Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:27:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:20:02 PM

From Gulden slack

We currently started a fundraising campaign in order to create a flyer. In cooperation with the owner of a kebaphouse HAS which is situated in the nightlife citycenter of Rotterdam.

The flyer has two sides. Frontside contains a special "happy hour" ( 2 doner kebap sandwiches for the price of 1) at HAS. But only if you pay in Gulden.

The backside contains information about and a guidance how to buy your first Gulden.

Approx 100.000 flyers will be spread throughout the city of Rotterdam.

The aim is to make Gulden more known among Rotterdam very fast, hoping the media also picks up.

Now we need the help of everybody in the Gulden community in order to raise the needed amount of Gulden.

Please take a look at: http://fundraising.gulden.team and think about supporting us in successfully completing this big marketing stunt.

On the website you can scan the qr-code or copy and paste the payment link to donate some Gulden

Thank you for any support you can give!

http://guldenbites.nl/en/2017/08/29/fundraising-for-100000-flyers/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:17:04 AM

From Gulden slack

We currently started a fundraising campaign in order to create a flyer. ... Thank you for any support you can give!

Let me get this straight. Someone at gulden is launching a LOCAL publicity push, and is hoping that people donate NLG to them?

WTF? What is this telling the market? You see why this coin should die?
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:56:30 AM

In the contrary, do not underestimate these initiatives. I noticed in the last two weeks that retailers are now starting to convince other retailers. They clearly see the benefits on accepting Gulden, and initiatives like these are backing them, getting them also the crowd buying in their shop.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 07:58:18 AM

The reason I come here? Multiple reasons:

1) To enjoy the BS posted here as well (just like you)
2) Because I still have NLG and want to follow what's going on.
3) Give my views on NLG price development
4) Debunk points in 1.
5) I want NLG to succeed.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:04:13 AM

From Gulden slack

We currently started a fundraising campaign in order to create a flyer. ... Thank you for any support you can give!

Let me get this straight. Someone at gulden is launching a LOCAL publicity push, and is hoping that people donate NLG to them?

I wonder how much pre-mine is involved...

At least the market should be able to handle that amount.
DGBforver

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:30:44 AM

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Marketing! Never thought I would see this day for Gulden. $100 million marketcap coming for the currency and you will see it's time to spend more on marketing and less worrying about development.

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:13:44 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 07:47:05 PM by bram_vnl

From Gulden slack

I wonder how much pre-mine is involved...

At least the market should be able to handle that amount.

Pre-mine nothing in this project
Only need 5850 Gulden its finish!  Cool
Strong Gulden community 👍

It will sell @ nocks not on the market 😎

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Marketing! Never thought I would see this day for Gulden. $100 million marketcap coming for the currency and you will see it's time to spend more on marketing and less worrying about development.

Better wait a little bit longer, than have marketing, not wallets that's fail

Like this shit
Dev I have no connection, dev I cant see my coins, Dev do you have boodstrap
All that question's at 95% of all the coins, and yes that is boring
Gulden will fix that in the updates and in the future 😎

But it's a good project from HAS doner kebab, to get Gulden at more people
Danuberiver

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:36:04 PM

Better wait a little bit longer, than have marketing, not wallets that's fail

Like this shit
Dev I have no connection, dev I cant see my coins, Dev do you have boodstrap
All that question's at 95% of all the coins, and yes that is boring
Gulden will fix that in the updates and in the future 😎

But it's a good project from HAS doner kebab, to get Gulden at more people

EFL doesn't have half these problem why Gulden got all this errors?
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:17:04 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 01:48:43 PM by bram_vnl

https://player.vimeo.com/video/231555193
English + dutch sub
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:14:40 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2017, 06:32:41 PM by bram_vnl

From Gulden slack

We currently started a fundraising campaign in order to create a flyer. In cooperation with the owner of a kebaphouse HAS which is situated in the nightlife citycenter of Rotterdam.

The flyer has two sides. Frontside contains a special "happy hour" ( 2 doner kebap sandwiches for the price of 1) at HAS. But only if you pay in Gulden.

The backside contains information about and a guidance how to buy your first Gulden.

Approx 100.000 flyers will be spread throughout the city of Rotterdam.

The aim is to make Gulden more known among Rotterdam very fast, hoping the media also picks up.

Now we need the help of everybody in the Gulden community in order to raise the needed amount of Gulden.

Please take a look at: http://fundraising.gulden.team and think about supporting us in successfully completing this big marketing stunt.

On the website you can scan the qr-code or copy and paste the payment link to donate some Gulden

Thank you for any support you can give!

We got the goal of 42000 Gulden for the flyer project from Hans doner kebab! Lets start the project! Thx for the donations
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:29:48 PM

Where did wallzilla came from? That's a 160000 USD buy order there.
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:54:19 PM

I really hope upon a hope that it gets rid of the dumpers, they sell out to a rich investor and the coin can move forward.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:01:00 AM

I really hope upon a hope that it gets rid of the dumpers, they sell out to a rich investor and the coin can move forward.

Whatever the reason is, it's clear that the wall moved back (after the price pumped a bit). No need to sell onto that wall anyway,
if it moves, it can move up.

I didn't see at what time it moved back, but if it moved when people started dumping into it, my guess is that it is for a PnD scheme
(or something similar).
CryptoObserver

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:11:56 AM

Whatever the reason is, it's clear that the wall moved back (after the price pumped a bit). No need to sell onto that wall anyway,

I didn't see at what time it moved back, but if it moved when people started dumping into it, my guess is that it is for a PnD scheme
(or something similar).

I would say real investors are starting to collect coins before the price rises.

There is some good news for Gulden and that is bittrex is the largest altcoin exchange by far as of two weeks ago. There is no need for Poloniex as most traders have moved to bittrex so please can this topic be dropped.
What does this mean for Gulden? Well it's up to the developers to deliver on PoW2 and SegSig and get some exposure so people know what's coming, the Gulden community can't hide behind the Poloniex excuse anymore for not being a top 20 coin.

Beg the devs to release this year because last years rise will be dwarfed by the amount of bitcoin on bittrex compared to last year. Great chance for Gulden to get noticed.
DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:35:35 AM

(or something similar).

I would say real investors are starting to collect coins before the price rises.

There is some good news for Gulden and that is bittrex is the largest altcoin exchange by far as of two weeks ago. There is no need for Poloniex as most traders have moved to bittrex so please can this topic be dropped.
What does this mean for Gulden? Well it's up to the developers to deliver on PoW2 and SegSig and get some exposure so people know what's coming, the Gulden community can't hide behind the Poloniex excuse anymore for not being a top 20 coin.

Beg the devs to release this year because last years rise will be dwarfed by the amount of bitcoin on bittrex compared to last year. Great chance for Gulden to get noticed.

Gulden in reality should be somewhere between Decred and Lisk on coinmarketcap but would be higher if it had more direct fiat pairings with EURO, USD, GBP which will prevent a lot of people access to the coin when this release comes. I believe the two Euro exchanges will be out before the PoW2 release and that will help a lot to put Gulden on a new pricing level.

Gulden in my prediction will be the coin for the West where bitcoin is mainly owned by the East which is why it might be a good idea not to have fiat pairings with CNY and KRW.

Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:15:20 AM

Reading between the lines of the latest dev update this month https://dev.gulden.com/august-development-update , they would of been ready if they weren't making substantial improvements to the bitcoin codebase with SegSig. It will be finished before December from what I am reading below as the dev who wrote this appears to be disappointed about the delay.

Unfortunately I must admit I underestimated the amount of work involved in doing SegSig correctly, this happened on two fronts.

1) I have been aware of some small inefficiencies in the bitcoin transaction format for quite some time and this was always on our internal roadmap and what SegSig was intended to address (other than the transaction malleability issue).

I had never spent massive amounts of time looking into the transaction format. Once I started the work to correct these small inefficiencies some other less obvious inefficiencies became apparent to me, there was a lot more scope for improvement than I thought, and as I looked into those even more appeared, and so there was a bit of feature creep.

2) Despite the changes to the transaction format itself being “relatively small” it has knock on effects for an extremely large part of the codebase, the codebase has an extensive amount of parts that make assumptions about or make use of the transaction format code and need to be adjusted for the changes, While individually these changes are easy to make, I underestimated a bit just how many of them there would be..
In terms of the multi stage upgrade, I also slightly underestimated the work involved. PoW² is already a very complex beast to implement and having the backwards compatible change complicates it a bit more. I was prepared for this but there were some unexpected ‘incompatibilities’ with the existing Bitcoin codebase that complicates this, theoretically this complication shouldn’t have existed but it’s just an implementation detail of how Bitcoin handles things – and this is unfortunately the nature of Software Development that these things happen.

V) WRAPPING UP

And so here we are, a part of me regrets not sticking to doing PoW² as a solo release, it certainly would have been easier, in the short term it would have made a lot of people happier and instead of feeling bad about “letting people down” right now I could instead be soaking up all the praise. 

However a larger part of me knows that even now with the delays this would have been the wrong thing to do, in the long term picture these delays are a very short period of time and when we are enjoying the benefits that they bring in the long term I think everyone will come to appreciate the long term game we are playing.
And so, while I am sorry there are delays and while I apologise to anyone who is disappointed by these delays I am not sorry that I have taken this decision.

While we have not released yet, the finish line is in sight and we will be there soon, stay tuned for more news to come.

bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:52:39 AM

Famous Dutch rapper post a nice snapchat to 200k followers

Today on the Snapchat of rapper boef to 200k followers

Sugaman

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:40:38 PM

Reading between the lines of the latest dev update this month https://dev.gulden.com/august-development-update , they would of been ready if they weren't making substantial improvements to the bitcoin codebase with SegSig. It will be finished before December from what I am reading below as the dev who wrote this appears to be disappointed about the delay.

Unfortunately I must admit I underestimated the amount of work involved in doing SegSig correctly, this happened on two fronts.

1) I have been aware of some small inefficiencies in the bitcoin transaction format for quite some time and this was always on our internal roadmap and what SegSig was intended to address (other than the transaction malleability issue).

I had never spent massive amounts of time looking into the transaction format. Once I started the work to correct these small inefficiencies some other less obvious inefficiencies became apparent to me, there was a lot more scope for improvement than I thought, and as I looked into those even more appeared, and so there was a bit of feature creep.

2) Despite the changes to the transaction format itself being “relatively small” it has knock on effects for an extremely large part of the codebase, the codebase has an extensive amount of parts that make assumptions about or make use of the transaction format code and need to be adjusted for the changes, While individually these changes are easy to make, I underestimated a bit just how many of them there would be..
In terms of the multi stage upgrade, I also slightly underestimated the work involved. PoW² is already a very complex beast to implement and having the backwards compatible change complicates it a bit more. I was prepared for this but there were some unexpected ‘incompatibilities’ with the existing Bitcoin codebase that complicates this, theoretically this complication shouldn’t have existed but it’s just an implementation detail of how Bitcoin handles things – and this is unfortunately the nature of Software Development that these things happen.

V) WRAPPING UP

And so here we are, a part of me regrets not sticking to doing PoW² as a solo release, it certainly would have been easier, in the short term it would have made a lot of people happier and instead of feeling bad about “letting people down” right now I could instead be soaking up all the praise. 

However a larger part of me knows that even now with the delays this would have been the wrong thing to do, in the long term picture these delays are a very short period of time and when we are enjoying the benefits that they bring in the long term I think everyone will come to appreciate the long term game we are playing.
And so, while I am sorry there are delays and while I apologise to anyone who is disappointed by these delays I am not sorry that I have taken this decision.

While we have not released yet, the finish line is in sight and we will be there soon, stay tuned for more news to come.

I told a friend about Gulden who knows crypto better then I do, the technical aspects. He says if the devs can pull this off it will be one of the top 5 biggest updates in crypto history. He also asked if the developers are anonymous and if they ditch the coin to go join a coin that has a lot more investment?
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:46:11 PM

V) WRAPPING UP

I told a friend about Gulden who knows crypto better then I do, the technical aspects. He says if the devs can pull this off it will be one of the top 5 biggest updates in crypto history. He also asked if the developers are anonymous and if they ditch the coin to go join a coin that has a lot more investment?

Dev is not anonymous  Cool
And dev will never leafs Gulden, its a coin for the future Cool
randomcash

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 02:21:37 PM

Now i REALLY like the rapper's post to his fans!

That's FREE PUBLICITY! If others start doing the same, it will be a knock out for sure. By the way, the price is getting higher. COOL! This coin has been stable for months and i just can't believe it will not wind up into the top #10.
It's one of the coins which has a real value. Not some bogus/hype crap, with nothing being it.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: