Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:12:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up gambling is not easy  (Read 54958 times)
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:23:51 AM

If you really want to stop and stay away from gambling you can do it no one and nothing can break your decision once you have made it . But if ever happens that you realized that you can't stop yourself you really need a counseling . Yeah it is hard when you are really addicted to it and if gambling is already your hobby it's like being addicted to smoking if you want to stop you need to follow the withdrawal procedure .
Well gambling is not easy for someone who has been addicted to it for a long span of time. Someone who has put his life onto it, exerted so much time, effort and especially someone who invested money. But if you really want it you will surely find a way for it, but if you don't wanna do it well for sure you'll have many excuses. Change starts within oneself.
exactly and that's almost everywhere quitting or giving up starts within ourselves for sure without the willingness to give up won't change anything even you try to stop it little by little but excuses always around especially when you are thinking that advantage is on your side and winning will be next in line so no matter how you tried but if you still have this mentality it will be so hard for anyone to give up.
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:35:53 PM

Gambling is not easy to give up when you already addicted and you do as a hobby. Try anything which keeps you busy. Its not easy it needs  how to discipline yourself and control. If you want to giving up in gambling you must move on something else. Maybe you can also focus on sports or else in other things. The best thing you do is take a break from gambling and make schedule to visit in gamble. You must aware of whats going to happen next after get in gambling. You must learn about gambling addiction and the effects.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:28:55 PM

If you really want to stop and stay away from gambling you can do it no one and nothing can break your decision once you have made it . But if ever happens that you realized that you can't stop yourself you really need a counseling . Yeah it is hard when you are really addicted to it and if gambling is already your hobby it's like being addicted to smoking if you want to stop you need to follow the withdrawal procedure .
Well gambling is not easy for someone who has been addicted to it for a long span of time. Someone who has put his life onto it, exerted so much time, effort and especially someone who invested money. But if you really want it you will surely find a way for it, but if you don't wanna do it well for sure you'll have many excuses. Change starts within oneself.
I think it has been their habit of gambling and when a habit is formed, it's hard to stop even though you were successful in doing it for a few months, it could lead to dependence again or something. If you think about it, it is really hard that you could stop something that is a part of your life already it requires hard work and mental fortitude to stop it.
Hobby is something that what people loved right?
Now the problem is how to make you did not love it anymore? There's a lot of way actually.
you could always find a reason why, such as there is an accident causing you trauma to gamble etc.
rickbig092

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:31:02 PM

Yup, to really stop gambling you need a very strong personality and ability to control yourself, as well as avoiding anything that can trigger your addiction back again, Even avoiding sport TV games if you did sport betting or card games if you did poker..
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:35:01 PM

Gambling is not easy to give up when you already addicted and you do as a hobby. Try anything which keeps you busy. Its not easy it needs  how to discipline yourself and control. If you want to giving up in gambling you must move on something else. Maybe you can also focus on sports or else in other things. The best thing you do is take a break from gambling and make schedule to visit in gamble. You must aware of whats going to happen next after get in gambling. You must learn about gambling addiction and the effects.
If we have given up on gambling is a good thing. It means that you have already started a better life. I also had not gambled some this month and I feel better, I can get better results without having to continue to lose.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:22:01 PM

Yup, to really stop gambling you need a very strong personality and ability to control yourself, as well as avoiding anything that can trigger your addiction back again, Even avoiding sport TV games if you did sport betting or card games if you did poker..

Even with all that might not be enough however some people might be able to do it. Im not going to be able to do it because Im not really going to stop even with that plus everything that I have done. In the end I will still come to gamble and that is for fun not for money so I will only use a small amount for that
Japinat

Activity: 3010
Merit: 683

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:58:50 PM

Even with all that might not be enough however some people might be able to do it. Im not going to be able to do it because Im not really going to stop even with that plus everything that I have done. In the end I will still come to gamble and that is for fun not for money so I will only use a small amount for that
We manage our own destiny so we should be responsible with it, it's true that giving up is really not that easy but it's possible if we will gonna focus on quitting but everyone has a unique approach and there are people who are really weak so it will take a long process for them before the success will come in.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
centrum

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:05:03 AM

We manage our own destiny so we should be responsible with it, it's true that giving up is really not that easy but it's possible if we will gonna focus on quitting but everyone has a unique approach and there are people who are really weak so it will take a long process for them before the success will come in.

yes. it still up to how strong is the self control of a person.. and how strong is his focus to quit and avoid gambling.. the stronger one can control himself, the better and the easier to quit.. but those who has no self control and focus on quitting, then they are the one who suffers the  most.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:26:33 AM

yes. it still up to how strong is the self control of a person.. and how strong is his focus to quit and avoid gambling.. the stronger one can control himself, the better and the easier to quit.. but those who has no self control and focus on quitting, then they are the one who suffers the  most.

Usually people will stop gambling after they experience a bad situation and hard for him to rise again with the same activity. But, honestly, to stop gambling in normal circumstances will be very difficult and each person needs his own way. A method might apply to some people and succeed, but not to others.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:53:01 AM

Usually people will stop gambling after they experience a bad situation and hard for him to rise again with the same activity. But, honestly, to stop gambling in normal circumstances will be very difficult and each person needs his own way. A method might apply to some people and succeed, but not to others.

to be clear, people will stop gambling after they lose every money in their pocket because i have bad experience in the past but i am not trying to borrow money from other people. i know in that situation, if i borrow money and continue to played, my loss will be bigger and i can not pay the money. so what i am doing is i quit from the games and leave the place but my negative feeling always said that i can win the next roll and fortunately i don't follow my feeling and just leave the place.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:57:23 AM

Regrets would really come in the end on which it would make a certain gambler to realize all his mistakes on playing gambling. If a certain person didnt experience hardship or bad consequences he would really not realize it along the way and instead of stopping to avoid things make more worse he would neglect it all the time. Realizations will happen if you dont have money in your pocket and you cant get anything anywhere you do seek out.

Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002

= jasad =

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:00:59 AM

Any method will not work for everyone. But if not tried you will not know the outcome. So whatever method you find, regardless of the method that people share with you, you should try it. We'll never know until we try.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:17:44 AM

Any method will not work for everyone. But if not tried you will not know the outcome. So whatever method you find, regardless of the method that people share with you, you should try it. We'll never know until we try.
This is true. Everyone knows the strategies will work for multiple times, but if we do not try that once we do not get to know whether it will work or not. For me it won't work who knows for you, it may work right. So don't underestimate any strategies just try once and see the result. But trust your own strategies don't believe others plan blindly.
geniabelty

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:40:29 AM

All vices are not that easy to give up, most likely when you get addicted on it. Just to share, I have some relatives and friends who really are addicted to gambling. Which at some point, they almost lost everything including their family, house, car, and money. I'm aware how this kind of addiction can destroy once life. After a life changing moment in their life, they decided to give up gambling. But let's face it, It's really hard. I saw how they adapt to changes and  trust me it's quite unwell. Since, I have a friend who is a psychiatrist. I recommend some of my relatives and closest friend to attend or to enroll in the rehab program designed for addict gamblers. It will took years before this vice be out of our system. But, patience is a virtue.

If you really are willing to give it up, then prove it not to others but to yourself. Set goals and let your love ones be your inspiration. The rehab program is just a tool to help you, but if you yourself doesn't want to help yourself. Then the program is useless. Don't rush the process, I know it's hard since I saw my relatives and friends suffer but in the end they succeed. Trust the process and in time gambling will be out in your system.

siti25

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:46:57 AM

Not easy but not impossible. As long as you have a strong intention to stop gambling and strong and unyielding efforts, you can definitely stop gambling. But stop gambling will not be done in a short time. And most people who fail in their attempt to stop gambling is because they stop trying half way. In other words, they have not failed, just stop fighting.

I have strong intention to stop but trust me it is not easy to stop just like that. I have tried alot of thing but it is not really working that is why Im still playing. I dont regret my decision to keep playing but atleast I can control myself right now as I dont care anymore about the result and only play for fun

One of the things I'm saying is you're just not patient in doing it. To stop gambling takes no time, so you must be patient in doing so. When you feel like a failure, you do not completely fail, you just lack patience and stop trying.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄███████▀▀███████▄▄
     ▄██████▀▀      ▀▀██████▄
   ▄████▀▀              ▀▀████▄
  ████        ▄▄███▄▄       ████
 ▐████      ▄█████████▄     ████▌
 █████     ████▀   ▀▀█▀     █████
 █████    ▐███              █████
 █████    ▐███▄      ▄      █████
 █████     ▀████▄▄▄████     █████
 ▐████       ▀███████▀      ████▌
  ▀███▄▄        ▀▀▀       ▄▄███▀
    ▀█████▄▄          ▄▄█████▀
      ▀███████▄▄  ▄▄███████▀
         ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀

████
                       ▄▀██
                     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄▄▄
                   ▄█▀    ███████
                 ▄█▀      ███████
               ▄█▀        ███████
     ▀█▄▄    ▄█▀  ▄█████▄ ███████
        ▀▀█▄█▀    ███████ ███████
  ▄█████▄         ███████ ███████
  ███████ ▄█████▄ ███████ ███████
  ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:27:56 PM

Not easy but not impossible. As long as you have a strong intention to stop gambling and strong and unyielding efforts, you can definitely stop gambling. But stop gambling will not be done in a short time. And most people who fail in their attempt to stop gambling is because they stop trying half way. In other words, they have not failed, just stop fighting.

I have strong intention to stop but trust me it is not easy to stop just like that. I have tried alot of thing but it is not really working that is why Im still playing. I dont regret my decision to keep playing but atleast I can control myself right now as I dont care anymore about the result and only play for fun

One of the things I'm saying is you're just not patient in doing it. To stop gambling takes no time, so you must be patient in doing so. When you feel like a failure, you do not completely fail, you just lack patience and stop trying.

If you easily give up and not have the patience or will power to stop, then definitely it gonna be hard. I'm not an addicted gambler so I haven't really felt what one does but for sure there is really a way to stop or quit totally. But it must begin from the mind of a gambler, If his mind is weak so its gonna be really hard to quit. But if he has the mental strength to really quit and says to himself that 'today i will quit it', then its gonna be easy. IMHO.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 08:52:41 PM

It's one of everyone's problem to quit gambling but at first it's not going to be an easy thing. You need to be dedicated too if you want to quit gambling, it's a challenge in the first place. Temptation is there because if you plan to quit gambling and you are seeing people who are winning good amount, it's going to be attractive to you.

kittycat54448

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:05:39 PM

Try to replace the gambling with something else.  I suggest watching a movie, going for a walk or even meditation!  I know it can be hard but eventually you'll get there.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:57:21 PM

Try to replace the gambling with something else.  I suggest watching a movie, going for a walk or even meditation!  I know it can be hard but eventually you'll get there.

It is really hard especially for the ones who has the addiction in gambling. When a addict gambler, suddenly stop from gambling, I think it will not be an effective way give up gambling. You first be aware of how addicted you are, you must admit it first so you can push yourself depends on how addicted are you, though it really takes sometime.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:24:35 PM

You have a good ideas in the place of gambling, but it's too hard for them, I mean people who addicted in gambling, even to the normal gambler. So quitting gambling it's not easy as we think. So people find that hard, because they are too type of them.
Few gamblers want to be rich and they always do gambling without any limitation, and other who always loss, and they want to recover the lost money.
Both of them, they will be addicted and the problem is here.

Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: