frank)

My opinion is that Gavin was manipulated but he even don't know about it. Craig is clever he might be skilled in manipulations.

Quote from: Gavin & roslinpl
I might be wrong.

so the TV station was right from the very beginning.

Smiley

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 07:21:36 PM

So he did smell a setup and yet decided to go with it? Is that what you're saying? You really think he believed that community would accept CSW as Satoshi without hard evidence?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:36:34 PM

He probably believes he's Satoshi.  Delusional.  The guy is facing a huge tax scam problem in Australia.  If he had Satoshi's money, he would have used it to stay out of trouble.  He's repeatedly done scammy things to make himself look like Satoshi.  He wants to feel important and have people respect him for making Bitcoin, because his real life is a failure and a con.

I think the real Satoshi, whoever he is, lost the keys to all those coins.  Rather than admit it, he just stays silent.  He doesn't want the world calling him an idiot for the rest of his life.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:55:26 PM

He probably believes he's Satoshi.  Delusional.  The guy is facing a huge tax scam problem in Australia.  If he had Satoshi's money, he would have used it to stay out of trouble.  He's repeatedly done scammy things to make himself look like Satoshi.  He wants to feel important and have people respect him for making Bitcoin, because his real life is a failure and a con.

I think the real Satoshi, whoever he is, lost the keys to all those coins.  Rather than admit it, he just stays silent.  He doesn't want the world calling him an idiot for the rest of his life.

He makes a big song and dance about being a doctor with his Dr Craig Wright website, but his doctorate is in theology not cryptography.

Theology is usually studied by priests before they get ordained, not by computer scientists.

He's over 45 now and claims he's submitted his thesis for a second doctorate in computer science. If the real Satoshi was awarded a doctorate I would expect it to be in computer science or cryptography, and have been awarded before he invented Bitcoin.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:07:50 PM

So he did smell a setup and yet decided to go with it? Is that what you're saying? You really think he believed that community would accept CSW as Satoshi without hard evidence?

I can only say what I and a lot of people here would do if confronted with a situation like this:

1. Sign a message with the 2008 PGP key or GTFO
2. If he wants to prove to me he is Satoshi, it is me who will setup the enviroment not him. If he doesn't agree: He is not Satoshi.
3. If he provides any old conversations I would be amazed, but not even 60% convinced (go back to 1.)
4. Sign the said blocks or GTFO

Gavin does it completely different. He might get paid for this, dunno.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
NoBit

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:19:57 PM

Joseph VaughnPerling: You had some questions?

Aaron van Wirdum: The main question I have right now is: If Wright is Satoshi ... why would he publish fake proof? Any idea?

JVP: I have some very good ideas. If I were in Dr. Wright's position, I would do exactly as he has done.

I also have a message for Dr. Wright from the trustee of the Tulip trust that is controlling the coins that he wants to move. Not yet announced:

“The Tulip Trading Trust trustee, appointed by Dave Kleiman as of Oct 12nd 2012. It has been rumored that Craig Wright will need to access Tulip Trading Trust assets. Trustee acts in the interest of the beneficiary alone and must defend against undue influence by others. In order to authorize movements of trust assets the beneficiary must come forward and make a direct request of the trustee our way–NOT via 3rd party nor any intermediaries. Any coin movement affecting the trust asset without prior authorization will be considered a trust violation and invalid irrespective of any claim of constructive bailment. The Trust alone has control over its assets. Tampering or manipulating with trust assets by anyone (including the beneficiary) might have material legal and tax implications. Beneficiaries are invited to a conference call 12:00 UTC Friday to discuss interests. Principals only.”
AVW: Can you help me out here? Who's who in this message? Is Wright a beneficiary?

JVP: It is not my place to speculate on the transactions and assets of others.

AVW: So you don't know?

JVP: What I know and when I know it is not something I am interested in sharing. At least as regards the matter of the finances of others. It would show me to be a nosy one. And that much is already apparent to anyone looking at me. My nose is hard to miss.

AVW: As I interpret that message, Dave Kleiman locked up Satoshi's holdings with Tulip Trust. In order to move Satoshi’s coins, like Wright said he would, he needs access. Which he may or may not get ...

JVP: Close, but it shows that you are not entirely familiar with how a trust works.

AVW: That is correct.

JVP: Did you have other questions?

AVW: Why do you have this message?

JVP: He will know why.

AVW: Why are you sharing it with me?

JVP: It will also be shared with some selected cryptographers.

AVW: But I can publish it?

JVP: Kind of you to ask. Yes.

AVW: So you're really sharing it with the world then. Which brings us back to "why"...

JVP: I would like for Craig Wright to have his privacy. He has already done more for us than we can repay, but it is not just this. I would like him to be able to do what he wants to do, without interference. We would all be better off when that occurs.

AVW: How does sharing that message help?

JVP: He is following a wrong path, because he must. He is doing it the least-wrong way possible. He is on Meifumando. It is as it has to be.

AVW: What is the wrong path? And what is the right path?

JVP: The world can learn much from what he has done and how. He is showing what cryptography does and does not do. It is a lesson that the world needs to learn before mass adoption can occur.

AVW: Mass adoption of Bitcoin?

JVP: The world was not ready for Bitcoin when it appeared. When the world learns these simple lessons, it will be more ready.

AVW: Why is Bitcoin not ready for mass adoption?

JVP: People do not understand what cryptography does and does not do. People do not understand pseudonymous. Having a key means you have a key. It does not mean you had it previously, or that you will have it in the future.

AVW: Right ... So?

JVP: He is forced on a stage, so he provides a masterful lesson that many who call themselves cryptographers seem to have forgotten.

AVW: In what way is he forced?

JVP: He said it himself, the decision to appear was made by others. Did you not even watch his video on BBC?

AVW: Of course I did.

JVP: Watch it again. You missed a lot.

AVW: But he didn't say in what way he was forced, did he? Or how, or why ...

JVP: I will say this much. If I were in his situation, I would have done as he did, though probably not even as well as he did.

AVW: Wright's Twitter account bio says Ian Grigg and yourself maintain it. Is that true?

JVP: Dr. Wright deleted his Twitter account for his own protection. A friend of his picked up the account as it came available to preserve it for him.

AVW: So Ian and yourself are currently controlling that Twitter account?

JVP: There may be others involved as well, but we are the ones that are taking the bullets.

AVW: How well do you actually know Wright? You speak like you know him very well, but you just met him at a conference once, didn't you?

JVP: I met him at a conference in 2005, he wore the moniker. We discussed what became Bitcoin at great length. He knew all there was to know about Bitcoin in 2005, and he shared it with me. I did not learn his government-registered name until much later.

AVW: So you did get to know him later on?

JVP: That's a story for another time.

AVW: Did you know Dave Kleiman as well?

JVP: Dave Kleiman was an exceptional man. If you want to know more about Dave, you should talk to the SANS folks.

One of the top SANS people is also having a conference in Las Vegas in September, where the Trustee of the Tulip Trust is expected to appear.

AVW: Expected to appear?

JVP: Very high probability.

Not all details are decided, but I have heard that they may be even auctioning consultations with her.

AVW: You realize all of this is a really weird story, right?

JVP: Yes, and you have seen only the snowdrift on the tip of the iceberg. The level of weird is off the scale.

AVW: Do you know the full story?

JVP: I doubt even Craig knows the full story, but I could fill about 20 books.

AVW: No offense, but: Why should I trust any of this? Why should I trust anything you say?

JVP: Do your own research. Keep on your quest for knowledge. When you find someone who can teach you, listen carefully. When you find someone that can learn from you, be kind.

AVW: You're skilled at avoiding questions through what sounds like ancient wisdoms.

JVP: You are a reporter, the ancient wisdom is multiple sources, so ... do your own research …

Bitrated user: nobit.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 08:25:09 PM

I can only say what I and a lot of people here would do if confronted with a situation like this:

1. Sign a message with the 2008 PGP key or GTFO
2. If he wants to prove to me he is Satoshi, it is me who will setup the enviroment not him. If he doesn't agree: He is not Satoshi.
3. If he provides any old conversations I would be amazed, but not even 60% convinced (go back to 1.)
4. Sign the said blocks or GTFO

Gavin does it completely different. He might get paid for this, dunno.

Thank you Captain Hindsight !!!, but that's not quite what I was asking.

BTW should Adam Back also be dismissed from any engagement in BTC development for his quotes from 'possible satoshi' (spoofed email)? Or does this logic only work for certain dev(s)?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:30:00 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 08:40:55 PM by Fatman3001

To give lower priority in a ddos. Not blacklist.

The blacklist thing was because you can't have a brainwave in BTC without everyone shouting "Slippery Slope!!!".

A blacklist is not a blocklist. A list marking nodes for deprioritization is the former. Besides revealing a client's IP, it's not difficult to see how this system could be abused.

*sigh*

Is there anything in that wikipedia page that supports your side of things?

Not sure how revealing TOR node IPs would do much harm, and to say it's easy to abuse is to say that the entire Bitcoin community is technologically illiterate. Any abuse would be very easy to spot. The best argument against this feature is that it could easily be circumvented and/or that TOR is sacred. But that's no fun. You can't string people up for that.

Edit: From your link above: "In computing, a blacklist is an access control system that denies entry to a specific list (or a defined range) of users, programs, or network addresses."

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 08:31:18 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/satoshi-saga-continues-tulip-trust-trustee-expected-to-appear-by-september-says-joseph-vaughnperling-1462467803

Proof!

... that this whole thing is beyond retarded.

One of the top SANS people is also having a conference in Las Vegas in September, where the Trustee of the Tulip Trust is expected to appear.

Not all details are decided, but I have heard that they may be even auctioning consultations with her.

Finally an attempt to make money off this drama. That I can believe.
NoBit

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:36:39 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/satoshi-saga-continues-tulip-trust-trustee-expected-to-appear-by-september-says-joseph-vaughnperling-1462467803

Proof!

... that this whole thing is beyond retarded.

Finally an attempt to make money off this drama. That I can believe.

I can agree with that. It really sounds beyond autistic.

Bitrated user: nobit.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:41:50 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hx3q9/according_to_the_mtgox_leaks_from_early_2014_our/

submitted 8 hours ago * by apoefjmqdsfls

As /u/winlifeat posted here, Craig was user 'e62d5e53-0dbc-44be-9591-725cd55ca9dd' at the Mtgox exchange. With this identifier, it's possible to look up his trades in the 2014 leak. I posted the raw data in this pastebin, you can import it into spreadsheet software like Excel to play with it yourself.

He started trading at 22/04/2013, this is just after the crash of the April 2013 bubble (or the 'Cyprus bubble'). He lost interest pretty quickly, because activity stopped 27/04, only to come back 25/11 around the peak of the last bitcoin bubble. His average price is actually $120 and he bought around 50 bitcoins, but his last buy was 17 bitcoins at around $1200. He ends up with a balance of just under 15 bitcoins when mtgox shuts down, so he probably lost another few bitcoins with trading. (The trade data in the leak stops at November 2013)

FWIW, his same email address is not in the first Mt Gox dump (I have a copy) starting with...

1,jed,jed@thefarwilds.com,$1$E1xAsgR1$vPt0d/L3f81Ys3SxJ7rIh/
2,Babylon,babylon_horuv@lycos.com,$1$ww5kHeyP$8X080o0Qzu.ZTUZ.MqpIC/
3,kevin,kevin@pentabarf.net,$1$0ib3/xhJ$yITSUbrOZw1Q.x4nWBp5.1
4,Justdigi,,$1$yHWqORNr$rRF7U59c9UY9utiW/ZnF..
6,BitCoinPurse,john.wefler@gmail.com,$1$WNPPwCLE$1GezPEs8c5OgOLS7qhI5x/
7,EricJ2190,EricJ2190@gmail.com,5de14ed92c5a56c0a50cf3a9c4d8b736
8,theymos,theymos@mm.st,$1$Rhiuqwb/$gv1XZq5QcjoTfMQUaz1/K/
9,bythebit,bitcoinnick@yahoo.com,aa535719a177d00a38e7128be0bf440c
10,abcde,,$1$eVe/yQrF$HNws4a6lsEuUCvvUHZPil/
12,jercos,jercos@gmail.com,e3c40a11dc441e102cdf004fb767f33c

<first time I noticed that 5 and 11 are missing>

Nor any of the Wrights fit the bill. And, not a single Kleiman.

Which dump besides these two from 2014+2015 are you talking about? Download link?

There is no link, for they're all taken down as quickly as they're put up. I believe the copy I have is from 2012. Somebody please confirm if you haven'y already while I get caught up on this thread. At the end of the task at hand, I'll look for proof/date myself for you, bud.
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:42:07 PM

What a goon, the play didn't work out... Seen it a mile away. Good excuse though Roll Eyes

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:49:21 PM

Joseph VaughnPerling: You had some questions?

Aaron van Wirdum: The main question I have right now is: If Wright is Satoshi ... why would he publish fake proof? Any idea?

JVP: I have some very good ideas. If I were in Dr. Wright's position, I would do exactly as he has done.

I also have a message for Dr. Wright from the trustee of the Tulip trust that is controlling the coins that he wants to move. Not yet announced:

“The Tulip Trading Trust trustee, appointed by Dave Kleiman as of Oct 12nd 2012. It has been rumored that Craig Wright will need to access Tulip Trading Trust assets. Trustee acts in the interest of the beneficiary alone and must defend against undue influence by others. In order to authorize movements of trust assets the beneficiary must come forward and make a direct request of the trustee our way–NOT via 3rd party nor any intermediaries. Any coin movement affecting the trust asset without prior authorization will be considered a trust violation and invalid irrespective of any claim of constructive bailment. The Trust alone has control over its assets. Tampering or manipulating with trust assets by anyone (including the beneficiary) might have material legal and tax implications. Beneficiaries are invited to a conference call 12:00 UTC Friday to discuss interests. Principals only.”
AVW: Can you help me out here? Who's who in this message? Is Wright a beneficiary?

JVP: It is not my place to speculate on the transactions and assets of others.

AVW: So you don't know?

JVP: What I know and when I know it is not something I am interested in sharing. At least as regards the matter of the finances of others. It would show me to be a nosy one. And that much is already apparent to anyone looking at me. My nose is hard to miss.

AVW: As I interpret that message, Dave Kleiman locked up Satoshi's holdings with Tulip Trust. In order to move Satoshi’s coins, like Wright said he would, he needs access. Which he may or may not get ...

JVP: Close, but it shows that you are not entirely familiar with how a trust works.

AVW: That is correct.

JVP: Did you have other questions?

AVW: Why do you have this message?

JVP: He will know why.

AVW: Why are you sharing it with me?

JVP: It will also be shared with some selected cryptographers.

AVW: But I can publish it?

JVP: Kind of you to ask. Yes.

AVW: So you're really sharing it with the world then. Which brings us back to "why"...

JVP: I would like for Craig Wright to have his privacy. He has already done more for us than we can repay, but it is not just this. I would like him to be able to do what he wants to do, without interference. We would all be better off when that occurs.

AVW: How does sharing that message help?

JVP: He is following a wrong path, because he must. He is doing it the least-wrong way possible. He is on Meifumando. It is as it has to be.

AVW: What is the wrong path? And what is the right path?

JVP: The world can learn much from what he has done and how. He is showing what cryptography does and does not do. It is a lesson that the world needs to learn before mass adoption can occur.

AVW: Mass adoption of Bitcoin?

JVP: The world was not ready for Bitcoin when it appeared. When the world learns these simple lessons, it will be more ready.

AVW: Why is Bitcoin not ready for mass adoption?

JVP: People do not understand what cryptography does and does not do. People do not understand pseudonymous. Having a key means you have a key. It does not mean you had it previously, or that you will have it in the future.

AVW: Right ... So?

JVP: He is forced on a stage, so he provides a masterful lesson that many who call themselves cryptographers seem to have forgotten.

AVW: In what way is he forced?

JVP: He said it himself, the decision to appear was made by others. Did you not even watch his video on BBC?

AVW: Of course I did.

JVP: Watch it again. You missed a lot.

AVW: But he didn't say in what way he was forced, did he? Or how, or why ...

JVP: I will say this much. If I were in his situation, I would have done as he did, though probably not even as well as he did.

AVW: Wright's Twitter account bio says Ian Grigg and yourself maintain it. Is that true?

JVP: Dr. Wright deleted his Twitter account for his own protection. A friend of his picked up the account as it came available to preserve it for him.

AVW: So Ian and yourself are currently controlling that Twitter account?

JVP: There may be others involved as well, but we are the ones that are taking the bullets.

AVW: How well do you actually know Wright? You speak like you know him very well, but you just met him at a conference once, didn't you?

JVP: I met him at a conference in 2005, he wore the moniker. We discussed what became Bitcoin at great length. He knew all there was to know about Bitcoin in 2005, and he shared it with me. I did not learn his government-registered name until much later.

AVW: So you did get to know him later on?

JVP: That's a story for another time.

AVW: Did you know Dave Kleiman as well?

JVP: Dave Kleiman was an exceptional man. If you want to know more about Dave, you should talk to the SANS folks.

AVW: You realize all of this is a really weird story, right?

JVP: Yes, and you have seen only the snowdrift on the tip of the iceberg. The level of weird is off the scale.

AVW: Do you know the full story?

JVP: I doubt even Craig knows the full story, but I could fill about 20 books.

AVW: No offense, but: Why should I trust any of this? Why should I trust anything you say?

JVP: Do your own research. Keep on your quest for knowledge. When you find someone who can teach you, listen carefully. When you find someone that can learn from you, be kind.

AVW: You're skilled at avoiding questions through what sounds like ancient wisdoms.

JVP: You are a reporter, the ancient wisdom is multiple sources, so ... do your own research …
Oh great. More cryptic i-know-something-you-dont bullshit.

Since he mentioned it in that transcript, Joseph has said to me, that he met someone who said the words Satoshi Nakamoto before 2008. At the time (2 years ago) he wasnt sure of the date, but thought it was around 2006/7, though. Said it was a cypherpunk type meeting, and Joseph was asked to join the GROUP. He didnt, and forgot about it, until Bitcoin was born.    
Almagro

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:58:56 PM

Revealing of Satoshi happens when the long time inactive account of satoshi makes few posts. Lets hope to see him soon.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:01:12 PM

Revealing of Satoshi happens when the long time inactive account of satoshi makes few posts. Lets hope to see him soon.

I think Theymos locked that account so that would just mean that Satoshi is made of magic.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 09:30:59 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hx3q9/according_to_the_mtgox_leaks_from_early_2014_our/

submitted 8 hours ago * by apoefjmqdsfls

As /u/winlifeat posted here, Craig was user 'e62d5e53-0dbc-44be-9591-725cd55ca9dd' at the Mtgox exchange. With this identifier, it's possible to look up his trades in the 2014 leak. I posted the raw data in this pastebin, you can import it into spreadsheet software like Excel to play with it yourself.

He started trading at 22/04/2013, this is just after the crash of the April 2013 bubble (or the 'Cyprus bubble'). He lost interest pretty quickly, because activity stopped 27/04, only to come back 25/11 around the peak of the last bitcoin bubble. His average price is actually $120 and he bought around 50 bitcoins, but his last buy was 17 bitcoins at around $1200. He ends up with a balance of just under 15 bitcoins when mtgox shuts down, so he probably lost another few bitcoins with trading. (The trade data in the leak stops at November 2013)

This I can't understand. Why would he buy Bitcoins at $1200 if he had like around a million of them? If he was selling that's OK, but why he was buying them?

http://pastebin.com/g3ME3Grc

f3f476e6-aeee-4588-b4c9-7806799d1396,9ab89b61-b62a-4c6e-9ae6-af0c162b18db,"2013-04-24 03:27:04",withdraw,-1.8
f3f476e6-aeee-4588-b4c9-7806799d1396,732006b1-ee55-425f-9482-1ef41ed2ae88,"2013-04-24 03:32:32",withdraw,-1.8
f3f476e6-aeee-4588-b4c9-7806799d1396,3f7cb5be-f852-4660-9993-ce7bce950f91,"2013-04-24 04:21:02",deposit,0.57
f3f476e6-aeee-4588-b4c9-7806799d1396,7abd5d12-d8a8-42b6-9716-aa8b16d84ae1,"2013-05-03 04:30:23",withdraw,-43.8857
f3f476e6-aeee-4588-b4c9-7806799d1396,fee6e20c-f488-44ae-9309-201cbdab7836,"2013-11-24 22:58:00",deposit,23.461
f3f476e6-aeee-4588-b4c9-7806799d1396,726e2a91-5d5c-431d-a629-ffbf04b8102e,"2014-01-22 08:46:26",withdraw,-3

https://blockchain.info/address/1FedX5gRu5UZbJCZs7J2GEWA5N3BcTAsdF

Time for us to do some forensics of our own on the world's topmost forensics dude. HAHAHA

CSW: Looks like Mt Gox is not to be trusted, ergo time for another deposit to prove them monumental asshole trolls wrong: https://www.walletexplorer.com/txid/f40754ef64b9c977e08f5f63afcd8ec4ad6a4ec241363b275a7879f67d01f836
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: