Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122527 times)
NativasPeruanas

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:08:19 AM

Can you check with ipconfig if you using correct gateway. Also might change miner IP adress to something that isn't 254 as it's sometimes used  by other devices.
I tried doing this. I do think it has to do with my ip, gateway something simple i am missing but this did not work.
thanks. I could really use a step by step directions in setting up this miner. I found several sites and links but none of them have helped me out and the innosilicon team pointed me to this thread
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:48:27 AM

I got a reply from Nicehash.

The told me to add this into password field.

d=32768

Most of the time it can sustain and maintain very close to 280MHs.

However, it does resets -- this is expected as NH has buyers will mine not only LTC.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:26:24 AM

I got a reply from Nicehash.

The told me to add this into password field.

d=32768

Most of the time it can sustain and maintain very close to 280MHs.

However, it does resets -- this is expected as NH has buyers will mine not only LTC.

Probably none of NH buyers mines LTC. As it's one of least profitable scrypt coins.
vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:27:28 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 03:33:31 AM by vinylwasp

Can you check with ipconfig if you using correct gateway. Also might change miner IP adress to something that isn't 254 as it's sometimes used  by other devices.
I tried doing this. I do think it has to do with my ip, gateway something simple i am missing but this did not work.
thanks. I could really use a step by step directions in setting up this miner. I found several sites and links but none of them have helped me out and the innosilicon team pointed me to this thread

Try reading the setup guide here https://www.eastshore.xyz/tour/ . It's the 3rd from the bottom in the menu on the left.

Oh, and make sure you give each miner a different IP address. It's 192.168.1.254 by default but you need to change it to something unique that nothing else on your network is using.

HTH

Cheers
adm134

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:32:01 AM

Hello. I want to share the way of mining on nicehash.
First go herehttps://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=asic and follow the instructions.
Now go to the address of our asic, I have it 192.168.1.254. http://imgur.com/a/bfg9W
Where POOL 1 # ADD computer name where the stratum proxy is running.
Now we need the PuTTY program.
To connect to the asic controller. Need such a setting. http://imgur.com/0MF6w4g
login pi password raspberry.
Now enter the commands cd /var/www and ls to view the contents of the folder.http://imgur.com/tlCP6FF
http://imgur.com/r29ZAfb  http://imgur.com/fhEUhgi
Now enter the command nano run.sh to fix the settings for mining. http://imgur.com/gN2RMS6  http://imgur.com/2D97frF
Attention when changing anything via the web interface, all these settings are overwritten, even if you press the start or stop button, these settings will be overwritten.
After changing the settings, press ctrl + x and enter.
After changing the settings, enter the command bash run.sh or restart the miner by simply turning off the electricity. http://imgur.com/uHdHRRW

After all these settings I got this way, so I'm very much pleased.
http://imgur.com/dYr0g2H http://imgur.com/tda378N http://imgur.com/srl5Wj4

gallery
http://imgur.com/gallery/bfg9W
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:04:53 AM

Hello. I want to share the way of mining on nicehash.
First go herehttps://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=asic and follow the instructions.
Now go to the address of our asic, I have it 192.168.1.254.
Where POOL 1 # ADD computer name where the stratum proxy is running.
Now we need the PuTTY program.
To connect to the asic controller. Need such a setting.
login pi password raspberry.
Now enter the commands cd /var/www and ls to view the contents of the folder.

Now enter the command nano run.sh to fix the settings for mining.  
Attention when changing anything via the web interface, all these settings are overwritten, even if you press the start or stop button, these settings will be overwritten.
After changing the settings, press ctrl + x and enter.
After changing the settings, enter the command bash run.sh or restart the miner by simply turning off the electricity.

After all these settings I got this way, so I'm very much pleased.

gallery

I am reading your post and you are saying to amend the run.sh to insert "scan-time=1" ... sounds like the same update on the Avalon A721s to get the cgminer to speed up bootup.

If I am mining direct to NH stratum server (not via local proxy), the fix above works too??

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
adm134

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:20:46 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 08:53:07 AM by adm134

If you want to use without a proxy, you can set scan time to 15, I had a small improvement in performance, but it's better to check and tell you if the difference is between 120 and 15 for nicehash.

I forgot to mention the main advantage of the proxy. XnSub On. http://imgur.com/qX3dbD6
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:53:02 AM

If you want to use without a proxy, you can set scan time to 15, I had a small improvement in performance, but it's better to check and tell you if the difference is between 120 and 15 for nicehash.

I forgot to mention the main advantage of the proxy. XnSub On. [img]http://imgur.com/qX3dbD6[img]

Ok will try this tonight.

Got it on the #xnsub. Thanks

mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:40:56 PM

I have been running with a local proxy as well  mostly so I can get a good hash rate graph. I have been working with Inno to improve the driver along with others. So far I have made some progress with both prohashing and nicehash, although the fixes for nicehash require hardware mods at least with what information I have on the hash board MCU firmware.

I was testing just one hash board but I was able to get 68-72Mh/s on Prohash and mid 60s on nicehash. The problem with nicehash is all the pool changes and stratum disconnects causes the hash board to loose it and some times they don't come back.

I have not heard out of Inno in over a week so I don't know any of their thoughts on the process, I finally got the jig two months later than expected but it was broke but I had already figured out how to flash the new firmware from one board to the another anyway so not as big of a deal.

Anyway just asking does anyone have and odd behaviors I need to look at, I know most of them but I will try to answer what I can and any feature requests, might as well try all of the above Smiley

While they let me have access to the cgminer code I am pretty sure it is not what is on 2.0.2 beta, there is no shutdown routine in there and they tried to fix a slow down issue that I don't see a fix for but that is not a problem already worked around it.

I have been using a proxy but that is mostly for switching pools which seems to break them easily and getting a graph on hash rate.

Thanks
Jarrid

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:06:47 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2017, 09:08:11 PM by citronick

I forgot to mention the main advantage of the proxy. XnSub On. [img]http://imgur.com/qX3dbD6[img]

Ok will try this tonight.

Got it on the #xnsub. Thanks

For now, I am just learning how to setup a proxy server using NH guide, I will run the A4s without proxy using "-p d=32768 --scan-time=15 --expiry=1" in the password field - that way, i dont have to edit run.sh directly -- that seems to work too.

Anybody can advise me if the scan time 15 is OK for a standard A4 rig (280MH)?

Su100

Activity: 135

Business models change. Its the mindset that stays

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:15:23 AM

Where do you buy your A4s?

I need to do some asics shopping, anyone know a good place? I am in EU.
NativasPeruanas

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:29:00 PM

Hello, I am having trouble with my a4 dominator. Everything looks right but when i try to run it. The real time monitoring page takes me Socket error page. I have spent days and reached out but no one can seem to address the issue. Please help. PM me if you know anything. thanks
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:29:13 PM

I have been running with a local proxy as well  mostly so I can get a good hash rate graph. I have been working with Inno to improve the driver along with others. So far I have made some progress with both prohashing and nicehash, although the fixes for nicehash require hardware mods at least with what information I have on the hash board MCU firmware.

I was testing just one hash board but I was able to get 68-72Mh/s on Prohash and mid 60s on nicehash. The problem with nicehash is all the pool changes and stratum disconnects causes the hash board to loose it and some times they don't come back.

I have not heard out of Inno in over a week so I don't know any of their thoughts on the process, I finally got the jig two months later than expected but it was broke but I had already figured out how to flash the new firmware from one board to the another anyway so not as big of a deal.

Anyway just asking does anyone have and odd behaviors I need to look at, I know most of them but I will try to answer what I can and any feature requests, might as well try all of the above Smiley

While they let me have access to the cgminer code I am pretty sure it is not what is on 2.0.2 beta, there is no shutdown routine in there and they tried to fix a slow down issue that I don't see a fix for but that is not a problem already worked around it.

I have been using a proxy but that is mostly for switching pools which seems to break them easily and getting a graph on hash rate.

Thanks
Jarrid

Thanks for your work on this, do you have a solution to stop the A4 from rebooting itself any time it sees a get failure?

This issue is really my only issue with it.

Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:16:21 AM

Hello, I am having trouble with my a4 dominator. Everything looks right but when i try to run it. The real time monitoring page takes me Socket error page. I have spent days and reached out but no one can seem to address the issue. Please help. PM me if you know anything. thanks

Which batch is your miner?  What version of the mining software do you have? 
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:21:11 AM

Which batch is your miner?  What version of the mining software do you have? 

Socket errors usually is due to incorrect settings, ie. starting diff too high, password settings contains invalid chars etc.

mjgraham

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:58:47 AM

I have been running with a local proxy as well  mostly so I can get a good hash rate graph. I have been working with Inno to improve the driver along with others. So far I have made some progress with both prohashing and nicehash, although the fixes for nicehash require hardware mods at least with what information I have on the hash board MCU firmware.

Thanks
Jarrid

Thanks for your work on this, do you have a solution to stop the A4 from rebooting itself any time it sees a get failure?

Actually the code they shared with me didn't have the shutdown routine in it which shocked me , for some reason had a sleep(9) in the main function, i think they tried the reboot plan is this, when it gets a pool disconnect the boards gets reset during that time the program cant communicate and just goes into almost always a situation it can't recover from so they do a reboot. The hash boards must have some kind of watchdog type thing that after it gets communicated with and stops it resets it's self and by that time the pi should be back up not an efficient plan. I have solved that but it has two outcomes at this point , another flashing for the boards or hardware mods and board flashing which are not super hard but does require soldering.

Since I have made the mods I have been mining Nicehash for 3 days now with no user intervention required, I had been trying to handle different errors differently but now I am thinking any error just reset the board after a little firmware mod instead of taking the board 2~3 seconds to get started it now takes like 0.1 seconds. I dont have access to the MCU firmware code so I dont know if a software update fix only is possible and I may have went overkill but something causes the board to stop talking and from the logic analyzer point of view it *looks* like the hash board is the issue. I dont know if a command is locking the board up I need to look into that a bit more.

My 1 day average on nicehash for 10 hash boards is 642 MH/s so that would make 128.4 MH/s for a 136 unit and 256.8 for a 270. on prohashing it was a bit better , the diff I think gets way to high on nicehash to quickly ,I am seeing 65K on mine I think that is to high and setting it doesn't make any difference.

vinylwasp

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:52:34 AM

Actually the code they shared with me didn't have the shutdown routine in it which shocked me , for some reason had a sleep(9) in the main function, i
My 1 day average on nicehash for 10 hash boards is 642 MH/s so that would make 128.4 MH/s for a 136 unit and 256.8 for a 270. on prohashing it was a bit better , the diff I think gets way to high on nicehash to quickly ,I am seeing 65K on mine I think that is to high and setting it doesn't make any difference.

So do you have any idea when we can expect a new software release from Inno with these fixes in it?
Any improvements would be great.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:22:27 AM

Thanks
Jarrid

Actually the code they shared with me didn't have the shutdown routine in it which shocked me , for some reason had a sleep(9) in the main function, i think they tried the reboot plan is this, when it gets a pool disconnect the boards gets reset during that time the program cant communicate and just goes into almost always a situation it can't recover from so they do a reboot. The hash boards must have some kind of watchdog type thing that after it gets communicated with and stops it resets it's self and by that time the pi should be back up not an efficient plan. I have solved that but it has two outcomes at this point , another flashing for the boards or hardware mods and board flashing which are not super hard but does require soldering.

Since I have made the mods I have been mining Nicehash for 3 days now with no user intervention required, I had been trying to handle different errors differently but now I am thinking any error just reset the board after a little firmware mod instead of taking the board 2~3 seconds to get started it now takes like 0.1 seconds. I dont have access to the MCU firmware code so I dont know if a software update fix only is possible and I may have went overkill but something causes the board to stop talking and from the logic analyzer point of view it *looks* like the hash board is the issue. I dont know if a command is locking the board up I need to look into that a bit more.

So in summary you are saying that this reboot issue isn't going to be fixed by a new version of the SD Card software and clearly Inno knows about this issue because they coded the boards this way, is that correct?

I've done everything short of creating a youtube video demonstrating the problem and so far the only response I get from Inno is denial of the problem or to completely ignore it and blame something else.

Thanks again for your work and efforts on this, I hope you can bring something to the table that fixes or improves the operation of these A4's for all of us.
klimpa

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:50:20 AM

really looking forward updated firmware and increased hashrate on nicehash.
mjgraham

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:02:50 PM

Thanks
Jarrid

So in summary you are saying that this reboot issue isn't going to be fixed by a new version of the SD Card software and clearly Inno knows about this issue because they coded the boards this way, is that correct?

I've done everything short of creating a youtube video demonstrating the problem and so far the only response I get from Inno is denial of the problem or to completely ignore it and blame something else.

Thanks again for your work and efforts on this, I hope you can bring something to the table that fixes or improves the operation of these A4's for all of us.

No it is going to be fixed, the latest version has the reboot thing commented out so it was there , a lot of this is speculation as to why on my part but oh well. I can say it will be a lot better that is for sure, the latest version we are working with is a lot better off, right now doing some side by side comparisons to see over time making a judgement over a short time of hashing can be misleading.
Jarrid

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: