Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:44:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: panic selling  (Read 111153 times)
nesty

Activity: 518
Merit: 184

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:07:04 PM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

The effect of massive selling or dumping of bitcoins can lower its value but for other investors like me i will take it as an advantage because i can buy more bitcoins. Thats why when it comes in investing we have to control ourselves and not to listen to the rumors the will cause us to panic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaena555

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:24:43 PM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

The effect of massive selling or dumping of bitcoins can lower its value but for other investors like me i will take it as an advantage because i can buy more bitcoins. Thats why when it comes in investing we have to control ourselves and not to listen to the rumors the will cause us to panic.

You are a wise and experienced person. And you do it right if you use panic in order to buy even more coins at a low price. I am also a bitcoin enthusiast, so I'm not afraid of temporary price drops

SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:16:45 PM

First of all...statement "Huge dump" is not specific. It might be huge at individual level but as per market cap it could be negligible.
Lets suppose if dumping is really huge, say 1% of total market cap, then definitely it will make worse effect on crypto market for a time being but not for long term. Bitcoin price may fall upto 5-10% at that time because Bitcoin pricing is just a demand and supply phenomenon, Unexpected supply will cut down the price in the market. But,  If there is no negative news at that time, market will soon bounce back.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:28:44 PM

Every time there is drop on the value of bitcoin they usually believe that this was created by a panic offering by holders..Even they  dump enormous sum of btc thats not a panic offering but a earnings getting..

Most of those people that are panicking upon they see the price of bitcoin dropping are mostly newbies and new investors of bitcoin. I used to do that when I was still new, the price went down with a less of $100 then I sold already my bitcoin by that time. And after a couple of days the price of bitcoin is popping and this made me realize that I was a jerk that did sold it earlier and it happened 5 times IIRC.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Blisk

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 08:46:07 PM

You are a wise and experienced person. And you do it right if you use panic in order to buy even more coins at a low price. I am also a bitcoin enthusiast, so I'm not afraid of temporary price drops

A wise person will always look for opportunity to make the most of panic selling because even I was  a victim of panic selling until I realise that the price dips are not forever it's just temporary and triggers a huge price pump after price dips.

anklas

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:14:51 PM

Well the effect of huge dump of bitcoins is the decrease in value but definitely when someone dumps it there are investors waiting for that dump because its advantage for them to buy bitcoin at a lower cost even me i will buy if there is a massive dump.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:19:59 PM

A wise person will always look for opportunity to make the most of panic selling because even I was  a victim of panic selling until I realise that the price dips are not forever it's just temporary and triggers a huge price pump after price dips.

Yeah and people who have spend enough time with bitcoins will never get panic even if they see price dropping and in that case either they will hold their existing coins or will buy some more coins by taking advantage of lower price as they are very much aware that even if there is downfall in price it will bounce back in near future.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

malika

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 10:39:52 PM

Well if dumps will happen it certainly would affect the value of bitcoin but we should not panic because maybe those dumpers already earned enough from their investments and also because they cannot control their emotions to panic because of the rumors. But come to think of it that lots of rumors spread already but still Bitcoin is standing still and going stronger.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kirilld

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:30:45 PM

Yeah it absolutely has affect on Bitcoin!!Since Bitcoin is dependent on idea of Decentralization.Hence, its value is based on forces of market i.e. desire and source.In situation of worry promoting, the source exceeds the demand!!Thanks to much more supply, law of provide operates and price start off slipping!It is usually far better to hold bitcoin and market only when you actually in require of money!Keeping of Bitcoin can elevate your internet value many folds overtime than selling it for some profits!
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:53:49 PM

If someone sell a huge price of bitcoin, bitcoin price would crash the market will probably falls, And bitcoin user will panic until they sell their bitcoins
I think you should not feel panic when the will or wish to sell your bitcoin you got. You can simply monitor the ups and downs of prices which occurred in bitcoin and when it is reasonably price you think is already pretty high then you recently sold all of the bitcoin you have. so you don't panic when prices suddenly plummeted because in the bitcoin we must be patient and hold it because we can't predict the price of the bitcoin bitcoin happening in the market.
lexamagic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:10:07 PM

I believe that experienced investors do not panic because of such things and are patiently waiting for a price increase. This is the feature of the development of bitcoin and it is necessary to reconcile with it in order to get a good profit.

cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:22:09 PM

If someone sell a huge price of bitcoin, bitcoin price would crash the market will probably falls, And bitcoin user will panic until they sell their bitcoins
I think you should not feel panic when the will or wish to sell your bitcoin you got. You can simply monitor the ups and downs of prices which occurred in bitcoin and when it is reasonably price you think is already pretty high then you recently sold all of the bitcoin you have. so you don't panic when prices suddenly plummeted because in the bitcoin we must be patient and hold it because we can't predict the price of the bitcoin bitcoin happening in the market.

Of course you can not predict the price of Bitcoin exact and its value will happen as your prediction, but you still must to prepare a prediction before invest into Bitcoin. It can helps you have a strong base price and do not need to care when its value happen the opposite your prediction, because you can cut loss or wait its value recover if only a trap.
Larva14

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:32:20 PM

I think if there's a huge dump we must hold it than to sell it. Do not panic if the price of bitcoin goes down because there will be a time that that the price of bitcoin will rise again. Do not ever do panic selling because it will result to a small income.
farhaan

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:10:11 PM

It depends upon how much bitcoins is going to be dumped.In earlier stages,chinese most often dumped their bitcoins to earn profits and when the price fell due to it,they once again bought it at lower price..but now it seems to be not working since bitcoin has investors now world wide and even if any one tries to dump his bitcoins to rebuy,then he would be the ultimate loser since there would be no effect on the bitcoin price due to huge buy wall.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
kimochidesh

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:48:04 PM

You mean...people start following the trend of selling. Obviously, BTC price will crash for a while. But not forever. Because if there is not any negative news then soon smart investors realize that it is just a trend or panic selling and they start buying or accumulating it. This will gain soar the market. So no worries it is just the a basic demand and supply cycle.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:54:33 PM

For me it does not make much sense, everything depends on the market and its specificity, and not on so small games like these.

Akash1243

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:42:26 PM

I don't know why people starts panicking whenever there is drop as bitcoins has a market and sometime it can fall bitcoins can't keep on rising nonstop.I see drop as an opportunity to buy even more bitcoins in cheap price to earn profits when bitcoins rises again which it mostly always will.To earn profits in bitcoins one has to be patience as Bitcoin are long term investment with huge return.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:17:44 PM

I don't know why people starts panicking whenever there is drop as bitcoins has a market and sometime it can fall bitcoins can't keep on rising nonstop.I see drop as an opportunity to buy even more bitcoins in cheap price to earn profits when bitcoins rises again which it mostly always will.To earn profits in bitcoins one has to be patience as Bitcoin are long term investment with huge return.

You have to consider that there are people who are not like you. People who can't take any fall or dump in the price of bitcoin because maybe they are like my friends who gets their school allowance from their bitcoin earnings. These people cannot afford to buy bitcoin even at low prices because their precious bitcoin is supposed to be for their expenses only. For many people, a dump is already an opportunity to gain more profit by buying at low price and then sell when the price rise again but for them, any small decrease is a loss already.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:59:51 PM

You have to consider that there are people who are not like you. People who can't take any fall or dump in the price of bitcoin because maybe they are like my friends who gets their school allowance from their bitcoin earnings. These people cannot afford to buy bitcoin even at low prices because their precious bitcoin is supposed to be for their expenses only. For many people, a dump is already an opportunity to gain more profit by buying at low price and then sell when the price rise again but for them, any small decrease is a loss already.
Unfortunately for your friends the market it's not working based on personal financial situation. I consider that marketing it;s like swimming, you have to keep swimming with the wave, but if you panic then tragedies happens so, don't panic and analyze the market signals. Good luck and i admire your friends for trying to pull out the best of them.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:26:52 PM

The fact is people don't have much experience of bitcoins as they are new to the bitcoin world so when they see price dropping they easily get panic and start dumping their coins at lower price and big whales takes advantage of buying them at lower price but those who have enough knowledge about bitcoins will never sell their coins at lower price in fact they will start buying if price falls down.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: