Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:00:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122523 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:24:04 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 10:11:13 PM by Longsnowsm

If you have a Batch 1 or Batch 2 miner that restarts or drops hash boards:
If you have a Batch 1 and Batch 2 miner you will need to have your miner firmware flashed.  To get your miner flashed please contact Innosilicon and request to have your name added to the list to get the jig shipped to you.  This will fix the restart problem and the dropped hash boards issue.

Send your Inquiry to:
design@innosilicon.com
Sales@innosilicon.com
zhangq@innosilicon.com.cn
jwilby@innosilicon.com

Hotline:
Chloe (86) 180-4050-0320 [China]
John 416 732-0107 [US and Canada]

Address:
Optics Valley Wisdom Park, Optics Valley Avenue No.61, East Lake District,
Wuhan, China 430223
Suzhou Industrial Park, Suzhou, China 215123

Latest Version of the software is V2.0.3:
Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sis8eoeo6wxoqdv/G5-20-V2.0.3.zip?dl=0

Most initial customer issues have been addressed by Innosilicon regarding firmware, flashing firmware, and miner stability issues.  If you are still having any issues at all with your A4's please reach out to Innosilicon. 

Inno has supported this community very well and have backed up the A4 with not just words, but they have stuck behind their promises.  The A4 is a solid, reliable miner today due to Inno's support and their willingness to open source the software to get the kind of performance needed from the A4.

If you are considering a new A4 today it is a solid and reliable miner for Scrypt coin mining.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post for the A4 Pre-order:
Well we finally have the initial details from Innosilicon regarding the A4 Dominator.  It is now available for Pre-Order and we have been provided the following specs for the new miner:

Update: World Most Profitable A4 Dominator Miner is coming soon! Early batch goes fast with best efficiency ever and very limited quantity, and who are the lucky ones to get the access to the first batch will, with no doubt, enjoy the early gain before anybody else, that means big profit.

Pre-order price: 1800 USD per unit plus shipping fee, 5 units to start

Estimated delivery time: Starts from August and max delay is one month.

Warrantee: 45 days parts warranty

Specifications:
l  Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
l  Size: Length 28cm * Width 12.8cm * Height 25cm (Inches: Length: 11.02 inches * Width: 5.03 inches * Height: 9.84 inches)
l  Net weight: 11KG (without PSU)
l  ASIC: A4, 80pcs
l  Blade: 4pcs
l  Voltage: +12V
l  Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode
l  Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 8 * PCI-E 6Pin
PSU is external and exclusive to save your international shipping cost, which can be acquired used easily at low cost or reused from old version miners.
l  Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

Link to the Innosilicon Web Site for further info:
http://www.innosilicon.com/

We were given a few details about the hash rates:
The hash rate per box is different from what we expected, but it's based on sample chip performance tested in the lab. And still A4 Dominator has the best efficiency ever, and we determined the price based on the specs.

Shipping fee via our DHL channel is more than 70% off the list price, and will be paid before delivery after we know the actual weight of the machines.

I have asked about setting up a group buy here on BCT and would like to start the conversation about how many people would be interested in getting into this group buy.  We need a minimum order of 10 units to place an order.  I have ask about doing this with Chloe at Innosilicon and I am awaiting a reply back now.  

I have also asked for more details, pictures, video of the running miners like what they have done in the past with the A2 so we can see what it is we are talking about and an idea of what this miner looks like in action.

So I guess the question here in this thread is do you want to be in the group buy?  If so how many units do you want?  

Of course there are a lot of details to iron out yet, but now is the time to get that ball rolling.  If you have experience here on BCT organizing a group buy or have experience setting something like this up please feel free to chime in.  We can use all the input we can get as we organize this group buy.  

UPDATE 1: I received a response from Innosilicon regarding the inquiry on the A4, a group buy, and possibly extending the warranty.  Also they have a demo video for the A4 chip.  I punched in the numbers they quote in the video and they don't appear to match what is provided for the miner.  So I will ask for more info.  I will be sharing the link to this group buy post with them so that they might join in the conversation and possibly facilitate the group buy.  They have offered to extend the warranty to 45 days vs the 30 days and explained that it is parts replacement warranty due to shipping costs.  So if we have a bad board or module they will ship the replacement part instead of the back and forth trying to ship entire units.  

UPDATE 2: We have an update regarding the A4 miner, and the ship dates have moved forward to August-Sept.

Here is the demo video for the 14nm A4 chip:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYwMTEwMTcyNA==.html?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 07:10:14 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0  (right board)

i will follow see how it goes tho Wink

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 08:52:46 PM

I will follow but there is not enough information to commit at this point.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:12:52 AM

just for the new player in this Field, pre-order turned in most Cases out to be Scam, Delayed or getting Devices which were diffrent from what was offered initially.

Even tho that Inno delivered before at Current Network diff this Device would get $7.66 a Day (calculated with 0.10$ electric Cost)
That means you need 234 Days to ROI.

don't invest money you cannot afford to lose.

tuaris

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 03:35:14 PM

I would be interested in one or two units, but need more info before I can commit to it.

cjmining

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:51:29 PM

I have to say i am very disappointed with the final specs. Need more info before i decide to buy or not. Was looking at 2 or 3 but not sure now.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:22:49 PM

Interested but need more info.

if these things will not come with PSU's will they allow regular ATX PSU's to be used or will it need to be specially made PSU's like the A2 used?
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:24:35 PM

Thanks everyone for chiming in so far on the group buy.  Innosilicon has responded to my emails and sound like they are going to be supportive of the community here so far from what I am gathering.  

I completely agree with everyone here that we absolutely need more info.  I have invited Innosilicon to join in on this group buy discussion.  I hope to see them join here soon and help us fill in the gaps in the info we have now and tell us more about the A4.  

I would love to see some pictures, and video of this machine hashing, and some actual measurements of the running miner, hash rates, power at the wall, error rates, temps that the miner runs at etc.  A spec sheet with some hardware details and recommendations regarding PSU's etc.  So hopefully we can get more of that info soon so that we can come to an informed decision.

Thanks again everyone, I am making a list of those who have expressed interest even if it is a "maybe".  As we get more info I will follow up with you so we can firm up orders should you decide to proceed.  At some point once we reach our minimum order of 10 we will probably have to set a end date/deadline for the pre-order buy.   So I will keep everyone posted as I hear more.  Hopefully we will all hear directly from Innosilicon in this group buy discussion.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:26:49 PM

Interested but need more info.

if these things will not come with PSU's will they allow regular ATX PSU's to be used or will it need to be specially made PSU's like the A2 used?

I believe these are just ATX PSU's, but good questions.  We have not been given the specs yet on the PSU's needed for the A4.  That is something that we will want to ask them for sure.
Poloherb

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

CryptoPhysical.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 09:14:21 PM

Do you have plans to make smaller sets 50 MH/s - 150 MH/s ?

alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:20:38 PM

well... i'm definitely interested in this.   I was on the litecointalk.org site all the time before it got hacked and became worthless.

I've got one of the uber expensive titans still mining..  Roll Eyes
ottomancoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 11:50:55 PM

are people really still mining?
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:07:39 AM

Do you have plans to make smaller sets 50 MH/s - 150 MH/s ?

I am just an end user like most of the people here, but I will certainly ask about this.  I doubt it would be part of the pre-order first batch, but there may be follow-on models that come in both smaller and larger sizes.  That is just me speculating however and not a reflection on Innosilicon's intentions.

I am hoping they will join in our conversation here shortly to answer our questions, but I will be glad forward the question to them.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:10:27 AM

well... i'm definitely interested in this.   I was on the litecointalk.org site all the time before it got hacked and became worthless.

I've got one of the uber expensive titans still mining..  Roll Eyes

Sweet!  The Titan has been the efficiency king.  How many A4's do you think you will want as part of this pre-order?  I am trying to keep a running tally of the people and interest.  Thanks.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:11:47 AM

are people really still mining?

LOL, if your rig is efficient enough you can still make some money mining.  Hence the interest in the A4.  Grin
BitJunkie223

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Vertcoin stealthy master race.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 02:24:39 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2016, 03:26:48 AM by BitJunkie223

Now this is the rig we've been waiting for. Especially with the fact that I only pay about $.04/Kwh electricity. Smiley

I don't want to commit myself, but I'm certainly going to give this unit some consideration.

http://cryptos4all.com - The ultimate cryptocurrency faucet!

BTC: 1Q2RkkSo4LSY1m5Q7JtMLZw1QjV1Lfnmgd
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:17:14 AM

Folk probably know tihs..but.....

1) Ask if the firmware is open source on git hub etc...does the unit us a PI to mine with ..and does it come with etc......point out the Gen Tarkin site to these A4 folk
   they might get excited to work with him or vice versa...show any A4 contacts his www page http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/ a collaboration would be nice.

2) After the 45 day warranty....will the company be helpful with 3rd party repair and give info freely for folk to fix after the fact (ie Lightfoot and knc stuff as an example)
   show the A4 innsilicon folk Lightfoot's thread on here of fixes and re-do's of out of luck Titan parts etc https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283859.0

So in other words once you get this 45 day warranty product ...will the company allow/share/be helpful with folk like those above who may step forward and want to
continue development of the firmware and/or help with technical and hardware issues outside the companies 45 day warranty

ASIC's ..(it takes a Village) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Ethey

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 05:51:54 PM

Im really interested in ordering one of theese.
How much will be the Shipping to EU Country like French/Germany/Netherlands.

Would be great to know. Maybe iam also ordering a BUlk Order over an Group Buy.
I will stay i contact with you Smiley

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 06:17:03 PM

+1

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
wolverine5pl

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 10:43:57 PM

I have to say i am very disappointed with the final specs. Need more info before i decide to buy or not. Was looking at 2 or 3 but not sure now.
first news they accounced specs where much much better, better than knc titan. but 1000W per 260Mhs Huh thats worse than KNC TITAN (how old knc titan is!!!). very disappoiting

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: