Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136749 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coinbasesucks

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:16:10 PM

I tried Coinomi which is another mobile app that offers an Auroracoin wallet (Beta), but it gives out invalid addresses that do not work so that isn't an option.

I'm using coinomi successfully (for small amounts) on my phone. It seems to work well enough. Can receive and send.

I suggest you talk to coinomi guys about your problem. Maybe you can post that "invalid" address here also? It might be interesting to take a look.

EDIT: haven't looked at the "android wallet" since the beginning, so I can't help with that.

I realized my error.  On Coinomi, I copied the address and then pasted it into the exchange where I was withdrawing AUR, but it pasted like this:  auroracoin:AcUVxMXQZ..............address..............etc.
I forgot to delete the word Auroracoin, oops.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:25:07 AM

Any plans to talk to the icelandic government for making Auroracoin the official currency of the country? I would assume this is the end-goal?

dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 11:48:07 AM

Any plans to talk to the icelandic government for making Auroracoin the official currency of the country? I would assume this is the end-goal?

When the time comes that Auroracoin will rival the Icelandic króna, we will not make plans to talk to the Icelandic government. The government will make plans to come and talk to us Cheesy

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
patronis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:00:52 PM

When the time comes that Auroracoin will rival the Icelandic króna, we will not make plans to talk to the Icelandic government. The government will make plans to come and talk to us Cheesy

Thats nice and fine but if we want this coin to get adopted it will take hard work on our part. I have mentioned it in the chat rooms and even some private groups but everyone just laughs at me for promoting the worlds first scam country coin.
coinbasesucks

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:11:54 PM

Thats nice and fine but if we want this coin to get adopted it will take hard work on our part. I have mentioned it in the chat rooms and even some private groups but everyone just laughs at me for promoting the worlds first scam country coin.

I have read that with the election of a new Prime minister coming up, Iceland will lift it's capital controls ban allowing people, I am assuming to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Call me a sadist but Auroracoin appealed to me at first because iceland had capital controls that banned people from buying bitcoin so they would be forced to use Auroracoin.  Now it looks like soon they will have the option to invest in whatever they choose.  I love auroracoin because the development team worked hard to build an exchange and totally make this coin legit.  But from an investing standpoint I have no idea what to do now.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:35:48 AM

I have read that with the election of a new Prime minister coming up, Iceland will lift it's capital controls ban allowing people, I am assuming to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Call me a sadist but Auroracoin appealed to me at first because iceland had capital controls that banned people from buying bitcoin so they would be forced to use Auroracoin.  Now it looks like soon they will have the option to invest in whatever they choose.  I love auroracoin because the development team worked hard to build an exchange and totally make this coin legit.  But from an investing standpoint I have no idea what to do now.

I thought capital controls on foreign investors of Icelandic bonds had recently been toughened. Are you investing or speculating? As it stands, BTC can't cope with global retail volume so is turning more into an international settlement system like all those shipments of gold over a century ago IMO. A local payment currency such as AUR may prove more stable for day to day trade than an international currency. One thing for certain is that people are used to using one currency in their pocket, so persuading people to use 100's of different crypto's is a tough ask. So many of these extremely useful service crypto's are probably only going to end up worth their actual usage, people will only buy them when they need to use them.
If AUR is heading for the retail usage route, it may want to look at incorporating some technology from DASH.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 07:45:44 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2016, 08:42:17 AM by LTEX

I have read that with the election of a new Prime minister coming up, Iceland will lift it's capital controls ban allowing people, I am assuming to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Call me a sadist but Auroracoin appealed to me at first because iceland had capital controls that banned people from buying bitcoin so they would be forced to use Auroracoin.  Now it looks like soon they will have the option to invest in whatever they choose.  I love auroracoin because the development team worked hard to build an exchange and totally make this coin legit.  But from an investing standpoint I have no idea what to do now.

Your statement is partially right. The current cabinet (mostly corrupt bankers puppets) has been trying to find a way to help their rich business friends to get to their off-shore funds. They now are trying to pass legislation that lifts capital controls only for corporate entities (so their rich friends).

The average Icelandic citizen wil remain shackled by the same controls though. This is mainly why the results of coming elections will be of epic proportions leaving the current establishment empty-handed and probably put a PM in the parliament that is pro Auroracoin!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
JessicaG

Activity: 343
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:15:14 AM

I thought capital controls on foreign investors of Icelandic bonds had recently been toughened. Are you investing or speculating? As it stands, BTC can't cope with global retail volume so is turning more into an international settlement system like all those shipments of gold over a century ago IMO. A local payment currency such as AUR may prove more stable for day to day trade than an international currency. One thing for certain is that people are used to using one currency in their pocket, so persuading people to use 100's of different crypto's is a tough ask. So many of these extremely useful service crypto's are probably only going to end up worth their actual usage, people will only buy them when they need to use them.
If AUR is heading for the retail usage route, it may want to look at incorporating some technology from DASH.

Don't count on it. I understood Auroracoin inherited the Digibyte core? Digibyte has a crappy core, due to it's 15 seconds block time: No instant usability (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg15188688#msg15188688)
Auroracoin having 61 seconds block time, is up for the same.

Your statement is partially right. The current cabinet (mostly corrupt bankers puppets) has been trying to find a way to help their rich business friends to get to their off-shore funds. They now are trying to pass legislation that lifts capital controls only for corporate entities (so their rich friends).

The average Icelandic citizen wil remain shackled by the same controls though. This is mainly why the results of coming elections will be of epic proportions leaving the current establishment empty-handed and probably put a PM in the parliament that is pro Auroracoin!

If you come to think of it, the chances of Auroracoin being excepted in Island might be very slim at best. I believe Island has had their fills with all sort of scams left and right, right? So no matter the takeover, Auororacoin has a scam history.
So how'd you think that will be perceived?

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 12:27:48 PM

Don't count on it. I understood Auroracoin inherited the Digibyte core? Digibyte has a crappy core, due to it's 15 seconds block time: No instant usability (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg15188688#msg15188688)
Auroracoin having 61 seconds block time, is up for the same.

Most wallets are crap build on crap... the Digibyte wallet is no exception in this. We are aware of that. That's why we have a few maintenance releases upcoming, to remove a lot of cruft that accumulated in time (check the official forum on plans and discussions around that). That having said, block times are no issue, for AUR sync times are not that bad (yet). For fast payments, use web wallets, or a payment provider that instantly confirms.

(snip)...

If you come to think of it, the chances of Auroracoin being excepted in Island might be very slim at best. I believe Island has had their fills with all sort of scams left and right, right? So no matter the takeover, Auororacoin has a scam history.
So how'd you think that will be perceived?

I don't agree with the scam history. As far as I see, the original dev of auroracoin laid out a plan, fulfilled it and disappeared (the follow up by the current dev team could have been better, but that's past us now). If people here think it's a scam... it doesn't matter, BCT is not the target audience, the Icelandic people are.

Iceland has about 3.3k inhabitants... the size of an mid-sized Dutch/European city. We had a media campaign almost 2 months ago and this gained a lot of interest in Iceland. The type of interest you would not get if people where "tired of scams". The same could be seen on the Icelandic AUR exchange last week.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 12:47:32 PM

Biomike took the words out of my mouth. Balduro has shown to be a man of honor and kept his word all the way up to his (planed) disappearance. The only reason some folks in the Crypto landscape (read almost no Icelanders) still feel it was a scam is cause of the massive hype and pump that speculators (not the dev) started even before the airdrop started.

I would like to add that we differ from DGB in two ways. First our 61 sec block time is substantially higher (over 4 x) than theirs, also we target a user base of only 330K, while DGB targets the entire world.

I would say having only 0.001% of the transactions to worry about with over 4 times the block times we're relatively good to go ;-)

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
coinbasesucks

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:48:15 PM

I have read that with the election of a new Prime minister coming up, Iceland will lift it's capital controls ban allowing people, I am assuming to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Call me a sadist but Auroracoin appealed to me at first because iceland had capital controls that banned people from buying bitcoin so they would be forced to use Auroracoin.  Now it looks like soon they will have the option to invest in whatever they choose.  I love auroracoin because the development team worked hard to build an exchange and totally make this coin legit.  But from an investing standpoint I have no idea what to do now.

Thanks for the explanation.  I was having a hard time finding articles that talked about that. 
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:03:21 PM

Iceland has about 3.3k inhabitants...

330,000 - for anyone wondering.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Trackcoins

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:16:02 PM

Why Iceland people look happy with all corrupt banks? They haf bondage fetis? Break shackles they will not if it turns on
Trackcoins

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:33:44 PM

I want come visit 3Rd happy country in world. look nice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/galleries/The-worlds-happiest-countries/iceland/
coinbasesucks

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:41:06 PM

How many auroracoin wallets are there right now?  I know somewhere you can find the total number of bitcoin wallets but what about Auroracoin?  Are there 500, 5,000, etc?  Thanks.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 10:37:37 PM

Oops. Thanks for fixing that.
JessicaG

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:41:36 AM

Most wallets are crap build on crap... the Digibyte wallet is no exception in this. We are aware of that. That's why we have a few maintenance releases upcoming, to remove a lot of cruft that accumulated in time (check the official forum on plans and discussions around that). That having said, block times are no issue, for AUR sync times are not that bad (yet). For fast payments, use web wallets, or a payment provider that instantly confirms.

Such as ... ?

Biomike took the words out of my mouth. Balduro has shown to be a man of honor and kept his word all the way up to his (planed) disappearance. The only reason some folks in the Crypto landscape (read almost no Icelanders) still feel it was a scam is cause of the massive hype and pump that speculators (not the dev) started even before the airdrop started.

Yeah, I did some backreading. So this Bladuro has handed over the reamining AUR to the foundation, but not any other info to properly take over the initial ANN, so it could be corrected accordingly to the takeover. I do not know what to make of that. This Balduro wanna be some kind of Satoshi Nakamoto copycat?

I would like to add that we differ from DGB in two ways. First our 61 sec block time is substantially higher (over 4 x) than theirs, also we target a user base of only 330K, while DGB targets the entire world.

I think there's a bit of delusional here. Targeting the Icelandic people might be the target, but will that truly be beneficial to them? This coin is just as international as any other coin that exists. So likewise subject to multipools, pump and dump potentials, hypes, you name it.
So yeah, nice if the coin would be truly adopted in Iceland and the drive behind it (Icelandic people has had its fill with...). And than comes some whales along or a pump and dump group, making this coin their new toy to make some profits on. Has the dev team considered and wagered the ethics and risks behind this?

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:10:12 AM

I think there's a bit of delusional here. Targeting the Icelandic people might be the target, but will that truly be beneficial to them? This coin is just as international as any other coin that exists. So likewise subject to multipools, pump and dump potentials, hypes, you name it.
So yeah, nice if the coin would be truly adopted in Iceland and the drive behind it (Icelandic people has had its fill with...). And than comes some whales along or a pump and dump group, making this coin their new toy to make some profits on. Has the dev team considered and wagered the ethics and risks behind this?

The whole point is that if the Icelandic people are buying and selling in AUR, they will care as much about the exchange rate as much as the general populous cares about fiat exchange rates.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
JessicaG

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:04:54 PM

The whole point is that if the Icelandic people are buying and selling in AUR, they will care as much about the exchange rate as much as the general populous cares about fiat exchange rates.

You're missing my point. Here's a brief summary in my own words how I'd read this topic, and the previous one:

Icelandic people were victims multiple times due to abusiveness of those above them or in control. The ISK plummeted to this, which affected the normal Icelandic people. Lots of anger and scandals, and the people left with devaluated assets. Auroracoin has the potential to liberate from this.

So okay, yeah, everybody in Iceland going for Auroracoin and breaking their shackles from fiat currency. Yeah. Great, we now have them Icelandic people set free and given them financial freedom. Yeah again. So, then comes a pump and dump group humptydumping along. Toying and hyping a bit with Auroracoin, and then plummet it down to ground. Group happy with profits, "bye-bye auroracoin, was fun" and regular user (read: like the Icelandic inhabitants) left with assets less valuable then before. Again.

^^^ Dev team ever thought of that possibility?

Or, another point of view:
So the ISK is kinda rigged, and was/is subject to them big bullies on top that got away unpunished and left a deflated national currency.
Bad thing, not nice, the ISK fucked over, lots of people unhappy, right?

So, we have had a volatile national coin, left quite deflated, with all kinds of regulations and restrictions imposed and in place. But, this is crypto. And if anything is volatile, AND subject to 'control' and what not, it's crypto!
Whales cannot push national currencies that hard. With crypto's, they can.
Corporate or entities cannot push national currencies that hard. With crypto's, they can.
P&D groups cannot push national currencies that hard. With crypto's, they can.
Etc.

Do you see the point I'm trying to make? Auroracoin is an interesting project, but could also backfire in the end on it's intentions.

░▓██████████████░
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 02:11:33 PM

You're missing my point. Here's a brief summary in my own words how I'd read this topic, and the previous one:

Icelandic people were victims multiple times due to abusiveness of those above them or in control. The ISK plummeted to this, which affected the normal Icelandic people. Lots of anger and scandals, and the people left with devaluated assets. Auroracoin has the potential to liberate from this.

So okay, yeah, everybody in Iceland going for Auroracoin and breaking their shackles from fiat currency. Yeah. Great, we now have them Icelandic people set free and given them financial freedom. Yeah again. So, then comes a pump and dump group humptydumping along. Toying and hyping a bit with Auroracoin, and then plummet it down to ground. Group happy with profits, "bye-bye auroracoin, was fun" and regular user (read: like the Icelandic inhabitants) left with assets less valuable then before. Again.

^^^ Dev team ever thought of that possibility?

Or, another point of view:
So the ISK is kinda rigged, and was/is subject to them big bullies on top that got away unpunished and left a deflated national currency.
Bad thing, not nice, the ISK fucked over, lots of people unhappy, right?

So, we have had a volatile national coin, left quite deflated, with all kinds of regulations and restrictions imposed and in place. But, this is crypto. And if anything is volatile, AND subject to 'control' and what not, it's crypto!
Whales cannot push national currencies that hard. With crypto's, they can.
Corporate or entities cannot push national currencies that hard. With crypto's, they can.
P&D groups cannot push national currencies that hard. With crypto's, they can.
Etc.

Do you see the point I'm trying to make? Auroracoin is an interesting project, but could also backfire in the end on it's intentions.

You should sign up to a signature campaign! You write very good stories!

I enjoyed reading you story and I've just reminded me that I still have some AUR left somewhere.

I'll go search it!

Space for rent if its still trending
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: