Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: panic selling  (Read 111155 times)
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:44:33 AM

IMHO. The higher it climbs the sharper and lower it falls. However, they say, the death is only beginning...
I always laugh whenever I come across this topic, and the reason is because I’m among those that are into panic selling. I have tried my best to stop it, but there is one reason I never stopped it, and that’s because of my friend that introduced me to Bitcoin.

He tells me not to panic in selling, but he’s even the worst and gets scared whenever there is a slight decrease in price, I even laugh at him.
Viscore

Activity: 3080
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:54:26 AM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

At this moment, I doubt that events that made bitcoin to fall to its lowest point will never happen again. Just like what happen recently where China made bitcoin to decrease it's value and made others panic, Japan was there to   help bitcoin recover. It will be just a normal fluctuations.
It seems like bitcoin are getting stronger due to a lot of bad news, it has overcome it and even though we saw the price dump but we are back again
now. The price now will make investors who are holding bitcoins and as it's stable there is a chance that another pump will happen this year.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:14:27 AM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?
Obviously if many people who doing a huge dump / selling it together, of course this will greatly affect the movement of bitcoin price become going down. Because given of the price that was easily influenced by the selling and buying factors, that is if the more people to buying it.. bitcoin price will moving higher, and if the more people to selling it.. bitcoin price will moving down, we know it's already applied and includes the characteristics of bitcoin.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:15:19 AM

At this moment, I doubt that events that made bitcoin to fall to its lowest point will never happen again. Just like what happen recently where China made bitcoin to decrease it's value and made others panic, Japan was there to   help bitcoin recover. It will be just a normal fluctuations.
It seems like bitcoin are getting stronger due to a lot of bad news, it has overcome it and even though we saw the price dump but we are back again
now. The price now will make investors who are holding bitcoins and as it's stable there is a chance that another pump will happen this year.
Even there is a lot of bad news around bitcoin, it is still going up and it is now becoming as one of the strongest currency in the world and because of those bad news, bitcoin just proves that bitcoin is strong enough to face all of those problems and even that is a banning process in the other countries bitcoin is still unstoppable and that is why people are now investing in bitcoin.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:56:36 AM

At this time, i don't see any panic selling that is happening, hopefully it will not happen. Most of the people who does panic selling arr those who are new to investments and have waek hands, they tend to fear something that they do no know, simply because they do not do yheir own research, though there has been a dump after the fork, it is only a small percrnage if you look at it, it is just normal that after every fork, there will be a correction, since the fork has just been hyped, there is also no negative news that could affect.the value of bitcoin like the magnitude of china had done before. I think most investors today had already learned their lesson from august, and not to do panic selling.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:34:26 PM

Panic selling for me is reasonable, because they feel worried if the investment does not benefit. But to invest in bitcoin, I think we do not need to panic, because even if the bitcoin price falls, someday the bitcoin price will soon recover.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:10:25 AM

prices will fall and maybe some people will panic sell but better to hold because the price will rise again and if panic sell will loss
In the world of crypto currency, the worst thing one can ever do is to get panic at the time when the prices are falling down and go for selling his bitcoin. There is nothing fruitful which you can get by losing your control over your emotions. In fact, this will only add lot of troubles for you as you will be going to suffer a huge loss. You only need to remain patient and keep holding your bitcoins under such scenarios.
Panic selling Is the one of the worst thing I have ever gone through it gives me nothing but regret and the lesson that hold your coins in the time of falling prices because bitcoin is unpredictable I sold my coins for low price and on the next morning prices were moving up and up and on that time I come to know that this is the worst decision of my whole life and I will not do it again and recommend to avoid.
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:28:55 AM

prices will fall and maybe some people will panic sell but better to hold because the price will rise again and if panic sell will loss
In the world of crypto currency, the worst thing one can ever do is to get panic at the time when the prices are falling down and go for selling his bitcoin. There is nothing fruitful which you can get by losing your control over your emotions. In fact, this will only add lot of troubles for you as you will be going to suffer a huge loss. You only need to remain patient and keep holding your bitcoins under such scenarios.
Panic selling Is the one of the worst thing I have ever gone through it gives me nothing but regret and the lesson that hold your coins in the time of falling prices because bitcoin is unpredictable I sold my coins for low price and on the next morning prices were moving up and up and on that time I come to know that this is the worst decision of my whole life and I will not do it again and recommend to avoid.

In retrospective it's easy to tell because you have all data, but you didn't have this information. Don't be mad at yourself, learn from your lessons and keep on improving yourself. Everyone in business has this kind of regrets. If I knew bitcoin would reach 5000$+ I would have bought all of them when they were at 0.05$ ...

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:46:28 PM

At this time, i don't see any panic selling that is happening, hopefully it will not happen. Most of the people who does panic selling arr those who are new to investments and have waek hands, they tend to fear something that they do no know, simply because they do not do yheir own research, though there has been a dump after the fork, it is only a small percrnage if you look at it, it is just normal that after every fork, there will be a correction, since the fork has just been hyped, there is also no negative news that could affect.the value of bitcoin like the magnitude of china had done before. I think most investors today had already learned their lesson from august, and not to do panic selling.
You will not be seeing any panic selling these days, and the reason why you won’t be seeing it is because price is a little bit stable, always between $5,000 and $6,000.But believe me, if price will go below $5000 you will see a lot of people will start selling.

And one thing else you should know is that you shouldn’t be calling these type of people weak ass as you said, cause for every market to run smoothly and successfully, there should always be constant buying and selling. That’s what makes a market.
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 01:14:36 PM

Actually the answer is right within the question we just have to elaborate. When someone make a huge dump or hold large values of bitcoin and of course many people do this, bitcoins current value will start to increase this is because the market will now be holding lesser bitcoins. When the price is high enough and they started to sell all the bitcoins they have, the market will start to be having much bitcoins thus the price will start to go down. This is repeatedly or reoccuring like a cycle.

There is no effect when "someone" does this but if many people do then huge effect can be felt in the growth value of bitcoin.
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:37:18 AM

Yeah for sure it is the wrong decision because now all the things are getting more and wider and the value is increasing mere and more. The future of the bitcoin is bright and the value of the things are also increasing it is the time to get in the bitcoin and hold the things for the long time so you will be able to have the bright income in the coming days of the age, the values of the things is increasing more and more.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:58:57 AM

Yeah for sure it is the wrong decision because now all the things are getting more and wider and the value is increasing mere and more. The future of the bitcoin is bright and the value of the things are also increasing it is the time to get in the bitcoin and hold the things for the long time so you will be able to have the bright income in the coming days of the age, the values of the things is increasing more and more.

Panic selling is not really advisable especially for the current standing of bitcoin in the market. However, in case it will fall there is still no need to panic because it will cause more harm to us bitcoiners. The more coins sold in the market the lesser its exchange would be especially if many will be selling it in a lower price. We should always make decision with intelligence and wit and not by emotions.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:27:08 AM

Do not take a decision when we are panicked because it will only be a boomerang that will make us wretched because of wrong decision. when prices go down we try not to panic to sell bitcoin, just wait some time, the price will be stable and even reverse direction.
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:28:52 AM

Well If someone sell all of his/her coins in panic way at low rates then market goes down and the price of Bitcoins, I don't think someone is dumb that much to sell there Bitcoins at low rates. That is why Panic selling is not good for Bitcoin market and always end up with loss.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:05:51 AM

let me just play devil's advocate and put this out there:

All Bitcoin buying and selling is either manic or panic. There simply is no other asset that fluctuates in price so rapidly and so wildly!

BTC Hashrate is down 45%, diff is up 21%, mempool is 30-50MB. That means no coin is moving without a $15+ fee...

Relax and Enjoy the Ride.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:26:45 PM

In retrospective it's easy to tell because you have all data, but you didn't have this information. Don't be mad at yourself, learn from your lessons and keep on improving yourself. Everyone in business has this kind of regrets. If I knew bitcoin would reach 5000$+ I would have bought all of them when they were at 0.05$ ...
Same story as I had. I regret most of the times why I didn’t know about bitcoin in 2010 or around because at that time bitcoins were just developing and no one knows about them. Why we didn’t buy bitcoin. If we would have done that, believe me now, we become billionaire now. But this one and many other regrets are there in life of a trader. You only need to be focused.
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:34:54 PM

It seems to me that bitcoin has already proved that it is a very reliable currency. Therefore, I do not understand why some people continue to panic sell. We should be calm if we want to make money on the crypto currency

Sale_man

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:35:41 PM

Panic selling is a very common mistake done by a lot of bitcoin holders whenever it's value goes dramatically down . Those people are usually short sighted and unaware of the true potential that this currency has . Fearing unwanted consequences and desiring to "cut the losses " they sell their funds with a much lower price and calling it a profit which is better than nothing while if they just hold to their funds they'll get much more than that .

super5star

Activity: 313

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:43:07 PM

Losing the control over your emotions at the time when you see the market price of the coins you have is quite a normal thing. There are so many amongst us who get panic at that time and go for selling of their bitcoins at much cheaper rates. The fact is there is nothing fruitful which you can get in result of panic selling. So you need to remain patient and keep on holding your coins for as long as you can.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:57:21 PM

It can affect bitcoin price because bitcoin price depends on market demand, the more people holding bitcoin the higher the price will get. If people would sell bitcoin it's price will eventually drop.

It will have a domino effect I think, causing shockwave to the market of course the next thing you know everyone panics and selling their bitcoin. This is how market manipulators or whales do, they will make a huge sell order, everyone will see it on the wall and then someone will do the same, causing others to emulate and next is the ensuing chaos in the market. They panic without knowing what is going on. And its gonna be late before you know that it is being manipulated by some big entities behind.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: