News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe in god?
Yes - 362 (65.9%)
No - 139 (25.3%)
Other - 48 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 549

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 315967 times)
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:21:00 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 05:35:24 AM by CoinCube

So now we are going to talk about processing methods?  Since your 'pork Bible wisdom' did not work too well?

Did you read all of the Leviticus?  How many times did you personally follow Leviticus 20:13?  

I have found Leviticus makes more sense if one translates "put to death" as meaning that the punishment for the crime is death at your owns hands meaning genetic death or eventual cessation of your line due to participation in behaviors that are not conducive to long term survival or reproduction.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:32:53 AM

CoinCube..... I see you missed the others.

Do you want to explain how the bible explains slavery and marrying the rapist, or even not wearing clothing of 2 different materials..... what about forbidding you from eating rabbit, shellfish, pork, weasels, scavengers, reptiles, and owls.

Please.... any of these will do?

If they are too hard, what about killing? 2 crops in the same field? No Jewelry or ostracizing people with disabilities?

Please shed some light.

Stats its not really my job to answer these questions for you nor do I have all the answers but I will answer the hardest one on your list and leave it to you to figure out the rest. Lets look at slavery. Why might the Bible/Torah have rules about how slaves should be treated rather then simply prohibit slavery outright?

Quote from: Rabbi Tzvi Freeman
Let's start simple:

Take an agrarian society surrounded by hostile nations. Go in there and forcefully abolish slavery. The result? War, bloodshed, hatred, prejudice, poverty and eventually, a return to slavery until the underlying conditions change. Which is pretty much what happened in the American South when the semi-industrialized North imposed their laws upon the agrarian South. And in Texas when Mexico attempted to abolish slavery among the Anglophones there.

Not a good idea. Better idea: Place humane restrictions upon the institution of indentured servitude. Yes, it's still ugly, but in the meantime, you'll teach people compassion and kindness. Educate. Make workshops... Eventually, things change and slavery becomes an anachronism for such a society.

Which is pretty much what happened to Jewish society. Note this: At a time when Romans had literally thousands of slaves per citizen, even the wealthiest Jews held very modest numbers of servants. And those servants, the Talmud tells us, were treated better by their masters than foreign kings would treat their own subjects.

Torah teaches us how to run a libertarian society--through education and participation. Elsewhere in the world, emperors and aristocracy knew only how to govern a mass of people through oppression. Look what happened to Rome.

Getting Real Change

If God would simply and explicitly declare all the rules, precisely as He wants His world to look and what we need to do about it, the Torah would never become real to us. No matter how much we would do and how good we would be, we would remain aliens to the process.

So, too, with slavery (and there are many other examples): In the beginning, the world starts off as a place where oppressing others is a no-qualms, perfectly acceptable practice. It's not just the practice Torah needs to deal with, it's the attitude. So Torah involves us in arriving at that attitude. To the point that we will say, "Even though the Torah lets us, we don't do things that way."

Which means that we've really learnt something. And now, we can teach it to others. Because those things you're just told, those you cannot teach. You can only teach that which you have discovered on your own.
History bears this out... As much as Rome ruled over Judea, Jewish values deeply transformed Rome. One of the results was the legal privileges eventually granted to slaves and the gradual recognition of the value of human life.

Christianity’s influence, in the west, set into motion the belief that man is accountable to God and that the law is the same regardless of status.

http://crossandquill.com/journey/the-influence-of-christianity-on-western-civilization/
Quote from: Cheryl L. Stansberry
Take the conflict between the Christian emperor Theodosius the Great and St. Ambrose. It happened in 300 A.D. when some in Thessalonica rioted and aroused the anger of the emperor who overreacted by slaughtering approximately seven thousand people, most of whom were innocent. Bishop Ambrose asked the emperor to repent and when Theodosius refused, the bishop excommunicated him. After a month Theodosius prostrated himself and repented in Ambrose’s cathedral.

Ambrose readmitted the emperor only after several months of penance and when he promoted a law, which in the case of death sentences would allow a thirty-day lag before the execution would be enforced. One can only speculate how many other massacres were avoided throughout history by the mitigating influence of a religion who's commandments include "Thou shalt not kill"

memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:53:49 AM

iam believe
if the thread vote or comment not believe
i want to ask, what do you think about earth, who create earth
and who fist in human in earth , and who create human

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:40:49 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 06:57:13 AM by CoinCube

Of course!!! "And blood on their heads" is a metaphor for what?

Seems like you must constantly adjust the interpretation of this book. 1000 years ago people were probably killing gays on spot, following this book.
Because today you cannot do that, you adjust the interpretation so that you don't break the laws by following this "holly" book.

Happy cherry picking....Delusion continues...

Yes you must adjust your interpretation of the Book as you grow in moral wisdom and gain a deeper understanding of meaning. This is a given.

How Is the Torah/Bible Interpreted?
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/819698/jewish/How-Is-the-Torah-Interpreted.htm
Quote from: Rabbi Naftali Silberberg
Torah is G‑d's wisdom. Intellect, by its very nature, allows for – and indeed demands – different avenues of understanding; how much more so when dealing with the infinite wisdom of the Infinite G‑d.

Our sages tell us that Torah can be interpreted in four different general ways: peshat, remez, drush and sod.

1) Peshat is the simple interpretation of the Torah. When the verse says (Genesis 1:1) that "In the beginning G‑d created the Heaven and Earth," it means exactly what it seems to mean, in a very literal sense.

Within these four methods of understanding Torah, there exist countless possible avenues of understanding

2) Remez is the different hints and allusions which are contained within the Torah. One of the methodologies the Torah employs to make these hints is gematryia, the numerical value of the letters of the Hebrew alphabet. For example, the gematriya of "Bereshit bara" ("In the beginning He created)" is the same as "b'Rosh Hashanah nivra ha'olam" (on Rosh Hashanah the world was created)!"

3) Drush (or Midrash) expounds upon the deeper meaning of the verse. The Hebrew word for "In the beginning" is bereshit. The midrash tells us that this word can be split into two words—b reshit. The Torah is telling us that the world was created for two ("b") "reshit"s ("firsts")—the Jews and the Torah. Although this is not the simple interpretation of the word, nevertheless it is a true and valid way of understanding the Torah.

4) Sod (secret) is the esoteric, mystical part of Torah. The Tikkunei Zohar (a book which gives seventy (!) different esoteric explanations for the word bereshit) explains that the word bereshit can also be split into "bara shis" (created [with] six). This is because the world was created through G‑d's six emotional powers: kindness, severity, beauty, victory, splendor and foundation.

Within these four methods of understanding Torah, there exist countless possible avenues of understanding. For example: There are many different ways to understand the Torah according to Peshat. That's why there are many Torah commentators who concentrate on Peshat -- Rashi, Ibn Ezra, Rashbam and many more – and they will very often (it seems, more often than not...) disagree on the literal meaning of a verse. In fact, according to Kabbalastic teachings there are 600,000 ways to understand Peshat, 600,000 ways to understand Remez, 600,000 ways to understand Drush, and 600,000 ways to understand Sod!

Any insight in Torah is acceptable as long as it (makes sense and) does not contradict any of our fundamental beliefs.

Our sages tell us that "any chiddush (novel idea) which a reputable disciple will ever come up with was already given to Moses by Sinai." Moses might not have heard this specific idea which the rabbi living thousands of years later has just thought of, but the basis of this idea was already given by Sinai.

G‑d gave us the tools to delve into the words of Torah and reveal the divine wisdom hidden therein.

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:01:07 AM

iam believe
who fist in human Cheesy..Some might say GOD Hmmm nice..Some might say the DEVIL ooo OUCH..

who create earth?..Not who but WHAT Wink..

What ever created the earth makes no difference because the earth created YOU AND I Wink..

Remember Religious freaks believe a man like being went ZAP and the earth was SO..
Impossible  Wink..

Now imagine Aliens created the earth?..STILL NOT GOD Wink..

If i plant a seed and make it grow am i a god?..The earth..

Science is the key to life Wink..

The main problem is people who believe in a god and believe in the religious books they read..
CRAZIES Wink..

People who say Arrr well something put us here but i don't know what..
You people are not the problem..

Nutters who say a human like being went zap and made the earth are crazies Wink..

No one really knows how we got here YET..
If we had no religion we would be 5 thousand years ahead or dead in science?..

Who knows religion might of slowed us down from killing ourselves..
Or it could of slowed us down from having a better life on earth..

Me thinks it slowed us down from having a better life on earth..
BUT we might of killed ourselves already..

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:43:07 PM

iam believe
who fist in human Cheesy..Some might say GOD Hmmm nice..Some might say the DEVIL ooo OUCH..

What ever created the earth makes no difference because the earth created YOU AND I Wink..
People came about by cause and effect, because cause and effect works in everything. To make cause and effect happen so that the earth could bring forth people, there must have been some very deep calculations going on. Why? Because we haven't been able to come close to making life... to say nothing about intelligent life... to say nothing about life in abundance. The "What" that did all the planning and calc and set everything into the motion that went into creating life and intelligence, is God way beyond our simple meaning of the word "God."

Remember Religious freaks believe a man like being went ZAP and the earth was SO..
Impossible  Wink..
But logical religious people realize it didn't happen by ZAP. The atheist freaks aren't logical enough to see that God (whatever He/She/It is) is the only way things could exist as they do.

Well, God certainly is not man. So, He is a form of alien.

If you formulate the process whereby a bunch of chemicals come together and form a seed, and then force the chemicals to come together... because of how complex this process is, you would be God. But you can't do this, although it has been done... by God.

God is the Maker of science.

The main problem is people who believe in a god and believe in the religious books they read..
CRAZIES Wink..
The main problem is that atheists can't think deeply enough to understand that science shows that God exists.

Nutters who say a human like being went zap and made the earth are crazies Wink..
Nutters who think that they know even a fraction of the things that go on in the universe, don't realize that they don't know enough about God to say that God couldn't go ZAP and make everything just like that. Then these same nutters go off and accept and confirm and support Big Bang that says the universe was created just like that... ZAP.

If we had no religion, Big Bang ideas would not exist as though they were factual. This means that if we didn't have the religion of science, science would be far ahead of where it is.

Rather, it shows us things about God, who created everything... except for the religion of atheism.

You thinks, but not very much. And you doesn't know.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:37:26 PM

Turn now and be saved, before it becomes too late for you.

Smiley
We don't even have free will.

Smiley

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:56:12 PM

iam believe

People came about by cause and effect, because cause and effect works in everything. To make cause and effect happen so that the earth could bring forth people, there must have been some very deep calculations going on. Why? Because we haven't been able to come close to making life... to say nothing about intelligent life... to say nothing about life in abundance. The "What" that did all the planning and calc and set everything into the motion that went into creating life and intelligence, is God way beyond our simple meaning of the word "God."

Impossible  Wink..
But logical religious people realize it didn't happen by ZAP. The atheist freaks aren't logical enough to see that God (whatever He/She/It is) is the only way things could exist as they do.

If you formulate the process whereby a bunch of chemicals come together and form a seed, and then force the chemicals to come together... because of how complex this process is, you would be God. But you can't do this, although it has been done... by God.

CRAZIES Wink..
The main problem is that atheists can't think deeply enough to understand that science shows that God exists.

Nutters who think that they know even a fraction of the things that go on in the universe, don't realize that they don't know enough about God to say that God couldn't go ZAP and make everything just like that. Then these same nutters go off and accept and confirm and support Big Bang that says the universe was created just like that... ZAP.

If we had no religion, Big Bang ideas would not exist as though they were factual. This means that if we didn't have the religion of science, science would be far ahead of where it is.

Rather, it shows us things about God, who created everything... except for the religion of atheism.

Cool
Ok no ZAP..BUT..It was so?..And it was so Cheesy..If you ask me not much different than saying ZAP  Grin..Or abracadabra  Grin..Or bish bosh bash Cheesy..

You thinks, but not very much Cheesy..Says the religious freak..At least i think..
Very much come to think about it Grin..MONEY MONEY MONEY..Bet bet bet bet..

you get told how to think by your bible?.And you still don't follow gods words after reading his manual Roll Eyes.
 You come up with crazy religious science Cheesy Cheesy..

We come from a single point..Why because we are expanding spreading out..
So rewind the clock and we started from a certain point in the universe..

Now one day we will see what happens to new solar systems how they are made Wink..
100% we will know for sure..We almost do know 100% how life and the universe started  Grin..

Just your religion is making up MAD SCIENCE..How you ask..

Well if i say it was so you will believe anything..Oh it's got to be wrote in a old looking book for you to believe Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..DUMB SHIT Cheesy Cheesy..

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:01:20 PM

iam believe

Hi, let me tell you from the start that you should read some biology book or unleast research more about that topic on how did the first human come to be.

Ok, the Earth, no one created Earth, here's a little link that you can read https://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/apr/28/starsgalaxiesandplanets.geology.

Every answer is basically a click away from you, it's up to you if you're not too ignorant to find it and read it.

Now let me ask you, do you think that this universe and all the galaxies, planets and satelites were created by the big bang? By the particles and star dust that was scattered all over? If no, why not?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 05:23:11 PM

iam believe

Hi, let me tell you from the start that you should read some biology book or unleast research more about that topic on how did the first human come to be.

Ok, the Earth, no one created Earth, here's a little link that you can read https://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/apr/28/starsgalaxiesandplanets.geology.

Every answer is basically a click away from you, it's up to you if you're not too ignorant to find it and read it.

Now let me ask you, do you think that this universe and all the galaxies, planets and satelites were created by the big bang? By the particles and star dust that was scattered all over? If no, why not?
If no, why not?..Because GOD went ZAP..OH sorry it was so Roll Eyes..
Tyrantt

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:52:41 PM

iam believe

If no, why not?..Because GOD went ZAP..OH sorry it was so Roll Eyes..

ZAP I thought it was more like TSZEEEW. No, I'm really interested, because that answer always contradicts itself.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Tyrantt

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:58:11 PM

Logical religious people realize it didn't happen by ZAP...  Cheesy Oh cmon dude, you can use logic with something like that. Logic would be "if I can't see any evidence of that, it must not exist", logic isnt "Unicorns exist, tho there isn't any evidence at all that doesn't mean that they dont exist. look they are here in these tales and books, so they must exist."

The atheist freaks aren't logical enough to see that God.. haha yeah, that must be it, they aren't logical enough. Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:48:05 PM

Logical religious people realize it didn't happen by ZAP...  Cheesy Oh cmon dude, you can use logic with something like that. Logic would be "if I can't see any evidence of that, it must not exist", logic isnt "Unicorns exist, tho there isn't any evidence at all that doesn't mean that they dont exist. look they are here in these tales and books, so they must exist."

The atheist freaks aren't logical enough to see that God.. haha yeah, that must be it, they aren't logical enough. Cheesy

Touch the wall by the computer. Is there anything behind the wall? If you can't see it, it probably isn't there, right? That's what you are saying. You are about as dumb as atheists get.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:50:26 PM

iam believe

Impossible  Wink..

CRAZIES Wink..

Cool
Ok no ZAP..BUT..It was so?..And it was so Cheesy..If you ask me not much different than saying ZAP  Grin..Or abracadabra  Grin..Or bish bosh bash Cheesy..

You thinks, but not very much Cheesy..Says the religious freak..At least i think..

you get told how to think by your bible?.And you still don't follow gods words after reading his manual Roll Eyes.

Now one day we will see what happens to new solar systems how they are made Wink..
100% we will know for sure..We almost do know 100% how life and the universe started  Grin..

Well if i say it was so you will believe anything..Oh it's got to be wrote in a old looking book for you to believe Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..DUMB SHIT Cheesy Cheesy..

There you go, saying the same silly stuff you did before. Just because you say in more than once, still doesn't make it true, or even logical.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:55:07 PM

iam believe

Many of the books say that humans came into being by evolution. Evolution is simply change, and change is programmed to do what it does by cause and effect. People were planned by the One who started cause and effect.

Believing Big Bang without any way to prove it, and in light of contradictory ideas about it even among those scientists who formulate what they think it was like, shows that the whole BB idea is stupid. Find something more logical to believe in.

Cool

lokomotive

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:58:00 PM

Yes, but as in higher power/being. Not as Christian god.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:10:40 PM

Yes, but as in higher power/being. Not as Christian god.

Why? Do you think Christians are so great that God isn't their God as well?

Cool

Tyrantt

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:21:57 PM

Touch the wall by the computer. Is there anything behind the wall? If you can't see it, it probably isn't there, right? That's what you are saying. You are about as dumb as atheists get.

Cool

But this is the thing, If I were to thouch a wall, I can and could go around and see whats on the other side and see that there is nothing on the other side, but if you were to touch a wall, would you go around to see what's behind, do a little research or would you be satisfied with some bullshit like "that's the gods domain, god scratches hiss balls there but you cant see on the other side and you shouldnt research a little because thats how it is". And that's the main problem, religious people are satisfied with some madeup bullshit about anything, do you still believe that thunder is the wrath of god? No, we know what thunder is, and that's the main deifference between atheism (science) and religion, religion has all the answers but are mostly wrong or some vague bullshit, but science doesn't knwo wall of the answers but is looking for them. You are as delusional and ignorant as a religious person gets.

Tyrantt

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:23:37 PM

iam believe

Impossible  Wink..

CRAZIES Wink..

Cool

There you go, saying the same silly stuff you did before. Just because you say in more than once, still doesn't make it true, or even logical.

Cool

That exactly same thing for for you and your "scientific" proof of gods existance. Those 4 links to the posts you wrote.

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:27:45 PM

Cool

And you're dumb if you think you can just make up what's behind the wall and portray it as fact.

Science asks what's behind the wall and if we can detect it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 189 »
  Print  

Jump to: