Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up gambling is not easy  (Read 54958 times)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:46:27 PM

really?? giving in gambling is easy? Honestly I've only ever heard people say that, as far as I know many gamblers do not want to take giving in gambling because too many rules and surely you will face obstacles when you want to request a withdraw.

It is not easy , it is a very ahrd thing to do. I can only say that when people say that it is easy, that means the person is not heavily addicted yet so he can let go of it easily. When someone is heavily addicted like me than doing that kind of thing will be hard. The only way is to gamble for fun with small amount

I'm not addicted to gambling for now, but I heard that everyone becomes more or less addicted to it with time. And I think if I will be a gambling addict one day I'll use your advice. It's not like I see this for the first time, of course I've seen similar ideas many times on this forum, and as long as many gamblers say the same thing I think it makes sense to listen to it.
Listening on someones advice is really a worth thing and you are right its being mentioned already times on this forum but those advices will only applicable on person do have strong discipline and awareness to themselves but when the time that those people who give advice get addicted im sure they will surely have a hard time on applying those advices that he said to other people.

Yeah, sometimes we don't see right and wrong in our own views because we are clouded with either fear, guilt, arrogance and greed. Listening to others opinion is refreshing and it clears your head a bit and you realize what is truly right from wrong.

Thanks for your support guys! That's why I think it is not pointless to repeat the same thing again and again when it's true. Gambling is a big problem for many people and for their families and if a good solution is found it should be repeated many times to be seen by many.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:50:25 PM

really?? giving in gambling is easy? Honestly I've only ever heard people say that, as far as I know many gamblers do not want to take giving in gambling because too many rules and surely you will face obstacles when you want to request a withdraw.

It is not easy , it is a very ahrd thing to do. I can only say that when people say that it is easy, that means the person is not heavily addicted yet so he can let go of it easily. When someone is heavily addicted like me than doing that kind of thing will be hard. The only way is to gamble for fun with small amount

I'm not addicted to gambling for now, but I heard that everyone becomes more or less addicted to it with time. And I think if I will be a gambling addict one day I'll use your advice. It's not like I see this for the first time, of course I've seen similar ideas many times on this forum, and as long as many gamblers say the same thing I think it makes sense to listen to it.
Listening on someones advice is really a worth thing and you are right its being mentioned already times on this forum but those advices will only applicable on person do have strong discipline and awareness to themselves but when the time that those people who give advice get addicted im sure they will surely have a hard time on applying those advices that he said to other people.
i think we are listening advises all the time from our elders, but i think the difficult is to apply, we just listen the advise from one ear and pass it out through the other ear, i think one of the most difficult job is to practically adopt and accept the advises, some time we we even know about some thing that is not good n our favour but still we keep on going and not even try to stop it, that is all  because that we are addicted and find it hard to stop it.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:14:00 PM

It is hard to do it and if you can do it that means your addiction is not as bad as mine yet. I cant control my desire to play that is why I still play until today however I control the amount of bankroll that I use. I dont have to worry as well that I may lose everything because I only use a spare amount to play everytime
[/quote]

At least you are still trying to overcome your addiction in gambling, I know a lot who's been "YOLO-ing" their monthly pays to gamble and ends up loaning from a friend or neighbor to buy groceries because he lost all of his pay when he got addicted to one gambling site.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 08:09:54 PM

I tried to quit gambling for good but since im in campaign everytime i received payment from the campaign i can't let my self not to place bets even small bets till i play for long time i can't imagine the money i lose because of gambling how if i stocked them all in my account like web wallet do maybe i will start next month.
Why don't you just get your money in fiat then and have it in cash if you cannot control yourself online?
If it's that much of a problem you really need to work on your self-control.

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:39:17 AM

I tried to quit gambling for good but since im in campaign everytime i received payment from the campaign i can't let my self not to place bets even small bets till i play for long time i can't imagine the money i lose because of gambling how if i stocked them all in my account like web wallet do maybe i will start next month.
Why don't you just get your money in fiat then and have it in cash if you cannot control yourself online?
You have the idea ,result and analysis about what happens in the end so the only thing you can do is to reflect on that how will you change your ways of spending your money .
I Agree on Eternalgloom that to convert it into fiat will maybe a help fpr you not to spend bitcoins in a gambling sites or just use a wallet then don't try to limit yourself not to cashout any amount on that wallet just like a bank.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:27:22 AM

Of course its not easy to give up at your comfort zone and specially when you sometimes gain profit when you're lucky. Giving up needs determination and divert youself on other activities like shifting to other hobby like in entertainment like singing or dance lessons, maybe there's a talent of yours to be discovered.
Of course its not easy to give up at your comfort zone and specially when you sometimes gain profit when you're lucky. Giving up needs determination and divert youself on other activities like shifting to other hobby like in entertainment like singing or dance lessons, maybe there's a talent of yours to be discovered.

good diversion really needs strong will, giving up to something that you already makes a part of your daily activities would need determination
and gambling really bringing so much fun like what you have said if you are lucky and gaining some wins with an easy way it would take more
time to be able to quit.
It's easy to say that you should stop in gambling but it's defenitely difficult to do as you can't control yourself. In the other view, gambling is fun if you're winning on your bet however it's sad on the other side when you lose. Hence, you can't certainly say that gamblimg is fun since what you do intend in gambling is to earn money, not just to make it fun because if it were so, thou must play video games.
Yeah right, all the gambler said that he/she want to stop but still play a lot. The reason why it is hard to do is how they manage there time and divide it to other things. Like sports, exercises and bonding with families. This will help to control of being addicted in gambling.

Since it is not easy to stop just play in small amount of money then if it will lose play for another day. Your reason is for entertaining your wants.

We need to realize at the end that gambling gives a bad and good effect even we always win and lose of money.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:11:38 AM

yes it is not easy for us to let go what we have been addicted or love for many year or for more many nights of gambling. take gambling as a challenge or as a mind game, so that you will enjoy earning and you will be fun playing it. or if you want gamble when you dont have to do take it as your past time, dont get too attached give yourself time too.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:12:55 AM

You have the idea ,result and analysis about what happens in the end so the only thing you can do is to reflect on that how will you change your ways of spending your money .
I Agree on Eternalgloom that to convert it into fiat will maybe a help fpr you not to spend bitcoins in a gambling sites or just use a wallet then don't try to limit yourself not to cashout any amount on that wallet just like a bank.
yep you gamble because you have btc and the best solution is by convert it to fiat so even if you make a wallet it will only make you gamble  like in directbet that does not require an account to gambling. maybe also be able to use a wallet whose transaction fee is 0.001 btc example bittrex.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
alphablitzer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:01:39 AM

Some people wanted to play gambling for fun, I also play gambling for fun, but I know some personalities that there are also competing gaming because they desired to earn money, but in the end, they will become broke. There are a lot of individuals being curious because of gambling or how rich people become rich because of gambling. I don't know exactly why rich people become rich because of gambling, but one thing is for sure, we need to have limitations in gaming, not only in gambling but also in other things but in gambling we need to limit ourselves so that we cannot lose much money in the end.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:43:31 AM

Some people wanted to play gambling for fun, I also play gambling for fun, but I know some personalities that there are also competing gaming because they desired to earn money, but in the end, they will become broke. There are a lot of individuals being curious because of gambling or how rich people become rich because of gambling. I don't know exactly why rich people become rich because of gambling, but one thing is for sure, we need to have limitations in gaming, not only in gambling but also in other things but in gambling we need to limit ourselves so that we cannot lose much money in the end.

these people whi become rich are extremely few and the numbers of those who went bankrupt is way higher. if you already are at a stage when you look for gambling every single day that you lose focus on your daily life, then you may already need psychological assistance. it's all in your mind, the need for money, the craving to gamble. this in the long run may ruin your life so better have that in mind if you're thinking about giving up gambling

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Joshua101101

Activity: 378

https://saturn.black

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:37:20 AM

these people whi become rich are extremely few and the numbers of those who went bankrupt is way higher. if you already are at a stage when you look for gambling every single day that you lose focus on your daily life, then you may already need psychological assistance. it's all in your mind, the need for money, the craving to gamble. this in the long run may ruin your life so better have that in mind if you're thinking about giving up gambling

Personally, I do not know in real life a single person who managed to get rich with the help of gambling and receive a steady income. I have many acquaintances who just lost money on this hobby.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
nethan1btc

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:11:22 AM

Yeah that's right we should limit ourselves in gambling in order to avoid wasting money and everyone knews that, the fun from playing gambling is our struggle to do is to give it up. Despite of the fun from playing, still it happens that you became more aggressive in playing betting games behind all lucky profit that you might get from it. It's not easy at all to stay away from the passion that you've getting involved with, so you must manage your time playing and reduce the daily amount that you're going to bet.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:23:54 AM

It's your duty that you need to save the payment that you are receiving from campaign. And you should be responsible for it because if you are not going to save it for good, you can buy whatever you want in the future but if you will going to keep on using that payment for gambling. You will surely have a hard way to quit.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:29:37 AM

Personally, I do not know in real life a single person who managed to get rich with the help of gambling and receive a steady income. I have many acquaintances who just lost money on this hobby.

None of us probably know but there will atleast be someone who is rich from gambling. You cant really deny the fact that there is a chance to be rich in gambling. Some people are lucky enough in their life compared with the others. Well actually some are totally risk taker compared to the average person out there
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:41:53 AM

The most important part is gambling can win you instant and fast money. But in long term you are most likely to encounter loss. Person shouldn't make gambling overpower them. You should set a limit to amount that you can gamble. You should bet amount that you can afford to lose. Moreover, the best way to stay away from gambling is to find some other hobby to keep yourself busy or talk to people whom you like. Person should learn to be satisfied in what he earns. Easy money is most likely to ruin you. Easy money hardly stays.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:35:35 AM

The most important part is gambling can win you instant and fast money. Easy money is most likely to ruin you. Easy money hardly stays.
Some main reasons why it gets hard for people to give up gambling. They think it easy, instant and fast money. They end up losing their initial deposit. They think they can get back what they lost very easily and then ends up suffering from more losses. And that's how the cycle goes on and find it hard to give up their gambling addiction.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:43:15 AM

This is also like giving up smoking, but gambling can give hope for a big win and it's even more difficult to quit than smoking Grin

Cazkys

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:59:51 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 03:00:29 PM by Cazkys

This is also like giving up smoking, but gambling can give hope for a big win and it's even more difficult to quit than smoking Grin

If you're into gambling it's really hard to give up unless you bet all your wealth and nothing will remain that's the  time perhaps you will stop for the meantime. Be distracted and engaged  in some activities, gambling is not the only answer. Big wins will make you more entice by gambling, be sure if you win a huge amount of money never gambling, but I doubt.  
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:01:24 AM

Gambling is not that bad as smoking. Smoking cause health issues, but gambling ruins the living standards if unlucky. Smoking doesn't have any limitations, smoking itself simply not at all necessary for a healthy living. With gambling addiction is a major problem which can be overcome easily if user realize the loss that happened in terms of money and time.

jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:52:24 AM

Hmm. It depends on the person, there are smokers that did have enough time to quit smoking but it is not difficult for them.

Because they know what will the benefit of it if they are not going to surrender themselves and stop gambling.

But I know how it feels if someone wants to quit gambling for real.

Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: