Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:52:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Save you Bitcoin for your (grand) child / children?  (Read 36297 times)
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:24:53 PM

I have sold some part of my holdings but 5 Bitcoins are still in my possession. I am willing to sell and trying to hold them for long term. It is still too early to estimate the true value of Bitcoin. It will have limited supply which gives it huge value and it can go really too high even beyond one's imagination. I will hold at least this quantity which I mentioned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 12:50:57 PM

agree with you, I will keep some of the bitcoins for my grand children with that they will be independent of any other person and will be able to live a better life and will be able to invest in their age.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 01:59:53 PM

Bitcoin is a long term project. Therefore it makes sense to save small parts over a long horizon. Do you save Bitcoins for your (grand) child or children?

For those who do not have (grand) children (yet), would you save Bitcoin for them if you would have (grand) children?

You're way thinking into the future if you're saving up for your grand kids. Besides, your grandkids aren't your responsibility anymore by that time so it doesn't matter.

And your idea of a long term project is really long I suppose.
hahahaha yaa The idea about saving bitcoins for the grandchildren seems quite loooong.  I would not want to do that Unless I own a massive amount of bitcoins you know. Who knows if you will see your grandchildren or ever have one !!! 
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 02:36:45 PM

agree with you, I will keep some of the bitcoins for my grand children with that they will be independent of any other person and will be able to live a better life and will be able to invest in their age.

Yeah, prepare mentally and thought-provoking special is a very wonderful thing and we have to do. Because surely the Children will become adults and they should be able to determine the attitude in the face of economic competition
mafgwaf@gmail.com

Activity: 560

Crypterium - Digital Cryptobank with Credit Token

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:28:36 PM

I think im not. Im saving my bitcoin to buy my personal stuff , Because my work doesnt give me such a good income. Thats why i find a way of getting extra income. Maybe If i have a family I can teach them on earning bitcoins

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
Cresciuanto

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:32:42 PM

Bitcoin is a long term project. Therefore it makes sense to save small parts over a long horizon. Do you save Bitcoins for your (grand) child or children?

For those who do not have (grand) children (yet), would you save Bitcoin for them if you would have (grand) children?

You're way thinking into the future if you're saving up for your grand kids. Besides, your grandkids aren't your responsibility anymore by that time so it doesn't matter.

hahahaha yaa The idea about saving bitcoins for the grandchildren seems quite loooong.  I would not want to do that Unless I own a massive amount of bitcoins you know. Who knows if you will see your grandchildren or ever have one !!! 
but i think its not a bad idea. what we have is the property of our children after us. but it doesnt mean not to use our bitcoin for own needs. i think first we should accomplish our need from bitcoin and what remaining is for our children.
Jimbola3

Activity: 382

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:39:45 PM

Keeping bitcoins for your grand children sounds quite long. I think the value of bitcoins will be high till then. We have a lot of money from it.
In those days may bitcoins would be quite common giving paper money would be more valuable hahaha !!!
ezehy2014

Activity: 257

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:40:18 PM

Wow this is a nice idea, i think i buy the idea, i will save like 1000 btc for my grand children, maybe by thrn 1btc will be $10k
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 03:49:04 PM

Bitcoin still consider as risky investment so I'm decide to save them for my grand child !
Instead I will turn bitcoin into my local currency ( with highest value ) and I can save it for my grand children later

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:01:36 PM

Thats really good idea, i like it but if i die tomorrow, so the dream never come true. But if i live long life than definitely i would do it.
So i wanna save my bitcoins for my son for his future study. Actually i want to buy a plot for my baby's name but now i have changed my mind and i decide that i will buy some bitcoins more and also save it for my son's future. 
Maesters1-

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:14:00 PM

Keeping bitcoins for your grand children sounds quite long. I think the value of bitcoins will be high till then. We have a lot of money from it.
In those days may bitcoins would be quite common giving paper money would be more valuable hahaha !!!

how ever we have to keep and save some of our property for them. as it is our responsibility to help then and assest them. you know that is what we are doing for our self. because our children are our property and we have full right to use their income without asking from them.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:26:06 PM

According to a title yeah i save bitcoins for the future of my children not only for my children also for my parents and my brothers because they working and take a job to them to finance their study..
Also savings that i will have a future to use bitcoin to my baby and to have a great future with bitcoin.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 16, 2016, 05:43:08 PM

The main problem is, you can't really know if your grand child or whatever, are going to be able to keep the password and decrypt the wallet to get the coins. I think it's too risky.. so I might enjoy the bitcoin myself.
realm

Activity: 351

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 09:38:46 PM

The main problem is, you can't really know if your grand child or whatever, are going to be able to keep the password and decrypt the wallet to get the coins. I think it's too risky.. so I might enjoy the bitcoin myself.

I think the biggest risk is the existence of bitcoin itself until then.
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:29:40 PM

Well, you do not need to give them the password or private key immediately. You could write it into your last will or you could tell them where to find it when you are dead including a little tutorial what Bitcoin is and how to access it if they are not familiar with it Cheesy

takingthis4

Activity: 504

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:33:08 PM

thats true, i think it is just better to spend it all yourself after a bigger price growth and that would be it you wouldnt need to worry about it i think

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:38:48 PM

I was unmarried. this time I think like you. maybe someday in the future of bitcoin prices can be very high. I will save the investment and I hope I can be happy candidate for my children in the future.
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 12:39:16 PM

Well, it is very good idea to save our coins for our grand child, maybe than BTCitcoin will be the world most secure currency and so majority to the people will start using for their daily use, I still have some coins into my reserve there and keep holding for a brighter future.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:01:12 PM

i am still a kid myself and also i am still single so i have to find a wife and have some children then think about what i am going to leave them Cheesy

but it is a good idea to put something away in cold storage for them and then put the password to decrypt that cold storage wallet in your will so they can find it and use the balance.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 01:06:57 PM

If you have more than 100 bitcoins,sell some and invest in some real world.You never know if bitcoin would survive till your grand children or if it does survive,what would it's value be.Your grand children will curse you for not cashing in on when bitcoin value is high.On the other hand if you only have 1 btc,save it for your grand children

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: