Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:21:31 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 03:35:36 PM by 4theLOVEofCrypto

Oh man its gonna be a mad scramble to get more tokens when waves goes live.  I too will be selling some/most of those for more PeerPlays if they are still available.

And thanks @gravitate for that post.  Makes me feel better about selling some of my LSK.

Edit: i just noticed I'm now a Sr. Member!  Yay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
increaser

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:50:21 PM

Can developers explain why the quantity of available tokens is so unstable?

I have monitored how many tokens are available during 2 last days and I found that it is changes so strange. first it was something about 9k, then the quantity decreased during few hours, but a little bit later it was -10 (minus 10) about 30 miutes. Later it come back to 8k, then decreased gradually to 4k+. After, few times I found that the quantity is 0.
But today it is again more then 7k.
What is it? It look very strange for me. Project is really very interesting but I'm afraid that it can be scam.   Huh

Please advise.
TheCryptoMint

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:56:52 PM

What game is it? If its poker I am 100% not contemplating it. Poker is niche in the gambling community and the profit will be terrible. so please tell us what game and I may or may not invest.
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:17:16 PM

I have monitored how many tokens are available during 2 last days and I found that it is changes so strange. first it was something about 9k, then the quantity decreased during few hours, but a little bit later it was -10 (minus 10) about 30 miutes. Later it come back to 8k, then decreased gradually to 4k+. After, few times I found that the quantity is 0.
What is it? It look very strange for me. Project is really very interesting but I'm afraid that it can be scam.   Huh

Please advise.

Because this is a limited token pre-sale, we have a cart handling our inventory of tokens prior to issuing them. The inventory in the cart is not on the blockchain, it is only an order in the cart. When someone places an order, the inventory is removed to secure the position until payment is made.

If payment is not paid in a timely manner, the tokens are returned to the inventory.

Recently, we have had someone order all the outstanding tokens with no intention of paying for them, which resulted in the temporary 0 that you saw. When this happens, we then cancel the order immediately to restore the inventory.

You can see all the people who have paid for and claimed their tokens on the bitshares blockchain explorer:

http://www.cryptofresh.com/a/PEERPLAYS

Hope this helps clarify. We are also available to contact in live support if you have any further questions.
increaser

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:37:17 PM

What is the time limit for payment after order?
increaser

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:43:48 PM

I also think that community will appreciate if you will make a video with the all team inside bunker. It will provide much more trust.
CryptoPrometheus

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 04:56:51 PM

Answer to questions about the game

The first game on the test is a proof-of-concept, to show the amazing speed and player capacity that Peerplays (built on Graphene blockchain technology) can handle. Neil has designed the game based on his years of experience with viral social gaming.

Once the blockchain is launched, Peerplays will be equipped to host dozens if not hundreds of on-chain games, and literally any game in the world can be played using the Peerplays server-side hosting model.

Peerplays is a DAC, or "Decentralized Autonomous Cooperative" and has shareholder voting built directly into the blockchain. This means that new on-chain game ideas can be discussed and voted on by Peerplays holders. Server-side games will not require approval, so new and existing gaming sites can simply plug into the blockchain API and attract new users by offering them the opportunity to set up tournaments and wager on their games using Peerplays.

All of these things benefit Peerplays core token holders, because fees paid by both players and custom tournament registrars (gaming sites) are distributed to core token holders as profit sharing payments.
bitbets

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 05:12:41 PM

when is the ico? I couldn't find that information

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk |  Twitter |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:40:31 PM

Answer to questions about the game

The first game on the test is a proof-of-concept, to show the amazing speed and player capacity that Peerplays (built on Graphene blockchain technology) can handle. Neil has designed the game based on his years of experience with viral social gaming.

Once the blockchain is launched, Peerplays will be equipped to host dozens if not hundreds of on-chain games, and literally any game in the world can be played using the Peerplays server-side hosting model.

Peerplays is a DAC, or "Decentralized Autonomous Cooperative" and has shareholder voting built directly into the blockchain. This means that new on-chain game ideas can be discussed and voted on by Peerplays holders. Server-side games will not require approval, so new and existing gaming sites can simply plug into the blockchain API and attract new users by offering them the opportunity to set up tournaments and wager on their games using Peerplays.

All of these things benefit Peerplays core token holders, because fees paid by both players and custom tournament registrars (gaming sites) are distributed to core token holders as profit sharing payments.

To peel or not to peel.
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:44:23 PM

whats the market cap at ico price ?
HomoHenning

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:46:52 PM

can somebody explain me the incentivation of the peerplay team members?
do they buying tokens for themselfs or how will they be motivated to make this a success. there is no token contribution to the founders as i can see
push
push
can you pls answer important questions instead of praising yourselfs for buying into this?
i think some people here have to get back to the ground. 3 million is way to much for such a project.
and you cant compare wave o lisk here. they play in other leagues

I would also like to see this question answered Smiley

10% of the chain is allocated to the Peerplays Core Software and Business Development team, as outlined in the official allocations document:

http://www.peerplays.com/news/token-allocations-development-milestones/

this is very low for such a big team. this makes 1% for each team member or so

what is this: 5%   – BTS Sharedrop?

Yeah I want to know too! What is 5% - BTS Sharedrop? Who gets this? BTS holders? Can the devs explain this for us?

exactly, 5% goes to all bitshares holders
please tell me a good reason for this!
you can also donate 5% to my account if you want
CryptoPrometheus

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:09:01 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2016, 07:44:11 PM by CryptoPrometheus

can somebody explain me the incentivation of the peerplay team members?
do they buying tokens for themselfs or how will they be motivated to make this a success. there is no token contribution to the founders as i can see
push
push
can you pls answer important questions instead of praising yourselfs for buying into this?
i think some people here have to get back to the ground. 3 million is way to much for such a project.
and you cant compare wave o lisk here. they play in other leagues

I would also like to see this question answered Smiley

10% of the chain is allocated to the Peerplays Core Software and Business Development team, as outlined in the official allocations document:

http://www.peerplays.com/news/token-allocations-development-milestones/

this is very low for such a big team. this makes 1% for each team member or so

what is this: 5%   – BTS Sharedrop?

Yeah I want to know too! What is 5% - BTS Sharedrop? Who gets this? BTS holders? Can the devs explain this for us?

exactly, 5% goes to all bitshares holders
please tell me a good reason for this!
you can also donate 5% to my account if you want

In order to jump-start the network effect, the developers of a proof-of-stake blockchain must allocate the tokens in a way that they believe will bring the maximum amount of support. Sharedrops are a method to gain the support of a targeted community and user base. They have been used since the early days of proof-of-stake crypto-chains, and are nothing new.

The information about the Peerplays token allocations has been available since the start of the pre-sale. The "More Details" link on the website, displayed prominently at the top of the crowdsale section, links directly to the allocations page.
BunkerChain.Labs.Inc.

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:45:37 PM

https://twitter.com/PeerPlays/status/740596031528800257
https://www.reddit.com/r/Peerplays/comments/4n68rl/the_hottest_story_on_cointelegraph/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Just amazing!
Crypto_MERC

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:36:58 PM

When does the DAO voting end?  What happens of there are less than 50k tokens left, which is what the proposal is for?
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 08:44:53 PM

When does the DAO voting end?  What happens of there are less than 50k tokens left, which is what the proposal is for?

The proposal is being changed and will be released towards the end of the week. 
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:46:42 PM

This is truly well done. The PR is doing a great job. However, i think Peerplays is also taking a significant risk applying for the DAO fund. If it gets rejected it could mean huge blow for the project and investor trust.
Crypto_MERC

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:56:00 PM

Please advise.

Because this is a limited token pre-sale, we have a cart handling our inventory of tokens prior to issuing them. The inventory in the cart is not on the blockchain, it is only an order in the cart. When someone places an order, the inventory is removed to secure the position until payment is made.

If payment is not paid in a timely manner, the tokens are returned to the inventory.

Recently, we have had someone order all the outstanding tokens with no intention of paying for them, which resulted in the temporary 0 that you saw. When this happens, we then cancel the order immediately to restore the inventory.

You can see all the people who have paid for and claimed their tokens on the bitshares blockchain explorer:

Hope this helps clarify. We are also available to contact in live support if you have any further questions.

Just looking at the stats, there is some great distribution already when looking at the richlist in the provided link.
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 09:24:13 PM

At what point of ICO are you at the moment? $2 per coin or $3 per coin? How much is left?

$2 per coin is sold out (100,000 tokens)

Currently at the $3 sale price and about 75,000 left

How do you know how much is left? Did you calculate it?

EDIT: Never mind, I see the number remaining in the cart now.
coinhugger

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 11:12:54 PM

Please advise.

Just looking at the stats, there is some great distribution already when looking at the richlist in the provided link.

Cool link, this is giving really good insight in the Peerplays blockchain. The rich list is fun to watch, I see me. Smiley

Tusho

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 12:00:49 AM

I am thinking of investing myself. What I find a bit off-putting is the website itself. It looks amateur, if you open your console you see many errors, not even a favicon. Not saying the people invested are incapable but online gambling is very much about how smooth, good etc a platform looks.

I played online blackjack and mostly poker and I remember that the platform was the most important for me. Now, a tech start-up should have a solid online representation and Peerplays doesn't. Any thoughts on why or counter arguments that convince me to invest?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: