Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:59:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 595 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834360 times)
XiriusZ10

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:13:58 PM

Hey! I have the same problem again. The miner restart and now it's mining monero and I can't change it. I will have to travel again to flash de usb drive -.-.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 03:44:19 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for the stupid question, I have been looking for that but couldn't find the answer.
So the question is how to connect to my rig via putty?
Where to find my rig ip and which port to use?
I know my external ip address, but the rig is behind firewall and maybe that is the problem.

Thanks in advance.

You can find it's local IP from your router but it is also listed under the SM webui first column just hover your mouse over it

The user/pass is just miner/miner

Anon12951

Activity: 123

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:48:49 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 06:10:47 PM by Anon12951

+1 on remember me button at login. Sometimes it asks for relogin too often.

azertypaco

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:18:16 PM

It's not bad power, that wouldn't cause one card to flake out. It could be a bad riser, cable or the little PCIE chip that plugs into the slot. I've had bad risers that run fine for days or weeks and then all of the sudden cards will drop off.  I hate to be obvious, but have you updated the BIOS and tried to set the Gen settings for the slots etc? I have one ASUS board and the rest are ASROCK H110 pro's. The H110's are setup for mining and  fired right up,  I have 6 10 card rx580 rigs running SMOS. The ASUS board is 8 cards and was kind of a PITA to get running. Had to set everything related to PCIE to Gen1, disable SATA controller, audio controller etc. Finally it has been running for over a week. I read ton's on boards before setting up my 10 card rigs and stayed away from the B250 as it seemed to have overheating issues and just be unstable compared to the H110 or another board. Hell, I paid $129 for my Asus Z270-P and it runs 8 cards...

Thanks for your answer.

In the B250 bios there is a mining mode where everything gets set properly right away (gen1, above 4g decoding).  I turned off the audio already but I can try and turn off all the things I don't use.

Tonight I'll do that and also embark on a mission to identify the faulty riser, if any.  I don't want to run with 1 risers at a time to identify the faulty one... I guess I'll try removing them 1 by 1  instead even if it might not be as accurate (if I have 2 faulty ones).

Otherwise I already ordered a new 6 pack of risers earlier this week since I have 3 more GPUs on the way.

Make sure you aren't trying to boot with a monitor plugged into one of the mining cards on B250. Also I found that mining mode doesn't really get you exactly where you need to be. You still need to set all your pcie to gen2 enable csm(I think that's what it's called). And make sure to enable onboard video.

Thanks.

I use onboard video already.  I had to enable CSM to even be able to boot so that's the first thing I ever did.
I played around with the PCI settings.. not sure if I tried GEN2 already.  

I'll test that AND I'll start writing down everything I do otherwise I'll end up doing everything twice while forgetting other things to try Wink

Update to my situation.

I replaced 1 PCIe riser, just the small part you plug in the PCIe slot on the mobo, it had something that did not appear normal.  The board was not showing that PCIe has having something plugged in but SMOS was detecting the card and using it fine (normal hashrate).  I replaced it to be safe not before it was not working.

But this fixes nothing.

I have 6 GPUs plugged with 6 risers.  

I tested with GPU 1-2-3-4 (with their respective risers unchanged) for 12 hours and everything runs perfectly.
Then I tested with GPU 3-4-5-6 (with their respective risers unchanged) for 12 hours and everything runs perfectly as well.

Am I right to assume all these risers are fine because of this?
In fact I pretty much know they are good, I used them to mine smoothly on a Z170 PC Mate with 5 GPUs for weeks.  (all 6 were used, I switched some around).

However the moment I plug 1 more GPU (number 1, with the same riser it's been tested with before), I have 4 GPU mining normally and 1 mining at 4Mh/s.

I tried both Gen1 and Gen2.
I disabled all the Sata but the one I use.
I disabled the audio controller.
I have CSM enabled.
I use on-board graphics, not PEG.
I have a fan pointing straight at the little chip that can get hot (in the middle of the PCIe slots).

Any help is appreciated.

Problem might be solved.  It's been running stable for 20 hours so while it's still early to claim victory it's still a very good improvement compared to my previous situation.

What I did to fix it was to turn the damn Mining mode OFF.  After that I set all the bios settings required for mining like regular motherboards require:
Basically: GEN2, Above 4G, disable everything not used.

If the problem was really with that I am not happy for Asus to have provided a buggy Mining mode.
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:26:48 PM

I cant wait to the day when i will have step by step HOW TO prepare, run, debug, and all other documentation in SMOS Smiley
There are soe many the same questions that repeat itself just becasuse people dont look behind in forum.
But i get it, This forum (i mean one thread with all questions and answers scater on those 350 pages is something that i would not search Tongue)

I am still thinking if making dedicated simplemining forum would be good idea or not.
I cant do this anytime soon but i am just thinking is this the right move.
Or meaby it would be just enought to make one big help page.
Any suggestions ?

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 09:33:53 PM

+1 on remember me button at login. Sometimes it asks for relogin too often.
I am aware of this problem that sometimes totally random someone gets logged out.
I cant debug it in my enviroment becasue it is so rare Sad
If anyone could give me some info WHEN is this happening and how to reproduce it ?
I am only suspecting that somehow cookie on client browser is changing and thats why server stops seeing someone as logged user.
I also count that after migration to Amazon AWS the problem will just disappear.

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
Dragstar

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:39:31 PM

Hi tytanick, do you plan to add the latest version of ethminer (0.13)? It work as well as Claymore for nvidia's gpus without the dev fee when mining ether.

Yes i will add it as there are few requests already.

PHI miner isnt on my list right now.

Hi all,
I am new user of SMOS.
Can I ask , if its possible change reboot timeout from 180sec, when miner crash?
Thank you.
What do you mean ?
Right now smos reboots itself instantly when there is some kernel problem.
I have also in plans adding more informations about crash like storing dump from miner console or dmesg.

Yes please add the eth miner
azertypaco

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:09:43 PM

Now that my rig stability problems are fixed... I have another type of problem with my network.

Basically, it appears as though my mining rig sometimes kills my router completely.

First time last week and back then I really thought the router was the problem:
My internet was down on my wifi.
So I went to check on my PC. No internet either.
I try to connect to my router (tp-link N750) and it can't be reached.
I rebooted the router. No change.
I reset the router. No change.
I connect a laptop straight to the modem: internet is up.

So I figured that the router was faulty and I went to the store to buy a new one: tp-link Archer C7.

Now I don't remember if I had turned off my rig before installing the new one... The new one worked... for a week.

Last night I got the same problems: no internet and can't even connect to the router.
But instead of trying to reboot and reset the router, I just turned off my mining rig. And voilà, everything was working again, I did not even need to restart the router.
Today I got the same problem again.  I turned off my rig and 1 minute later my network was up again.

The rig was stuck at the "Connecting to simplemining..." stage when I turned it off.

On my router admin pages I can't see any errors in the logs.

Important note: I have a switch between the router and the mining rig.  It's a basic dlink DGS-1005G.
I will try removing that switch from the setup and plug my rig directly in the routeur to see if it helps.

Any clues other then that? 

Some discussions about similar issues I found:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6xkau1/simplemining_os_with_5_or_6_gtx_1070s_makes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethOSdistro/comments/7k49ti/ethos_and_my_network_issues/

caipirinha

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:47:20 PM

Gays,

My ccminer does not mine Luxcoin (algorithm Phi)? Does anyone know how to mine in simpleming with Phi algorithm?

Tks
azertypaco

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:07:05 PM

I cant wait to the day when i will have step by step HOW TO prepare, run, debug, and all other documentation in SMOS Smiley
There are soe many the same questions that repeat itself just becasuse people dont look behind in forum.
But i get it, This forum (i mean one thread with all questions and answers scater on those 350 pages is something that i would not search Tongue)

I am still thinking if making dedicated simplemining forum would be good idea or not.
Any suggestions ?

There is no search thread specific search?
I ended up searching in 30-40 different pages to avoid asking already answered questions but there is no way I will search through 300+.

How about the reddit?
https://www.reddit.com/r/smOS/
But I guess you are not the owner there?

/r/simplemining/ is not taken if you want to start a reddit you control.
SafetySteve

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:28:46 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 03:08:49 AM by SafetySteve

Is it a problem if I disable root login from ssh?    Also, if it isn't, could you set that as default in future versions and maybe trim back the sudo permissions of the miner account to the bare minimum?

Thanks for a great mining OS.   Such a relief to have a stable platform.

Edit:   I had only made it through page 360 when I asked.  Question answered somewhere between there and here.   It's ok to disable root login via ssh.   I'd still like to see it done by default as well as paring back the miner's sudo access to only the bare essentials.   And one other thing, just because you don't port forward 22 to the outside world doesn't mean you're safe.   A lot of routers have back doors and are linux based so once somebody gains access to your router they can operate on your local network from there.   Change your passwords!
BigA3723

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:40:51 AM

Now that my rig stability problems are fixed... I have another type of problem with my network.

Basically, it appears as though my mining rig sometimes kills my router completely.

First time last week and back then I really thought the router was the problem:
My internet was down on my wifi.
So I went to check on my PC. No internet either.
I try to connect to my router (tp-link N750) and it can't be reached.
I rebooted the router. No change.
I reset the router. No change.
I connect a laptop straight to the modem: internet is up.

So I figured that the router was faulty and I went to the store to buy a new one: tp-link Archer C7.

Now I don't remember if I had turned off my rig before installing the new one... The new one worked... for a week.

Last night I got the same problems: no internet and can't even connect to the router.
But instead of trying to reboot and reset the router, I just turned off my mining rig. And voilà, everything was working again, I did not even need to restart the router.
Today I got the same problem again.  I turned off my rig and 1 minute later my network was up again.

The rig was stuck at the "Connecting to simplemining..." stage when I turned it off.

On my router admin pages I can't see any errors in the logs.

Important note: I have a switch between the router and the mining rig.  It's a basic dlink DGS-1005G.
I will try removing that switch from the setup and plug my rig directly in the routeur to see if it helps.

Any clues other then that? 

Some discussions about similar issues I found:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6xkau1/simplemining_os_with_5_or_6_gtx_1070s_makes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethOSdistro/comments/7k49ti/ethos_and_my_network_issues/

So I have 5 rigs running with 45 1070ti total and I get exact same. It seems One will get knocked offline and then soon all of them are offline trying to connect to server even though I have perfect internet available as I monitor it on my iPad. I turn off the one that had a card stopped on past and all of the other 4 rigs instantly reconnect and go on with no downtime. I tried setting each rig up under a different miner name but no difference when it happens. Also, it has run 4 days stable no problems, suddenly like 5 crashes earlier and then stable again, I just start turning off miners till I find culprit and the rest reconnect and restart the ones I turned off. I tried using the new file of Smos for NVidia cards on a new usb, but so far seems to be real buggy, I have to unplug and Re plug my usb on startup because it says usb bad. About to reflash a drive with older file to see if it fixes that.

Vosk Coin did a livestream yesterday with a miningcave rig that came with smos already loaded and had issue with new file also so had to flash another drive with older smos file too.

One strange thing, when I lost connection earlier, I went to google overclocking setting and google made me check one of the your not a robot boxes before I could continue because it said I had unusual traffic from my connection. Earlier today I also had to change the port on my Xbox when I tested multiplayer connections after I couldn’t stay connected for a game on battlefield 1.

Sorry for rant but maybe that adds more clues, maybe traffic issue, maybe a port issue?
BigA3723

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:59:23 AM

I have Zotac Amp Extreme 1070ti’s in all my rigs, I usually stick to ZClassic, Zen or Zcash...equihash, what is best OC?

I had always read  +200core  +700mem was sweet spot but my sols were kinda low so I e been running past month +175 core +800mem at 115 watts originally and now 120 wats and thinking of going up on power and drop mem to +750 or +775.

Also, they will run a week or 10 days nonstop, and then one of the rigs with get a gpu is stuck, trying to restart. Is that a crash related issue or a connection issue?

I am running 4 rigs off a 240v Delta server psu and using a little Pico amp to power motherboard and two Molex connectors and SATA the Asrock 110 pro BTC requires. I’ve had a feeling these cheap little pico amps have a little bit of occasional voltage variation and is the reason I will have occasional failure maybe once a week. Was considering buying a second small ATX psu just to replace pico amp. About how many watts just for mobo and it’s 5 required plugs, ATX, cpu, 2 moles, and a SATA?
Kritz

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:15:15 AM

Hi SMOS,

Can we please get an update to ccminer 2.2.4? Here is the link - https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

Thank you.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:56:52 AM

Gays,

My ccminer does not mine Luxcoin (algorithm Phi)? Does anyone know how to mine in simpleming with Phi algorithm?

Tks

Try

-a phi -o stratum+tcp://pool.unimining.net:8333 -u LQH6iofaGnyHSEbBC4HGrd29v8W7BcPwzV -p c=LUX --cpu-priority=3

use the ccminer for skunk

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
crypto4pizza

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:56:27 AM

Any suggestions ?

I think a dedicated forum would be good if there's a good amount of documentation that can be pinned for people to utilize, or if you have mods/support staff that'll help you troubleshoot/answer questions.
ne0x86

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:30:42 AM

Last hiveos update:

0.5-21 2018-01-28

Updated amdmeminfo, more accurate mem type detection
    Claymore Dual 10.6
    Claymore CryptoNote 11.2
    Ethminer 0.1.3
    NEW ccminer-alexis-1.5.3
    NEW ccminer-bcd-1.0.0
    NEW ccminer-djm34-0.3.0
    NEW ccminer-klaust-8.19
    NEW ccminer-nanashi-2.2.mod.r2
    NEW ccminer-phi-anxmod-1.0
    NEW ccminer-sp-mod-1.5.81
    NEW ccminer-tpruvot-2.2.4
    NEW ccminer-xevan-0.1
    Ccminers are now auto downloaded if used, no need for manual installation anymore
    NEW sgminer-gatelessgate 0.1.3-pre6b, Neosrypt for AMD cards
    NEW sgminer-phi 5.6.1, Phi for AMD cards
    Sgminer and Ccminer now support failover pools from the wallet

Im using sm from 1 year ago and I was very fan, but being honest, this is what SM needs..

frode88

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:38:55 AM

This didnt work for me:

3 Rigs are 500km away and in SM it says "offline", but its still working, i have access to the router and also see the consumption ...
In SM i see its Software RX 1142, and the network has ipv6...
It worked find up till today  Huh

PLEASE help ASAP

Please write to me at admin@simplemining.net
I would need from you ssh access to one of your rigs to check it out or team veiwer to any windows that is in the same network LAN as rigs.

Also i see that sometimes there is problme that 0,5% user having when cloudflare is changing ip addresses of my domain.
It seems that some DNS resolvers on client side are not working properly and that would be the ISP fault or client router.
Still i would like to check it.
Hi.
This router problem- I have same problem and almost made me crazy. change Router and wellaa works like a charm. dont use Asus router Smiley
Shao Lam

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:43:24 AM

hi guys, does anyone know about the OC for Manli P106 090 GPUS, can't seem to get the memory clock work.  would be great if anyone could help, thanks
telep

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 08:57:19 AM

Hi !

Since yesterday´s update, my rig with Asrock H110 can´t detect GPU´s ( "There is no screen to be attached matching miner" )

At first after update, i saw super high temperatures on gps (kinda 500º), after that it seems motherboard doesn´t recognize gpus at SMOS start but it does at bios.

Someone with this issue? Any help?
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 ... 595 »
  Print  

Jump to: