Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:56:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!!  (Read 66953 times)
kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:11:06 AM

Cointelegraph just answered that they are still investigating the issue...

report from china.

http://btc12.com/thread-163.htm

"Cointelegraph can only play the fool...", good one. cyberhacker Wink

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:46:26 PM

Please note Jawad is not speaking at The coinsbank conference or any conferences

He is pretty definitely *supposed* to be at GOTO on 13th of this month. https://gotocon.com/london-2016/presentations/show_talk.jsp?oid=7985

If the authorities don't pick him up first, that is. I wonder if he'll pull a 'Josh Garza' and simply not attend.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
astmandu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:33:21 PM

Please note Jawad is not speaking at The coinsbank conference or any conferences

He is pretty definitely *supposed* to be at GOTO on 13th of this month. https://gotocon.com/london-2016/presentations/show_talk.jsp?oid=7985

If the authorities don't pick him up first, that is. I wonder if he'll pull a 'Josh Garza' and simply not attend.

Got an email overnight saying next batch of DEOS going out tomorrow. One angle I can see is that he distributes the tokens, and if it does exist, turns DEOS live on the 10th, and starts a pump at the conference.

He already has the BTC from the ICO. He stands to gain a ton more and avoid jail time if he proceeds forth and pumps DEOS.

I know all the signs point to scam but I also know from experience that a ton of other ICOs were thought to be scams but turned out to be legit. Who the hell knows here. Crypto is incestuous...the devs, the news outlets, other insider whales, etc, they are all playing the game.
kame.japan2

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 05:21:49 AM

Jawad is now rich man with the scam money, the money power squeezing a speaking lot space to Jawad probably. So, I suspect Jawad might show up there with cool face. price of conference ticket is around 1000GBP, so that, audience would be not so much, rather valuable standing by to other venues instead of shit coin Razormind. However, Jawad can make an accomplished fact that surely Razormind has been there the GOTO Conference, that might be an another root cause of generating the number of victims climbs...

Cross figuring the authorities will notice Razormind DeOS is SCAM that they should not allow Jawad to speak.

Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 06:19:14 AM

He already has the BTC from the ICO. He stands to gain a ton more and avoid jail time if he proceeds forth and pumps DEOS.

Pumps DEOS? Where? Is there going to be an exchange which is offering the trading of these Omni-layer tokens and, more importantly, why would anybody buy them when he admits in the phone call with Ish that they are not for buying anything, they are only for registering things on the system, like assets, and they are not to have a real-world cash value. These tokens are not ETHERs. He specifically said that Bitcoin is to be the only financial element of DeOS.

He believes this will save him from prosecution, according to his lawyers (read: Imaginary people inside his head who tell him he's awesome, rich and immune from prosecution because totallynotanICOscam), as he thinks that avoiding structures which might be labelled as securities is all that is needed.

Apparently the crime of fraud in Jawad's mind only applies to lies you tell when collecting money for an investment vehicle, whichthistotallyisnotok?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:01:01 AM

BTW, Ish, would you happen to know what this bit of weirdness was actually about?

Finally, in "What.The.Actual.Fuck News":
http://www.razormind.co.uk/crowdsale/
DeOS Crowdsale
is PAUSED until
26th August 2016, 12:00 Noon GMT

to allow DeOS Grant Winners to raise money.

On the subject of this bullshit 'Grant', it seems Jawad has completely failed to keep up the pretence about DEOS not having a cash-equivalent value sototallynotinvestmentfraud. LOLOLOLOL

AWKWARD!

I'm having trouble finding that list of 'winners' on your website, Jawad. Did you forget to think of a list of imaginary recipients to put up?

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 09:39:35 AM

Just to keep this thread up-to-date with other aspects of the fraud:

[ANN] The UK based Razorwind and their token DeOS NOW traded on Openledger
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570621.new#new

If you're trading these 'pre' tokens you should ensure your traders understand the fraud behind this DEOS scam and the fact that evidence has come to light where Jawad Yaqub, the now-a-millionaire-thanks-to-this-ICO-because-he-sees-the-money-as-his, states in a telephone conversation with Ish Malik who has accused him of intending to launder the proceeds of this ICO through the Bitcoin ATMs he is now buying for installation near his home, that DEOS are not like ETHERs at all, in that they are not to be used for purchasing services on DeOS but ONLY registering them.

This audio clip is a telephone conversation between Ismail Malik and Jawad where Jawad, amongst other very revealing things, states that Bitcoin will still have to be used on this DeOS system to buy anything.

This makes those DEOS tokens you bought into, worthless. Well, that and the whole Razormind-as-a-global-corporation-fraud thing, too.

Did you know that only a fraction of the 'crowdsale' (ICO) funds are being used to build this DeOS? Did you or your investors know this beforehand?

Hello cryptodevil,

indeed all needs to take care and do their due diligence, one thing though is that as long as they do thier buys on OpenLedger during an ICO prelaunch their investments are safe, as a situation like this one with DeOS will not harm the traders who bought into DeOS on OpenLedger. They will all be given the offer to return the DeOS they have on account in exchange for an agreed amount of equvalent value as they paid initially.

Since launch did not end and ongoing investigations has been going on, none of present holders of deos on OL Will suffer. I can't disclose any details as I leave for my lawyer to connect with Razormind.

Sadly this ICO was strongly recommended by many various sources, so it is one of those cases where you are happy you are in fact able to help all holder of OPEN.DEOS on OpenLedger. I am afraid it might not be possible for anyone who bought into this token directly on site, and I will deal with overall losses separately.

So, in short, taking part in ICO prelaunch on OpenLedger will allow you to trade the token from Day 1 with a mere subscribtion fee of 4% on top of official ICO rate, it will allow you to exit at any time as well, and finally as long as launch has not yet taken place, situations like this will not come to harm of any holders on OpenLedger as they will all receive reimbursement in a kind allowing them to avoid any losses whatsoever. OpenLedger is a place where we try to protect any holders and users as longa s they make use of any tokens backed by OpenLedger and its ecosystems.

Regards

Ronny Boesing
Openledger ApS

PS.: if any holders of OPEN.DeOS sees this comment here, feel free to connect with me already on ronny@ccedk.com. I will however connect with all, after October 10th where we will have full understanding of what is situation.

Highlight in bold added by me. Without the gushing cut-and-paste PR-fluff-pieces and industry news 'articles' (CoinTelegraph I'm looking in YOUR direction) this patently obvious sham of a 'global' corporation (read: 20 quid UK online incorp) and its Criminal-Executive-Officer, Jawad Yaqub, could not have conned so many people into 'investing'.

astmandu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 12:18:59 PM

Just to keep this thread up-to-date with other aspects of the fraud:

[ANN] The UK based Razorwind and their token DeOS NOW traded on Openledger
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570621.new#new

If you're trading these 'pre' tokens you should ensure your traders understand the fraud behind this DEOS scam and the fact that evidence has come to light where Jawad Yaqub, the now-a-millionaire-thanks-to-this-ICO-because-he-sees-the-money-as-his, states in a telephone conversation with Ish Malik who has accused him of intending to launder the proceeds of this ICO through the Bitcoin ATMs he is now buying for installation near his home, that DEOS are not like ETHERs at all, in that they are not to be used for purchasing services on DeOS but ONLY registering them.

This audio clip is a telephone conversation between Ismail Malik and Jawad where Jawad, amongst other very revealing things, states that Bitcoin will still have to be used on this DeOS system to buy anything.

This makes those DEOS tokens you bought into, worthless. Well, that and the whole Razormind-as-a-global-corporation-fraud thing, too.

Did you know that only a fraction of the 'crowdsale' (ICO) funds are being used to build this DeOS? Did you or your investors know this beforehand?

Hello cryptodevil,

indeed all needs to take care and do their due diligence, one thing though is that as long as they do thier buys on OpenLedger during an ICO prelaunch their investments are safe, as a situation like this one with DeOS will not harm the traders who bought into DeOS on OpenLedger. They will all be given the offer to return the DeOS they have on account in exchange for an agreed amount of equvalent value as they paid initially.

Since launch did not end and ongoing investigations has been going on, none of present holders of deos on OL Will suffer. I can't disclose any details as I leave for my lawyer to connect with Razormind.

Sadly this ICO was strongly recommended by many various sources, so it is one of those cases where you are happy you are in fact able to help all holder of OPEN.DEOS on OpenLedger. I am afraid it might not be possible for anyone who bought into this token directly on site, and I will deal with overall losses separately.

So, in short, taking part in ICO prelaunch on OpenLedger will allow you to trade the token from Day 1 with a mere subscribtion fee of 4% on top of official ICO rate, it will allow you to exit at any time as well, and finally as long as launch has not yet taken place, situations like this will not come to harm of any holders on OpenLedger as they will all receive reimbursement in a kind allowing them to avoid any losses whatsoever. OpenLedger is a place where we try to protect any holders and users as longa s they make use of any tokens backed by OpenLedger and its ecosystems.

Regards

Ronny Boesing
Openledger ApS

PS.: if any holders of OPEN.DeOS sees this comment here, feel free to connect with me already on ronny@ccedk.com. I will however connect with all, after October 10th where we will have full understanding of what is situation.

Highlight in bold added by me. Without the gushing cut-and-paste PR-fluff-pieces and industry news 'articles' (CoinTelegraph I'm looking in YOUR direction) this patently obvious sham of a 'global' corporation (read: 20 quid UK online incorp) and its Criminal-Executive-Officer, Jawad Yaqub, could not have conned so many people into 'investing'.

Thanks for posting this cryptodevil.  My purchase was direct through razormind.  I haven't heard of Openledger until now.  Did anyone else purchase DEOS on Openledger?  Hopefully so because it might be a way to get your BTC back.
kame.japan2

View Profile
October 05, 2016, 02:10:57 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 03:11:08 PM by kame.japan2

It's good news that it comes to Ronny Boesing's attention. Many thanks to cryptodevil  Wink

13th of Oct. is kind a  X day. Jawad GOTO Conference or first step to GOTO JAIL.

plastick

Activity: 201
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:53:47 AM

It's good news that it comes to Ronny Boesing's attention. Many thanks to cryptodevil  Wink

13th of Oct. is kind a  X day. Jawad GOTO Conference or first step to GOTO JAIL.

They are supposed to be releasing DeOS on the 10th. Let's see if it is anything. Bet it's not.

I think it is hilarious how much smack they talked about ethereum, claiming to be "ethereums competition". I bet it is nowhere even remotely CLOSE to as functional as ethereum.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:59:19 AM

Time for another morning update of the data being collated on these scammers.

So, first question is, how involved is Phil Sturgeon in this fraud?

See the naming convention for the 'team' photos underlined? Nothing significant about that until:

Well, it seems Phil outed himself as the person responsible for the website and, subsequently, all the lies and fraudulent misrepresentation on it. Jawad's still guilty of all the lies and fraudulent misrepresentation he said and published himself, but it certainly points to Mr Phil Sturgeon as being present and involved in the whole process.

btcc225

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 09:43:23 AM

While we are all waiting for the 10th, reveling in our litigousness, here's another nice code shot, this time from: http://deos.rzr.io/.

https://i.imgsafe.org/61c554642b.png

(sorry, as a Newbie, I'm not allowed to post pictures, so you'll have to follow the link above)

Maybe DeOS will look a bit like https://os.js.org/?

By the way, still no new movement on

http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=19fjCeiJcFQLBcWLe1MRYKGbZkm3nb7nzn
plastick

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 11:33:57 AM

Nothing there.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:31:42 PM

While we are all waiting for the 10th, reveling in our litigousness, here's another nice code shot, this time from: http://deos.rzr.io/.

(sorry, as a Newbie, I'm not allowed to post pictures, so you'll have to follow the link above)

Maybe DeOS will look a bit like https://os.js.org/?

By the way, still no new movement on

http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=19fjCeiJcFQLBcWLe1MRYKGbZkm3nb7nzn

Yes I noticed there's no further distribution of that Omni-layer token beyond the initial 90,000 yet. Odd that he's not sending any more out and claims some people still need to send in their transaction details. That 'some' would be another 9,000,000 or so DEOS, so pretty much all of them. BTW, see below for both a reminder of the fact these tokens are nothing like ETHER as well as a supposed image of the DeOS desktop.

In that DEOS can only be used for registering assets, how is something like their supposed 'DAO' supposed to get funded?

plastick

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:19:26 PM

Interesting that razormind's linkedin is "sfxcoin" https://www.linkedin.com/company/sfxcoin

Oh look it says they have 5 employees.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:45:20 PM

Yeah, that's one of Phil Sturgeon's.

Oh, FWIW:

Razormind's LinkedIn page used to be the one for Phil Sturgeon's 'SFX Coin'

Domain Name: SFXCOIN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1860958169_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.meshdigital.com
Registrar URL: http://www.domainbox.com
Updated Date: 2014-05-31T00:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2014-05-31T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-05-31T00:00:00Z
Registrar: WEBFUSION LIMITED
Registrar IANA ID: 1515
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: support@domainbox.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8779770099
Reseller: 123Reg/Webfusion
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Phil Sturgeon
Registrant Organization: (SFX)Coin
Registrant Street: Flat 23
Registrant City: Edgware
Registrant State/Province: Edgware
Registrant Postal Code: HA8 5FB
Registrant Country: GB
Registrant Phone: +44.7717791000
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: philjsturgeon@gmail.com

plastick

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:24:54 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2016, 06:13:50 PM by plastick

According to waybackmachine razormind was located in NYC back in its "razorcoin" days. I am guessing this has something to do with James Furgeson since he is a "native new yorker".

http://web.archive.org/web/20140326052314/http://razorcoin.com/
Razormind
42nd Street, Tudor Oaks
NYC, New York
USA, 11953
Phone: NY +1 718-690-7806 / LON +44 207-193-2800
actual@razorcoin.com

The information belongs to a company called ZSR Business Solutions LLC

Interestingly enough their information seems to be all over the place.

On Facebook https://www.facebook.com/zsrbiz, same phone number different address
87-46 Van Wyck Expy
Richmond Hill
(718) 690-7806

On their website http://zsrbiz.com/contact, same address different phone number
340 West 42nd Street #74
New York, NY 10108
help@zsrbiz.com
plastick

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 05:56:16 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 12:13:25 AM by plastick

Jawad has been lying about razormind since 2011. Look at this 2011 version of razormind.co.uk
That's a lot of awards for a new company.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110203040119/http://www.razormind.co.uk/#

The site stays the same until 2012 when it becomes a redirect to rzrmind.net

Dec 29 2014 shows a "DeOS desktop"
http://web.archive.org/web/20141229070305/https://razormind.co.uk/

And then in jan 2016 we have the most recent incarnation of the site, including the massive amount of LIES that have since been removed. "Customer stories" are blatant outright lies with stolen (probably copyrighted material) and the word "RAZORMIND" added everywhere to make razormind look legit.
http://web.archive.org/web/20160112112329/http://www.razormind.co.uk/

And then this last thing you should look at. RIDICULOUS. I wonder how much money Jawad has wasted on half-baked ideas of his. His wife has probably had enough of having to pay for his money-making schemes (since she is obviously the only one in the house to have an actual job).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyf3557yEg

Noziak

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:46:14 PM

unrelated to Deos scam allegations per say but more of an insight into Jawad mind found this radio interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1uaqsPG18g

where he is being praised about an article he wrote here in 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jawad-yaqub/the-muslim-story-of-chris_b_4454290.html

it is innocent religeous stuff, but then I found the same article  earlier in 2011, yes you guessed it by another author
http://justaskamuslim.blogspot.co.uk/2011_12_01_archive.html

did he copy it? more than likely given the track record of lies and copy-paste he's shown. What I found confusing is how genuine and thoughtful he can come across  on the radio. Am no shrink, but I wonder if we are dealing with some mental issue nowaramsayin? like double personality, or someone who creates a world of self importance then starts to really believe in it and shit like that ....
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:47:58 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 02:20:42 PM by cryptodevil

where he is being praised about an article he wrote here in 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jawad-yaqub/the-muslim-story-of-chris_b_4454290.html

it is innocent religeous stuff, but then I found the same article  earlier in 2011, yes you guessed it by another author
http://justaskamuslim.blogspot.co.uk/2011_12_01_archive.html

:facepalm:

Yes, of course he just plagiarised somebody else's work, that's pretty much what he does. Incessantly.

He's a narcissist, which isn't uncommon amongst men who are raised to believe themselves 'special' in the eyes of their omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent super-being.

What is personal religion if it isn't the belief that your very particular brand of bronze-age goat-herder mythology is the 'right' one, thereby rendering you to be 'more special' than those silly fools who don't believe in your very particular brand of bronze-age goat-herder mythology?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: