Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:51:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lindin99

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:09:37 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2016, 03:45:24 PM by lindin99

Russian Translate https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1558885.0
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:10:08 PM

30% is a bit high 10-15% is reasonable or the op can make a poll and we can cast a vote, just don`t put the whole supply on the ICO, and may i repeat this in every ICO coins i have participated please a working wallet on launch please.

We thought this for a long time. 30% will be distributed during a year of mining, not for a few days or weeks. We believe it is the best way to make a fair distribution. But equally we will read the opinions of everyone before launching the maintnet.

That is a good idea. Just be fair between POW and POS  so many people will join this project .

one of the most successful ico project-lisk did the other pattern-large coins to ico investors, also got so many players on board. I don't think mining will be good for this project, and 30% is too much, i prefer pos scheme

yeah me too

i don't wanna this good coin's price will be destroyed by miners, we can skyrocket like lisk, no need miners at all.

I think many people won't invest this because of 30% coins prepared for miners, we don't pay them free money.

Shapeshiftscam and others who feel the same, do not worry, if there is a unanimous/majority opinion on this subject simply the PoW % will be changed. There is time until the start of the ICO (6 days) to set the final rules.

vlight

Activity: 656

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 03:36:38 PM

Looks like a great project. Can't wait for it to appear on icocountdown.  Tongue
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:22:16 PM

30% is a bit high 10-15% is reasonable or the op can make a poll and we can cast a vote, just don`t put the whole supply on the ICO, and may i repeat this in every ICO coins i have participated please a working wallet on launch please.

We thought this for a long time. 30% will be distributed during a year of mining, not for a few days or weeks. We believe it is the best way to make a fair distribution. But equally we will read the opinions of everyone before launching the maintnet.

That is a good idea. Just be fair between POW and POS  so many people will join this project .

It's bad idea imo and POW distribution is the worst. Consider to use LISK-like or similar scheme

Devs won't get any money from POW miners - the miners will be just dumping the coins
shapeshiftscam

Activity: 609

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:29:31 PM

That is a good idea. Just be fair between POW and POS  so many people will join this project .

It's bad idea imo and POW distribution is the worst. Consider to use LISK-like or similar scheme

Devs won't get any money from POW miners - the miners will be just dumping the coins

Yes, i consider pow-ico is a bad circulation: ico players afraid miners dump, they will invest less, it is no doubt that this will cause devs get less fund.

Look at other great projects like lisk, nxt, nem, are all pos or similar scheme. the only exception is ethereum, only one of thousand ico coins. Other coins unlikely be next eth.

Miners are rich, let them invest money to you, not get free money from you and investors. Cheesy
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:52:16 PM

It is good to see 2 good devs on board, could you elaborate more info on them? And we hope we can get confirmation from them.

BTW, self-moderated is not good in some ways.

As you can see in their profiles, both have added Opair. On the other hand, Frank will do a couple interviews in the coming weeks. Finally, we will be organizing a meeting in London as we announced in our thread. Anyone may attend, prior registration.

Yeah, I notice it, no doubt it is a LEGIT project, with 2 top devs and a nice PR, I mean you   Grin

BTW, I have questions:
1. will you use escrow service?(if not, i feel ok cause you proved you are legit team)
2. when will your mainnet be live? when will you send the coins to investors?
3. how much does the team hold the coins?

my 2 cents: 30% of total coins are mining seems unfair to investors.

Hi sir, could u answer my questions? Thanks
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 05:04:24 PM

It is good to see 2 good devs on board, could you elaborate more info on them? And we hope we can get confirmation from them.

BTW, self-moderated is not good in some ways.

As you can see in their profiles, both have added Opair. On the other hand, Frank will do a couple interviews in the coming weeks. Finally, we will be organizing a meeting in London as we announced in our thread. Anyone may attend, prior registration.

Yeah, I notice it, no doubt it is a LEGIT project, with 2 top devs and a nice PR, I mean you   Grin

BTW, I have questions:
1. will you use escrow service?(if not, i feel ok cause you proved you are legit team)
2. when will your mainnet be live? when will you send the coins to investors?
3. how much does the team hold the coins?

my 2 cents: 30% of total coins are mining seems unfair to investors.

Hi sir, could u answer my questions? Thanks

Of course,

1) "-   About the escrow for the ICO, we are planning to use a multisig with two trusted personalities to give more confidence to investors. This is a point not decided yet. Any suggestions are welcome."
2) As soon as we finish the ICO. "the idea is to launch a basic platform shortly after the ICO ends to start the distribution and, at the same time, try out the first Beta versions of our new platform. Once we have our first stable version we will transfer everyone to it on a pre-set date so as everybody is on the loop and no one is taken by surprise. The mining will continue on the new platform taking into consideration the stage found under the rules set it in here. We estimate that we will have the first public Beta two weeks after we finish distributing the ICO and the first steady version two months after the ICO."
3) 0% "-   100% of the coins will be distributed; we want to highlight that 0% will be retained by us as background/premine/developer funds/bounty funds. All payments will come from what we gather at ICO. "

P.S: It seems that everyone thinks the same about the percentage of PoW. We would like the other users continue to give their opinion.

tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:29:01 PM

It seems that Lisk is your role model  Grin Will join in signature campaign. I am curious what will icocountdown"s verdict on this will be.If he says you"re legit that i am in.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2016, 06:29:56 PM

The signature campaign has just kicked off.
Get your spots and collect your shares over here -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559043.0

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Take the red pill

Activity: 416

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 06:48:25 PM

set up mining pool as soon as posible,, please  Grin
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:00:13 PM

I think it's nice of you to not take a share in the coins, but, what gives the Dev team any incentive to update and maintain the coin without having a stake involved.
I wouldn't be opposed to a 1% dev fund.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 07:06:17 PM

30% PoW is a truly bad idea for ICO investors (and you will likely get less ICO funds for development). As you suggested you won't have any dev funds reserved I think it would be better that 96 million coins are sold in the ICO (bounties and you reserve like 2% 1m for future development) and declining PoS like first 3 years 5%, 4-5th year 4, ...  - also don't put to much in bounties those who will be interested in coin will invest and will show their support via bounties as well doesn't matter if it's 1m bounties or just 100k bounties.

wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:01:47 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2016, 10:30:33 PM by wasserman99

I think it's nice of you to not take a share in the coins, but, what gives the Dev team any incentive to update and maintain the coin without having a stake involved.
I wouldn't be opposed to a 1% dev fund.

Mr.Ease, we do not need that kind of incentive. Obviously we will have a % of the project, but do not get by premine / bounty dev or buying at the stage of ICO (because it would be fraud). When the ICO ends, we will invest a percentage of what we got in the ICO and our own money to buy our stakes.

30% PoW is a truly bad idea for ICO investors (and you will likely get less ICO funds for development). As you suggested you won't have any dev funds reserved I think it would be better that 96 million coins are sold in the ICO (bounties and you reserve like 2% 1m for future development) and declining PoS like first 3 years 5%, 4-5th year 4, ...  - also don't put to much in bounties those who will be interested in coin will invest and will show their support via bounties as well doesn't matter if it's 1m bounties or just 100k bounties.

Since unanimity on the subject, I will talk with Frank and Hao to reach a consensus on the new distribution. I imagine that we will modify the percentages, maybe 90-10 or 85-15 (instead of 70-30).

Regards

psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:08:11 PM

I might mine a few of these.  Wink
A few trillion.

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
starsnshamrocks

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:30:04 PM

I will follow this project.
neolinkhati
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Premium

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:27:04 PM

project very good!!!

How work fair distribution?

Thanks!
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:31:58 PM

project very good!!!

Thanks!

As we said before,

Fair Distribution: We have been analyzing the last ICO´s and we realized that the distribution is not as fair as it should be. On the one hand, most of the distribution of the coins usually is in the hands of so few, that’s why we decided that 30% of the coin will be distributed old school through PoW. On the other hand, most developers don´t distribute 100% of the coins and they keep a portion (%) in their hands as background/developer/premine/bounty funds, so we want to highlight that 0% will be retained by us.

This is our initial vision but many people have complained that 30% via PoW may be manipulated by whales so I will talk with Frank and Hao to reach a consensus on the new distribution. I imagine that we will modify the percentages, maybe 90-10 or 85-15 (instead of 70-30).

psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:32:19 PM

project very good!!!

Thanks!

Did you read the op?

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
neolinkhati
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Premium

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:37:23 PM

project very good!!!

Thanks!

As we said before,

Fair Distribution: We have been analyzing the last ICO´s and we realized that the distribution is not as fair as it should be. On the one hand, most of the distribution of the coins usually is in the hands of so few, that’s why we decided that 30% of the coin will be distributed old school through PoW. On the other hand, most developers don´t distribute 100% of the coins and they keep a portion (%) in their hands as background/developer/premine/bounty funds, so we want to highlight that 0% will be retained by us.

This is our initial vision but many people have complained that 30% via PoW may be manipulated by whales so I will talk with Frank and Hao to reach a consensus on the new distribution. I imagine that we will modify the percentages, maybe 90-10 or 85-15 (instead of 70-30).

Sorry I just finished reading the thread. Thanks!
kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:51:45 PM

project very good!!!

Thanks!

As we said before,

90-10 is ok in my oppinion but more POW % would be not good for İCO investors. Cant you completely use POS, it would be a much better choice..
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: