Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:59:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122523 times)
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:33:54 PM

Do you get good hashrate on mono coin pools. Lets say hash-to-coins or suprnova?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:35:55 PM

Has anyone managed to get a stable hashrate on their miners using prohashing ? I have 5 batch 3 a4 miners running in a super cool (24degree celsius) room but there is no stability in my hashrate. It fluctuates widely between 160mh/z and 280. Please help!i am new to mining, dont quite understand the whole changing of settings such as password etc. I just use the password 1234, is there something different I should be using? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it not mrant to be stable? My overall hashrate on the 5 on prohashing shows at 1.15ghz, averaging to 230mhz per miner. Is this not too low? Should I use another pool?

Reported Hashrate poolside constantly fluxuates on Prohash. I just ignore it because my A2's do it as well. It's not the miner, it's just the "reported" hashrate poolside -- different coins seem to report different hashrates from my experience.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 06:56:01 PM

Has anyone managed to get a stable hashrate on their miners using prohashing ? I have 5 batch 3 a4 miners running in a super cool (24degree celsius) room but there is no stability in my hashrate. It fluctuates widely between 160mh/z and 280. Please help!i am new to mining, dont quite understand the whole changing of settings such as password etc. I just use the password 1234, is there something different I should be using? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it not mrant to be stable? My overall hashrate on the 5 on prohashing shows at 1.15ghz, averaging to 230mhz per miner. Is this not too low? Should I use another pool?

Reported Hashrate poolside constantly fluxuates on Prohash. I just ignore it because my A2's do it as well. It's not the miner, it's just the "reported" hashrate poolside -- different coins seem to report different hashrates from my experience.

Yes, its the same on my pool, www.zpool.ca, Just keep an eye on your bottom line and you know how it's doing then. It's the nature of multipools and ASIC miners.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Inno_ASIC

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 10:56:13 AM

How do I reflash the firmware rather than the software on the sd card?

If you have a Batch 1 or 2 miner you need to put your name on the list with Inno to have a jig sent to you.  We currently have 1 jig being sent around in the US, but I understand a second jig is coming.  So you should reach out to Inno ASAP to get your name on the list.

Interesting, thank you for this info! Inno should make a sticky post or edit the front page to include information regarding this jig. I will reach out to them and try to get my name on the list.

Hello, you can contact us by sending email to luojm@innosilicon.com.cn for the Jig update.

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:00:43 AM

Lets just say that they lost quite a bit of credibility they had brought to the table from the A2.
The A2 was the only reason I went for the A4 in the first place on a pre order. Wont be making that mistake again.

Hi, Usao. Thanks for your support of our A2 miners. A4 are running stable right now except for some early B1 and B2 users who didn't get their miners updated with the Jig.
How are your A4 running? We can help if you need.

Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:03:53 AM

I have been using hash-to-coins for my A4's, but they have been dead for a while now. Anyone know what's up with them?

This sounds strange. Is the problem gone after restarting?

Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:10:03 AM

best I can get is about 7-8 days now with 2.0.2 before it starts reboot looping any time it sees 1 get failure.

Just caught it after running fine for 8 days. Unfortunately for all day today since last night, its been rebooting every 5 minutes.

Hopefully there is a software update SOON that fixes this issue
Long time no see, Eyedol.
It's hard for us to catch a "1 Get Failure" in our lab. We've tested for weeks but no luck to catch it.
To exclude the possibility of IP conflict, could you please reset the Pi then move the miner to another place to see if problem is fixed.
Till now we only received your feedback about this issue like this. Really sorry about that. Could you please try?

Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:13:16 AM

best I can get is about 7-8 days now with 2.0.2 before it starts reboot looping any time it sees 1 get failure.

Just caught it after running fine for 8 days. Unfortunately for all day today since last night, its been rebooting every 5 minutes.

It's hard for us to catch a "1 Get Failure" in our lab. We've tested for weeks but no luck to catch it.
To exclude the possibility of IP conflict, could you please reset the Pi then move the miner to another place to see if problem is fixed.
Till now we only received your feedback about this issue like this. Really sorry about that. Could you please try?

Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:28:55 AM

Hi all,

Long time no see.

Here is the report of 3 topics:

Global delivery of Jig:

1. USA
There are 10 persons on the list in the USA. Till now the Jig has helped 5 persons flash their boards directly to the B3.
There is delay for the delivery due to one person's long holiday. But we have asked him to ship as soon as possible.

Also a 2nd Jig will be shipped from UK recently. And a 3rd Jig is on the way to the USA. So the update of B1 and B2 boards will be finished soon.

2. Europe- 90% finished, only one person is left behind

3. Canada - 90% finished

Performance improvement on Prohashing

A customer has shared his experience with us to have better performance with A4 on PH. Here is the trick - > input "d=32768 h=50 g=off n=1001" into the PW area on the setting page of A4(pay attention the quote should be included when input, note 1001 is the PW of the worker) - > the average hashrate of A4 can reach to around 260Mhs

We have tested with dozens of miners for several weeks and this trick helps.

Performance improvement on Nicehash

We have shipped a test miner to Nicehash and opened source to them to help improve the performance of A4 on NH. We will let you know the update.

All in all, thanks for your sharing experience here and help the whole community. A4 runs stable on sigle coin pool, only need improvement on PH and NH. We are working in process now.
We hope everyone can enjoy great revenue with A4. Also we want to improve our A4 better and better.

Thanks for your understanding and support!

Inno Support Team

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:18:53 AM

Hi all,

Long time no see.

We have shipped a test miner to Nicehash and opened source to them to help improve the performance of A4 on NH. We will let you know the update.

Inno Support Team

Hello Innosilicon, what is the update from Nicehash? What settings should I be using suitable for Nicehash? Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Hkct1

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:48:26 AM

Hi all,

Long time no see.

Inno Support Team

Hello Innosilicon, what is the update from Nicehash? What settings should I be using suitable for Nicehash? Thanks

Yes please! what are the settings? Nicehash?Huh?? Prohashing is disappointing, I have my hashrate stable at like 250mhz but am lucky to get 5 dollars a machine daily! very disappointing:(
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:11:45 PM

Hi all,

Long time no see.

Inno Support Team

It will be interesting to see what they come up with, I have contacted Inno and them about the drivers, I guess I am glad they let someone look at it, I was hoping to get a shot but oh well. I updated my boards to B3 myself and was hoping for a better luck, which over all they are better but still not good. I have went and patched the cgminer binary, for some reason no one has been able to tell me was why the cgminer took so long to run if you just started it, turns out there is a sleep(9) first thing in main, why is it there , who knows changed it to a 0 and works just fine, got wondering why ./cgminer --help took 10 seconds to run.

Another thing is the reboot on slightest problem, I changed the /sbin/shutdown binary to just do a sudo pkill cgminer, the only thing is you have to run cgminer command line and in a while loop but it restarts, but normally when it dies like this you have one more more hash boards that are going to act up ... so the next thing was to solder a wire to the MCU reset and tie them to a pin on the rPi that hardware resets them as well, seems to help some but still testing..

Only being about to poke around in assembly is a real bummer, unless there is just a simple answer everyone has overlooked I wonder if it is going to be easily fixable, sure it will mine LTC and other slow block coins one at time.

I just wish a bit more thought had went into some of this, I wish you could specify the voltage per board not as an over all, most of my units just need one board to have a little more but when you do them all you are wasting some power on the others.

Jarrid

Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 03:11:25 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 03:30:35 PM by Eyedol-X

I understand you've been unable to duplicate this issue and I know you haven't been very active here so I have outlined everything for you below including posts from Mjgraham experiencing and reporting the same issue, in the same timeframe.  

I have yet to find someone that can produce a screen capture illustrating B3 A4 running 2.0.2 that can show any number of Get Failures other than 0 because if 1 Get Failure is observed, the entire Raspberry Pi reboots itself. I challenge you to find me someone that can show you a screen capture that shows more than 1 Get Failure on a B3 A4 running 2.0.2. So far I can't find any evidence of that but I can show you screen captures below of my A2's running for more than 89 Days without a reboot and have multiple Get Failures. Get Failures are not always network issues on the client side and the entire system shouldn't reboot itself every time one happens. This doesn't happen in the A2 but it does happen in the A4 on multiple networks.

Mjgraham has reported the same issue
1st report here - January 18th, 2017 > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1727158.msg17545969#msg17545969
"Does look like any type of connection issue now reboots the Pi, internet goes down, reboot loop, pool goes down reboot loop. Why we decided to do this I have no idea."

2nd report here - January 18th, 2017 > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1727158.msg17549541#msg17549541
"I did verify that it runs /sbin/shutdown when there is a stratum connection problem, renamed the bin file to test but it shuts down the board and just quits working just tons of comm errors so no way to stop it."

3rd report here with details of what he's done to address this issue - February 9th, 2017 > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1251930.msg17796776#msg17796776
"Well batch 3 is better however I have made some modifications, I replaced /sbin/shutdown with another a file that does a hardware MCU reset , had to wire that in along with a sudo pkill cgminer to kill cgminer off, all of the stuff in ran in a do loop do it instantly restarts, well nearly for some reason the cgminer binary takes 10 seconds to start now for some reason."

4th report directly above this post
Another thing is the reboot on slightest problem, I changed the /sbin/shutdown binary to just do a sudo pkill cgminer, the only thing is you have to run cgminer command line and in a while loop but it restarts, but normally when it dies like this you have one more more hash boards that are going to act up ... so the next thing was to solder a wire to the MCU reset and tie them to a pin on the rPi that hardware resets them as well, seems to help some but still testing..

My reports of this issue
January 18th, 2017 - 1st report - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1727158.msg17544909#msg17544909
January 19th, 2017 - 2nd report with details - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.msg17553436#msg17553436
January 29th, 2017 - 3rd report - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.msg17660448#msg17660448
And a few e-mails exchanged with you all directly.

To date here is what I have done:
  • I have replaced the Pi
  • I have replaced the SD Card with a new one containing a fresh 2.0.2 image
  • I have had this same thing occur on a totally different network/location with a 3rd A4 I purchased.

What I have not done:
  • I have not yet made a video and uploaded it to youtube that demonstrates this issue in real time while simultaneously logged into the Pi to see the reboot as it occurs -- This video is my next thing to do after I get done with some international business travel coming up. I will be able to provide this video in a few weeks when I have time to make it. Hopefully this issue will be identified and fixed by the time I get back. I've been dealing with it for well over a month now

Here is an example of an A4 with 1 Get Failure on Prohash - January 19th, 2017 -- Immediately after the Pi Rebooted itself. This was with my original Pi and original SD Card running 2.0.2.

Here is an example of an A4 with 1 Get Failure on LitecoinPool - February 19th, 2017 -- Immediately after the Pi Rebooted itself. This is with my new Pi and new SD Card running 2.0.2 on a different network.

Here is an example of an A4 with 1 Get Failure on Nicehash - February 19th, 2017 -- Immediately after the Pi Rebooted itself. This is with my new Pi and new SD Card running 2.0.2 on a different network.

Here is one of my A2's running for 89 days on Prohash on a different network, 60 Get Failures but not a single reboot

Here is one of my A2's running for 109 days on Prohash on a different network, 82 Get Failures but not a single reboot
Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 02:34:20 PM

Hi all,

Long time no see.

Inno Support Team

It will be interesting to see what they come up with, I have contacted Inno and them about the drivers, I guess I am glad they let someone look at it, I was hoping to get a shot but oh well. I updated my boards to B3 myself and was hoping for a better luck, which over all they are better but still not good. I have went and patched the cgminer binary, for some reason no one has been able to tell me was why the cgminer took so long to run if you just started it, turns out there is a sleep(9) first thing in main, why is it there , who knows changed it to a 0 and works just fine, got wondering why ./cgminer --help took 10 seconds to run.

Only being about to poke around in assembly is a real bummer, unless there is just a simple answer everyone has overlooked I wonder if it is going to be easily fixable, sure it will mine LTC and other slow block coins one at time.

I just wish a bit more thought had went into some of this, I wish you could specify the voltage per board not as an over all, most of my units just need one board to have a little more but when you do them all you are wasting some power on the others.

Jarrid

Thanks for your update here, Jarrid.
Since we opened source to you and Nicehash, we would like you guys to work together for bettering the performance of A4 on Nicehash.

We tried to add "extronance" subscribe into the code of combiner but no luck.
That is why we decide to seek help from you. And we believe in you.

Till now we didn't have a certain progress from Nicehashing. We know it's not an easy job.

Guys thanks for all your support here. We will let you know if any further progress about this.

NativasPeruanas

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 03:00:56 AM

Hello, I had a graphic card miner and 2 Alcheminers. However, I seem to be having trouble figuring out how to get my A4 mining. Everytime I click real time monitor it says "error in socket" I cannot figure out how to get it mining, it will not even register on a mining pool. can someone PM me and help me with a step by step? I browsed on here but did not seem to find the answers I was looking for. Settings are 192.168.1.254, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1, 8.8.8.8
Thanks
kurbeks

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 05:40:31 AM

You pushing correct butons "set network" for IP's and "start" for pool address and etc.
NativasPeruanas

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:07:00 PM

You pushing correct butons "set network" for IP's and "start" for pool address and etc.

Yes, I contacted Innosilicon and they pointed me towards this thread. I have spent days trying to figure it out. I ordered 2 of them and am having the same trouble with both, I think its something simple that I am missing. The message I get when I click Real-time monitoring is : Error getting device list: ERR: socket connect(0) failed. Is there an updated I need to do some how. I have tried changing my ip address. I am very novice with computers and my 1st experience with command propmt and discovering how computers worked was when I had 4 Sapphire r9 290s, then 2 alcheminers (which were super point and click), and now these. I am learning but I have hit a road block. I need a step by step directions with this, i couldn't find any website or links that have given me information to fix my problem
Thanks
kurbeks

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:49:54 PM

Can you check with ipconfig if you using correct gateway. Also might change miner IP adress to something that isn't 254 as it's sometimes used  by other devices.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 10:47:41 PM

Did you plug the chip into the controller?  It took me about 30 minute of wondering why nothing was working to realize that I actually had to insert the memory card into the controller board.  It should be in one of the bags that was in the boxes.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
NativasPeruanas

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:28:49 PM

Did you plug the chip into the controller?  It took me about 30 minute of wondering why nothing was working to realize that I actually had to insert the memory card into the controller board.  It should be in one of the bags that was in the boxes.
Yes lol, that was the 1st issue I had. Figured that out quickly
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: