Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:23:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122523 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 10:46:01 PM

Has anyone installed the firmware update yet?  Any updates or reports with the new firmware? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 10:54:09 PM

Has anyone installed the firmware update yet?  Any updates or reports with the new firmware? 

Has the firmware been posted somewhere? I'm happy to test it out.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 12:21:07 AM

These things definitely need firmware update cause mine still dropped speeds after hashing for about 1.5 days. Something is not right at power level cause its either some sort of leak or just capacitor giving false signals and then safety feature kicks in. Heat is not an issue as mine are in labrador and its currently very cold over there.
firehawk71

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 12:37:41 AM

I have 3 units. I have all 3 on litecoinpool. I have the single on its own controller and it is much better then the 2 on one controller. The single I am getting 135Mhs but on the 2 unit I am only getting 245Mhs. I might try swapping around my miners and see if having 2 on one controller makes any difference.. It just seems strange that my single unit hashes much better the the dual. They are both plugged into the same network 5 port bridge out in my garage
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:38:25 AM

Well it has been a rough day for the A4.  Dropping cards, crash and rebooting many times.  Couple of power cycles involved to get it back online.    I am not a very happy camper at the moment.  Miner just crashed and rebooted again....  I don't know how many times it has done that today. 

It is far worse over on Prohashing than it is on Litecoinpool due to the coin switching.  I think I will put it back over on Litecoinpool until some of the firmware updates happen.  I hope Inno is monitoring this thread and taking note.  Crashing miners and dropping cards is not "Keeping their promises to the mining community"  They need to get this fixed and not try to keep telling us how stable the A4 is...

Inno's web site has been down all day.  I know a couple of users here have gotten a copy of the latest firmware.  I am hoping to hear from some of them to tell us what they are seeing with the update.   
bclcjunkie

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:03:48 AM

that would make sense since rpi could be the culprit too... please try and let us know.. also what are your power+speed settings?

I have 3 units. I have all 3 on litecoinpool. I have the single on its own controller and it is much better then the 2 on one controller. The single I am getting 135Mhs but on the 2 unit I am only getting 245Mhs. I might try swapping around my miners and see if having 2 on one controller makes any difference.. It just seems strange that my single unit hashes much better the the dual. They are both plugged into the same network 5 port bridge out in my garage
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:32:11 AM

Just an aside. But I passed on some A4's in the group buy, so I looked them over, due to the fact I was the middle man escrow on a group buy of 6 cubes.  Looking at the enclosed PI case. (I did not look inside). IF and I really mean IF it uses standard ports on the Pi for the case. And or is some kinda ribbon arrangement for the ports. Or heck  you could rig up even 1 port per cube with a cable if that was the best standard adapter you could find to hack this. Anyway if that is the case if I owned one I'd make a PI set up for EACH cube. Would only cost about 50 bucks for cables etc to do with the Proper PI and a say SanDisk 8gb class 10 SD card with the the IMG backup file. You could get lucky and the only 'non-standard' part could be the plastic case itself on the controller unit.

Even my Titan cubes run more stable and faster when it is only ONE Cube per controller. Can't afford to do that, we can't hack out controllers easy. Anyway you could get lucky and have an option to do this. May help your speed a bit and or down time being only 1/2 on the various reboots till they get the firmware tweaked. Something to look at and go 'hmmmmm' imho

Later

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Inno_ASIC

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 03:54:57 AM

Well it has been a rough day for the A4.  Dropping cards, crash and rebooting many times.  Couple of power cycles involved to get it back online.    I am not a very happy camper at the moment.  Miner just crashed and rebooted again....  I don't know how many times it has done that today. 

It is far worse over on Prohashing than it is on Litecoinpool due to the coin switching.  I think I will put it back over on Litecoinpool until some of the firmware updates happen.  I hope Inno is monitoring this thread and taking note.  Crashing miners and dropping cards is not "Keeping their promises to the mining community"  They need to get this fixed and not try to keep telling us how stable the A4 is...

Inno's web site has been down all day.  I know a couple of users here have gotten a copy of the latest firmware.  I am hoping to hear from some of them to tell us what they are seeing with the update.   

Hi this is Chloe from Innosilicon. I just saw all these feedback and thank you all for these feedback. We have noted the software problem and we are working on it. Your firmware is not the latest version, I will send the latest version to you by email. I've asked my colleague to upload it to Dropbox or somewhere you can access online, but it will take some time.

No worries, we will fix everything asap.

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:17:40 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 04:28:41 AM by Longsnowsm

Hi this is Chloe from Innosilicon. I just saw all these feedback and thank you all for these feedback. We have noted the software problem and we are working on it. Your firmware is not the latest version, I will send the latest version to you by email. I've asked my colleague to upload it to Dropbox or somewhere you can access online, but it will take some time.

Thank you Chloe.  I will keep an eye out for the update in email.  Thank you for the response. 

We are going through a rough patch with this first batch of miners.  Just as an added note, the hash rates seem to fall off pretty badly on the pool side with the miners the longer they run.  If you can get a good long run the hash rates just keep falling.  I have been seeing hash rates in the 230-240mhs range which seems very low...  Someone suggested it could be due to difficulty settings, but at this point we aren't sure what might be causing it.  Just wanted to put that out there as an additional thing to look for as you are trying to duplicate the issues we are seeing and sharing. 

Let us know if you need any additional data, testers, or anything that we can do to assist.  Thanks again!

bclcjunkie

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:36:06 AM

i'm pretty sure its not difficulty setting cause litecoinpool adjusts quickly and was already configured back in the days to accommodate flood of titans. i really really hope its not hardware issue..

Thank you Chloe.  I will keep an eye out for the update in email.  Thank you for the response. 

We are going through a rough patch with this first batch of miners.  Just as an added note, the hash rates seem to fall off pretty badly on the pool side with the miners the longer they run.  If you can get a good long run the hash rates just keep falling.  I have been seeing hash rates in the 230-240mhs range which seems very low...  Someone suggested it could be due to difficulty settings, but at this point we aren't sure what might be causing it.  Just wanted to put that out there as an additional thing to look for as you are trying to duplicate the issues we are seeing and sharing. 

Let us know if you need any additional data, testers, or anything that we can do to assist.  Thanks again!

firehawk71

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:54:02 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2016, 05:52:56 AM by firehawk71

that would make sense since rpi could be the culprit too... please try and let us know.. also what are your power+speed settings?

Something new I can add.. I have a 2 cube set and a single cube both with there own controllers. Ordered at different times.. The dual was ordered first then the single with its own controller. Tonight I tried changing out one of my dual cubes and hooked it up on the single cubes controller by itself. It would not start mining at all. I got the cgminer screen up but no numbers no hashing...As soon as I pulled the SD card from the dual controller and inserted it in the single miner controller it started mining. So this would suggest that my dual software is tied to that machine.

Update: I took the single controllers SD card and put it in the Dual Cube Control Box and only hooked up one dual cube and it would not mine.
So this tells me that somehow the software is indeed tied to the miners there shipped with? Very confusing

Update: Took single cube and hooked to duals control box with the single cube software and that works! How is this possible?
firehawk71

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:03:34 AM

This does seem like a firmware issue. I also for the first time noticed when hooking up the single cube to the dual control box with single software I got the flashing red lights until it started to mine then they turned solid red..
All other times I have turned on its only been a solid red light on rear even though it was not hashing
Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 06:58:18 AM

i'm pretty sure its not difficulty setting cause litecoinpool adjusts quickly and was already configured back in the days to accommodate flood of titans. i really really hope its not hardware issue..

Thanks for your kindness! We've decided to open source the software after internal discussion. Please stay tuned.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:40:26 AM

Well it has been a rough day for the A4.  Dropping cards, crash and rebooting many times.  Couple of power cycles involved to get it back online.    I am not a very happy camper at the moment.  Miner just crashed and rebooted again....  I don't know how many times it has done that today.  

It is far worse over on Prohashing than it is on Litecoinpool due to the coin switching.  I think I will put it back over on Litecoinpool until some of the firmware updates happen.  I hope Inno is monitoring this thread and taking note.  Crashing miners and dropping cards is not "Keeping their promises to the mining community"  They need to get this fixed and not try to keep telling us how stable the A4 is...

Inno's web site has been down all day.  I know a couple of users here have gotten a copy of the latest firmware.  I am hoping to hear from some of them to tell us what they are seeing with the update.    

Thank you Chloe.  I will keep an eye out for the update in email.  Thank you for the response.  

We are going through a rough patch with this first batch of miners.  Just as an added note, the hash rates seem to fall off pretty badly on the pool side with the miners the longer they run.  If you can get a good long run the hash rates just keep falling.  I have been seeing hash rates in the 230-240mhs range which seems very low...  Someone suggested it could be due to difficulty settings, but at this point we aren't sure what might be causing it.  Just wanted to put that out there as an additional thing to look for as you are trying to duplicate the issues we are seeing and sharing.  

Let us know if you need any additional data, testers, or anything that we can do to assist.  Thanks again!

Thanks for your kindness! We've decided to open source the software after internal discussion. Please stay tuned.

You really really need to look at this guy who did 3rd party firmware for the KNC Titans. Just get someone who know how firmware is made to read what his stuff does on the main
page of the below link. That would be a damn quick solution to your problem and move this open source along at max speed imho.

http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/

you really need to talk to this guy imho....send him one unit for free and all your issues would be solved....unlikely you would do so..but no way would you be disappointed imho....he made the titan do stuff that no one thought was possible my stuff after 2 years and a repaste runs rock solid yet.....just ask around the Titan thread and/or here....you'd likely get me to get an A4 eventually if he was doing the same mods for the A4

Truth is everyone at this point in time uses his 3rd party software....likely he is the reason so many Titans are still around for you to compete against...heh .....no one I know on bitcointalk etc
uses anything but his stuff.....the benefits are just way too large to ignore...

just read what he has done with the knc titans on his main page..above that should blow you away....and also should wake everyone up at your end

(others feel free to chime in here...this would be the quickest solution to your firmware problem imho bar none)

(not sure why I'm telling you this...I don't run any A4's only Titans...sheesh..........I must want another 'toy' bad) Smiley

Again others chime in here we probably need a everyone to chime in on this so they don't think it is just me!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
firehawk71

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 07:43:10 AM

I also confirmed tonight that the control unit will not handle 3 units.. At least for me it would not.. What happened was one cube only hashed at 2mhs. Took it back off and put it on its own controller now back to way it was Ughhh.. Ok I think I am done trying stuff I hope they get a fix out soon
Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 03:54:04 PM

Hey guys, the latest firmware has been uploaded to our website.
Download link for firmware: www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/G5-1102.rar
Download link for Win32DiskImager (tool for updating the firmware): http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/Win32DiskImager-0.9.5-install.exe

If you don't know how to use the tool, send us an email and we will send you manual shortly.

nicky1088

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:55:35 PM

Hey guys, the latest firmware has been uploaded to our website.
Download link for firmware: www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/G5-1102.rar
Download link for Win32DiskImager (tool for updating the firmware): http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/Win32DiskImager-0.9.5-install.exe

If you don't know how to use the tool, send us an email and we will send you manual shortly.

as good as that is, the download speed will take 2 days. can you upload to dropbox or google drive?
firehawk71

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:02:06 PM

Is this firmware update just a new image that goes on the SD card?
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:41:44 PM

Awesome
Eyedol-X

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:55:24 PM

Is this firmware update just a new image that goes on the SD card?

I'm buying a 2nd 8gb SD card to swap out, so I will image the update to that and hold on to the original -- I recommend you/everyone else do the same just in case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: