Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:50:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM - Coinabul owe me 81btc  (Read 61614 times)
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:46:03 AM

another day, no responses from coinabul

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 03:44:28 AM

This is so sad, because every trademark/name that was in use before Bitcoin's alltime high was just broken has become a highly valuable asset with marketable value of its own.  Every bitcent invested in Bitcoin Magazine advertising served to reinforce the value of each such mark.

Let me tell you what I did as Casascius before I went to registered mail only policy, a secret I'll share now that I no longer will be doing it:  While openly stating a policy that I would do the exact opposite, I ate every single claim of lost merchandise.  If a 1BTC order got lost, I replaced it but funded the coin anyway - it was easy enough for me to just sacrifice the value of 1BTC than have to worry about publishing a list of coins I won't honor, or accusing someone of being a scammer.  (Now, I won't be doing this anymore since I won't take an order other than for registered mail, which gives me other remedies to make sure my exposure to scams is limited)

Why did I do this?  It was in my rational best interest to do so.  My reputation is a highly valuable asset I can use today to facilitate enormous trades with little more than a digital signature.  The community will entrust me with bigger and bigger deals, not surprisingly it works the same for me outside the bitcoin community.  I can't think of why it would make sense to ruin my name or brand over a $600 or whatever dispute, at the same time, having someone posting in the forums angry over losing 1 BTC is also damaging, even if the loss wasn't my fault.  I would have eaten this the minute it got posted to the forums regardless of whether I was right (but likewise would have told you that my policy was to the exact opposite so as to avoid scammers).

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 03:56:59 AM

This is so sad, because every trademark/name that was in use before Bitcoin's alltime high was just broken has become a highly valuable asset with marketable value of its own.  Every bitcent invested in Bitcoin Magazine advertising served to reinforce the value of each such mark.

Let me tell you what I did as Casascius before I went to registered mail only policy, a secret I'll share now that I no longer will be doing it:  While openly stating a policy that I would do the exact opposite, I ate every single claim of lost merchandise.  If a 1BTC order got lost, I replaced it but funded the coin anyway - it was easy enough for me to just sacrifice the value of 1BTC than have to worry about publishing a list of coins I won't honor, or accusing someone of being a scammer.  (Now, I won't be doing this anymore since I won't take an order other than for registered mail, which gives me other remedies to make sure my exposure to scams is limited)

Why did I do this?  It was in my rational best interest to do so.  My reputation is a highly valuable asset I can use today to facilitate enormous trades with little more than a digital signature.  The community will entrust me with bigger and bigger deals, not surprisingly it works the same for me outside the bitcoin community.  I can't think of why it would make sense to ruin my name or brand over a $600 or whatever dispute, at the same time, having someone posting in the forums angry over losing 1 BTC is also damaging, even if the loss wasn't my fault.  I would have eaten this the minute it got posted to the forums regardless of whether I was right (but likewise would have told you that my policy was to the exact opposite so as to avoid scammers).

Would you quit posting shit like this! My high rating scale for you already through the roof, now with this post I need to add a second floor.

Later, bud, and excellent post.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 04:26:18 AM

A customer of mine from Idaho ordered a 30K bd/ft of beams paying me in advance including the shipping cost of which I handled. They now claim that the semi driver never delivered them the beams and want their money back. I filed a claimed with the trucking outfit's insurance company but it was denied, so I wrote and told the client they were shit outta luck.

(I made up the story above to drive the insanity of this issue home.)

Coinabul is on record in stating that they would no longer be using the same address that 100's of other scammers worldwide use, yet it's still on their website and according to SOS of Wyoming, they're still using it. Enjoy the article and accompanying clip: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/28/us-usa-shell-companies-idUSTRE75R20Z20110628
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 05:14:37 AM

I had to unlock a thread to get the following quote:

Probably just not interested in bad publicity.
+1.

We're getting an office space ASAP. The Wyoming incorporation service was mainly for tax reasons and to get the site off the ground. I apologize if you got the wrong idea because of it. We're working to provide as trustworthy and secure of a service as possible.

Edit: The phone number is up on the main page. We changed it so international callers could reach us as well.

I guess they're still getting an office: http://whois.domaintools.com/bitcoinfriday.com

Domain Name:     bitcoinfriday.com
Registrar:       Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2013-10-18 08:01:26
Creation Date:   2012-10-18 08:01:26

Name Servers:
        ns1mpz.name.com
        ns2lns.name.com
        ns3jkl.name.com
        ns4cgs.name.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Coinabul, LLC
DNS Admin
2710 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne
WY
US
Phone:         +1.3212227748
Email Address:

ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
Coinabul, LLC
DNS Admin
2710 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne
WY
US
Email Address:

TECHNICAL CONTACT INFO
Coinabul, LLC
DNS Admin
2710 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne
WY
US
Email Address:

BILLING CONTACT INFO
Coinabul, LLC
DNS Admin
2710 Thomes Ave
Cheyenne
WY
US
Email Address:
Zaih

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:59:09 AM

I honestly thought coinablu was a reputable business :S
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 05:07:21 PM

I honestly thought coinablu was a reputable business :S

So did they! But now that Jon and David Hollis are gone, it's now a one Jay show handling all the other differently named sites selling the same products.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:02:22 PM

That's why you will succeed!!
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:11:11 AM

That's why you will succeed!!

Pretty sure he's already there. People might get into spats with him when he proposes shit in the Dev channels, but his reputation is probably worth more than any single Bitcoin address on the network. Casascius is on my do watch list for nearly the opposite reason Instawallet is.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:26:30 AM

Got an email telling me that my order "has been Pending."

really?  how's that telling me anything different that what you have on the website. (website says order is "Pending")

When are you shipping?  what's the tracking #?
shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:28:15 AM

Got an email telling me that my order "has been Pending."

really?  how's that telling me anything different that what you have on the website. (website says order is "Pending")

When are you shipping?  what's the tracking #?

Your in a better position than me then. I haven't heard anything.
Thursday

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:00:57 PM

Why no scammers tag?

Because the moderators here are a joke.

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:31:48 AM

Why no scammers tag?

Or it's the tax shelter of the TPTBs
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:49:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46dFmAmnuc

related?

Edit: I see it already found its way to the other con-a-bill scammers thread.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 07:53:41 AM

Why no scammers tag?

Moderators aren't your private nanny.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:21:25 PM

Just give the man his Silver already!
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:01:13 PM

Still Pending... no shipping info.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 03:22:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46dFmAmnuc

related?

Edit: I see it already found its way to the other con-a-bill scammers thread.

Weird! When I clicked the link, I started to think about a video I once viewed last year and was formulating in my mind how I would go about hunting it. I was shocked to see that this is the video I was thinking about.

In my mind's eye, I pictured Jay being at least a civil well-dressed businessman-type. Upon seeing this video, there is no way anybody should be given this fucktard money. I wouldn't even let him pet Josh's poodle.

RIP Coinabul. RIP!
Thursday

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:08:37 AM

Why no scammers tag?

Then why do they bother with scammer tags in the first place?

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:30:57 AM

Why no scammers tag?

Then why do they bother with scammer tags in the first place?

You can see they stopped bothering like they used to.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: