Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!!  (Read 66951 times)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 12:55:52 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2016, 02:21:39 PM by cryptodevil

Razormind tweets from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/razormind

"If you haven't had yours yet . . ."

You mean like the 9,000,000+ you've not actually sent out yet, Jawad?

"You will be able to spend your DEOS tokens to . . ." do something nobody really cares about because they all thought they were buying the equivalent of ETHER and it turns out they've bought the equivalent of, well, an Omni-layer-created token.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
plastick

Activity: 201
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:25:19 PM

http://deos.io/news/5-users-demand-refund-as-truth-about-razormind-come-to-light
plastick

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 09:21:39 PM

Razormind's site says "Jawad grew up in Northern Ireland attending Queens University up to PhD level before moving to London to pursue a career in Enterprise Architecture. " but his Linkedin only claims he has a bachelor's degree in computer science and a master's degree in philosophy.

More lies.

Also who would admit they worked at Akamai? They are famous for their invasive, broken web browser spyware that are notoriously difficult to remove.
http://www.safer-networking.com/removeakamai.php
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 09:36:00 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2016, 10:00:43 AM by cryptodevil

Now we need to start seeing some news sites posting up articles which address this scam.

Jawad and Phil's latest twattery:

Doesn't quite fit the http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=19fjCeiJcFQLBcWLe1MRYKGbZkm3nb7nzn data which simply shows one million (only 8+ more million to go!) tokens being sent to the distribution address and left there.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 10:48:31 AM

@spartak_t Any response from CoinTelegraph yet?

I came across this on my travels through the interhistory. Same old same old, from CT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4qb33e/uk_based_razormind_emerges_as_blockchain_rival_to/

I do find it strange, though, the fact that the CT reddit account reply immediately went to the "email hello@razormind.co.uk" response, which is something Jawad has repeatedly reacted with whenever challenged online about this fraud.

As for his claims that Jawad was a "well-known" figure within the industry, that was utter bullshit. Nobody had heard of the guy prior to the initiation of this DEOS 'crowdsale' scam. Even the most cursory of internet searches showed that Razormind were nothing but a twenty-quid online incorp with a residential address as their R.O. You'd have to be a particular kind of wilful idiot 'journalist' to pretend like you'd done sufficient due-diligence for that article.

astmandu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 04:13:32 PM

Well, my tokens showed up finally.

I'm having trouble importing my private key into the omniwallet.  It says that I have to import my private key in one of several formats: hex, base64, Wallet Import Format, Wallet Import Format Compressed.

Does anyone know how to convert the BTC address into one of those formats?  Looks like there is a wiki page about this stuff but it appears to be offline at the moment.

Thanks.
astmandu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2016, 06:45:41 PM

Well, my tokens showed up finally.

I'm having trouble importing my private key into the omniwallet.  It says that I have to import my private key in one of several formats: hex, base64, Wallet Import Format, Wallet Import Format Compressed.

Does anyone know how to convert the BTC address into one of those formats?  Looks like there is a wiki page about this stuff but it appears to be offline at the moment.

Thanks.

Never mind on this request.  What a pain in the ass, figured it out though.

I used a blockchain.info address and these are apparently very unique.  Omni has a help page if anyone else runs into this:

https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwallet/wiki/Exporting-Private-Key-from-Blockchain.info-and-Importing-to-Omniwallet.org

All of that to claim what might be completely worthless tokens.
Noziak

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:01:08 AM

where he is being praised about an article he wrote here in 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jawad-yaqub/the-muslim-story-of-chris_b_4454290.html

it is innocent religeous stuff, but then I found the same article  earlier in 2011, yes you guessed it by another author
http://justaskamuslim.blogspot.co.uk/2011_12_01_archive.html

:facepalm:

Yes, of course he just plagiarised somebody else's work, that's pretty much what he does. Incessantly.

He's a narcissist, which isn't uncommon amongst men who are raised to believe themselves 'special' in the eyes of their omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent super-being.

What is personal religion if it isn't the belief that your very particular brand of bronze-age goat-herder mythology is the 'right' one, thereby rendering you to be 'more special' than those silly fools who don't believe in your very particular brand of bronze-age goat-herder mythology?

Let’s not  go there, and stay on topic, let's keep it to facts man,  I don't think this guy's behavior ‘s religion driven at all , there’s  allkinda narcissist jerks atheists as there are religious ones.  I know many decent religious folks including Mozlim folks and they are (apart from their clergy) at least very sincere in general. I kinda doubt he is sincere on his religious devotion given how comfortable he’s been lying to people's faces even when he doesn’t need to. He sounds like the “I’ll do and say anything to become important and rich” kinda guy.
The other thing  I see a lot of folks, talking about whether the tokens are worthless or not, but screw that isn’t the fact that many bought into the scheme because of the slick lies filled website and the appearance of a ligit company with the fake testimonials, fake employees, fake constumets, fake awards etc.  Isn’t that enough to convict the guy of some kind of fraud EVEN if the tokens have some value in the end?
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2016, 11:09:27 AM

@spartak_t Any response from CoinTelegraph yet?

No and its been like 20 days since I tweeted them.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 06:27:10 AM

The other thing  I see a lot of folks, talking about whether the tokens are worthless or not, but screw that isn’t the fact that many bought into the scheme because of the slick lies filled website and the appearance of a ligit company with the fake testimonials, fake employees, fake constumets, fake awards etc.  Isn’t that enough to convict the guy of some kind of fraud EVEN if the tokens have some value in the end?

Yes, yes it is, more than enough. But in Jawad's mind, according to the smack-talk he was giving Ish about Nic's 3BTC purchase, only security investments have protection, which is complete and utter bollocks.

https://clyp.it/h1nan1uz
Quote from: Jawad digging himself a nice deep hole
From Nic's perspective, there's no case he did it by himself and even if he gets something from vanbex after the issue of bad faith. .. .finally there's the purchase agreement. . .which he had to read . . .the final part of that is that it wasn't an investment vehicle so he doesn't have any security protection at all, so he's basically holding his dick next to a fan blade

Even if we were to ignore the 400lb gorilla in the room, which is the fact this 'crowdsale' absolutely qualifies as an investment security, Jawad appears to be somewhat ignorant of the buyer protection laws in the UK which clearly define the criminal nature of fraudulent misrepresentation.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/misrepresentation-act-1967
Fraudulent misrepresentation

A fraudulent misrepresentation occurs when someone makes a statement that -

they know is untrue, or,
    they make without believing it is true, or,
    they make recklessly (i.e. that person does not care about whether the statement is true or not).

It isn't as if either Jawad or Phil could claim to have been unaware that Razormind did not have 260+ staff and offices in dozens of locations around the globe. They perpetrated this fraud in full knowledge of the fact they were misrepresenting their twenty-quid online UK incorp as a serious corporate entity of sizeable scope and scale in order to fool people into believing DeOS and DEOS were part of a substantial commercial project.

Couple that in with the endless comparisons with Ethererum, ETHERS and The DAO and it is absolutely clear they were intending to mislead people into buying in to their 'crowdsale' ICO through falsely implying an equivalence that simply isn't true.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:17:11 PM

So, today is launch day and there's still 8,000,000+ DEOS to distribute out of the 9.2 million supposedly bought during the ICO/ITO/crowdsale.

I do find it amusing how the razormind.co.uk DeOS demo link still goes to deos.io where it warns of the scam and the demands for refunds!

DesertDuke

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 05:58:24 AM

That's funny, I received DEOS tokens into my BTC wallet, using www.omniwallet.org to check the balance, a few days a go, however I just checked again and the DEOS tokens are gone !

DD

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
kame.japan2

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 06:11:32 AM

Jawad has BTC money that he has power to manipulate market price of the worth-shit-Omuni-Token. this may happen in order to create a fait accompli Razoremind released something and got a market appreciation.

We know their release worth nothing but majority are not yet aware of it.

Cointelegraph and Openledger team should take an action before Jawad does something naughty again.

primalbase║▬ Distributed Workspace for Tech Community ▬║primalbase
Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
ICO starts 26th of June 1st day bonus (66%) 2nd-7th day bonus (25%)▬▬▬║Twitter
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:04:38 AM

That's funny, I received DEOS tokens into my BTC wallet, using www.omniwallet.org to check the balance, a few days a go, however I just checked again and the DEOS tokens are gone !

You sure it isn't just an Omniwallet glitch? I don't think there would be any reason for Jawad and Phil to bother stealing these tokens.

Don't forget to check out the truly awesome (/s) rzr.io DeOS site and let us know how impressed you are with it now they have 'launched'.

Jawad has BTC money that he has power to manipulate market price of the worth-shit-Omuni-Token. this may happen in order to create a fait accompli Razoremind released something and got a market appreciation.

Do you know of any exchange platforms outside of Openledger who are even trading these worthless tokens?

So, today is launch day and there's still 8,000,000+ DEOS to distribute out of the 9.2 million supposedly bought during the ICO/ITO/crowdsale.

It is worth mentioning, by the way, that even the 1,000,000 DEOS token transfer to the distribution address only saw a small portion of it being sent out.

As you can see, with this and the 92K from the other day they've only sent out a little over 295,000 tokens.

kame.japan2

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:13:32 AM

Razormind's site says "Jawad grew up in Northern Ireland attending Queens University up to PhD level before moving to London to pursue a career in Enterprise Architecture. " but his Linkedin only claims he has a bachelor's degree in computer science and a master's degree in philosophy.

More lies.

Also who would admit they worked at Akamai? They are famous for their invasive, broken web browser spyware that are notoriously difficult to remove.
http://www.safer-networking.com/removeakamai.php

seems Jawad supposed to be a in charge of EMEA Basho technologies for a moment. http://web2day.co/2015/speakers/jawad-yaqub/

----quote : french to English translation by google.-----
Enterprise Architect @Basho technologies
Jawad loves technology and its ability to make us free and we connect. After a degree in Computer Science and a PhD in the same field, he began a PhD in Artificial Intelligence (deep learning). During the final stages of his PhD, he was invited by Canon to work on building the first Internet operating system for Fotango London. Therefore he has worked in several companies in architectural roles, culminating in a senior position with architectural AvenueA-Razorfish. He led the upgrade of the business platform for the Daily Telegraph before changing and becoming senior architect at Akamai Technologies in London. He became their main architect in Europe, and expert in overall performance and safety before joining Razormind for 3 years.
---- un quote -----

again, "Rasormind Limited" is established 19 February 2016 with only 1GBP capital...  Jawad had an another company called "Rasormind LTD" before hands which established 8 June 2012, that old one was shut down 2014/01/21.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/h72g3fwgceOhGqys4nl3rJvz5w4/appointments

Self-reproducing business structureLong term profitable investmentTangible product, not virtual
kame.japan2

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 07:20:27 AM

Do you know of any exchange platforms outside of Openledger who are even trading these worthless tokens?

no not yet. but I wonder if c-cex or such exchange deals even worthless coin in a future.

kame.japan2

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:07:35 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2016, 08:20:08 AM by kame.japan2

new tweet from Razormind made me LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbjb9nFIX9w

They can't brand their product name  - "DeOS? DEOS? Deos?", does not matter!?

what a beauty video, contents nothing, however, at the end of the video https://youtu.be/Dbjb9nFIX9w?t=73, you will see a NEW RAZORMIND LINK! www.rzr.io  - "This domain name has been registered with Gandi.net"... really beats me. Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

just in case, back up of the video made for an evidence of fraud.

mike77777

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 08:58:56 AM

I have finally got my 77 worthless tokens.  Grin
plastick

View Profile
October 11, 2016, 09:29:03 AM

From the 'crowdsale' site:

"How many DEOS are there? Can more be created?

11M (11,000,000) DeOS will be created.
1200 DEOS will be created yearly to reward seed nodes as part of the Proof of Indexing mechanism.
No more DEOS will be created thereafter."

No more DeOS will be created thereafter... except every year.

Strikes me as odd that they will leave it so they can always create more. That has scam written all over it. Let's say they got to $600 each.... what is to stop them from creating a million more? Sounds like the federal reserve to me, and we already know that is a scam.

I think that proves they never intended to use a real cryptocurrency blockchain in the first place.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2016, 09:57:17 AM

It's pretty sad that there is still no reaction from CoinTelegraph and there are like 105 "red lights" in Razormind's actions in this thread so far.

EDIT: There are 3 articles about Razormind, written by CT: https://cointelegraph.com/tags/razormind

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: