Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:35:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136759 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MikkiRefur

Activity: 78
Merit: 16

Auroracoin Community Development

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 08:02:59 PM

I follow aurora coin from the beginning. I still hold a big amount of coins in cold wallet. I am wondering what went so wrong with this coin and the price is going lower and lower... Huh

Basically a number of things are going on:
- Cryptos are in downtrend after the rally last year.
- Adoption of Auroracoin in Iceland is slower than initially expected.
- The reformation of the Auroracoin foundation to a Crypto foundation probably has caused some panic among people.
- From the beginning Auroracoin has been put "on the market" wrongly. See the initial article in the Steemit link that describes this.

Hey Than Ioan,

Forget about all his arguments. This coin is as dead as can be. Nothing is happening at all, you know yourself.
Just lick your wounds and be happy about the good projects you invested in.

I think its your wounds that need licking,  you never have seemed to recover from whatever hurt you so much with this coin.

There is actually a new Blockchain Foundation in Iceland with Auroracoin being one of the primary working groups, and for the first time in Icelandic history there is legislation in the works to help define the blockchain regulations here.

Also we have plenty of renewed interest these past 6 months with new merchants accepting auroracoins.

And we have not even started any kind of merchant mass sign-up as we have been focusing on building the new foundation.

Now, of course you will want to argue about this, but i dont think "as dead as dead can be" means what you think it means.

so please play nicely and try to avoid the unnecessary and ignorant trolling.

mikki

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mattroibecon24

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:34:59 AM

I just think that Auroracoin is good coin but it can not rise up now due to BTC rising.
chutrangg99

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 06:23:05 AM

Currently, How many aurora coins are available in the market
I feel curious
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:26:58 AM

Currently, How many aurora coins are available in the market
I feel curious

Looking at Bittrex and ISX, I would say about 500K AUR are on the market, up for sale in the order books.
coinpreacher

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:21:45 PM

At github, there is no update since 2 years. I think this coin is dead.

If there is one developer as a single point of failure he prefers to go fishing. Not bad: island is a wonderful country.
But if you want to become islands bitcoin you have to work hard for it not just sit and wait and hope something
beautiful will happen one day.

Thats why Apple / Amazon / Ebay / Paypal rule the world: develop a product everybody likes and push it to become the number 1.
Not just check email once a week and dream about something.

Sorry guys, english is not my first language ...
Than-Ioan

Activity: 183
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:01:45 PM

If there is one developer as a single point of failure he prefers to go fishing. Not bad: island is a wonderful country.
But if you want to become islands bitcoin you have to work hard for it not just sit and wait and hope something

Thats why Apple / Amazon / Ebay / Paypal rule the world: develop a product everybody likes and push it to become the number 1.

(

You are so right! I am going to get rid of my aurora coins...sad coin team (if is there any...)
And I think the coin will be out of Bittrex soon with so low volume..
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:51:51 AM

(

You are so right! I am going to get rid of my aurora coins...sad coin team (if is there any...)

We had some development until start this year, check the "Development" branch. It just hasn't been released yet.
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:46:40 AM

(

We had some development until start this year, check the "Development" branch. It just hasn't been released yet.

Do you have a target date for the release of this update??

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:09:43 PM

(

That was march, but I moved since then, so no new date planned. The moving caused more time of being out of the running than I expected. Also some parts of my build environment updated since then, which caused me to make some changes to the code again (which I did last week). It builds again now on my dev system, but I need to update the Windows build environment and test the updated code on my MacOSX environment.
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:45:34 PM

(

That was march, but I moved since then, so no new date planned. The moving caused more time of being out of the running than I expected. Also some parts of my build environment updated since then, which caused me to make some changes to the code again (which I did last week). It builds again now on my dev system, but I need to update the Windows build environment and test the updated code on my MacOSX environment.

Thanks for the prompt response BioMike.

It sounds like you have a lot of work on your hands.  Can you give a clue as to what the new update will do for Auroracoin?

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Than-Ioan

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:06:19 PM

So, as I understand it's one person (BioMike) that is working for this coin...   Shocked
And price is going under 0.00006000 BTC....   
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:56:31 PM

(

Thanks for the prompt response BioMike.

It sounds like you have a lot of work on your hands.  Can you give a clue as to what the new update will do for Auroracoin?

Yeah, development is mostly only on my plate. The new client will mostly be code restructuring (for future development) and being able to be build with recent toolchains. The wallet/coin works and the blockchain runs smoothly, so no really new, sexy features.
Than-Ioan

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:56:38 PM

PRICE at....0.00004400 BTC... Tongue  I am sure that everybody  sells their coins before price will go to 0! Cheesy  There is no team no community and no reason to exist this coin...frozen and forgotten in the ice...I sold my last 10,000 coins loosing a lot but.... bye bye
MikkiRefur

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 09:09:14 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2018, 12:35:17 AM by MikkiRefur

In regards to activity with Auroracoin... most important to the coins growth is what is going on in Iceland - not with the code base per se, it is stable enough and we have all the pieces for merchants and customers including merchant and consumer wallets with a local fiat secure exchange.

New in this arena is an iOS compatible wallet with Auroracoin support.  This is big news of course, especially with high number of iOS users here in Iceland.

Another big development is the merging of the Auroracoin Foundation with the Icelandic Blockchain Foundation.   Which is probably the best thing to happen to blockchain and consequently Auroracoin in Iceland.  Developer and enthusiast meetups are growing in size.

Another development is legislation being passed in Iceland defining much needed clarification for companies.  An important step.

Furthermore interest is growing within news organizations - the countries primary newspaper just released a blockchain article this past week.

----

What you havent heard though is what has been going on with a group I am involved with, auroracoin101.is, which has been slowly rolling out merchants to accept auroracoin and providing training and support in their organizations.

I started this group about a year ago and brought on another programmer and designer in the past few months, and have now added a few more individuals to the group and we are in the planning stages of taking this up a level.

----

The bottom line is that Auroracoin is still in the number one spot for crypto-currency adoption in Iceland - and with the price down to last year levels, like the majority of coins, the cost of ownership for new users and the benefit for merchants is more ideal than when it was at $2 a coin.

So unfortunately, like most coins and communities waiting for the moon, even with much larger teams behind it, the need for patience is still here.

It is up to you whether or not to FUD auroracoin - or instead why not leave some comments about how you think you could help with the coin in your area of influence ?!

michael hannes ( aka mikjáll hannes )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvl5CNbSE4

MikkiRefur

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 01:46:56 PM

PRICE at....0.00004400 BTC... Tongue  I am sure that everybody  sells their coins before price will go to 0! Cheesy  There is no team no community and no reason to exist this coin...frozen and forgotten in the ice...I sold my last 10,000 coins loosing a lot but.... bye bye

Well it was your choice to lock in your losses.  too bad you werent aware of the community developments.  see related post above.

mikki
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:10:11 PM

You might want to look at what Byteball is doing in Milan, Italy to increase merchant adoption.

They already have 124 businesses accepting Byteball: https://byteball.org/milan/milan/map.html

Than-Ioan

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:09:57 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2018, 03:01:53 PM by Than-Ioan

Well it was your choice to lock in your losses.  too bad you werent aware of the community developments.  see related post above.

mikki

O.K I sold at  4400-4550 and I buy (bought already some) around 4140,Then  I will keep 6000-7000 aur, and I will wait(hopefully it will not go under 3999!) , thanks for your response and good luck with your project!

update: aur at 0.00003700..... I am happy that I sold most of my aur in much higher prices...
FilipZs

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:12:31 AM

Well it was your choice to lock in your losses.  too bad you werent aware of the community developments.  see related post above.

mikki

O.K I sold at  4400-4550 and I buy (bought already some) around 4140,Then  I will keep 6000-7000 aur, and I will wait(hopefully it will not go under 3999!) , thanks for your response and good luck with your project!

update: aur at 0.00003700..... I am happy that I sold most of my aur in much higher prices...

well it is wrong conclusion
you have to be happy you can buy Aur for such a price

speculation and quick bugs is not why Auroracoin is here
Than-Ioan

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:14:35 PM

mikki

And why exactly  Auroracoin is here?
FilipZs

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:10:04 AM

mikki

And why exactly  Auroracoin is here?

read a first post
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: