News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe in god?
Yes - 362 (65.9%)
No - 139 (25.3%)
Other - 48 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 549

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 315971 times)
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:21:40 AM

STOP...I am trying to help you  Grin..
Use your time on something more constructive...

Why thank you popcorn1. I am trying to help you too.
Sadly, however, you are correct in that I do not have time to continue this discussion.

I have demonstrated that belief in God is rational. I will defer further debate on the matter to others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnny11011

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:59:16 AM

Do you believe in god? If you do, why do you believe? (give a few reasons)

Do you believe in God? I believe! The Lord Jesus Christ who sits on the throne of high! I know that because he cares about me, he will discipline me. His word shall be fulfilled, and his discipline out of love!
CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 05:34:13 AM

...YOUR AN ASS HOLE...

Please send the men in white coats for this dude Cheesy Cheesy..
GROW UP NUTTER  Wink

You are like a murderer who after killing some old lady would say: "Well, she was old so I did the right thing by killing her.  I did her a favour."

I wish you both the best of luck.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:29:25 AM

Do you believe in God? I believe! The Lord Jesus Christ who sits on the throne of high! I know that because he cares about me, he will discipline me. His word shall be fulfilled, and his discipline out of love!
Anybody that bullies you the into the pointless ultimatum of "believe in me or I'll burn you forever in hell" for no reason, does not love you, neither is he your friend.

A.M.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:30:51 AM

I dont actually believe in god, I just agree and strongly follow that there is a energy in this universe which do justice. I still don't think god as a prson just a energy.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:34:51 PM

Anybody that bullies you the into the pointless ultimatum of "believe in me or I'll burn you forever in hell" for no reason, does not love you, neither is he your friend.

Anybody who tries to hide the fact of a dangerous, painful Hell from you is trying to harm you, and certainly is not your friend. Anybody who tells you about the Heaven and Hell that will come at the end of the world, is trying to get you to be saved rather than damned.

Note that Fluffer can't even begin to understand the proof that God exists -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380

- to say nothing about being able to refute or rebut or debunk it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:36:01 PM

And you will die like the rest of apes before you.

Whatever gets you going little buddy...I am sure your contribution to the human progress has been minimal.

Are you the devil, himself, or just one of his mouths?    Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
daiyuba1971

Activity: 255

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:43:11 PM

Whatever gets you going little buddy...I am sure your contribution to the human progress has been minimal.

If he cares about you and you sincerely believe in it then tell me why you live in constant search of food. Why don't you live in abundance? Many Arab sheiks who Finance terrorists are living now in Paradise. Why?
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 07:59:06 PM

Science in his infinite wisdom has try to debunk every reasons why people believe in God from the world of medicine where almost every form of transplant is possible to the various theories to debunk the existence of God by the philosophers among other explanations for things that remain un-understandable in the past, but for me, I still believe in the super-natural because several things will happen in life that one cannot even explain and that is the Supernatural and that is simply God working in which I am proud to have and will still believe in.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:05:04 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2018, 02:26:30 PM by TrumpD

What is CBDoken?
The secure, global and transparent marketplace for purchasing and trading of quality-assured CBD-based products utilizing the power of blockchain technology. CBD or Cannabidiol is a substance that is generated through extraction of organic materials found in the structure of special industrial hemp that does not contain significant amounts of THC (the substance that governments are concerned about).

There are issues in this industry that nobody is addressing, and we find it a viable use case for blockchain technology to be incorporated. It is difficult to trade CBD on the open market, and unlike Oil, Steel, and other commodities, trading hemp is not as simple as it sounds. This is why CBDoken is tokenizing premium 55% concentration CBD Full Spectrum Extract and creating voucher tokens on a 1:1 ratio under the watchful eye of KPMG, a global auditing company that will be taking care of keeping everything tracked. One token for one gram of product.

The tokenization helps solve the transparency issues with global CBD product pricing, deals with massive quality fluctuations. To top this off, CBDoken provides the world’s first CBD marketplace, where anybody in the world can trade actual CBD stock audited by a global player in the world. CBDoken is not a producer of CBD products, but rather we have partnered with one of Europe’s most affluent companies in the sector, PharmaHemp. Together with them, we have stockpiled 750 000 grams of the above-mentioned CBD product.

We are building a community around our project based on values and needs, so if you are interested in CBD, come and talk with us! For more information have a look at our whitepaper, but if you have any questions simply post a comment below or speak with us on Telegram.

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:36:56 PM

The Argument from Religion - A Transcendental Argument

Morality can’t be found from a scientific examination of nature. So if morality is not in nature it must be beyond nature – the supernatural.

Where does value come from? It’s not found in the world reduced to scientific facts. Nonetheless, it’s found in the world as we actually experience it. We find value in all sorts of things. We value our friendships, and hopefully at least some of our family members. We value certain books, films, projects, beautiful days, ‘nature,’ and music. So value exists. We experience it. A transcendental argument asks – what must the world be like for this experience to be possible? There must be more to the world than scientific facts. The value of the world that we discover must have its basis in something else.
Morality is invisible to science because science cannot see value. Anything invisible to science must either not exist at all, or it must be nonphysical. Our name for the nonphysical aspects of reality is the spiritual, i.e., the divine, transcendent, God.
There is remarkable agreement among those at the higher reaches of many world religions. High level Buddhists, Catholic monks, Kabbalists, Sufis, all describe ultimate reality in similar terms and much of what they say can be summed up in the cliché, ‘all is one.’

If all is one, then my treating you badly is really treating myself badly.

I disagree with the argument from religion and its transcendental argument. It is my belief that humans are intrinsically moral whilst they are at the same time completely natural. I reject a transcendental argument with its postulate of a non physical transcendence - this is a mere construct, a superfluous idea - without a direct basis in physical existence, which is what I believe is in fact the only existence that is, and reality and all it implies (see wiki for details) as well. The world is as it is in its natural state and this reality make morality possible. There is no other basis to have this moral value we find in humans. I name the nonphysical aspects of reality the emergent qualities of personhood. No need to interject metaphysical (imaginary) constructs here. We are indeed connected to each other in a network, but its all natural.

There are others who would not agree with limited "modern" science in this regard - 15 minutes.

The Folly of Machine Consciousness (FULL) - Health Ranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzNAy84OBY

Even one cellular organisms display patterns of learned behavior. You don't need a "spirit" to have moral traits - all you need is an example. The idea of me having (being) a "spirit", a consciousness that will continue after death is a fallacy. My consciousness will die with me. Consciousness in the sense of what it contributes to morality is learned behavior. All humans learn by example as they start life at 0 and take it from there on wards. This is the way of nature.

Oh yeah, well my penis didn't "learn" how to get this rock hard and long. It has a consciousness of its own because it keeps chasing slutty women around even though I keep trying to tell it how much trouble that behavior ends up causing.

Your penis getting rock hard and long is a natural phenomenon, even if it is the case by chasing slutty women. Don't try and fight it - accept the trouble it will cause. Learn to live with it, and merge your consciousness with that of your penis.

LOL

god made my cock the way it is so it must be perfect. I gotta go, god wants me to merge my penis with a slutty woman.

Yes the Celestial Energy is superb in bringing opposites together in a pull stronger than that of gravitation. The slutty women are readying themselves for merging and the horndog men can barely wait to immerse.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:52:50 PM

Anybody who tries to hide the fact of a dangerous, painful Hell from you is trying to harm you, and certainly is not your friend.

Cool
People that publicly annouce that unbelievers (in your own specific god) should be executed are dangerous.

So, the best way we can help locked-in (won't change) sodomite unbelievers, and all locked-in unbelievers, is to execute them as fast as possible.

Cool

Let's hope the authorities are keeping a close eye on you, so you can be taken down quickly if you do start doing anything silly. Cool

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:56:47 PM

The Argument from Religion - A Transcendental Argument

Morality can’t be found from a scientific examination of nature. So if morality is not in nature it must be beyond nature – the supernatural.

Where does value come from? It’s not found in the world reduced to scientific facts. Nonetheless, it’s found in the world as we actually experience it. We find value in all sorts of things. We value our friendships, and hopefully at least some of our family members. We value certain books, films, projects, beautiful days, ‘nature,’ and music. So value exists. We experience it. A transcendental argument asks – what must the world be like for this experience to be possible? There must be more to the world than scientific facts. The value of the world that we discover must have its basis in something else.
Morality is invisible to science because science cannot see value. Anything invisible to science must either not exist at all, or it must be nonphysical. Our name for the nonphysical aspects of reality is the spiritual, i.e., the divine, transcendent, God.
There is remarkable agreement among those at the higher reaches of many world religions. High level Buddhists, Catholic monks, Kabbalists, Sufis, all describe ultimate reality in similar terms and much of what they say can be summed up in the cliché, ‘all is one.’

If all is one, then my treating you badly is really treating myself badly.

I disagree with the argument from religion and its transcendental argument. It is my belief that humans are intrinsically moral whilst they are at the same time completely natural. I reject a transcendental argument with its postulate of a non physical transcendence - this is a mere construct, a superfluous idea - without a direct basis in physical existence, which is what I believe is in fact the only existence that is, and reality and all it implies (see wiki for details) as well. The world is as it is in its natural state and this reality make morality possible. There is no other basis to have this moral value we find in humans. I name the nonphysical aspects of reality the emergent qualities of personhood. No need to interject metaphysical (imaginary) constructs here. We are indeed connected to each other in a network, but its all natural.

There are others who would not agree with limited "modern" science in this regard - 15 minutes.

The Folly of Machine Consciousness (FULL) - Health Ranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzNAy84OBY

Even one cellular organisms display patterns of learned behavior. You don't need a "spirit" to have moral traits - all you need is an example. The idea of me having (being) a "spirit", a consciousness that will continue after death is a fallacy. My consciousness will die with me. Consciousness in the sense of what it contributes to morality is learned behavior. All humans learn by example as they start life at 0 and take it from there on wards. This is the way of nature.

Oh yeah, well my penis didn't "learn" how to get this rock hard and long. It has a consciousness of its own because it keeps chasing slutty women around even though I keep trying to tell it how much trouble that behavior ends up causing.

Your penis getting rock hard and long is a natural phenomenon, even if it is the case by chasing slutty women. Don't try and fight it - accept the trouble it will cause. Learn to live with it, and merge your consciousness with that of your penis.

LOL

god made my cock the way it is so it must be perfect. I gotta go, god wants me to merge my penis with a slutty woman.

Yes the Celestial Energy is superb in bringing opposites together in a pull stronger than that of gravitation. The slutty women are readying themselves for merging and the horndog men can barely wait to immerse.

In the name of the father, the sunshine, and the glory hole, Amen

popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:53:38 PM

...YOUR AN ASS HOLE...

Please send the men in white coats for this dude Cheesy Cheesy..
GROW UP NUTTER  Wink

You are like a murderer who after killing some old lady would say: "Well, she was old so I did the right thing by killing her.  I did her a favour."

But you don't really?..You called me an ass hole Wink..Not very good for a god believer Grin..
So that's 1 going to hell.. CoinCube the devil as got your name Smiley..

What if all what you see is just a computer programme ?..
What if a goblin made a bacteria and made life on earth?.

What if popcorn 1 is god and as a plan for you all Grin..
What if my thinking is not what i am thinking?..

What if i am in a coma and i am still dreaming?..
What if i died and i am already in hell or heaven?..

What if a big space monster farted and pooped out the earth ?..

All possible but non believable  Wink..So why worry Grin..

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:51:11 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2017, 03:42:49 AM by CoinCube

But you don't really?..You called me an ass hole Wink..Not very good for a god believer Grin..

I was not planning on posting again in this thread but I wanted to post one final time and kindly inform readers that the claim of popcorn1 is false. I did not call him or anyone one else an asshole.

He was, however, obviously offended by my description of atheism as irrational and called me a number of rather unkind things which can be seen by anyone wishing to go back and read the last few pages of this thread.

Atheism is irrational unless it is absolute nihilism this is simple fact. If you don't want to hear it from me you can here it from the smartest atheist I have yet to come across on this forum.

At its most pure and fundamental level knowledge is faith and faith is knowledge.
This is the essential difference between theism/spiritualism and nihilism, it is the question of epistemology, of what is knowledge. I know that this equation of knowledge with faith is false or at least self-defeating. I agree, atheism is false, but that it is false exactly to the extent that its still not absolute nihilism.

nihilnegativum is a rational atheist. I think he is wrong but he is indisputably rational and I enjoyed conversing with him in our prior Discussion of Nihilism. Sadly I am unable to say the same regarding some of the posters in this thread.

"If you're rational you don't get to believe whatever you want to believe.”

― Michael Huemer

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 04:41:07 AM

Whatever gets you going, little buddy...I am sure your contribution to the human progress has been minimal.

Now, that is disturbing.  The difference between you and ISIS is access to guns and ammo.

Ideologically you both are aligned.  Non-believers are automatically 'devil', whatever that means.

You need a team of experts to work with you around the clock to treat your condition.

I didn't really think you are the devil, himself. Of course, I don't really know you aren't.

The only non-believers are dead people. All the live people believe something. Atheists believe that they are god. They just don't admit it.

Jesus is my expert. He has treated me very well. Why do you keep rejecting His treatment?

Actually, you don't. You don't have enough strength to resist. You will receive a glorified body in the resurrection. Everybody will. The difference is, the glorified body of all the people who are in favor of God, will be home for them in Heavenly joy and glory with God. Your glorified body will keep you alive eternally in Hell, where you will feel the continual pains of the attempted destruction of it... a body that can't die.

You certainly are welcome to join us with God. Turn now, while there still is time for you.

Cool

shualingfa

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 06:14:47 AM

You don't believe in God, there is no God; if you believe in God, some simple. If you believe in God, know the true God, became god.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 08:54:27 AM

You don't believe in God, there is no God; if you believe in God, some simple. If you believe in God, know the true God, became god.

I remember this one particular quote, just searched it, and yep, I heard it from House, MD.
Here:
You can't be angry with God and not believe in him at the same time. Sara B. Cooper, House

Pretty nice, right?

CoinCube
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:50:55 AM

I remember this one particular quote, just searched it, and yep, I heard it from House, MD.
Here:
You can't be angry with God and not believe in him at the same time. Sara B. Cooper, House

Pretty nice, right?

While logically one would think that would be the case this is another area where we often see irrational behavior.

WHEN ATHEISTS ARE ANGRY AT GOD
https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2011/01/when-atheists-are-angry-at-god

Quote from: Joe Carter
I’ve shaken my fist in anger at stalled cars, storm clouds, and incompetent meteorologists. I’ve even, on one terrible day that included a dead alternator, a blaring blaring tornado-warning siren, and a horrifically wrong weather forecast, cursed all three at once. I’ve fumed at furniture, cussed at crossing guards, and held a grudge against Gun Barrel City, Texas. I’ve been mad at just about anything you can imagine.

Except unicorns. I’ve never been angry at unicorns.

It’s unlikely you’ve ever been angry at unicorns either. We can become incensed by objects and creatures both animate and inanimate. We can even, in a limited sense, be bothered by the fanciful characters in books and dreams. But creatures like unicorns that don’t exist—that we truly believe not to exist—tend not to raise our ire. We certainly don’t blame the one-horned creatures for our problems.

The one social group that takes exception to this rule is atheists. They claim to believe that God does not exist and yet, according to empirical studies, tend to be the people most angry at him.

A new set of studies in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology finds that atheists and agnostics report anger toward God either in the past or anger focused on a hypothetical image of what they imagine God must be like. Julie Exline, a psychologist at Case Western Reserve University and the lead author of this recent study, has examined other data on this subject with identical results. Exline explains that her interest was first piqued when an early study of anger toward God revealed a counterintuitive finding: Those who reported no belief in God reported more grudges toward him than believers.

At first glance, this finding seemed to reflect an error. How could people be angry with God if they did not believe in God? Reanalyses of a second dataset revealed similar patterns: Those who endorsed their religious beliefs as “atheist/agnostic” or “none/unsure” reported more anger toward God than those who reported a religious affiliation.

Exline notes that the findings raised questions of whether anger might actually affect belief in God’s existence, an idea consistent with social science’s previous clinical findings on “emotional atheism.”

The most striking finding was that when Exline looked only at subjects who reported a drop in religious belief, their faith was least likely to recover if anger toward God was the cause of their loss of belief. In other words, anger toward God may not only lead people to atheism but give them a reason to cling to their disbelief.

Many atheists do, of course, proceed to their denial of God based solely on rational justifications. That is why evidentialist and philosophical approaches to apologetics will always be necessary. But I'm beginning to suspect that emotional atheism is far more common than many realize. We need a new apologetic approach that takes into account that the ordinary pain and sufferings of life leads more people away from God than a library full of anti-theist books. Focusing solely on the irate sputterings of the imperfectly intellectual New Atheists may blind us to the anger and suffering that is adding new nonbelievers to their ranks.

ekaterina77

Activity: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 10:50:30 AM

I don't believe in God. I do not have enough evidence of its existence. Moreover the longer I live, the more I am convinced that there is no God. I do funny to see grown men fall on their knees before pictures.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 189 »
  Print  

Jump to: