Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501977 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
theoulis
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:05:44 PM

trying to run the MN script in the vps. after a while i am getting the fatal error:
"Unable to checkout https://www.github.com/syscoin/syscoin/tree/master, please make sure it exists."
of course it exists! is there something wrong with the script?
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

trying to run the MN script in the vps. after a while i am getting the fatal error:
"Unable to checkout https://www.github.com/syscoin/syscoin/tree/master, please make sure it exists."
of course it exists! is there something wrong with the script?

hey

do u use "bash <(curl -sL doublesharp.com/sys-masternode)" from the guide here:
https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/syscoin-3-0-masternode-setup-instructions-572576c7163f
?

i just installed a mn on another vps (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS x64) 2 days a go - no problem, mn runs like charm

theoulis
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:57:40 PM

it was a vps issue. thanks Smiley
graysoon
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:37:58 PM

Give your buyers the confidence to know that their funds are secure with Syscoin's arbitrated escrow service.
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:21:36 AM

Many wallets have 500k or even more sys coins like few milions check top 70 wallets they have over 1 million coin each.
Is planning any bigger Masternode than small standard 100 k coins ?
Like higher Tier masternode. Many other new coins have few Tiers Masternodes wich requires different number coins. Dash is old and have only one tier with 1000 coins one MN.
Like Example 100 k + bigger 500k coins (example Sonm plans with similiar number coins even some less 359 millions)
I cant imagine thats big wallets want split few millions coins for hundrets packs for small masternodes when each cost 10$ for rent VPS and have to many MN is annoing and absorb many time to controll all this. Or update etc.
Already are 830 MN but I think many people not set yet MN because waiting for airdrop 1 June or dont know about MN works or waiting for bigger version MN not just only 100 k.
So is necessery have so many small Masternodes when exist in circulating 533 millions sys ? Please add bigger tier Masternode like 500k or 1 million coins and everybody be happy.
I read this request on other forum and paste here because its many good ideas.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:40:35 PM

Many wallets have 500k or even more sys coins like few milions check top 70 wallets they have over 1 million coin each.
Is planning any bigger Masternode than small standard 100 k coins ?
Like higher Tier masternode. Many other new coins have few Tiers Masternodes wich requires different number coins. Dash is old and have only one tier with 1000 coins one MN.
Like Example 100 k + bigger 500k coins (example Sonm plans with similiar number coins even some less 359 millions)
I cant imagine thats big wallets want split few millions coins for hundrets packs for small masternodes when each cost 10$ for rent VPS and have to many MN is annoing and absorb many time to controll all this. Or update etc.
Already are 830 MN but I think many people not set yet MN because waiting for airdrop 1 June or dont know about MN works or waiting for bigger version MN not just only 100 k.
So is necessery have so many small Masternodes when exist in circulating 533 millions sys ? Please add bigger tier Masternode like 500k or 1 million coins and everybody be happy.
I read this request on other forum and paste here because its many good ideas.
no that is not what we want. The number was chosen after careful analysis. We want to force people to create more nodes as that adds to decentralization and usefulness for things such as zdag.
denysrodman

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:13:21 PM

SysCoin technology allows users to conduct low-cost transactions like Bitcoin and also acts as a medium for business trading, provides businesses the infrastructure for trading goods, assets, digital certificates and data securely.
The primary product of the Syscoin team is Blockmarcket, a blockchain powered marketplace "where you can securely and reliably buy and sell any items you wish". They position themselves as a future competitor to Amazon and eBay. Syscoin offers a set of technologies: a global network, a distributed ledger, a decentralized database and a blockchain.
Originally launched in late 2014 and created through a Bitcoin fork, the current version brings us to Syscoin 2.1 and has an algorithm that allows it to be merge-mined with Bitcoin. Merge mining is the ability for miners to simultaneously mine two different cryptocurrencies based on the same algorithm.
For now, it’s one of the cheapest cryptocurrencies regarding transaction fees (behind zero-fee transaction cryptocurrencies NEO and NANO), even cheaper than Ripple.
Syscoin is present in the industry since 2014, relatively long for blockchain companies and has a fully functional product.
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:21:52 AM

VOTE to ADD SYScoin to coinPulse community exchange
https://request.coinpulse.io/suggestions/10229/syscoin-sys
can vote DAILY
Registrations are open now. The exchange to launch latest by July 1, 2018)
   200 free CPEX trading tokens available when registering a trading account on CoinPulse Community exchange
https://coinpulse.io/ref/c32cbd498ac8fab30c04fe12b44a7a99

I don't think Syscoin should be on small exchange like this, Syscoin is already listed on the top crypto exchange like binance, Bittrex and poloniex.

tobsnn

Activity: 573

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:27:28 PM

hey everyone,

is there a way to run a sys MN using hot wallet like other MN projects? So just put in collateral, configure masternode.conf with alias, IP:port, genkey, txid,index and let it run 24/7?

How about POS staking?

IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:57:39 PM

I have a question regarding the guide & video posted by the Syscoin team here:

https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/important-instructions-for-upgrading-to-syscoin-3-syscoin-3-0-1-release-d0708d146315

In the video at approx 1.16m I'm told to ensure there are no commands in the syscoin.conf file before opening the new syscoin version. As far as I can tell so far, everything has gone to plan & my balance is now in my new wallet after importing using the "importwallet" command as shown in the video. However, my syscoin.conf file is still empty, ie: no username or password, so I guess my question is: can I simply add the old username & password to the new empty conf file while the wallet is closed & simply restart? If not, how can I get my old username & password back into the new wallet? - as I need it for mining purposes.

Thanks team for the clear guide.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
bontol72

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:35:26 AM

Syscoin Update — 20 May 2018

As of today, the SYSCOIN Community will provide weekly updates about Syscoin technology, new features, marketing, and upcoming events!

These updates will contain information about news, updates, and if applicable, new releases. This update will be a bit longer than the upcoming ones, since it is the first one and we would like to share some things in more detail (among others topics about marketing). We aim to write the upcoming updates in such a way that you will be able to read them within 3 to 5 minutes.

With these updates the community is able to get themselves quickly informed and updated with the latest developments around Syscoin. Topics which are covered structurally on a weekly basis are:

• Important Notifications
• General Updates & Info
• Marketing & Communication
• Technical Updates & Info
• Masternodes
• Feedback

Sometimes, additional topics are added if relevant and necessary (e.g. new releases). If you have any good ideas, please feel free to share them with us in our Slack Channel “Community Marketing”. Enjoy reading from now!

Important Notifications

• Do not withdraw/send funds to BM1.2.X.
• Do not withdraw/send funds to QT2.1.X.
• Doubt sending funds? Wait till BM3!
• A Masternode Alias is not a SYS Alias!

General Updates & Info

Blockchain Foundry Inc. listed at Canadian Stock Exchange!
New Whitepaper released!
+$20mln trading volume hit this week.
70,000 Twitter followers hit this week.
Blocknet announces continuing support for Syscoin and collaboration opportunities.
Added to the Masternodes.online platform.
Added to https://www.masterminer.tech
Added to Litebit! European FIAT/SYS exchange
Added to Coinspot! Australian FIAT/SYS exchange.
BCF/SYSCOIN attended Consensus.
Marketing: more updates & visibility!
Masternodes: 860+ stable masternodes.

Marketing & Communication

General
• Proactive marketing for more visibility.
• Marketing strategy and content planning.
• More updates to the community.

What does this mean daily?
· Regular weekly SYS Updates.
· Structural marketing regarding features.
· Increased visibility on official channels.
· Structured communication on releases.
· We aim to update you frequently!

What is our goal with these actions?
· Getting the word out more frequently.
· Increasing overall visibility of SYSCOIN.
· Addressing concerns regarding marketing.

Mandatory upgrade: SYSCOIN 2.0 to SYSCOIN 3.0

General

2.0 chain was copied on May 2nd and started on the 3.0 chain. So the 3.0 chain retains all information from the 2.0 chain as of May 2nd.

If balance/aliases on May 2nd, they will be available on the 3.0 chain. You just need to upgrade to the 3.0 chain with SYSCOIN QT 3.0.4

Any events on Blockmarket 1.2.X or QT 2.1.X after May 2nd are not valid.

Poloniex
If you had coins on Poloniex, you are fine. Buying and selling on Poloniex while the deposits and withdrawals are paused is okay because their SYS tokens are represented internally on a database. Once they resume trading and withdrawals and deposits resume, they will be redistributed on the 3.0 chain.

Yobit
Yobit did not upgrade or pause deposits and withdrawals, and are therefore responsible for any trades, withdrawals or deposits taking place on their platform after May 2nd.

Exchanges who upgraded from SYSCOIN 2.0 to SYSCOIN 3.0 at the date of this update being published:

Bittrex
Livecoin
Flyp.me
Coinomi (still in Beta-new release coming)
Binance
Sistemkoin
Vebitcoin
Bittylicious

Technical Updates & Info

Getting Aliases for Airdrop 1st June
• Aliases will become available in BM3.
• There is a new Syscoin QT 3.0.4 release: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/releases
• BM3 will be launched upcoming days.
• BM3 is in final testing.
• Within BM3, new Aliases can be linked to existing addresses.
• You will not need to move Masternode locked coins or lose seniority.

The Alias can be attached to your masternode address. A specific guide for
 this will be written and published.

Please note again: A Masternode Alias is not an Alias for SYS.

Masternodes

General
• At the moment of publishing there are more 867 masternodes online.

• Latest release of QT to run MN’s is version 3.0.4. Covers fixes for MN status.

• Upgrading from 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 is not mandatory at the moment.

• Masternode daily reward calculation: 37411.2 SYS a day / (#masternodes).

• Nodes can’t receive blockrewards before they are online. Once online, it takes 2.6 * |masternodes| / 60 hours to get your first reward.

Checking masternodes

You can check your nodes with your server console on your server (e.g. Putty). Uptime of your master node can be checked by inserting this line into you server console (e.g. Putty):

syscoin-cli masternodelist active seconds | grep your IP
Number of master nodes running is found by inserting this line into your server console (e.g. Putty):

syscoin-ci masternode count

Feedback

If anyone has any suggestions regarding information to be included in this weekly newsletter, please let us know and join the “Community Marketing” channel on Slack.

In this way we are able to improve our marketing and communication efforts to the community.

https://medium.com/@communitysyscoin/syscoin-weekly-update-20-may-2018-aa704ac84522
DRPD
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:36:27 AM

As of today, the SYSCOIN Community will provide weekly updates about Syscoin technology, new features, marketing, and upcoming events!

https://medium.com/@communitysyscoin/syscoin-weekly-update-20-may-2018-aa704ac84522

great news and thanks for info!!
david.Bauman

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:04:47 PM

https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Syscoin+%28SYS%29&SortBy=0
Hey folk dont forget about airdrop for holders syscoin! It will be soon!!!!
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 03:11:43 PM

https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/important-instructions-for-upgrading-to-syscoin-3-syscoin-3-0-1-release-d0708d146315

In the video at approx 1.16m I'm told to ensure there are no commands in the syscoin.conf file before opening the new syscoin version. As far as I can tell so far, everything has gone to plan & my balance is now in my new wallet after importing using the "importwallet" command as shown in the video. However, my syscoin.conf file is still empty, ie: no username or password, so I guess my question is: can I simply add the old username & password to the new empty conf file while the wallet is closed & simply restart? If not, how can I get my old username & password back into the new wallet? - as I need it for mining purposes.

Anyone?

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
DRPD
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:42:03 PM

Anyone?

yes i think so. just add:

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password

to your conf and restart your wallet

IconFirm

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 05:23:27 PM by IconFirm

Anyone?

yes i think so. just add:

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password

to your conf and restart your wallet

I'd rather be sure - I don't want to risk losing the coins.....

Edit: I made a backup before adding my old commands back to the syscoin.conf - all seems OK.

Thanks for the help  Wink

tobsnn

Activity: 573

Bitcore BTX

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:03:06 PM

These updates will contain information about news, updates, and if applicable, new releases. This update will be a bit longer than the upcoming ones, since it is the first one and we would like to share some things in more detail (among others topics about marketing). We aim to write the upcoming updates in such a way that you will be able to read them within 3 to 5 minutes.

what an excellent update, love to see such a great community management

cheers up everyone

Sjacmur

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:23:54 PM

what with airdrop it will depend from numbers hold tokens on BM 3.0 or only need Alias on BM 3.0 with very few coins to receive airdrop the same number for all Aliases ?
okinawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 259

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:32:40 PM

what an excellent update, love to see such a great community management

cheers up everyone

Yep, it's a really great idea. Lots of good coins are doing it like SONM,Elixir and I think it will show people that the team is always working hard

player01

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:27:40 PM

I just set up my masternode and it has been running for well over 1 day now and no rewards have come through, does this mean something is wrong or normal??
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: