Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:18:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122523 times)
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 01:53:24 PM

They've taken a lot of money from a lot of people
I dont thinks so.
I think they have max 30-50  pre-ordered A4 units
That's total units or units per purchaser?
I ask because I know large farms are antsy for the power reduction per MHs...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2016, 01:55:34 PM

I'm in Florida and would like to order a unit in the group if it's coming to US ....whenever, like most say towards end of september or even Oct.
I'm a UPS shipper and can send a label for drop off at uPS store or can send a call tag so whoever is receiving the order has hardly anything to do.

Running A2- 88 now and this is like 3 of them for same power.

Would really appreciate an up date if not too late.
Thanks,

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:22:47 PM

They've taken a lot of money from a lot of people
I dont thinks so.
I think they have max 30-50  pre-ordered A4 units
That's total units or units per purchaser?
I ask because I know large farms are antsy for the power reduction per MHs...
That 30-50 is way off.  There was more than that on the US group buy, which doesn't include individuals who purchased enough units to ship to location of their choice and larger farms as usao mentions.

Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 02:32:12 PM

I'm in Florida and would like to order a unit in the group if it's coming to US ....whenever, like most say towards end of september or even Oct.
I'm a UPS shipper and can send a label for drop off at uPS store or can send a call tag so whoever is receiving the order has hardly anything to do.

Running A2- 88 now and this is like 3 of them for same power.

Would really appreciate an up date if not too late.
Thanks,

Just PM me and I can check with Inno to see if we can add you to our group buy order we already have placed.  I will give you the details of how our group buy is setup here in the US.  
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:19:34 AM

where did it say on that link they would be showing the A4 there?

You missed nothing - it doesn't say they are showing it.  The idea is to ask them IF they are showing it.  We don't need to see an ASIC, there's already a video for that.  We want to see a board or controller.

Re-open the dialogue, push them to communicate, and demand an update for the main page with new information.  They've taken a lot of money from a lot of people - they need to be held accountable for their (lack of) actions.

Waiting until September 30th to communicate with them and hope for best doesn't seem to me to be in anyone's best interest.

What can people do? Storm the factory and demand a demo? All anyone can do is wait and hope for the best. If they are honest business people then they won't leave A4 buyers holding the bag. ASIC machine builders don't have the best track record.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 11:23:58 AM

this is starting to look a like big fuck up now. first they promise demo and then lure buyers with august delivery by deliberately moving to mid/end of september since that stupid clause allows them to be late by a month. i won't be surprised if that also changes to october due to some technical problems when its actually financial problems. all the privilege of having preorder just went down the drain cause we should've had machines on hand in mid september and already hashing by now.
IIpeBeD_MeDBeD
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:10:05 PM

this is starting to look a like big fuck up now. first they promise demo and then lure buyers with august delivery by deliberately moving to mid/end of september since that stupid clause allows them to be late by a month. i won't be surprised if that also changes to october due to some technical problems when its actually financial problems. all the privilege of having preorder just went down the drain cause we should've had machines on hand in mid september and already hashing by now.
They have nothing for hashing at the moment.
I think we will not see A4, because the project would be closed due to lack of funding. Too little people interesting in scrypt cryptocurrency.
Only new big LTC pump can something change. But the chance of the pump very small.

usao
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:12:42 PM

When all these companies say "not late if by 1 month", I always take that to mean that's the real date. So, I was always planning on the end of Sept, never expected to see anything in Aug.
I guess that's why it doesn't bother me that much, since I already had that timing baked into my plans...
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 04:53:14 PM

When all these companies say "not late if by 1 month", I always take that to mean that's the real date. So, I was always planning on the end of Sept, never expected to see anything in Aug.
I guess that's why it doesn't bother me that much, since I already had that timing baked into my plans...

@usao Agreed, I didn't expect them to make August, and it wouldn't surprise me if we get pushed into October like they originally told us and then moved the dates forward.  So I am not too concerned yet. 

I think they used the funding to build out their 14nm production which goes across other product lines so they basically received their venture capital from us to retool their product line.  What it means for the timeline on the A4, well like usual production delays are just a thing to be expected with miners.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:17:24 PM

Looks to be an interesting Mining unit. But if wire transfer is the only payment method. I'm going to have to pass. Not sure why you wouldn't take CC, other vendors have..

Avalanche is a must own
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:34:45 PM

@usao Agreed, I didn't expect them to make August, and it wouldn't surprise me if we get pushed into October like they originally told us and then moved the dates forward.  So I am not too concerned yet.  

I think they used the funding to build out their 14nm production which goes across other product lines so they basically received their venture capital from us to retool their product line.  What it means for the timeline on the A4, well like usual production delays are just a thing to be expected with miners.

Why would they need capital to retool their product line? Shouldn't they be well funded with their own investors. So what you are saying is that Innosilicon has no other source of funds other than the mining community to expand their production line? This kind of bs makes me very nervous.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:49:24 PM

@usao Agreed, I didn't expect them to make August, and it wouldn't surprise me if we get pushed into October like they originally told us and then moved the dates forward.  So I am not too concerned yet.  

I think they used the funding to build out their 14nm production which goes across other product lines so they basically received their venture capital from us to retool their product line.  What it means for the timeline on the A4, well like usual production delays are just a thing to be expected with miners.

Why would they need capital to retool their product line? Shouldn't they be well funded with their own investors. So what you are saying is that Innosilicon has no other source of funds other than the mining community to expand their production line? This kind of bs makes me very nervous.

Isn't this the kind of stuff these companies and people do?  Use other peoples money?  Why risk your own if you can convince others to do it?  This is just my own speculation on one of the reasons they went the pre-order and partner route this time.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 03:27:34 AM

i'm alright with initial funding but i just hope they don't go KNC way by screwing its early supporters. if they could give preorder buyers at least 2 months to hash before flooding the market now that would be noble but we all know its probably not going to happen.

Isn't this the kind of stuff these companies and people do?  Use other peoples money?  Why risk your own if you can convince others to do it?  This is just my own speculation on one of the reasons they went the pre-order and partner route this time.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:48:20 PM

It would be nice if they gave us a window of opportunity to mine before filling new orders.  That was implied in the original announcement, but of course nothing in writing that states we will be given that opportunity before they start taking orders. 

I think we will know what our lead time might be if we see Zoomhash and others start listing the A4 for sale about the time we start to get our orders shipped.  I am sure the big distributors are chomping at the bit to get miners hashing and product to ship.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:39:30 PM

Yea, im just waiting to get ANY news from Inno at this point.
There has been no indication of where anyones order lies in the queue.
I have no idea if im in the front or the back of the line.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:51:25 PM

We don't know if there were any large orders either.  Only thing I know is usao you are ahead of me in the queue based on paid date  Grin

usao
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:56:57 PM

Are the buyers here open to creating a list of what was ordered when?
It's been done in other threads, but I understand if folks are not willing to share that info.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:24:09 PM

Are the buyers here open to creating a list of what was ordered when?
It's been done in other threads, but I understand if folks are not willing to share that info.

I personally don't mind.
usao
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:36:18 PM

I setup a very basic google spreadsheet, if anyone is interested, feel free to add your info.

Innosilicon A4 Orders: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MdG8OCo-A1B7fQxZQsTrPApbcqCT9WqhQsDTTLI8nes/pubhtml
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 10:13:51 PM

I setup a very basic google spreadsheet, if anyone is interested, feel free to add your info.

Innosilicon A4 Orders: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MdG8OCo-A1B7fQxZQsTrPApbcqCT9WqhQsDTTLI8nes/pubhtml

It doesn't appear I have access to edit that file.  My Invoice date from Inno is 7/15/2016
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: