Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122523 times)
Chazaki

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:19:55 PM

2.0.2 is current firmware -- I don't know if this will resolve your issue but just an FYI.

I am starting to find that setting static difficulty poolside causes issues with these miners. I want to stress that this is very preliminary information but I've been having trouble with mine and recently switched it to dynamic and for 3 days now its like a different machine running with PH. Previously I had been setting static difficulty poolside and been having nothing but problems with B3.

Here is a download link for 2.0.2 from another thread that I used to download it. This is not my dropbox share or link -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/9umhsbtky6t1c6j/2.0.2beta.rar?dl=0

Thank you! I have just flashed that 2.0.2 and am going to test and report results back later today.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:16:32 PM

Any ideas how to mine stable @nicehash? If I point to nicehash the miner restarts every few hours and even stops for some hours if I do not pay attention. This does not happen on prohash.com, I got it running there for ~80h now (still counting) without restarts.
Unfortunately prohash only does pay around 0.00667 BTC per Day (270 MH/s) while Nicehash would pay 0,009+ BTC per day (~25-30% more). Where are you guy mining to get the best profit out of the miner?

I also got an L3 running stable since days on Nicehash - pretty good miner.
Chazaki

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:19:36 PM

So even after flashing the 2.0.2 firmware, I am still getting over 100mh/s lower poolside than I am locally... 162 mh/s on litecoinpool.org. I have noticed auto start doesn't work for me on the new firmware, and every time I manually reboot I have to ssh and delete temp folder for it to hash again.

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:26:43 PM

Any ideas how to mine stable @nicehash? If I point to nicehash the miner restarts every few hours and even stops for some hours if I do not pay attention. This does not happen on prohash.com, I got it running there for ~80h now (still counting) without restarts.
Unfortunately prohash only does pay around 0.00667 BTC per Day (270 MH/s) while Nicehash would pay 0,009+ BTC per day (~25-30% more). Where are you guy mining to get the best profit out of the miner?

On prohashing try using h=3 in the options and see if that helps your hash rate.  I second your assessment of the L3 on Nicehash.  It works very well there.  The L3 is a good miner so far. Grin
FlensGold
Legendary

Activity: 1405

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 07:36:15 AM

On prohashing try using h=3 in the options and see if that helps your hash rate.  I second your assessment of the L3 on Nicehash.  It works very well there.  The L3 is a good miner so far. Grin
Do you have an idea how to set 2 parameters into the password field of the A4? For example "n=A4Miner h=3"? The A4 software always cuts off the last parameter (I guess because of the blank between them).
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 12:24:36 PM

All you have to do is quote the string of parameters in the A4 to set more options.  And then try to remember every time you stop and start the miner to copy and paste that string in there again or it will blow away the settings on restart.  It is a giant pain in the backside.
Chazaki

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:42:13 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 08:23:14 PM by Chazaki

This software is so unstable for me. Almost nothing works. I can't get it to mine without rebooting constantly, the auto-start doesn't work, changing the voltage or the core speed renders the whole unit inoperable until I reflash the SD card. I'm lucky if I actually get the miner to start hashing successfully.... I really think it has everything to do with the software and not the miner as on the original firmware I was getting much closer to the reported hash rate (although still about 40 mh/s shy of 270). I am most likely going to flash that image back (V1).

Its rather unfortunate, really, because I have an A2 as well that works phenomenally (with a custom image though). In fact, the A2 has almost the exact same speed as my A4 right now (minus about 30 mh/s). Simply not what I purchased at all. Hopefully Inno does something to address these issues (as it seems that I am not the only one encountering them). I enjoy the mining experience because of the ebbs and flows, but this has been one ebb I can't figure out and its driving me bonkers Tongue.

EDIT:

I re-flashed the original firmware that came with it (unknown version number, as it doesn't show any on the webpage. Its the one where the voltage shows a "/" and you have to manually input to get it to start). I also switched pools to pro hash and am now getting the appropriate hash rate (270). I'm certain now that the firmware was the cause of the issue, as even on pro hash I would still get significantly lower hash rate on v2+.

thephill97

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:12:50 PM

http://eastshoretrade.blogspot.com/2014/09/tutorial-setting-up110mh-scrypt-asic.html
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:32:46 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2017, 10:26:43 PM by Eyedol-X

This software is so unstable for me. Almost nothing works. I can't get it to mine without rebooting constantly, the auto-start doesn't work, changing the voltage or the core speed renders the whole unit inoperable until I reflash the SD card. I'm lucky if I actually get the miner to start hashing successfully.... I really think it has everything to do with the software and not the miner as on the original firmware I was getting much closer to the reported hash rate (although still about 40 mh/s shy of 270). I am most likely going to flash that image back (V1).

Its rather unfortunate, really, because I have an A2 as well that works phenomenally (with a custom image though). In fact, the A2 has almost the exact same speed as my A4 right now (minus about 30 mh/s). Simply not what I purchased at all. Hopefully Inno does something to address these issues (as it seems that I am not the only one encountering them). I enjoy the mining experience because of the ebbs and flows, but this has been one ebb I can't figure out and its driving me bonkers Tongue.

EDIT:

I re-flashed the original firmware that came with it (unknown version number, as it doesn't show any on the webpage. Its the one where the voltage shows a "/" and you have to manually input to get it to start). I also switched pools to pro hash and am now getting the appropriate hash rate (270). I'm certain now that the firmware was the cause of the issue, as even on pro hash I would still get significantly lower hash rate on v2+.

I have confirmed in some of my previous posts -- 2.0.2 makes the Pi go into a reboot loop every time it sees 1 Get Failure or any sort of network connection issue. -- I call it the "Reboot Dance" -- I do know they are working on updating/improving the software.

Interesting that you got the old software to work. I have 1.0.0T on my original SD Card.
Chazaki

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:30:22 PM

EDIT:

I have confirmed in some of my previous posts -- 2.0.2 makes the Pi go into a reboot loop every time it sees 1 Get Failure or any sort of network connection issue. -- I call it the "Reboot Dance" -- I do know they are working on updating/improving the software.

Interesting that you got the old software to work. I have 1.0.0T on my original SD Card.

I think I was getting a low hash rate on v1 before because I was only putting voltage at 800 since I didn't know what the proper number should be and I didn't want to burn it out. The new firmware has it at 820 so I put v1 at 820 and it seems to be running better.

vinylwasp

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:48:26 AM

EDIT:

It sounds like you have either a Batch 1 or Batch 2 miner which will run with either of the earlier software releases (the software is what is stored on the SD card).
At some point you need to reflash your miner's cards with the new firmware (stored in the MicroProcessor on the card) so you can use the latest 2.0.2 beta software which is incompatible with the Batch 1 and Batch 2 miners, and vice versa.

Chazaki

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 04:09:23 PM

How do I reflash the firmware rather than the software on the sd card?

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:28:55 PM

If you have a Batch 1 or 2 miner you need to put your name on the list with Inno to have a jig sent to you.  We currently have 1 jig being sent around in the US, but I understand a second jig is coming.  So you should reach out to Inno ASAP to get your name on the list.
Chazaki

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:45:38 PM

If you have a Batch 1 or 2 miner you need to put your name on the list with Inno to have a jig sent to you.  We currently have 1 jig being sent around in the US, but I understand a second jig is coming.  So you should reach out to Inno ASAP to get your name on the list.

Interesting, thank you for this info! Inno should make a sticky post or edit the front page to include information regarding this jig. I will reach out to them and try to get my name on the list.

Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:27:19 PM

Interesting, thank you for this info! Inno should make a sticky post or edit the front page to include information regarding this jig. I will reach out to them and try to get my name on the list.

You make a good point.  I will add the info to the original post for this thread with the contact info.  I don't know how many people read the original post anymore, but it might help a few people who are having A4 difficulties.
excelerator

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:06:27 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2017, 06:32:48 PM by excelerator

If you have a Batch 1 or 2 miner you need to put your name on the list with Inno to have a jig sent to you.  We currently have 1 jig being sent around in the US, but I understand a second jig is coming.  So you should reach out to Inno ASAP to get your name on the list.

I continue to be fascinated that hostages customers put up with this from Inno.  Imagine you bought a new washing machine only to find the wiring was completely crap!  The manufacturer's solution is send a whole new set of wiring harnesses and computer chips with instructions on how to replace them yourself.  I don't think so!

Every A4 owner is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome at this point.  I'm really glad to see the L3 is coming (I have two running now and they are GREAT) so people will stop throwing away their hard earned money & time on this wretched A4 technology and once again re-learn, NEVER BUY PRE-ORDERS.
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:44:19 PM

Easy to say after the fact my man. No one knew the L3 was coming or that Inno would get it this wrong for early buyers.

excelerator

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 06:48:47 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2017, 07:07:20 PM by excelerator

Easy to say after the fact my man. No one knew the L3 was coming or that Inno would get it this wrong for early buyers.

OK - I'll leave it at don't ever (again) buy pre-orders.  Before the fact there was a big history of problems in this industry with this practice but now I'm just belaboring the obvious...
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:54:15 PM

Ive been looking for the L3, but the only sellers seem to have significant jacked-up pricing compared to what the articles seem to suggest the price will be...
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:08:09 PM

The prices through resellers of the L3 are pretty high.  If you can wait to get one from Bitmain you will save some cash and not have any warranty questions about coverage etc.  I have to concur that the L3 is very nice.  So far no issues and it is very profitable right now.

I can't help but wonder if Inno is going to be able to fix the A4.  The early chip tests showed the A4 ASIC is capable of some great numbers. I don't know where this was lost in translation when packaging this up into multi chip boards but I can't help but wonder if they will get it figured out and have an updated version of the miner that delivers the performance that the A4 is capable of.  So I wouldn't count Inno out of the competition yet.  I would like to see them get these miners running right for everyone and open sourcing the software.

Maybe we will see that updated miner this year that delivers the performance that everyone was expecting from the A4.  I know I would be willing to test that miner for Inno if they do that. 
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: