Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | STRATIS | The first blockchain developed for businesses |Full POS  (Read 1890780 times)
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:39:19 PM

How will 50k MN spots be allocated, surely there will be more people wanting to run a 50k MN than will be available, only 18, correct?

19 of them (has to be an odd number). When asked this question, Chris said that there would be a selection process for the 50k nodes and that older, known members of the community would be chosen first, with any free spaces going to other applicants on a first come, first serve basis. These particular Masternodes need to be online 24/7 and with a lowish number the Authority aspect of Proof of Authority (where you are putting your identity on the line as well as the collateral) matters more than with a large number of Masternodes. Moreover, it seems to me that the 50k masternodes will receive the same income as the 10k masternodes (don't hold me to this, I don't know this for sure), so 50k masternode operators will need a reason above and beyond the income for running one. Thus they will be choosing people who they can be quite certain will be able to maintain a node 24/7 and who will be happy to front the 50k collateral when they could receive a better ROI from a 10k node. This is more likely to be true of larger holders than smaller holders, and larger holders are in turn more likely to be earlier investors.

The plan is to introduce dynamic membership for these 50k masternodes as well. This would change the selection process completely, and allow anyone to run a 50k masternode, so long as there was a spot available. There are plans to increase the number of available spots, so it may well be possible for anyone to operate a 50k node whenever they want down the line.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I hope they take into account staking record too, not just known members of the community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Acetmesis

Activity: 74
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 06:34:33 PM

How will 50k MN spots be allocated, surely there will be more people wanting to run a 50k MN than will be available, only 18, correct?

19 of them (has to be an odd number). When asked this question, Chris said that there would be a selection process for the 50k nodes and that older, known members of the community would be chosen first, with any free spaces going to other applicants on a first come, first serve basis. These particular Masternodes need to be online 24/7 and with a lowish number the Authority aspect of Proof of Authority (where you are putting your identity on the line as well as the collateral) matters more than with a large number of Masternodes. Moreover, it seems to me that the 50k masternodes will receive the same income as the 10k masternodes (don't hold me to this, I don't know this for sure), so 50k masternode operators will need a reason above and beyond the income for running one. Thus they will be choosing people who they can be quite certain will be able to maintain a node 24/7 and who will be happy to front the 50k collateral when they could receive a better ROI from a 10k node. This is more likely to be true of larger holders than smaller holders, and larger holders are in turn more likely to be earlier investors.

The plan is to introduce dynamic membership for these 50k masternodes as well. This would change the selection process completely, and allow anyone to run a 50k masternode, so long as there was a spot available. There are plans to increase the number of available spots, so it may well be possible for anyone to operate a 50k node whenever they want down the line.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I hope they take into account staking record too, not just known members of the community.

That's a cool idea, I'll pass on the suggestion to the team and see what they say
sisquo2121

Activity: 127
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 07:34:59 PM

Most of these coins are disappointing. They make big promises and don't deliver.  This coin is probably no different. It'll keep hovering in the 24K sat range for years before it goes up in price.  The same idiots with every coin will tell you to hold the coin while it clearly is not making any money for anyone.

Frankly, most of us don't give a flying fuck about the coin itself. We want the price to go up. I'm not in this to care about the coins technology. Most of these coins are piles of garbage and their only function is make me money, that's it.  I'm not going to hold a coin very long if it doesn't make me money. This whole concept of mass adoption is a farce. That won't happen for years so why even bring that up.

Investors want to make money. Or more specifically, they want to sell their investment to someone else at a higher price than they themselves paid for it. It would be irresponsible to oneself to be an investor in a cryptocurrency and not "care about the coins technology". There's one simple reason for this: scarcity mechanisms. Some coins have them, some coins don't. Scarcity is what drives the price of a coin up or down, and it is our job as investors to understand what induces scarcity (if we want to take this job seriously). These tend to fall into two camps: speculation induced and utility induced. The speculative side of things is pretty easy to understand: people buy in thinking it will go up (for whatever reason), this in turn inducing scarcity. The utility side of things is a little more involved, but tends to be pretty easy to break down.

The Stratis Platform incorporates scarcity inducing mechanisms into pretty much every service available in the suite of features which make it up (excluding the DLT, which has no direct impact on the scarcity of Strat). I wrote this FAQ a while back in an attempt to give investors one easy place to learn about these scarcity mechanisms and why they are important to investors: https://stratisfaq.com/. Some of the info is out of date and there are new scarcity considerations in place, what with the sidechain masternodes and other more recent developments. However, the bulk of the info is still absolutely relevant.

Masternodes are a gimmick that mean nothing. Give the investors something to make the price go up, because its all about making money. We're not part of the development team and have no vested interest in this coin other than to make money. Do something to make its price go up. Launch a partnership with a major bank , or develop some outstanding smart contracts. Tell us it's the fastest coin on the market. Something to make people want to invest in it. Masternodes are not going to do anything to move the price. Do something important !!!!
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 08:57:53 PM

Most of these coins are disappointing. They make big promises and don't deliver.  This coin is probably no different. It'll keep hovering in the 24K sat range for years before it goes up in price.  The same idiots with every coin will tell you to hold the coin while it clearly is not making any money for anyone.

Frankly, most of us don't give a flying fuck about the coin itself. We want the price to go up. I'm not in this to care about the coins technology. Most of these coins are piles of garbage and their only function is make me money, that's it.  I'm not going to hold a coin very long if it doesn't make me money. This whole concept of mass adoption is a farce. That won't happen for years so why even bring that up.

Investors want to make money. Or more specifically, they want to sell their investment to someone else at a higher price than they themselves paid for it. It would be irresponsible to oneself to be an investor in a cryptocurrency and not "care about the coins technology". There's one simple reason for this: scarcity mechanisms. Some coins have them, some coins don't. Scarcity is what drives the price of a coin up or down, and it is our job as investors to understand what induces scarcity (if we want to take this job seriously). These tend to fall into two camps: speculation induced and utility induced. The speculative side of things is pretty easy to understand: people buy in thinking it will go up (for whatever reason), this in turn inducing scarcity. The utility side of things is a little more involved, but tends to be pretty easy to break down.

The Stratis Platform incorporates scarcity inducing mechanisms into pretty much every service available in the suite of features which make it up (excluding the DLT, which has no direct impact on the scarcity of Strat). I wrote this FAQ a while back in an attempt to give investors one easy place to learn about these scarcity mechanisms and why they are important to investors: https://stratisfaq.com/. Some of the info is out of date and there are new scarcity considerations in place, what with the sidechain masternodes and other more recent developments. However, the bulk of the info is still absolutely relevant.

Masternodes are a gimmick that mean nothing. Give the investors something to make the price go up, because its all about making money. We're not part of the development team and have no vested interest in this coin other than to make money. Do something to make its price go up. Launch a partnership with a major bank , or develop some outstanding smart contracts. Tell us it's the fastest coin on the market. Something to make people want to invest in it. Masternodes are not going to do anything to move the price. Do something important !!!!

I think you should talk for yourself and if you're buying cryptos without even knowing what they are and why they should rise in price I think you are hardly going to make any money... You better go back to pump and dump groups on twitter or telegram, Grin or maybe play some ethereum scam doublers or buy  thousands of lottery tickets, you will be doing better for sure  Wink

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
sisquo2121

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 09:20:08 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2019, 09:34:02 PM by sisquo2121

I think you should talk for yourself and if you're buying cryptos without even knowing what they are and why they should rise in price I think you are hardly going to make any money... You better go back to pump and dump groups on twitter or telegram, Grin or maybe play some ethereum scam doublers or buy  thousands of lottery tickets, you will be doing better for sure  Wink

I know what makes a coin rise in price. It has a use out there. It can be used to buy and sell goods. It can be used in smart contracts. It is very secure and fast. People will actually use it because its good. It has partnerships with major companies.

I've invested in coins for years. This coin needs to come up with some major announcement, not promote masternodes or boxing events, something that makes people want to invest in it.

Bitcoin is number one when it comes to any coins price. If bitcoin isnt going up nothing goes up unless the coin comes out with some major news to push its price.

Bengash

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 09:27:57 AM

Yes most of masternodes are gimmicks but these ones are meant to support the network and make it secure, give gas for smart contracts so youre a bit wrong here...
Maybe you should do some research before talking shit about stuff you dont even know... Smiley
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:29:06 AM

That's a cool idea, I'll pass on the suggestion to the team and see what they say

Thanks! I've been staking since the ICO with +90% up-time but the devs wouldn't know me, but the network knows my staking address!
Acetmesis

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:10:25 AM

Check out the scarcity sections of the FAQ: https://stratisfaq.com/the-value-of-cryptocurrencies/#what_changes_a_cryptocurrencys_value_over_time. As you say, you're not "part of the development team and have no vested interest in this coin other than to make money", and as such it is your responsibility to yourself to understand how the technology impacts the price and why (tl;dr mechanisms built into the tech induce scarcity, scarcity in turn informs the price of a thing because availability vs demand).

Hopefully those FAQ sections will help, and if there's anything that's not clear or you feel is incorrect, feel free to ask any questions or give any criticisms.

Here's where you're going wrong with the Masternodes:

"Masternodes are a gimmick". Sidechains are the principle feature of the Stratis Platform and will be the basic second layer for the whole ecosystem, enabling non-trivial applications and scaling. These Masternodes enable the sidechains to be non-centralised, something which we all know is important in crypto. They're not a gimmick; the Masternodes are a solution to a problem.

"Masternodes ... mean nothing". Like you said, the goal of an investor is to make money. One common way of doing this is to sell your investment to someone else at a higher price than you paid for it. If you want to be a good investor, then you need to understand what will make the price of your investment go up (see the scarcity section of the FAQ above). These Masternodes directly play into the coin economics of Strat in two ways. 1) they induce scarcity by locking Strat out of supply through their collateral requirements and 2) they receive an income, incentivising operation of Masternodes, driving demand for the operation of Masternodes, this in turn bringing demand-induced scarcity to Strat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should only look to the built in scarcity-inducing mechanisms in the tech of Stratis Platform to push up the price! As you imply, big news induces scarcity too! Speculation is a powerful scarcity driver and definitely the easiest concept to grasp: "big news makes the price go up!", without even having to go into how news makes the price go up (hint: demand-induced scarcity driven by speculation). Fortunately, building out the Masternodes wasn't done at the cost of some big partnership, or any other piece of news that you are after. There isn't someone at Stratis Group Ltd going "OK guys, we've got to choose between delivering Masternodes and making a partnership with a big bank, since for some reason the two are mutually exclusive...".
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 04:06:37 PM

https://twitter.com/stratisplatform/status/1100063808817688578

Khilone7

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 04:50:54 PM

Stratis Weekly #59

https://medium.com/khilone/the-unofficial-weekly-stratis-retrospect-59-khilone-7f00d444ef81

Khilone7

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 05:49:22 PM

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1100090214490537984

Stratis @stratisplatform and their #ICO Platform on @Azure discussed by @IvanOnTech in his latest video "BULLS WAKING UP: MICROSOFT TOKEN PLATFORM LAUNCH"

Have a look here from 04:32-> https://t.co/h7qsF0nvgX

#Stratis $STRAT #StratisPlatform #Microsoft #Azure
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 07:10:30 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 07:37:25 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Awesome definition of this project this is under deep sleep so let's when this will be awaken from this. It's pending rally so it will make its way very soon.
Khilone7

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 02:50:41 PM

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1100407608375074817

Khilone7

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 03:38:51 PM

https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1100419744598016001

Khilone7

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:07:20 PM

https://twitter.com/crypto_copia/status/1100440703115632644

Full-time #crypto trader @cryptomichNL sees $STRAT crushing it during the next bull market 🐂

What do you think? Let us know & don't forget to watch the highlights from last week's #AMA 📺🎥

----> https://youtu.be/pT0lXo6TQFw
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 06:36:09 PM

Stratis is also caught in cycle of hard times and waiting for market to come out of uncertainty. I used this word instead of bearish for market because there is no more bearish kind thing because of huge increase in volume of last few days. That is very positive message by Chris saying Stratis will be doing well in 2019 by offering new functionalities and features which market needs the most.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
sisquo2121

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 09:51:56 PM

Yes most of masternodes are gimmicks but these ones are meant to support the network and make it secure, give gas for smart contracts so youre a bit wrong here...
Maybe you should do some research before talking shit about stuff you dont even know... Smiley

I do know what makes a coins price and this coin isn't doing it. Masternodes and icos are gimmicks. Most investors now have been around the game long enough to know when it's a gimmick. You should gain understanding about what maks  a coin price move before shooting your mouth off.

This coin is doing next to nothing to move the price. Obviously the investors agree with me because the price just stays the same and doesn't move upwards like the good coins. You have next to zero understanding about what makes a coins price move upwards.
sisquo2121

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 09:56:34 PM

Check out the scarcity sections of the FAQ: https://stratisfaq.com/the-value-of-cryptocurrencies/#what_changes_a_cryptocurrencys_value_over_time. As you say, you're not "part of the development team and have no vested interest in this coin other than to make money", and as such it is your responsibility to yourself to understand how the technology impacts the price and why (tl;dr mechanisms built into the tech induce scarcity, scarcity in turn informs the price of a thing because availability vs demand).

Hopefully those FAQ sections will help, and if there's anything that's not clear or you feel is incorrect, feel free to ask any questions or give any criticisms.

"Masternodes are a gimmick". Sidechains are the principle feature of the Stratis Platform and will be the basic second layer for the whole ecosystem, enabling non-trivial applications and scaling. These Masternodes enable the sidechains to be non-centralised, something which we all know is important in crypto. They're not a gimmick; the Masternodes are a solution to a problem.

"Masternodes ... mean nothing". Like you said, the goal of an investor is to make money. One common way of doing this is to sell your investment to someone else at a higher price than you paid for it. If you want to be a good investor, then you need to understand what will make the price of your investment go up (see the scarcity section of the FAQ above). These Masternodes directly play into the coin economics of Strat in two ways. 1) they induce scarcity by locking Strat out of supply through their collateral requirements and 2) they receive an income, incentivising operation of Masternodes, driving demand for the operation of Masternodes, this in turn bringing demand-induced scarcity to Strat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should only look to the built in scarcity-inducing mechanisms in the tech of Stratis Platform to push up the price! As you imply, big news induces scarcity too! Speculation is a powerful scarcity driver and definitely the easiest concept to grasp: "big news makes the price go up!", without even having to go into how news makes the price go up (hint: demand-induced scarcity driven by speculation). Fortunately, building out the Masternodes wasn't done at the cost of some big partnership, or any other piece of news that you are after. There isn't someone at Stratis Group Ltd going "OK guys, we've got to choose between delivering Masternodes and making a partnership with a big bank, since for some reason the two are mutually exclusive...".

Scarcity is only one part of the equation. The other part is DEMAND. This coin has no demand right now.  You can have the most scarce coin on the planet, but if there is no demand the coins price won't go up. That's why they call it  SUPPLY AND DEMAND AND NOT JUST SUPPLY.

This coins has created very little demand for it and it needs to change that now. Not 5 years from now , but right now. How long do investors wait for a coin to do something important before dumping it for better coins. I'll tell you, not very long. 
Acetmesis

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:21:19 PM

Scarcity is only one part of the equation. The other part is DEMAND. This coin has no demand right now.  You can have the most scarce coin on the planet, but if there is no demand the coins price won't go up. That's why they call it  SUPPLY AND DEMAND AND NOT JUST SUPPLY.

This coins has created very little demand for it and it needs to change that now. Not 5 years from now , but right now. How long do investors wait for a coin to do something important before dumping it for better coins. I'll tell you, not very long.  

Which is why I was talking about inducing scarcity. The sections of the FAQ cover demand and supply induced scarcity. If you read them you should see why your clarification is redundant.
Pages: « 1 ... 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 »
  Print  

Jump to: