Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!!  (Read 66953 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 04:11:22 PM

Not sure if this is legit, but:

big shame on me, I was scammed,

i didn't do due diligence and "invested" early before accessing this very useful information

I just want to mention that i filed a report to the police here

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

and all those who were scammed or were almost scammed can post here as well.

The more of us post, the more the police will look at it.
Even if they can't frame him, with lack of evidence (or lack of crime if he covered his ass correctly) at least he would be put on watch hopefully, and won't be able to do it again.

Lets be crazy, he could even panic, and return the funds...

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plastick

Activity: 201
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:25:07 PM

Here is something new... ISMAIL "ISH" MALIK claims he was added to the "Leadership Team" Razormind page without his consent and without any sort of contract. He seems to be pretty mad about it. Here is what he said in the D3OS slack channel:

"To all community members with immediate effect I'm no longer associated with Razormind and or Jawad or Phil.
Please have it noted that I was added to the razormind website without a contractual agreement and will be having myself removed.
I shall be making a full statement in the very near future and urge all members of this slack group to contact me through private message as the next few days and the subsequent actions taken by myself and those that may or may not join me could result in having a material impact on any investments made."

"Jawad has played a game and I have had enough"

"I will be making a full public statement till then PM me thanks"
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:21:58 AM

heh, this is something new, I don't even know they have a slack group!!! Thanks for your effort plastick!

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
plastick

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:54:13 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 04:27:52 AM by plastick

More news...

It turns out ISH owns deos.io as well as the D3OS slack channel and has decided to take over the project and mutiny from Jawad. As of now DeOS has been forked before it is even a thing in an attempt to cut Jawad out of the picture.

I will post more as I hear about it.
plastick

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:04:28 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2016, 02:32:14 AM by plastick

More from ISH:

"I was like ok time to fork and save some folk their  BTC
So chaps when you read this stuff in your timezone stuff is about to happen and you are witnessing the first post ICO pre launch Fork in action.
The efforts of a community to find justice after so much noise
The sad thing is some will stick with razormind and receive some sort of tokens that are essentially worthless
Well at least now they had a choice and were given an option, if razormind is even solvent in a month would be a big surprise"

Ish is saying he wants a vote from all who bought DeOS to fork over to actual developers who will actually get the actual work done.

DeOS really is a good idea and the world needs it, but Jawad is unfortunately not the guy to be doing it. He claims all the BTC are HIS and anybody who contributed did so as a "donation". Unfortunately for him (as far as I know) the BTC are all locked up in a multisig wallet that he cannot cash out.

Jawad is not in the spirit of the crypto community and running it like a corporation is total suicide, but there are several of us who really believe in this and are willing to do what is needed to make it happen.
DesertDuke

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:06:13 AM

Hey folks,

I received this email from razormind yesterday, what should I do ??

"DeOS Tokens

Send us your BTC Delivery Address

We are pleased to provide an update on the development of DeOS and the DEOS token crowdsale.

Work has been ongoing to deliver all purchased DEOS tokens, this process will complete on Friday 30th September.

For all who purchased DEOS tokens, please confirm the BTC address for delivery of your DEOS tokens.

Send to deos@razormind.co.uk with subject "token delivery address" and just one line in the email with your last TxID.

We'll push the final set of tokens out on Friday - so please - those of you who haven't yet received any tokens, follow the instructions above and you'll get them then. Thank you!"

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
DesertDuke

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:33:41 AM

Hey folks,

"DeOS Tokens

Send us your BTC Delivery Address

We are pleased to provide an update on the development of DeOS and the DEOS token crowdsale.

Work has been ongoing to deliver all purchased DEOS tokens, this process will complete on Friday 30th September.

For all who purchased DEOS tokens, please confirm the BTC address for delivery of your DEOS tokens.

Send to deos@razormind.co.uk with subject "token delivery address" and just one line in the email with your last TxID.

We'll push the final set of tokens out on Friday - so please - those of you who haven't yet received any tokens, follow the instructions above and you'll get them then. Thank you!"

Which TxID are they referring to, the one for the original BTC contribution to the ICO ? that was from a different BTC account to the one I have now

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:07:48 AM

Hey folks,

Given the reports of Jawad, yet again, having posted up profiles of people he doesn't actually employ as though they were Razormind staff, I'd suggest urgently getting clarification from somebody outside of the splintering ICO leaders.

I saw on the Omni Skype chat time ago that Patrick Dugan (of Omni) is holding one of the multisig signatures.

Here is a screenshot: http://i64.tinypic.com/34tblvq.png

Maybe Omni knows more about what's going on?

Patrick Dugan might be able to shed some light on the situation, given that it was stated early on that the Omni Foundation were overseeing the process. If he knows who is holding the keys for that multi-sig bitcoin wallet it could be possible to undo all of this and return the funds to the people who were conned into believing Razormind was a substantial corporate entity capable of delivering this project.

The sad thing is some will stick with razormind and receive some sort of tokens that are essentially worthless

Sounds like Ish might have actually been under the impression this ICO was supposed to fund the development of DeOS, you know, pretty much what everybody else was led to believe, too. Remember when the interviewer asked Jawad where the money for this other project of his, the five-million-euro 'blockchain bank', was coming from?

I wonder if my prediction is true, that Jawad was only going to throw a fraction of the funds towards Dengo Systems to have them stitch together the tech just enough so he could claim delivery and take the rest of the funds for this 'blockchain bank' he couldn't explain the function of beyond the notion of 'lending money to poor people'.

DeOS really is a good idea and the world needs it

Is it? Is it really? As far as I can tell it is simply a cloud-hosted distributed platform (not decentralised and certainly not innovative) of office-style apps bundled with an Ethereum fork rebranded with the Ethers renamed to DEOS.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
plastick

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:16:21 AM

Is it? Is it really? As far as I can tell it is simply a cloud-hosted distributed platform (not decentralised and certainly not innovative) of office-style apps bundled with an Ethereum fork rebranded with the Ethers renamed to DEOS.

That is what the demo looked like but from what I understand by all the docs I have seen it is more like ethereum but with file storage and sidechained with bitcoin.

here is an interesting page on the razorcoin/mind site:

http://www.razormind.co.uk/usecases/

It looks like they want to create a basic version of DeOS then charge for "plugins". Kind of greasy if you ask me.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:50:03 AM

That is what the demo looked like but from what I understand by all the docs I have seen it is more like ethereum but with file storage and sidechained with bitcoin...It looks like they want to create a basic version of DeOS then charge for "plugins". Kind of greasy if you ask me.

Yeah well it also was supposed to have 27,000 active users busy writing smart-contracts and developing on it since January of 2015, too. So I'd take anything that was posted on their website or came out of Jawad's mouth as stinking to high-heaven of bullshit.

The goal was to sufficiently astro-turf the whole concept and company so they could fool people into investing, that's the take-home message for every bit of deception and fraud they're guilty of.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
plastick

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:33:27 AM

Yeah well it also was supposed to have 27,000 active users busy writing smart-contracts and developing on it since January of 2015, too. So I'd take anything that was posted on their website or came out of Jawad's mouth as stinking to high-heaven of bullshit.

They were supposed to deliver a lot of things but only managed to make a website with a few shiny widgets. I mean really, it takes ten minutes to set up a blockchain, but they haven't even done that... or a wallet.

I think maybe they intended to do something but quickly realized they were in over their heads when they couldn't find anybody to do it for them (for free of course) because obviously they can't do it themselves. All Jawad knows how to do is add to his website once a month and post tweets insulting and making personal attacks. Not very professional coming from a supposed CEO.
kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 04:06:50 AM

credibility to Jawad had down the toilet already. what ever they deliver to investors, that's worthless. most likely, Jawad will enforce shit coin to the investors and would say legit to own the ICO BTCs. I guess Jawad may got extra hidden money among the 6000+ BTC that the multistig account might be a  just part of all the BTC what he gathered during ICO. no escrow makes this sacm happen.

btw, who is going to accuse Jawad? Cool at this point of time, what ever ISH says now, he supposed to be a part of scam troopers that he must prove he is also a victim.

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
kame.japan2

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 05:52:31 AM

this guy says loves Razormind  ---> https://youtu.be/akEGUYOdnbI

David Marcus CEO IRB STRATA???   https://youtu.be/UtaS8p3Uqsw?t=109 may be a pretender though...

It would be great if Jawad introduce him to us who he is and why he loves Rasormind. Cool

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 06:01:22 AM

That's just a Fiverr video, Jawad had a bunch of them done over the years. Look at the date of them as well, some of them are from the Razorcoin.com period, others from the Razormind Network Ltd (Another 'razormind' UK incorp that he abandoned) timeframe.

Funny how he also posted a tweet about looking for interns during the 'crowdsale' (It was an ICO by any measure as people only bought the tokens in the hope they would increase in value). I wonder if anybody in Northern Ireland even follows the serial-liar on Twitter.

@plastick - Any more news on the Ish Malik situation?

GrossBit

Activity: 174

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 04:33:31 PM

well i've made a scam report at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ as reported above

i would like everybody who's been scammed to report that. It takes only 30 minutes to do that.

personally, anyway i don't expect to see any of my BTC again, but i'd like to make sure this guy will have problem with the cops.
even if he manages to escape this time, I expect him to be put on a grey watchlist. Jawad seems pretty dumb, I'm confident one day or letter, something very bad will happen to him, prison, or more likely, he will scam the wrong guy and get a bullet or something like that...

actually you don't NEED to be a victim to report a fraud. IF you have strong SUSPICIONS, and have gathered some extra evidence, I encourage you to post to the link above !!

the more we do it, the more the chances that the police will look into it.

Scam artists like Jawad have perhaps several scams going on, at one stage, he's going to make a false move. Reporting to the police will put more pressure on him, and if he gets nervous, he'll end making mistakes, and one that will prove fatal to him sooner or later.

plastick

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:10:39 PM

Yesterday we talked to Patrick from Omni Foundation and he claimed he was not involved with Razormind. Today I got an email from Razormind claiming they are issuing their tokens using Omni layer. Strange huh?

Also the email claims that Ismail Malik was "expelled" from Razormind. That is a LIE. He LEFT because he did not want to have any part of Razormind's criminal activities. Now they claim he is "squatting" the deos.io domain, when in fact Ismail Malik owned the domain in the first place.

Anyway here is the complete copypasta from the email:

"It's almost time to get your Tokens.
Thank you for your response to Tuesday's update - we've now got most of the outstanding participants on the send list for tomorrow.

For those who haven't sent us both the BTC Address for token delivery and the txid to confirm we ask you to please do so before 12 noon GMT tomorrow.

If you can't make that then please email us within one week and we'll take your details and send out the tokens that way.

The Tokens
We're pleased to announce the issuance of DeOS Tokens using the Omni Layer protocol, which we chose because we judged the underlying technology to be the most reliable and easiest to use. The crowdsale operated through issuing individual addresses for each participant, which were verified and confirmed by teams who had no access to the funds. The Omni Layer Foundation was not involved in that process, the statement made in July 2016 about them providing verification services to the fundraise was withdrawn by Razormind after they clarified they don’t offer such services, but we were unable (see below) to retract the statement in print across multiple media channel at the time.

Razormind is using the funds raised to expand our in-house team of talented developers and we are on track to deliver the roadmap promised during the crowdsale. Using the Bitcoin blockchain as the native currency for DeOS has proven a great model, and we look forward to delivering decentralized application infrastructure that builds on the Bitcoin ecosystem.

DeOS Tokens and links to wallets will be delivered tomorrow to you.

Our Crappy Communications

We want to apologize first and foremost for the lack of updates and the general rubbishness of our communications. Ismail Malik was expelled from the DeOS project earlier this week for that reason.

His departure sent a wave of relief throughout the team even though he was squatting on the deos domain.

So, in short we've moved domains and will confirm the new url to access the upgraded DeOS Demo on Monday. We'll also try to build out new community arenas for you - please let us know if you prefer slack, or a facebook page etc. If you have any queries please email - pr (at) razormind (dot)(co)(uk).

DeOS Platform release set for 10th October
Version 1 of the DeOS platform will be available on 10.10.2016. You'll be able to spend your tokens to register smart assets, and identities and lookup those on the blockchain. Spent DeOS Tokens will be available for re-purchase directly from the platform, and the revenue will go to the DeOS Foundation for ensuring the platform stays in public hands.

In Belfast 2 BTMs are on order and due for delivery the week before the launch. A total of 10 are in line for Belfast which will become Razormind's European HQ, and another 10 for Paris, as we intend to launch DeOS based banking in 2017 in those cities.

We're on track to deliver, and now that we're moving to a new leader for our communications we will try to update you daily on our progress.

Kind Regards

DeOS Tea
m"
plastick

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:18:39 PM

@plastick - Any more news on the Ish Malik situation?

Yes, since Ismail's deos.io domain has a new site on it that looks more like an actual project than razormind's old site.
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 09:22:11 PM

Yesterday we talked to Patrick from Omni Foundation and he claimed he was not involved with Razormind. Today I got an email from Razormind claiming they are issuing their tokens using Omni layer. Strange huh?

Razormind is using the funds raised to expand our in-house team of talented developers and we are on track to deliver the roadmap promised during the crowdsale. Using the Bitcoin blockchain as the native currency for DeOS has proven a great model, and we look forward to delivering decentralized application infrastructure that builds on the Bitcoin ecosystem.

This sentence: "Using the Bitcoin blockchain as the native currency for DeOS has proven a great model, and we look forward to delivering decentralized application infrastructure that builds on the Bitcoin ecosystem." is ridiculous.
freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:26:08 PM

The new "developments" seem strange as well. pardon for being skeptical. to me this seems low level cheaters OUT play.

1. Mr. malik was presented as a key technical person not communications. If as was told here the dispute just arose now, how come he was on the web site for 2 months while we know that this is a scam from much earlier. At the time, I looked at Malik's twitter account (some 2 months ago, as well as all others, many of them had no linkedin, twitter or facebook), there was no earlier association with RazM. Just two weeks after the ICO, some names suddenly popped and since disappeared. So how come HE is the one suddenly owning the domain? it was up before he was part of the team, at least on the web site.

2. there cant be a fork as this wasnt open sourced. what is being forked exactly? no code was out for scrutiny and there is nothing open source to fork.

3. And why exactly does the world need Deos? and what about all the claims such as 27000 users offices etc. none of it was true, so how come the only issue is contractual not essential

4. To me this could be and probably is another tale to create an out for razormind, with 3000 or 4000 or 6000 BTC, the distinguished management can now state that the reason this didnt work out was the fork/community/malik/this thread and that people lied to them etc. There is a trend here if you look back at the thread and claims here. So we can give out some shit coins, have a "fork" make some noise for 2 months like opening 724 offices on 7 continents and 100 banks and then say sorry it didnt work out.  A way to not face criminal liability and keep $3.6M

Too easy? not so quickly

I hope that this police complaint + more will come and this guy's known whereabouts will lead to exposing this and to a criminal investigation.
plastick

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:39:30 PM

Malik says he was added to the razormind site without his consent and he has no contract with them. The reason he left is because Jawad refused to pay Malik for his contribution to the project and claimed all his work was "donated". That makes sense since razormind has no employees and keeps posting everywhere looking for 'interns' (i.e. free labor).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: