Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2024, 04:33:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144144 times)
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:35:17 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2016, 11:18:07 AM by clovis A.

Elated and relieved to get that kumbaya moment in the rear-view mirror Smiley

I assume, with this new agreement, Neil will remain on board as the Peerplays CGO for future development in addition to Rawbots?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
modcom

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:54:27 AM

I am very happy to see all parties have worked out their issues.

Now you guys can focus on the furture...

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:06:26 PM

Awesome news, looking forward to the auction.

BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 01:27:24 AM

I assume with this new agreement, Neil will remain on board as the Peerplays CGO, for future development in addition to Rawbots?

Neil is working full time on Rawbots integration to Peerplays and is no longer the CGO for the Peerplays project.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 11:17:20 AM

I assume, with this new agreement, Neil will remain on board as the Peerplays CGO for future development in addition to Rawbots?

Neil is working full time on Rawbots integration to Peerplays and is no longer the CGO for the Peerplays project.

Thanks.

So, will a new CGO be named or is this seat going to remain empty for the indeterminate future......or not be filled at all?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 02:40:10 PM

I assume with this new agreement, Neil will remain on board as the Peerplays CGO, for future development in addition to Rawbots?

great to hear actually. doubt this position is needed to be honest

Mgrover

Activity: 199

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:17:24 PM

when will bts snapshot will announced.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 03:59:41 PM

what it's about? I've read but didn't get it

BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:25:09 PM

We had a hangout update last week where we discussed this. Earlier in this thread an update was also given:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1462351.msg16231472#msg16231472

Just to get this clear, the share drop is now after the 17th?

The SNAPSHOT of the BTS blockchain happens on a random block between midnight UTC on Sepember 1st and midnight UTC on September 16th. (The exact block can only be known based on a simple calculation that gets performed after the last block before midnight is signed on the 15th.)

The SHAREDROP happens when the Peerplays blockchain is launched, towards the end of this year. A sharedrop is when the snapshotted addresses/accounts are integrated into the Genesis block of the new Peerplays blockchain. The people who controlled the BTS held in those addresses/accounts can then use the same private keys from their BitShares accounts to unlock their new Peerplays tokens on the Peerplays blockchain.

Hope this helps to clarify your question.

UPDATE 9/17

According to the calculation given in the original announcement, the snapshot will be applied to BitShares block number 9,291,600

Which was produced at 2016-09-02 16:37 (UTC)

Which means that any BTS that you had in your wallet on this date and time will be counted towards the sharedrop.
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 12:00:28 PM

We had a hangout update last week where we discussed this. Earlier in this thread an update was also given:

The SNAPSHOT of the BTS blockchain happens on a random block between midnight UTC on Sepember 1st and midnight UTC on September 16th. (The exact block can only be known based on a simple calculation that gets performed after the last block before midnight is signed on the 15th.)

The SHAREDROP happens when the Peerplays blockchain is launched, towards the end of this year. A sharedrop is when the snapshotted addresses/accounts are integrated into the Genesis block of the new Peerplays blockchain. The people who controlled the BTS held in those addresses/accounts can then use the same private keys from their BitShares accounts to unlock their new Peerplays tokens on the Peerplays blockchain.

UPDATE 9/17

According to the calculation given in the original announcement, the snapshot will be applied to BitShares block number 9,291,600

Which means that any BTS that you had in your wallet on this date and time will be counted towards the sharedrop.

Thanks for the answer! Yes I read this, but I don't get the idea of what's it about in general  Smiley

I bought some Peerplays tokens during the second stage of ICO. Then I registered on Freedom Ledger and got this memo: "freedom-ledger issued 250 PEERPLAYS to ...". So the question is does this SHAREDROP affect me in any way? Should I receive anything from it or no? Or it's something about BTS, not peerplays?

BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:10:19 PM

UPDATE 9/17

Thanks for the answer! Yes I read this, but I don't get the idea of what's it about in general  Smiley

I bought some Peerplays tokens during the second stage of ICO. Then I registered on Freedom Ledger and got this memo: "freedom-ledger issued 250 PEERPLAYS to ...". So the question is does this SHAREDROP affect me in any way? Should I receive anything from it or no? Or it's something about BTS, not peerplays?

Unless you were holding BTS in your wallet during the sharedrop date, this whole thing would not affect you in any way in that regard. You should not receive anything from it if you have not held BTS during the sharedrop period.

After the testnet launch next week though we will be providing more information regarding the sharedrop to those that are interested and did hold BTS during the time period announced.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 07:21:12 PM

UPDATE 9/17

Then I'm stuck, I deposited BTS in my Openledger acct. on the 3rd. No sharedrop for me.  Undecided

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 11:24:01 PM

Unless you were holding BTS in your wallet during the sharedrop date, this whole thing would not affect you in any way in that regard. You should not receive anything from it if you have not held BTS during the sharedrop period.

After the testnet launch next week though we will be providing more information regarding the sharedrop to those that are interested and did hold BTS during the time period announced.
[/quote]

Ah, okay. May I ask another question? Because I'm really curious Smiley
It was sharedrop of what exactly? Like Perplays bounty or something? Why for BTS holders?

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 11:26:39 PM

In order to justify the current price of Peerplays at $12 the team would need to gather about $6M during upcoming auction. Do you think it's possible?

MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 02:16:02 AM

In order to justify the current price of Peerplays at $12 the team would need to gather about $6M during upcoming auction. Do you think it's possible?

Let's see what the testnet offers.  The price right now is being driven by speculation and you know that.  The Peerplays team don't need to justify anything because they aren't creating the price - the market is (yes, I know who decided the initial ICO price).

I'm waiting to see what the 26th shows. 

Price doesn't matter more than ratios.  A bit different, though, when you are discussing what may be the first relevant profit sharing coin.

My opinion being said, I think it might be possible.  So there is that. Will be interesting regardless.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 11:52:19 PM

Let's see what the testnet offers.  The price right now is being driven by speculation and you know that.  The Peerplays team don't need to justify anything because they aren't creating the price - the market is (yes, I know who decided the initial ICO price).

I'm waiting to see what the 26th shows. 

Price doesn't matter more than ratios.  A bit different, though, when you are discussing what may be the first relevant profit sharing coin.

My opinion being said, I think it might be possible.  So there is that. Will be interesting regardless.

I agree. It's just that it suddenly came to me that there aren't 500K Peerplays on the auction, but 700K, because first two ICO stages tokens are also tradable.

MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 01:43:54 AM

I agree. It's just that it suddenly came to me that there aren't 500K Peerplays on the auction, but 700K, because first two ICO stages tokens are also tradable.

I was thinking about that too.  But the total supply is not like other coins.  1 million total is not very much.  That and there is a month between the testnet and the auction.  Time enough for the project to get hyped, if hype is justified.

I think it will be interesting.  I am also thinking that there might be money diverted elsewhere when the auction goes live.  ZCash launches on the 28th of October and if I am not mistaken, that is pretty close to the Peerplays auction commencement.  ZCash will likely be huge and in competition with a relatively small crypto niche (attention wise).  That is likely a relevant factor to consider when fashioning expectations.  Not that I am a fan of constructing expectations at all.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 07:24:37 PM

today should be the launch of the testnet, so make sure to check it out Smiley

meeekz

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 07:36:16 PM

Could someone tell me what exchange Peerplays is offered on?

Check out the Powerledger ICO.... Disrupting the power industry
https://bounty.powerledger.io/btctalk/?hash=n81HRsvnAyG3cfl6
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 08:24:21 PM

Could someone tell me what exchange Peerplays is offered on?

yes, BTS currently here's how: https://steemit.com/peerplays/@ash/how-to-buy-peerplays

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: