Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:13:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
Rick M

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 11:23:10 PM

You guys know, Bitshares Graphene always have something new for you   Grin not old stuff

Can I share with Peerplays community?  Grin

Man, look at this! Look how easy is to buy Peerplays at Bitshares DEX using BlockTrades (Bitshares Shapeshift n Gateway)
https://steemit.com/peerplays/@ash/how-to-buy-peerplays
It is cool, isn't?

Did you miss Beyond Bitcoin Hangout?  I CANNOT BELIEVE!

summary:
This weeks hangout was a interesting mix of community updates, BitShares in academia and the future of liquidity.
In this Hangout:

Peerplays gives out the latest update about the Logo Competition. Please join and win up to $1250.
Jon presented an update about the current DAO proposal and it its delay after the trouble around the DAO.

Christoph Hering and the team from BitShares Munich is discussing the advantages of stealth transactions at the BitShares Platform. They are also sparking a discussion about the upcoming liquidity changes through the BlockPOS system.

Today the BitShares community was discussing multiple strategies how to increase liquidity. We also celebrated new academic papers about BitShares, Graphene and Steem and the superiority of Delegated Proof of State analysed in a new research paper!

Link here:
https://steemit.com/beyondbitcoin/@testz/youtube-e161-2016-06-24-beyond-bitcoin

Keep it up at:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php

Regards! Love you all  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:53:49 PM

How is the logo contest going?  I have no skills so won't be participating but I am kind of interested in seeing what others come up with. 

Would it be advantageous to open the contest up to communities outside of crypto?  I was thinking of setting up a deviantart account and providing a link there if their mods allow it?  Thoughts?

You can check and vote on the submissions here:
http://www.peerplays.com/logo-contest.html

There are some good ones already.
Crypto_MERC

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:51:34 PM

How is the logo contest going?  I have no skills so won't be participating but I am kind of interested in seeing what others come up with. 

Would it be advantageous to open the contest up to communities outside of crypto?  I was thinking of setting up a deviantart account and providing a link there if their mods allow it?  Thoughts?

I definitely like the logos currently in 2nd & 3rd the best.  Not really a fan of the one currently leading the voting (with 7 votes).  Don't mean to offend anyone, but it looks very amateurish as far as a logo is supposed to look.
Rick M

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:06:59 AM

Hello beloved people  Grin yes, yes I love you all  Grin

Im trying to go some days without posting anything but people keeping releasing things.....so....  Roll Eyes

Bitshares GUI release, new features n bugfixes
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@svk/4tlyyw-bitshares-gui-release-2

YOU CANNOT MISS THIS TIME! Beyond Bitcoin Hangout 7/1/16 Ask questions, suggest topics or promote your favorite project!
https://steemit.com/beyondbitcoin/@officialfuzzy/beyond-bitcoin-hangout-162-7-1-16-rsvp-to-friday-s-hangout-ask-q-s-suggest-topics-or-promote-your-favorite-project

How-To: Use BitShares via the Interplanetary File System (IPFS)
https://steemit.com/bitshares/@ash/how-to-use-bitshares-via-the-interplanetary-file-system-ipfs

Steem, buy low n sell high on OpenLedger (not investment advice, just a tutorial guys!!!!!!!!)
https://steemit.com/finance/@finpunk/steem-buy-low-sell-high-on-openledger

Steem Dollars added to BlockPOS
https://steemit.com/smartcoins/@kencode/steem-dollars-sbd-added-to-blockpos-today

Buy Steem using BlockTrades
https://steemit.com/steem/@billbutler/buying-steem-with-bitcoin-through-blocktrades-us
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 03:19:39 AM

Found it.  My adblocker was preventing them from loading when I checked earlier.  I thought nothing was loading.

I like the one in second place but am not really liking many of the others...no offense to the awesome contributors.
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:26:42 AM

I'm digging the one currently in the lead (PeerPlays Gamers Theme - Modern Design).  It's pretty slick!
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 11:28:10 AM

Probably too late already, but I think the best way for all contestants to get a fair shake would have been to allow new entries until July 15th and then start the voting at that point.

If someone enters a super slick logo on the 14th, it has no chance of winning

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
BitRookie

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:20:15 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2016, 11:46:15 AM by BitRookie

I'm digging the one currently in the lead (PeerPlays Gamers Theme - Modern Design).  It's pretty slick!

It's my concept Smiley Glad u dig it...think it's fits both the crypto coin and gamers industry well...smooth, modern, slick and easy to recognize. It's only a rough design so it can still look a lot better with some finishing touches.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:08:51 AM

all the logos Suck. 1k usd? wow. last time I did a logo contest I did it on BTC talk. I paid 20 usd and got a really decent one. 1k usd. You want something really good for that

To peel or not to peel.
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:29:17 PM

all the logos Suck. 1k usd? wow. last time I did a logo contest I did it on BTC talk. I paid 20 usd and got a really decent one. 1k usd. You want something really good for that

I agree, I would also like to add that PeerPlay should not just choose one for the sake of choosing. If there is not a adequate winner they should give a partial reward and continue finding a proper logo. The logo is very important, it represents the concept as a whole it will also determine further themes etc etc. So please dont just choose one

I would also like to add that the voting count is abysmal and therefor this sample does not represent the whole community at all.
Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 03:38:10 PM

I agree, I would also like to add that PeerPlay should not just choose one for the sake of choosing. If there is not a adequate winner they should give a partial reward and continue finding a proper logo. The logo is very important, it represents the concept as a whole it will also determine further themes etc etc. So please dont just choose one

I would also like to add that the voting count is abysmal and therefor this sample does not represent the whole community at all.

I think if they do decide on a logo they should take the top 5 entries and run a longer voting period for just those 5, or just pick a winner from the top 5 that they believe represents their brand (and if they feel the need for some modifications to that logo, ask the artist to incorporate their ideas).

One of the top vote getters reminds me of a bar sign, and i absolutlely hate it.  If that was to win, i hate it enough that i would actually rethink my investment....as petty as that sounds.  
Kartaba

Activity: 276

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:51:36 PM

I missed the whole ico thingy but i have an openledger account somewhere with some free qbits in it i believe, so ill look more into getting peerplays.
For logo i find mr neiland.3456 logo very playful. I think he understands...Perhaps a wheel of fortune type thingy on background, or some cards, or a playful type mascotte or something perhaps?
The logo should look like you participated in a game of chance / fortune. The rest looks like pied piper from that tv show, but with less imagination.
Looking forward to see more of this project, good luck
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:40:18 AM

i cant even vote. Any way you should EXTEND the competition and then make a thread in the Services of Bitcoin talk. for 1k usd you well get some awesome work. Please dont accept the current crap based on the low votes. This thread is not the right place to be advertising a design competition the services bitcointalk thread is. also if you pay 1k usd for the current crap you are setting a really bad image for peerplays.

To peel or not to peel.
Wilhelmer

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:04:53 AM

i cant even vote. Any way you should EXTEND the competition and then make a thread in the Services of Bitcoin talk. for 1k usd you well get some awesome work. Please dont accept the current crap based on the low votes. This thread is not the right place to be advertising a design competition the services bitcointalk thread is. also if you pay 1k usd for the current crap you are setting a really bad image for peerplays.

Agreed. Those designs there are horrendous. I rather the team head over to 99designs and get a better bang for buck.
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 08:47:56 AM

This thread is not the right place to be advertising a design competition the services bitcointalk thread is. also if you pay 1k usd for the current crap you are setting a really bad image for peerplays.

I agree. I am not one of the team but I took the liberty of posting a thread referencing the contest at the following link - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1530677.new#new

I would like to see some serious submissions as well. 
Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 12:33:43 PM

I guess the good news is that it doesn't say that the winning logo will be used as the actual PeerPlays logo....in case most people don't like it.  Its just a contest that gives away some free loot, and draws attention to the project.
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:01:22 PM

I have to say guys, so far I am not really impressed with current operations:

1. The way the team setup to acquire a new logo feels amateurish
2. There are no updates whatsoever, not even weekly updates
3. Devs do not partake in the community discussion, do they actually care what we are saying here?

Am I just complaining, because to be honest I expected more from a "professional" team.

Thoughts?

Crypto_MERC

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:01:05 PM

3. Devs do not partake in the community discussion, do they actually care what we are saying here?

Am I just complaining, because to be honest I expected more from a "professional" team.

Thoughts?

I agree somewhat with your statement.  I would like to see more updates on the project.  Even if nothing is going on, have the community manager stop in, answer some questions, start up a Slack channel, etc.  I realize we are MANY months from going live, but the interaction is important.

The logo contest doesn't actually state that the winning logo will be used as the new logo.  Maybe they will use that to contact some of the designers to work out a final Peerplays logo.  

As for devs, most would rather sit in front of a computer coding than interacting with their community, because frankly many aren't good at communicating.  It makes sense and thats why they are devs (creative minds).
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:37:07 PM

Thoughts?

I agree somewhat with your statement.  I would like to see more updates on the project.  Even if nothing is going on, have the community manager stop in, answer some questions, start up a Slack channel, etc.  I realize we are MANY months from going live, but the interaction is important.

The logo contest doesn't actually state that the winning logo will be used as the new logo.  Maybe they will use that to contact some of the designers to work out a final Peerplays logo.  

As for devs, most would rather sit in front of a computer coding than interacting with their community, because frankly many aren't good at communicating.  It makes sense and thats why they are devs (creative minds).

Same here really. Afterall they used the proffessional team working from a nuclear bunker a major selling point. No news could be good news but even still we want news. There are other ICO's now which are similar like let it ride and BRK etc etc which will land before peerplays. so updates for the community is vital. Unless they now hae the money and we are now less important now as we already gave our money lol

To peel or not to peel.
CryptoPrometheus

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:09:28 PM

Thoughts?

On Sunday, June 19, we sent a detailed update to all email subscribers. In this update, we announced the Logo contest, and explained the status of the DAO proposal. We also explained that for the next 2 weeks we would be working hard to finish the Profit Sharing module to publish in our public GitHub repository on Friday July 1st.  This is happening on schedule, including a major press release followed by a written synopsis of the feature.

For the past two weeks we have also been finalizing plans for everything we will be rolling out this summer, including additional contests and an advertising referral program. We are keeping an eye on the Logo contest and I assure you that we will not be adopting any Logo for Peerplays that does not meet a strict standard of excellence. The $1250 is essentially a bounty for the Logo, and we will not pay that bounty until we have a satisfactory design.

I do not blame you for being impatient, but please understand that we are undertaking quite a feat of engineering on the development side, and none of our dev team are regular forum dwellers. That said, Dan Notestein (our lead blockchain dev) did make an short appearance on this thread a couple days ago. His bitcointalk ID is "dannote".

We have a news and update site that is at least as extensive as any other crypto project I have seen, and we will continue to publish updates as often as they are available. I am also speaking with the dev team to see about the possibility of giving regular development updates, even though they would likely be just a brief overview, it would perhaps give everyone something to chew on.

As far as community interaction, we will be opening a slack channel towards the middle of next month (July), and we always try to answer PMs in a timely manner. Personally, I am looking forward to getting to know many of you in the future, and I apologize that I have not been able to answer every single form question for the last week. We are focused on delivering a highly advanced product in a relatively short period of time, and there is much work to be done. I would ask for your forgiveness if we have not been 100% perfect in every area Smiley

Nevertheless, I do appreciate the feedback and I will take it to heart.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: