Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Peerplays - First Ever Blockchain-Based Gaming Platform  (Read 1144143 times)
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:22:16 PM

Could someone tell me if openledger and freedomledger are the same thing?

I have created an account on freedomledger, is this automatically my account on openledger?

Thanks, this whole bitshares thing feel real unnatural to me.

Honestly, I'm inclined to agree with this user. It feels very convoluted as to how this ICO works as well as very complicated. I worry that given this platform is supposedly being built on similar technology to Bitshares it not be user friendly at all and nothing will get done... or even if it is it'll be hard to adopt because of how much of a pain in the ass it is to use it
our clients aka end users of peerplayers will never get in tough with this crap. the tokens are just for "share holders". The front end of the plattform will be selfbuild by the devs
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 08:30:24 PM

Could someone tell me if openledger and freedomledger are the same thing?

I have created an account on freedomledger, is this automatically my account on openledger?

Thanks, this whole bitshares thing feel real unnatural to me.

Honestly, I'm inclined to agree with this user. It feels very convoluted as to how this ICO works as well as very complicated. I worry that given this platform is supposedly being built on similar technology to Bitshares it not be user friendly at all and nothing will get done... or even if it is it'll be hard to adopt because of how much of a pain in the ass it is to use it
our clients aka end users of peerplayers will never get in tough with this crap. the tokens are just for "share holders". The front end of the plattform will be selfbuild by the devs

I understand, luckily so. But for me it is still important to know if they are they same thing or not.
CryptoPrometheus

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:05:59 PM

Answer to questions about Freedom Ledger, Open Ledger, and BitShares

A GUI wallet is just a "front-end" way to display the data from the blockchain that is more user friendly than the command line.

BitShares (built on Graphene) is a blockchain with built-in smart contracts that enable a Decentralized Asset Exchange, Shareholder Governance, a referral system, and many other cool DAC/DAO features. Think Polonex or BIttrex, but 100% on a blockchain and governed by shareholder voting.

Freedom Ledger and Open Ledger are web hosted GUI wallets that display the data from the BitShares blockchain. Unlike other web wallets like blockchain.info or Coinbase (and centralized exchanges like Poloniex or Bittrex), your private keys for your tokens are not stored on Freedom Ledger or Open Ledger's servers, but rather directly in your browser. This is truly decentralized and much more secure for you, but also makes it Extremely Important to back up your private keys, because if you delete your browser cache, they are lost forever.

In terms of user-friendliness, both Freedom Ledger and Open Ledger are simply clones of the "generic" BitShares GUI that was built by the BitShares devs. There are so many features to BitShares (they really jam packed it), that for now the generic UI is complicated for those who are not familiar with its many capabilities. However, the BitShares blockchain is open source and so anyone could create a more user friendly GUI if they wanted to, but for now we have this slightly less user friendly version.

This is correct. Peerplays is built on Graphene as the back end - but will have its own GUI designed by gamers. The Peerplays tokens on Freedom Ledger (BitShares) are only placeholders until the Peerplays blockchain is launched.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:09:10 PM

When you go to freedomledger.com it says: just another wordpress website... That's really amateur. Still the platform works pretty well i think.
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:28:35 PM

A GUI wallet is just a "front-end" way to display the data from the blockchain that is more user friendly than the command line.

BitShares (built on Graphene) is a blockchain with built-in smart contracts that enable a Decentralized Asset Exchange, Shareholder Governance, a referral system, and many other cool DAC/DAO features. Think Polonex or BIttrex, but 100% on a blockchain and governed by shareholder voting.

Freedom Ledger and Open Ledger are web hosted GUI wallets that display the data from the BitShares blockchain. Unlike other web wallets like blockchain.info or Coinbase (and centralized exchanges like Poloniex or Bittrex), your private keys for your tokens are not stored on Freedom Ledger or Open Ledger's servers, but rather directly in your browser. This is truly decentralized and much more secure for you, but also makes it Extremely Important to back up your private keys, because if you delete your browser cache, they are lost forever.

In terms of user-friendliness, both Freedom Ledger and Open Ledger are simply clones of the "generic" BitShares GUI that was built by the BitShares devs. There are so many features to BitShares (they really jam packed it), that for now the generic UI is complicated for those who are not familiar with its many capabilities. However, the BitShares blockchain is open source and so anyone could create a more user friendly GUI if they wanted to, but for now we have this slightly less user friendly version.

This is correct. Peerplays is built on Graphene as the back end - but will have its own GUI designed by gamers. The Peerplays tokens on Freedom Ledger (BitShares) are only placeholders until the Peerplays blockchain is launched.

Thanks, this clarifies a lot for me. Im not a cryptonoob at all, but like I stated earlier, the entire bitshares ecosystems feels unintuitive to me.

Cheers
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 09:29:42 PM

Freedomledger is good it is a decentralized exchange also and the security is tight Smiley

coinhugger

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:35:36 PM

Great explanation, thanks!  

Noob question: do we need to backup our freedomledger wallet just once when setting up an account? Or do we need to update the backup every time we add other new coins or tokens?  In other words will there be new keys added or any other changes that need backup or will it always just be one key that governs all? I think I know the answer but I just want to make it really sure so I don't lose my investment. Smiley

coinhugger

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:36:30 PM

Freedomledger is good it is a decentralized exchange also and the security is tight Smiley

Freedomledger is just a GUI for Bitshares Decentralized Exchange, not an exchange in itself.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 09:44:13 PM

Freedomledger is just a GUI for Bitshares Decentralized Exchange, not an exchange in itself.

Definately, I always appreciated Bitshares tech, shame it wasn't fully realized like NXT.

4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:58:36 PM

Great explanation, thanks!  

Noob question: do we need to backup our freedomledger wallet just once when setting up an account? Or do we need to update the backup every time we add other new coins or tokens?  In other words will there be new keys added or any other changes that need backup or will it always just be one key that governs all? I think I know the answer but I just want to make it really sure so I don't lose my investment. Smiley

I can tell you from my experience that my original backup after i got my first peerplays tokens deposited works (i have since then deposited many times).  I used that same backup 2 weeks later (over this past weekend) on a new laptop i got.  Everything is all good.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 01:21:55 AM

Is this the most underrated project? Seems like a lot of upside, but no mass adoption. Is is the token price that's scaring everyone  Huh

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:19:19 AM

Is this the most underrated project? Seems like a lot of upside, but no mass adoption. Is is the token price that's scaring everyone  Huh

Overrated if anything. Valuation is beyond ridiculous for where this is at.
bitman008

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 02:46:06 AM

Any exchange to trade Peerplays?

Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 03:06:52 AM

It can be traded on the decentralized exchange through Freedom Ledger but it is very low liquidity at this point.  I think that actual exchanges will be available at launch in November.

With the possible profit sharing attributes of this coin, I don't think many will want to trade until we see the testnet just prior to the auction.  If it rocks, I won't be selling at all.  I like the idea of a wallet filling up with Eth, BTC, and other tokens.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 05:19:15 AM

I hope the game is good after all this. I wonder why they are keeping it so quiet though? I mean they are in the development t now so must have confidence to say. Hmmm that worries me a bit. But excites me too. I think I will just stick to 1k tokens as people are right this is a bit risky like every other ico/ crowdsale. Plus look what happened to vox. I put 5 bitcoin into that and now it's worth 0.5 Bitcoin lol.

To peel or not to peel.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 07:39:11 AM

you can trade it on openledger. I bought 40 @ 600 bitshares the other day, now it's already at 900 Smiley nice bargain

acuteioa

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:17:13 AM

https://secure.peerplays.com/cart.php shows:

Bundle of 10 Peerplays Tokens (0 Available) - $30 [Pay with Bitcoin or bitUSD]

Sooo.... somebody just bought like 85000 tokens at once?! ~2 hours ago there were still 8500 bundles available!

Shocked
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:48:06 AM

Sooo.... somebody just bought like 85000 tokens at once?! ~2 hours ago there were still 8500 bundles available!

Shocked

Somebody is playing with their order system probably and has got the total amount reserved. They should have really placed a cap on the total amount of tokens that you can reserve in a single order.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 10:49:02 AM

Shocked
   I wonder if its for the DAO
acuteioa

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 11:10:25 AM

Shocked
   I wonder if its for the DAO

I thought the same. But it cannot be the dao itself, I think. DAO proposal needs two weeks debating time. The Peerplays proposal is just up for ~one week now. As far as I understood. Or maybe Peerplays had to remove these tokens from the market so that they can meet their obligations to the DAO in case they approve the Peerplays proposal.

Peerplays guys... can you elaborate on this please?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: