Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:59:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM - Coinabul owe me 81btc  (Read 61614 times)
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 10:51:00 AM

What other places are there to buy gold/silver for BTC?  I'm looking to buy some and have no desire to use Coinabul.
I've ordered gold coins from amagimetals.com and just got them the other day.

They are the cheapest I've been able to find (for BTC).

Currently their Krugerrands are 6% cheaper than bitcoincommodities.com and their Maple Leafs are 5.5% cheaper than bitcoincommodities.com. Their Eagles are 4.5% cheaper.

Painfully aware of that.
However, retail prices in the EU are higher overall...  I *restock* at amagi-ish prices. sniff!

If you would (or "have to") order from the EU, you'd have to add ~19% VAT, so for EU customers Amagi (and coinabul) are 15% more expensive than me  - just pointing that out, if I may.

I try to keep the premium as reasonable as I can (also: mind you that 4% is "only" ~50$).

Trying to make up for it with my super-awesome service, also :-D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 08:04:23 PM

What other places are there to buy gold/silver for BTC?  I'm looking to buy some and have no desire to use Coinabul.

Currently their Krugerrands are 6% cheaper than bitcoincommodities.com and their Maple Leafs are 5.5% cheaper than bitcoincommodities.com. Their Eagles are 4.5% cheaper.
If you would (or "have to") order from the EU, you'd have to add ~19% VAT, so for EU customers Amagi (and coinabul) are 15% more expensive than me  - just pointing that out, if I may.
This is not true. There is no VAT on gold in the EU: http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/taxation/l31012_en.htm

For silver, though, there is a VAT rate to pay, which varies between countries, but I don't think it matters whether you buy from the EU or US in that case.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:39:35 AM

This is not true. There is no VAT on gold in the EU: http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/taxation/l31012_en.htm
I wish the customs dudes knew that.
I have shipped gold from the US a couple of dozen times and a good half of it was held up for weeks due to disagreements over this matter.

For silver, though, there is a VAT rate to pay, which varies between countries, but I don't think it matters whether you buy from the EU or US in that case.
The difference is ~15%.
Only if bullion prices in the US were more than 20% cheaper than over here, this would be true.
But they're not.
runeks
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:50:14 PM

The difference is ~15%.
Only if bullion prices in the US were more than 20% cheaper than over here, this would be true.
But they're not.
What difference?

You pay VAT regardless of whether you buy from the US or the EU.

The VAT on silver coins (not bars) is 7% in Germany, which makes it the cheapest in the EU, as far as I know.

So if you live in, for example, the UK, it's a lot cheaper to buy your silver coins from Germany, and have them delivered to you in the UK (and only pay 7% VAT), than it is to buy them from the US, and have them delivered to you in the UK (in which case you'd pay UK VAT (which is 20% AFAIK)).
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 04:57:43 PM

The difference is ~15%.
But they're not.
What difference?

You pay VAT regardless of whether you buy from the US or the EU.

The VAT on silver coins (not bars) is 7% in Germany, which makes it the cheapest in the EU, as far as I know.

So if you live in, for example, the UK, it's a lot cheaper to buy your silver coins from Germany, and have them delivered to you in the UK (and only pay 7% VAT), than it is to buy them from the US, and have them delivered to you in the UK (in which case you'd pay UK VAT (which is 20% AFAIK)).

Of course, for coins the German VAT is 7%, please disregard the ~15% number in above quote.

Put in a nutshell: European prices INCLUDING VAT basically the same as US prices EXCLUDING VAT.
So if I order from the US, I pay X% on top of the price I would usually pay in Germany, which would already have VAT included.

runeks
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:22:15 PM

Put in a nutshell: European prices INCLUDING VAT basically the same as US prices EXCLUDING VAT.
So if I order from the US, I pay X% on top of the price I would usually pay in Germany, which would already have VAT included.
I don't believe this.

Please show me a European store whose price for silver coins including VAT is the same as the price for the same silver coin at providentmetals.com or goldmart.com.

For example, Provident Metals currently sells 1 oz Austrian Philharmoniker silver coins for $2.99 over spot. Please show me a store in the EU selling these for €19.87 including VAT.

The cheapest I can find it for in the EU is €20.74, or around 6.2% more expensive than from goldmart.com.
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:37:28 PM

I don't believe this.

Please show me a European store whose price for silver coins including VAT is the same as the price for the same silver coin at providentmetals.com or goldmart.com.

For example, Provident Metals currently sells 1 oz Austrian Philharmoniker silver coins for $2.99 over spot. Please show me a store in the EU selling these for €19.87 including VAT.

The cheapest I can find it for in the EU is €20.74, or around 6.2% more expensive than from goldmart.com.

mind the "basically".

find a store that ships to the EU, accepts € and is prepared to handle its part of customs, then even these really cheep examples still net a higher cost than EU coins.

both stores you list do NOT ship into the EU.

APMEX for one charges 21.08€ for a silver philly.
they have them IN STOCK and ship WORLDWIDE.

zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:21:54 PM

Have you gotten your money back this thread is months old now?

shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:24:10 PM

No I haven't. Nor have I received any response to emails or PMs sent asking for an update.

Last I heard from them was a few days after Jay's post on page 10 where he stated that I didn't need to do anything but sit tight and wait. And it seems that's pretty much all I can do now.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:21:31 PM

No I haven't. Nor have I received any response to emails or PMs sent asking for an update.

Last I heard from them was a few days after Jay's post on page 10 where he stated that I didn't need to do anything but sit tight and wait. And it seems that's pretty much all I can do now.

Message theymos.

This.
chadqberry

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:02:42 PM

I'm about over this shitty forum and the shitty moderators.  How in the hell can coinabul not be listed as a scammer?  I'll tell you how, Jay at coinabul must somehow be friendly or connected with them.  There is no other explanation.  Many, Many people have been listed as a scammer for much less.  I have definitely lost all respect for this site and the mods here for not doing something about this while more and more people like me lose thousands of dollars to this scam artist. 
Don't like what I'm saying?  Prove me wrong and get this guy listed as a scammer as he deserves.
00null

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 05:36:03 PM

Message theymos.
LOL, it seems you still do not understand how this works: you have to advertise on this very forum for a few months and then you are free to scam as much as you want without ever being tagged. Coinabul and Inaba are prime examples of this. Examples for people that did this wrong and hence got tagged are MNW and pirate.

Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2013, 06:28:17 PM

There is enough evidence I will submit them for scamming.

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
givingbitcoinwings

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 08:48:31 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2013, 09:25:43 PM by givingbitcoinwings

What other places are there to buy gold/silver for BTC?  I'm looking to buy some and have no desire to use Coinabul.

Goldsilverbitcoin.com is still cheaper than both Amagi and Bitcoin Commodities. You can buy AND sell metals/bitcoin too.  Wink

EDIT: Amagi's prices in BTC are cheaper, but they charge you a 1% processing fee at checkout. Goldsilverbitcoin.com doesn't charge anything.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:12:18 AM

What other places are there to buy gold/silver for BTC?  I'm looking to buy some and have no desire to use Coinabul.

Goldsilverbitcoin.com is still cheaper than both Amagi and Bitcoin Commodities. You can buy AND sell metals/bitcoin too.  Wink

EDIT: Amagi's prices in BTC are cheaper, but they charge you a 1% processing fee at checkout. Goldsilverbitcoin.com doesn't charge anything.

Yeah looks like all their shit is free right now too..

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:28:09 AM

Yeah looks like all their shit is free right now too..

haha yep. best deal in town.

Hey givingbitcoinwings, here is my order:

28 Australian Kangaroos
ALL the sliver in stock
972709 Perth Bars
A size 19 shoebox full of Gold American Eagles and Palladium coins
Total $0.00 <---- quoted from your site.

Also since I ordered so much I would appreciate free shipping on that.

Thanks,

Your #1 customer.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:59:40 PM

I'm about over this shitty forum and the shitty moderators.  How in the hell can coinabul not be listed as a scammer?  I'll tell you how, Jay at coinabul must somehow be friendly or connected with them.  There is no other explanation.  Many, Many people have been listed as a scammer for much less.  I have definitely lost all respect for this site and the mods here for not doing something about this while more and more people like me lose thousands of dollars to this scam artist.  
Don't like what I'm saying?  Prove me wrong and get this guy listed as a scammer as he deserves.
Wouldn't adding negative trust (here) address this (albeit as a temporary measure)?  He still won't have a scammer tag but it'll put a big red flag in his trust profile.  (I appreciate this is a fairly new feature, but I still don't see any red flags anywhere... )
shiftybugger (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:21:33 AM

Wouldn't adding negative trust (here) address this (albeit as a temporary measure)?  He still won't have a scammer tag but it'll put a big red flag in his trust profile.  (I appreciate this is a fairly new feature, but I still don't see any red flags anywhere... )

Thanks. I've remedied that situation.

Still nothing by the way, for those still watching at home.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

OP should really message theymos, if he thinks there is enough evidence here in this thread.
Maybe send him links to the relevant posts, etc., so he doesn't need to read the whole thread looking for them.
I would message him myself, but i don't have the time to re-read everything and quote the relevant parts.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:21:22 PM

OP should really message theymos, if he thinks there is enough evidence here in this thread.
Maybe send him links to the relevant posts, etc., so he doesn't need to read the whole thread looking for them.
I would message him myself, but i don't have the time to re-read everything and quote the relevant parts.

THIS, unless it was done months ago

I hope this has been pursued fully months ago...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: