Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DeOS (by Razormind) is most likely a scam! EDIT: Ongoing investigation!!!  (Read 66953 times)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:37:58 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2017, 11:53:04 AM by cryptodevil

In what-the-actual-fuck news today, we have a repeat of what has gone before. The sheer ridiculousness of Jawad Yaqub posting up even more plagiarized customer testimonials in light of having already been exposed for stealing SAS Software's, is just as breathtakingly arrogant as it is dumb.
https://www.razormind.co.uk/become-a-customer/
or for when he has to take it back down -> http://archive.is/4mBwe

Of course there is no Charles Dubrovnic of Telstra.

It is nothing more than a clumsy re-wording of praise given to his former employers, Akamai, by AirBnB CTO and Co-Founder Nathan Blecharczyk:
https://www.akamai.com/us/en/our-customers/customer-stories-airbnb.jsp

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:51:18 AM

Thought I'd ask Akamai for their opinion on the matter:

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
arlecchino80

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:59:25 PM

Seems like his plan to ensure easy access to cashing out, for example, millions of dollars-worth of bitcoin one might have conned out of people through fraudulent misrepresentation, is going ahead.

Well this doesn't look good. Has anyone heard anything that gives us hope?
plastick

Activity: 201
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:30:55 PM

Hope? You joking?

The guy has been exposed.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 02:48:52 PM

Frankly at this point you should already have contacted a lawyer to get your money back.

If the amount you have lost is less than GBP10,000 you can engage UK solicitors to take the case to 'Small Claims' court whereby a judgement in your favour would also include your legal costs. You don't have to be present for any of the process and the weight of evidence is most definitely on your side.

Some people may have only spent a few hundred quid of bitcoin on buying these fraudulently-promoted tokens at the time but now those few bitcoin are worth thousands. A case could clearly be made for ensuring your refund includes legal costs and a return of the bitcoin you paid.

arlecchino80

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:14:14 AM

Hope? You joking?

I don't get what you mean... There's quite a substantial body of evidence here suggesting he should be done for fraud. But is he actually going to be done for fraud, and is anyone likely to get their money back? If this isn't the first time, then surely ActionFraud might already know about him? And if it isn't the first time, then I'm guessing he got away with it scot-free the last time...
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:31:49 PM

Investigating Razormind case! Coinidol.com News Outlet invites every member of the crypto-community to join the jury in the case, where scammers have allegedly stolen about $10,000,000 and asks everyone to participate in an open vote - https://coinidol.com/coinidol-to-hold-public-trial-of-razormind-scammers/

The story we want to tell you is about how Coinidol.com had to refuse to advertise the company of a suspicious client after our own study into their reliability. We found out that they have already stolen $10,000,000. By the time we had figured it out, they had already sent us $1,000.
We wanted to send that money back to Jawad Yaqub, but isn’t it odd to return stolen money to a thief who has taken that money from other people? However, we are not going to keep this money either. We don’t want stolen money. We believe that these funds should be sent to charity. But we want to set a precedent of market self-regulation without police to verify our decision with the votes of the community, just like we do to verify the block in the Bitcoin network. We want to act according to the decision of the crypto community.

George Gor, CEO and co-founder of Coinidol.com is explaining this public initiative with the words: "Can the whole crypto world set a precedent, when we force scammers, who have stolen up to $10 mln in Bitcoin to pay $1,000 to charity?”

As has already been pointed out by a commenter on that page, if the funds are suspected to be the proceeds of crime, which they are, you need to report such to the relevant authorities and retain the money as evidence, to be handed over to Law Enforcement as part of the case against Yaqub. Knowingly spending, or giving away, money that you have already declared you believe to be stolen is a crime itself.

Vigilantism is a legal minefield and, frankly, the energy would be best spent on tracing the location of the ICO funds under Jawad Yaqub's control.

He has already posted a picture on his facebook which shows a bitcoin ATM machine in the background, so there is every motivation to trace the funds before he can cash them out. There may still be a chance they could be recovered through legal action against him, criminal and civil.

It is good to see an industry news source attempting to take a meaty bite out of this story, instead of the piss-poor 'Red Flags' apologia on CT written by Niall Maye, which basically was an attempt to downplay the blatant facts of the scam and his part in repeatedly promoting it. But I do have to say that Coin Idol article is a little all-over-the-place and really only skims much of the truly interesting aspects of this fraud.

It also completely misses the fact that this thread already uncovered the truth that the DeOS software was actually ripped from the OS.JS open-source project and that its author, Anders Evenrud, had to go as far as to post a disclaimer stating that DeOS was nothing to do with him and wasn't even a viable version that Razormind were running.

Note to journalists considering researching this topic: This thread has many posts, I accept, but there is a LOT of incriminating evidence and cool facts to be found within its pages by the writer who is willing to put the time in and read the fucking thing! Cheesy

pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:46:24 PM

Hope? You joking?

I don't get what you mean... There's quite a substantial body of evidence here suggesting he should be done for fraud. But is he actually going to be done for fraud, and is anyone likely to get their money back? If this isn't the first time, then surely ActionFraud might already know about him? And if it isn't the first time, then I'm guessing he got away with it scot-free the last time...

Contact them and find out.
arlecchino80

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:42:48 PM

It is good to see an industry news source attempting to take a meaty bite out of this story, instead of the piss-poor 'Red Flags' apologia on CT written by Niall Maye, which basically was an attempt to downplay the blatant facts of the scam and his part in repeatedly promoting it.

I think that "piss-poor" is a lenient way to describe the article. It's a fucking shameless attempt on the author's part to pretend that he thinks there's nothing to worry about, when the facts he states don't even make sense or hold up to the lightest of investigations. Let's take this sentence: "The DeOS tokens have and still are being distributed to those who invested in them, including myself, and the only problem we can find is that some people used the wrong types of Bitcoin wallets."

The ONLY problem they can find is that some people used the wrong type of wallets? REALLY? How about the fact that the fucking platform isn't operational? First, there was absolutely no site, just an nginx error. For a period, there was an utterly useless login page. Useless because you couldn't create an account, and because Razormind don't actually provide 24 hour support like they claim. They provide no support. They will ignore you if you're polite, and threaten you if you're not polite. If Niall had received tokens, then he probably would have known they were worthless.

In fact, he goes on to say "I have yet to hear of anyone accessing the platform". Well, including himself, the man who publicised and promoted this scam and claims to have received tokens. Sorry, Niall, did you receive tokens and continue to promote a platform you weren't even interested in logging in to? Right, that makes sense...

Oh, and what's the reason we haven't heard of anyone using the system?! "The reason being given for this is strict AML and KYC compliance on verification of each user". Of course. None of the people who invested $10M in this scam want to go on the public record and say that they've accessed the system? Oh of course, that sounds highly plausible. WTF kind of bullshit is in this guy's head?

How much did Razormind pay him, and how much time is he going to do for intentionally colluding in this scam?
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 05:19:49 PM

Looks like I haven't received any notifications on thread's replies. Anyway... this article (https://coinidol.com/article-on-cointelegraph-reason-for-scammers-steal-6000-btc/) has been brought to my attention by a friend of mine and I find it HILARIOUS! I wonder where they have been when this thread was created... Not to mention the tons of evidences, which are posted here.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:06:56 AM

For anyone wanting to serve Jawad, he's back in England tomorrow. In court apparently, because his wife threw him out.

Oh, and DeOS has been launched according to the Razormind news blog

Not that there's a link to it anywhere, of course.

Probably for AML/KYC reasons, right?

plastick

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:23:18 PM

"CoinIdol has sent the funds of $1,000 (according to the rates on March 7, 2017) to the multi-signature address 3EZ7DhAbwmzx7xFjfyhsoFDA3ZTmy6cQeS"

Tracing back from this address it is quite clear Jawad tumbled the BTC. No reason to do this if you're running an honest operation, but we already know he is a criminal anyway.
https://blockchain.info/address/16jGgsoQhehpazmdfnJA75GYJKP9Xb2yuf
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 05:07:09 PM

We already know he's a scammer, but this guy is also pathetic or seriously ill...

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 11:36:42 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 02:02:54 PM by cryptodevil

Hey Jawad, I know you're reading this thread because you quickly deleted your "pray for me" post. In the ongoing quest of trying to highlight all the shit you need to clean up, here, have this little alert about your 20-quid UK incorp:

I know you've previously just let these annoying compliance issues slide with your history of previously-incorporated UK companies being struck off the register, but there's a couple of things which make this instance a little more serious.

Firstly:

Now, I know you might figure that it didn't really matter those previous times, as your defence for not filing on your prior companies would simply have been that you had ceased trading. But your continued public promotion of Razormind in your attempt to be able to plead that you have tried to deliver on your bullshit 'crowdsale', means that you are provably still trading, right?

So, with that in mind, you've got this little issue rearing its head:

There's no letting this incorp slide into a default strike-off, Jawad.

Most of this DeOS liability you're facing could be swiftly resolved if you just simply offered to return the funds to whomever wanted to claim them back.

Why wouldn't you at least attempt to engage with your creditors? Courts view a pro-active move like that favourably.

Which you should have done long before now.

bronepoezd

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:58:41 AM

Hello! So I can not sell my DeOS tokens?
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 03:29:58 PM

Hello! So I can not sell my DeOS tokens?

Yes, you can't. I'm not following their "progress" for quite some time, but I don't believe that something will ever change so...

bitesnow

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:29:34 PM

Good afternoon people

I was also cheated, transferred to ICO DEOS 0.5 BTC and never saw tokens or bitcoins, nor answers to my emails, I was completely mistaken.
Worst of all, it was my first time at an ICO, so I was suspicious of all the other ICOs.
I feel injured in several bitcoins, because they could have been invested in order to provide more profits.

But I find it very strange that they are not processed, the participants should make more noise, the communication networks should help. This ICO was sponsored by various communication networks such as cointelegraph, so why do not they report the case.

Lastly I would really like to get my bitcoins back.
plastick

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:31:28 PM

You can message jawad at hello@razormind.co.uk, he almost always replies.

I always get lies and excuses. I would like to see what he tells others he scammed.

I message him all the time asking for a refund and it makes him so mad!
bitesnow

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:05:04 PM

They do not answer me!
plastick

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:11:07 PM

Maybe he just answers me because he hates me so bad that he can't help himself. I must really be getting under his skin.

Just keep sending the same email over and over, he will eventually reply because it annoys him.

He started sending me replies saying he was not Gaywad, but an "employee". This is hilarious because his "employee" had the exact same writing style, typos and vocabulary as Gaywad Fucknoob.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: