Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:29:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] OPAIR | Decentralized Debit Cards | OCaml | New Blockchain Platform  (Read 127605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wasserman99 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 04:56:39 PM

I don't think you have any promotions defined for twitter promotions. However, I'm following and continuting support in twitter.

No, I'm sorry, but you can join our signature campaign.

Hey dude, do want a portuguese translation?
Call me if u need this.
Cya

Sorry, its already taken.

Will the Opair wallet be a software? or a website? the picture you posted on the thread looks much more like a modern website.

YIz, will be a software. The picture is just a prototype.

Any web wallet like LISK in the future maybe?

I agree, an addition of a web wallet is really good. especially when the blockchain becomes heavy and people don't use the currency solely because it takes too long to download.

Of course, there will be a web wallet.

Following with interest. Are you looking to register this as an official company/NGO?

We're studying our options as we said in the thread. We are evaluating the creation of a gGmbH, as soon as we contact the law firm will provide you more details of our options.

Read this please:

Frank, our founder, proposed to create a gGmbH -it is similar to a tax-exempt LLC but in Germany- to manage the funds gathered at the ICO, which we think it will be a wise move and it will offer more transparency to our project and the security for to the XPO holders to know that we will not act irrationally or for our own profit. Therefore after discussing this matter and given that Frank lives in Germany we decided that the idea of creating a gGmbH or another type of organization will bring reassurance and confidence to our investors.     

Due to the fact that we do not count with a legal consultant, after doing some research, we came across with Winheller Attorneys Tax Advisors firm, who we think will meet our needs. You can find more information about them at: http://www.winheller.com/en/nonprofit-organizations/nonprofit-limited-liability-co/set-up-a-nonprofit-llc-in-germany.html. What made up our minds was the fact that they have worked with Bitcoin (http://www.winheller.com/en/banking-finance-and-insurance-law/bitcoin-trading.html) and that they accept BTC to hire them. Even though we have not reached them yet, we plan to do so shortly to discuss our project and as soon as we have some information we will post it.

Will this Opaircoin on full feature released once the ICO has been completed? If not how soon will all its features will be fully implemented? Do you have any working roadmap as well?
Has it done some all kind of testing too? Thanks

Hi, I can not give you a date when it will be ready all our features. As we said, the first public beta will be available two weeks after the ICO and the first stable version two months later.
About our important features that I guess is what interests you, both the implementation of smart contracts and decentralized debit cards will be present from the first beta, which anyone can test them. Obviously from day 1 will not be complete and stable, so it is a beta. The decentralized debit cards are likely to be ready for the first stable version of the platform, but not the implementation of smart contracts as it involves a higher amount of working time, knowledge and development, given the language we are using.

Thanks for answering my question. That is good to know, will there be distribution of physical debit cards for this? How long will it take for the implementation of smart contracts then?

About your first question, you have two options. The easiest is to buy the smart card configured and loaded from a vendor, which can of course be recharged simply by yourself. The other option is to buy both the smart card and the reader to a provider (must comply with our requirements) and do it all on your own. This second option would not cost more than 100 usd. A good place to see hardware is: http://www.smartcardfocus.com.

The implementation of the smart contracts could take us from 2-3 months to 5-6 months. I think they are realistic dates for a product of this kind. You have to keep in mind that it is a huge work that lies ahead. We must do everything from scratch but we are confident that the wait will be worth it. However it is available in our beta for testing.

Have you discussed with CEO and HAO about distribution issue? IMO 26th is very near, so you guys should decide it asap. BTW, smart contract costs time, it is normal, we can accept this. Eth was developed for 1 year. So you are good enough.

Before the end of the day we will update that point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wahyu5

Activity: 729

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 06:52:55 PM

What price ico of OPIR and any minimum to buy token?

Thanks!
darkjack

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:32:18 PM

Thanks!

Ophir is a startup concept - a good concept.  Valuation needs to keep in mind it is only a concept right now.  How many tokens will be released in the ICO and what will be the yearly inflation of the mined coin?
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 08:06:24 PM

Thanks!

Ophir is a startup concept - a good concept.  Valuation needs to keep in mind it is only a concept right now.  How many tokens will be released in the ICO and what will be the yearly inflation of the mined coin?

The value per token is determined by the amount of BTC invested during ICO, like Lisk, Rise, Waves et. al did.

Around 30% of the total coin supply will be mined using PoW, this PoW phase ends after a year. (60 seconds block time, 55 tokens per block)

There is PoS with 3% annual interest, what that means in newly generated coins is not easy to determine.

Pro Tip: read the first post of an ANN thread.
It's all written in the First post, actually. Took me like 30 seconds to find it.
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:36:37 PM

so excited, i'm participating in the signature campaign. Hopefully it will be a success.
For all users, do you have any idea how much they will get?

darkjack

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 10:44:57 PM

Thanks!

Ophir is a startup concept - a good concept.  Valuation needs to keep in mind it is only a concept right now.  How many tokens will be released in the ICO and what will be the yearly inflation of the mined coin?

The value per token is determined by the amount of BTC invested during ICO, like Lisk, Rise, Waves et. al did.

Around 30% of the total coin supply will be mined using PoW, this PoW phase ends after a year. (60 seconds block time, 55 tokens per block)

There is PoS with 3% annual interest, what that means in newly generated coins is not easy to determine.

Pro Tip: read the first post of an ANN thread.
It's all written in the First post, actually. Took me like 30 seconds to find it.

Agreed.  70% of coins will be on offer for the ICO.  3% annual inflation (interest for PoS holders).  The free market offers are hard to judge.  Herd mentality will probably pump the valuation up.  Lisk and Waves are way overvalued at their stages without market validation.  Look at Factom for fair valuation with both a successful proof of concept released and market validation.  I think Decred and Expanse are very likely overvalued at their stage compared to Shift.

If I were participating in Opair as an angel in a traditional company, I would be very hesitant to value the concept for more than $250K tops at this early stage.  That's roughly 270 BTC raise for the ICO.  Rule of thumb is just enough for the devs to prove the concept. 

Question: if 70% is being offered in the ICO and 30% is reserved for PoW/PoS (and 1,000 or 0.001042% for translation bounties - are there more?), what are the devs reserving?  How are the devs being compensated for their work?  (Also a risk factor in the success/failure of a project.)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:06:59 PM

(snip)

Question: if 70% is being offered in the ICO and 30% is reserved for PoW/PoS (and 1,000 or 0.001042% for translation bounties - are there more?), what are the devs reserving?  How are the devs being compensated for their work?  (Also a risk factor in the success/failure of a project.)

Well, they will keep none of the tokens for themselves, but plan on buying some after the ICO. They are compensated with the ICO funds, I guess?
I'm not too keen on them effectively buying back tokens, I must say. Was discussed on the previous page, actually (or the one before that). 
techsaavy7

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:22:33 AM

What date will mining start  Huh
dimitrimahiro

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

While men's faith is down, I rock my own w my lovr

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:18:11 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 06:47:02 AM by dimitrimahiro

Here's the Korean Hangul Translation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563130  Smiley Smiley
Archula

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:43:18 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 06:41:23 AM by Archula

can i please reserve the greek translations?
-----------
done Cheesy
that was way more difficult than i thought!
beyinsi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:52:00 AM

interesting project, go on..

Read first post on Spec title
What date will mining start  Huh
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:45:10 PM

So ICO starts in 2 days,will be interesting.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 04:31:00 PM

I'm getting excited for the 26th! you said the ICO will be handled manually, do you mean by PMs? please let me know.
techsaavy7

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:44:13 PM

I read- •  Name: Opair (XPO)

•  PoW+PoS (Fairly distribution)

•  96,000,000 Total Coins

•  3% Annual Interest

•  Minimum Stake Age: 12 hours   

•  Block Reward: 55 coin per block – until 525600th block

•  Block Time: 60 seconds

But when will the POW mining phase begin to start mining them?
lindin99

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:51:39 PM

•  3% Annual Interest

When and how POW will start!?

As soon as we finish the ICO distribution. As we have said, we will release a basic version of the platform when we conclude the ICO. Not defined yet, but in principle the phase PoW work with algo X13.
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:53:14 PM

I'm getting excited for the 26th! you said the ICO will be handled manually, do you mean by PMs? please let me know.

In our platform, there is an option to add your generated XPO address. So, during the first days, you will be able to download a basic version of the client to generate your XPO address and after that, the distribution will be made within 24-48 hours.

I read- •  Name: Opair (XPO)

•  PoW+PoS (Fairly distribution)

•  96,000,000 Total Coins

•  3% Annual Interest

•  Minimum Stake Age: 12 hours  

•  Block Reward: 55 coin per block – until 525600th block

•  Block Time: 60 seconds

Call me if u need this.
Cya

Will the Opair wallet be a software? or a website? the picture you posted on the thread looks much more like a modern website.

I agree, an addition of a web wallet is really good. especially when the blockchain becomes heavy and people don't use the currency solely because it takes too long to download.

Following with interest. Are you looking to register this as an official company/NGO?

We're studying our options as we said in the thread. We are evaluating the creation of a gGmbH, as soon as we contact the law firm will provide you more details of our options.

Read this please:

Frank, our founder, proposed to create a gGmbH -it is similar to a tax-exempt LLC but in Germany- to manage the funds gathered at the ICO, which we think it will be a wise move and it will offer more transparency to our project and the security for to the XPO holders to know that we will not act irrationally or for our own profit. Therefore after discussing this matter and given that Frank lives in Germany we decided that the idea of creating a gGmbH or another type of organization will bring reassurance and confidence to our investors.    

Due to the fact that we do not count with a legal consultant, after doing some research, we came across with Winheller Attorneys Tax Advisors firm, who we think will meet our needs. You can find more information about them at: http://www.winheller.com/en/nonprofit-organizations/nonprofit-limited-liability-co/set-up-a-nonprofit-llc-in-germany.html. What made up our minds was the fact that they have worked with Bitcoin (http://www.winheller.com/en/banking-finance-and-insurance-law/bitcoin-trading.html) and that they accept BTC to hire them. Even though we have not reached them yet, we plan to do so shortly to discuss our project and as soon as we have some information we will post it.

Will this Opaircoin on full feature released once the ICO has been completed? If not how soon will all its features will be fully implemented? Do you have any working roadmap as well?

Hi, I can not give you a date when it will be ready all our features. As we said, the first public beta will be available two weeks after the ICO and the first stable version two months later.
About our important features that I guess is what interests you, both the implementation of smart contracts and decentralized debit cards will be present from the first beta, which anyone can test them. Obviously from day 1 will not be complete and stable, so it is a beta. The decentralized debit cards are likely to be ready for the first stable version of the platform, but not the implementation of smart contracts as it involves a higher amount of working time, knowledge and development, given the language we are using.

Thanks for answering my question. That is good to know, will there be distribution of physical debit cards for this? How long will it take for the implementation of smart contracts then?

About your first question, you have two options. The easiest is to buy the smart card configured and loaded from a vendor, which can of course be recharged simply by yourself. The other option is to buy both the smart card and the reader to a provider (must comply with our requirements) and do it all on your own. This second option would not cost more than 100 usd. A good place to see hardware is: http://www.smartcardfocus.com.

The implementation of the smart contracts could take us from 2-3 months to 5-6 months. I think they are realistic dates for a product of this kind. You have to keep in mind that it is a huge work that lies ahead. We must do everything from scratch but we are confident that the wait will be worth it. However it is available in our beta for testing.

Have you discussed with CEO and HAO about distribution issue? IMO 26th is very near, so you guys should decide it asap. BTW, smart contract costs time, it is normal, we can accept this. Eth was developed for 1 year. So you are good enough.

Important Update

The PoW phase was stipulated to occupy 30% of the distribution during the period of 1 year but many people have complained that 30% via PoW may be manipulated by whales so after talking to Frank and Hao we reached a consensus on the new distribution. We have changed the official percentages of 70-30 to 91-9 (90.81 to 9.19 to be exact). And we continue to maintain 0% for us, as in the beginning.

kellendil

Activity: 630
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:02:56 PM

In our platform, there is an option to add your generated XPO address. So, during the first days, you will be able to download a basic version of the client to generate your XPO address and after that, the distribution will be made within 24-48 hours.

I read- •  Name: Opair (XPO)

•  PoW+PoS (Fairly distribution)

•  96,000,000 Total Coins

•  3% Annual Interest

•  Minimum Stake Age: 12 hours  

•  Block Reward: 55 coin per block – until 525600th block

•  Block Time: 60 seconds

Call me if u need this.
Cya

Read this please:

Important Update

The PoW phase was stipulated to occupy 30% of the distribution during the period of 1 year but many people have complained that 30% via PoW may be manipulated by whales so after talking to Frank and Hao we reached a consensus on the new distribution. We have changed the official percentages of 70-30 to 91-9 (90.81 to 9.19 to be exact). And we continue to maintain 0% for us, as in the beginning.

Great decision dev. With this POS % it will be much better for investors.
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:20:37 PM

Good luck guys!
wasserman99 (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:46:01 PM

Translations

Greek

Philippines

Russian

Indonesian

Hebrew

Korean

Croatian

techsaavy7

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:53:12 PM

•  3% Annual Interest

When and how POW will start!?

As soon as we finish the ICO distribution. As we have said, we will release a basic version of the platform when we conclude the ICO. Not defined yet, but in principle the phase PoW work with algo X13.

thanks Wink  I'd join in the ICO phase, but I have no extra $ to invest... so mining is my option Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: