Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:19:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890776 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:08:02 PM

Allthough I believe Stratis is a great platform that will make blockchain integration easy and practical for businesses, what will be the main usecase for the token (outside of staking/masternodes?)?

I'm not sure what will end up being the main utility for the Strat coin, but these are some of the things it will be used for:

1) Funding sidechains. In order to use a sidechain, Strat must be sent to the sidechain federation. In return, sidechain coins will be released to the sidechain user. The Strat is locked up until the sidechain coins are sent back to the federation, at which point the Strat will be redeemed by the user.

2) As gas for smart contracts. Stratis has a similar gas solution to Ethereum in that the gas is the coins of the chain to which the smart contracts are deployed. So in order to use a smart contract which is deployed to the Stratis mainchain, the user must spend some Strat as gas. Similarly, to use a smart contract deployed to one of Stratis's sidechains (which is where most smart contracts will be deployed) you must spend some sidechain coin as gas. Since this sidechain coin is pegged to Strat (via the cross-chain relationship above), this translates to utility for Strat itself: you need Strat in order to receive sidechain coins with which to use smart contracts (UX of this process need not be so technical, this is just the underlying economy).

3) As received funds through the ICO Platform. The Stratis ICO Platform allows investors to invest in an ICO using all of the major cryptocurrencies (something like 50+ of the most liquid coins). Any of these currencies which are not Strat or BTC will be automatically converted into Strat via Changelly. Changelly automatically buys Strat from exchanges with the other currencies. Projects can receive up to 400 BTC as well, which is to help alleviate the impact on the Strat markets of projects liquidating funds to pay for development post-ICO. Besides this BTC, the projects running ICOs/STOs through the ICO Platform will receive Strat.

Then there are specific use cases which are periphery to the core platform. For example, Strat is used to perform attestations in Stratis Identity. Those kinds of utilities are for applications built on top of the Stratis Platform, so who knows what utilities could be dreamt up, which is why I'm not really including them in what I think of as the core utilities for Strat.

May as well take a punt at what could be the main use case for Strat. If I had to make a guess, I'd probably go for "funding sidechains". The smart contracts will be deployed to a PoA sidechain network which is coming out this month. To use these smart contracts, Strat will have to be locked up in return for the sidechain coins. These coins will in turn be used as gas for the smart contracts. Even the token issuing contracts alone could see a lot of Strat being used for funding sidechains.

if the ICO's that are built on strat see significant advantages compared to ethereum, I'm guessing we'll see a massive usecase in the stratcoin that way, but like you said i think all of them will play a part in the success of the token

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrZ28s

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:29:58 AM

Allthough I believe Stratis is a great platform that will make blockchain integration easy and practical for businesses, what will be the main usecase for the token (outside of staking/masternodes?)?

I'm not sure what will end up being the main utility for the Strat coin, but these are some of the things it will be used for:

1) Funding sidechains. In order to use a sidechain, Strat must be sent to the sidechain federation. In return, sidechain coins will be released to the sidechain user. The Strat is locked up until the sidechain coins are sent back to the federation, at which point the Strat will be redeemed by the user.

2) As gas for smart contracts. Stratis has a similar gas solution to Ethereum in that the gas is the coins of the chain to which the smart contracts are deployed. So in order to use a smart contract which is deployed to the Stratis mainchain, the user must spend some Strat as gas. Similarly, to use a smart contract deployed to one of Stratis's sidechains (which is where most smart contracts will be deployed) you must spend some sidechain coin as gas. Since this sidechain coin is pegged to Strat (via the cross-chain relationship above), this translates to utility for Strat itself: you need Strat in order to receive sidechain coins with which to use smart contracts (UX of this process need not be so technical, this is just the underlying economy).

3) As received funds through the ICO Platform. The Stratis ICO Platform allows investors to invest in an ICO using all of the major cryptocurrencies (something like 50+ of the most liquid coins). Any of these currencies which are not Strat or BTC will be automatically converted into Strat via Changelly. Changelly automatically buys Strat from exchanges with the other currencies. Projects can receive up to 400 BTC as well, which is to help alleviate the impact on the Strat markets of projects liquidating funds to pay for development post-ICO. Besides this BTC, the projects running ICOs/STOs through the ICO Platform will receive Strat.

Then there are specific use cases which are periphery to the core platform. For example, Strat is used to perform attestations in Stratis Identity. Those kinds of utilities are for applications built on top of the Stratis Platform, so who knows what utilities could be dreamt up, which is why I'm not really including them in what I think of as the core utilities for Strat.

May as well take a punt at what could be the main use case for Strat. If I had to make a guess, I'd probably go for "funding sidechains". The smart contracts will be deployed to a PoA sidechain network which is coming out this month. To use these smart contracts, Strat will have to be locked up in return for the sidechain coins. These coins will in turn be used as gas for the smart contracts. Even the token issuing contracts alone could see a lot of Strat being used for funding sidechains.

if the ICO's that are built on strat see significant advantages compared to ethereum, I'm guessing we'll see a massive usecase in the stratcoin that way, but like you said i think all of them will play a part in the success of the token

Now that the crypto market is struggling it would be a real tough test for Stratis to survive and see if the team will continue to hold on and keeps working it. Some projects already gave up and hopefully this one remains.
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:03:24 PM

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1070724562617319424

A new update from our Smart Contracts team by @Rowan

Hey everyone,

A new SC test network is live now - v0.13.0-beta.  This release brings our testnet in line with the latest SC and FN code, which includes a lot of changes, improvements and bug fixes.

Check out the the sc/v0.13.0-beta branch on GitHub: https://github.com/stratisproject/StratisBitcoinFullNode/tree/sc/v0.13.0-beta

You shouldn't have to clear any old data, as we've configured the network to use a new folder name, however you will need to recreate your wallets.

We've added several new nodes to the network too - you can connect to these using dotnet run -- -addnode=stratis.smartcontracts.pw -addnode=52.189.213.175 -addnode=52.187.247.137

Finally, docs are not fully updated yet (we're working on that), but feel free to ping us here with any questions.

Major SC Changelog:
- Move to PoA network architecture
- Add support for IStandardToken
- Change Address implementation
- Improvements to receipts
- Changes to gas accounting
- Additional validation rules
- Improve transaction serialization
- Finalize method param types
- Add serialization support
- Fix bug with issuing refunds
- Add ability to execute calls locally
- Add memory limits
- Various API structure changes

Also, here's a video walking through setting up a node, creating a wallet, getting funds, and deploying and interacting with a smart contract.
https://youtu.be/6PgcwuHDdms
99shitcoins

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:02:28 PM

.000003 low.

Now the whales are ditching this crap, order book doesnt have enough willing buyers for this crap coin so the price actually tanked to $.01 lmaooooo.

Feel bad for the fools calling $15 eoy, including mods. Here comes $.10.

Told ya guys, shitcoin is a shitcoin Wink.
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:14:11 PM

.000003 low.

Now the whales are ditching this crap, order book doesnt have enough willing buyers for this crap coin so the price actually tanked to $.01 lmaooooo.

Feel bad for the fools calling $15 eoy, including mods. Here comes $.10.

Told ya guys, shitcoin is a shitcoin Wink.

I would like to wait for this moment to let's see how this prediction will work. It is very easy to predict it could fall more deep when situation is still bearish but this is still most promising project and worth to buy dip.
99shitcoins

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:47:54 PM

No, dont buy the dip. Youll never see $1 again.
JerryPower

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 08:58:36 AM

can't believe i fellfor this scamcoin
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

It is early 2017 again but Stratis has gone a very long way in terms of Development.  So as for those WHO fomo like me, let US wait for the bottom then we rake cheap Stratis coins.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 09:47:19 AM

New website has more professional look and when landing page lets impression of easiness. What I want to say is, you don't feel that you reached at something complicated by point of view of someone with basic knowledge about blockchain. That update with advancement on smart contracts in those mentioned areas is something interesting. I would like to remind those panicked already quality project with good support are here to stay. It isn't hard to see projects with future.
Acetmesis

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:29:06 PM

Now that the crypto market is struggling it would be a real tough test for Stratis to survive and see if the team will continue to hold on and keeps working it. Some projects already gave up and hopefully this one remains.

With version 1 of the Stratis Platform just around the corner, they will begin to generate revenue and move away from relying on the funding they received from the ICO + allocation of Strat post-ICO. I know that the goal is to become independent from those funds, hence the consultancy, premium services etc. Management seem confident they can achieve this.
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:41:17 PM

No, dont buy the dip. Youll never see $1 again.

That is very legit comment maybe this guy have more deep knowledge than anybody. I have totally different thought about this coin I think this is good chance to make entry with safe position.
JerryPower

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:00:40 PM

If strat whole usecase is "we do ico's" then they are doomed. ICO's are 90% scams and SEC is cracking down hard.
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

If strat whole usecase is "we do ico's" then they are doomed. ICO's are 90% scams and SEC is cracking down hard.

It's way more than that.

Have a read -> https://medium.com/@acetmesis/why-im-excited-about-the-stratis-platform-from-an-investment-perspective-3034da691097
Acetmesis

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 12:11:25 PM

Main focus is enterprise blockchain solutions. Even large to enterprise companies get seduced by "easy funding", so the Stratis ICO Platform is catering to those that are, but it's periphery to the core platform
JerryPower

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 08:40:54 PM

It's way more than that.

Have a read -> https://medium.com/@acetmesis/why-im-excited-about-the-stratis-platform-from-an-investment-perspective-3034da691097

"Smart Contracts, SIDECHAINS, MASTERNODES, ICO PLATFORM" yup that's a shitcoin
buta

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:03:43 AM

It's way more than that.

Retarded guy.
99shitcoins

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:15:49 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2018, 04:23:10 AM by 99shitcoins

JerryPower

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:47:32 AM

It's way more than that.

Retarded guy.

Note the death wick on Binance Dec 6th daily chart with your gigantic brain.
Acetmesis

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:12:12 PM

It's way more than that.

Retarded guy.

Note the death wick on Binance Dec 6th daily chart with your gigantic brain.

I'd be happy to go over any criticisms you have about Stratis with you. I'm sure it would be good for both of us
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:30:53 PM

Has there been any more chatter about further MasterNode tiers? Maybe in one of the chat channels? It's not on the roadmap but I was wondering if this plan is still in the works? Is there also a closer ETA to Stratis Cold Staking?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 ... 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: