News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe in god?
Yes - 362 (65.9%)
No - 139 (25.3%)
Other - 48 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 549

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 315976 times)
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 01:33:52 AM

Do i believe in God... hmmm tough question. I dont believe in God in sens of religion terms, coz i dont believe in after life. I believe in balance in nature, symbiosis of all living things. Peaceful life of everything on earth. I believe that love is one of most powerful things out there, love to all.

So you're a hippie, then? That's cool, I enjoyed the free love generation.

I dont think i am, but i dont know much about hippies tho. Who knows, maybe im am one and i dont even know XD . Cheesy

Hippies aren't that hard to understand. They constantly bitch about how they hate the establishment, did everything they could to look and act different from from regular people, got stoned as much as possible while listening to good music and fucking each other's brains out.

It was a good life but the AIDS/HIV scare happened in the early 80s and made us afraid to have sex anymore. Then good Colombian Gold, NorCal sensimilla and grade a pure Peruvian Blue Flake cocaine was replaced by skunk weed, laced weed and crack so getting high wasn't as good as it used to be so we became yuppies driven by money instead. 

Than indeed part of me is hippie (-drugs, im against it) which is interesting to think about. Never thought of my self that way Cheesy .

Well then, welcome to the ex-hippie club brother.  Cheesy

You made me laugh. Not loud one, but that sweet almost silent one. Thanks for warm welcome Cheesy .

Remember people, when in the presents of a hippie, blast slayer.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
runningm520

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:06:38 AM

Do you believe in God? -- I believe. Why do you believe this? - I believe ordinary people, I must believe something, otherwise I can not sustenance, and then fall into the abyss, never stop, go on.
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:27:38 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 09:34:22 PM by CoinCube

Do you believe in God? -- I believe. Why do you believe this? - I believe ordinary people, I must believe something, otherwise I can not sustenance, and then fall into the abyss, never stop, go on.

Try to exercise and meditate.  Find a hobby.

You are very weak as a person if you need to believe in nonsense to go on.

Religion is for weak minded.

Exercise and meditation are good. As is finding a hobby.

All humans are weak minded atheists included. Most of us do not understand what we believe in. For example most "atheists" do not know that their belief in secular atheism leads inevitably to nihilism if they are rational and honest with themselves.

Why Secular Atheism Leads to Nihilism
http://templestream.blogspot.com/2015/02/nihilism-is-logical-philsophical.html
Quote from: Richard H. Warden

Secular atheism, when lived out with intellectual honestly, leads to nihilism. Why is this? Because there is ultimately no objective basis for purposeful meaning in life for the secular atheist. Inventing meaning is neither rational nor logical. For example,  a sign that states “Dead End” would offer an incoherent and false meaning if placed alongside a continuous superhighway. A sign, or anything in life that conveys meaning, only has valid and coherent meaning when it is linked to a corresponding reality in some type of logical manner. Many atheists are confused on this point. Richard Dawkins. for example, has claimed that an “adult” view of life is to subjectively “make” meaning in your life, in whatever manner you may wish to do this. In reality, this is a childish and superficial approach to a deep subject. Children, not adults, are fond of creating make-believe worlds. The following is a quote of Richard Dawkins from the God Delusion:

“The truly adult view [...] is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it. And we can make it very wonderful indeed.”

Unlike Dawkins' make-believe meaning in life, Christian debaters, such as William Lane Craig, have  demonstrated that a rational and logical worldview is possible only when it is based on logically framed precepts arranged in a logical syntax, and not merely based on pretentious whims.

Why Richard Dawkins' View of Meaning is Absurd...

1.  Valid and coherent meaning in life must be somehow verifiable with objective logical principles.
2. Any proposed meaning that is not verifiable with objective logical principles is irrational and ultimately absurd.
3.  Richard Dawkins offers that we should subjectively “make”meaning in life.
4. Therefore, Richard Dawkins' concept of meaning in life is irrational and absurd.

Richard Dawkins' concept of meaning in life seems to consist of an existential secular Spaghetti Monster dressed up in a cheap tuxedo. You can call invented and make-believe meaning in life “adult” or “wonderful” or even “very wonderful” - but it's still seems to be absurd to live life based upon make-believe meaning. What do you personally believe about the concept of meaning?

A. Meaning is an objective facet of life.
B. Meaning is arbitrary according to your whims.
C. Neither A nor B.
D. Both A and B.

An atheist writer posted an article at Dawkins' website, the Richard Dawkins Foundation, which outlines a view of meaning that seems to be a bit more objective than Dawkins' own view of meaning. The post is titled, "Why identify as atheist and not nihilist?" and the author states, "If logical, rational thinking is used then I fail to see how nihilism cannot be the conclusion." and, furthermore, "If you don't believe in a creator or divine plan and you understand how our minds and emotions have evolved as chemical signals and electrical pulses then where do you fit the meaning in to this? I enjoy being alive and live as hedonistic lifestyle as possible yet I am under no illusion that this has any meaning outside of my own mind." It's not surprising that Dawkins' own website offers views that contradict and oppose his own views on meaning. The New Atheists have not offered anything in the way of valid logical arguments to support their position.

Secular Atheists Have no Logical Basis to Affirm Purposeful Meaning in Life

William Lane Craig posted an article at his website entitled, The Absurdity of Life without God, postulating, "Why on atheism life has no ultimate meaning, value, or purpose, and why this view is unlivable."

"The fundamental problem with this solution, however, is that it is impossible to live consistently and happily within such a world view. If one lives consistently, he will not be happy; if one lives happily, it is only because he is not consistent. Francis Schaeffer has explained this point well. Modern man, says Schaeffer, resides in a two-story universe. In the lower story is the finite world without God; here life is absurd, as we have seen. In the upper story are meaning, value, and purpose. Now modern man lives in the lower story because he believes there is no God. But he cannot live happily in such an absurd world; therefore, he continually makes leaps of faith into the upper story to affirm meaning, value, and purpose, even though he has no right to, since he does not believe in God."

Rational Secular Atheists Admit that their Atheism Leads to Nihilism

A self-confessed atheist, Adam, who is quoted at Craig's website, declares that he has come to hate his secular atheism due to its ultimate and undeniable nihilistic philosophical connection.

"This theme came to my attention when I saw an atheist post a long comment for William Lane Craig to address. Adam, the atheist, described why, "There is no escaping the nihilism as an atheist." He wrote to Craig, "After reading your paper on the absurdity of life without God, I soon realized that I had to become a nihilist." and he continued, "Let me mention here that I was a huge fan of the New Atheists, but I always sensed something was askew with them. Something seemed off about them because whenever they were talking about meaning, value, or purpose, they answered in such ways that only a person ignorant of the objections in your paper could respond. In short (too late), your paper never left my mind, even years after I wrote a "response" to it. I knew, deep down, that not only did I not, but could not answer your objections to atheism. What you say the atheistic worldview entails is true. There is no escaping the nihilism as an atheist."

John Piippo's blog outlines an argument William Lane Craig presented on this subject:

1) If theism is true, then we have a solid basis for morality.
2) If theism is false, then we do not have a solid basis for morality.
3) If 2 is true, then atheism does not lead to humanism, but to nihilism.

Dr. Craig states, "If theism is false, you've got to ask yourself, Why wouldn't nihilism be true? What proof do you have that nihilism is not the correct remaining alternative?" and, "Thus, if atheism is true, it becomes impossible to condemn war, oppression, or crime as evil. Nor can one praise brotherhood, equality, or love as good. It doesn't matter what you do - for there is no right and wrong; good and evil does not exist."

The typical reply by atheists is that, "Atheism does not lead to anything, it's just a lack of belief in God." But this is a glib answer that sidesteps the fact that atheism, when taken as a precept for life, is lived out in a very definite context. Any belief lived out in a context has implications. If you believe that atheism does not lead to nihilism in a philosophical context, I would be curious to see your reasoning in a comment of this post. I've found some sample atheist websites that deny (or avoid) this fact in their simplistic and / or vague summaries:  
The question of the meaning and purpose of life is logically an urgent one because it informs all the other decisions in life. This can be outlined in a logical deductive argument, which leads to another argument that supports the logical necessity of God's existence:

Arguments for God from Metalogical Necessities

Mersedes

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:58:45 PM

Probably you don't so much believe in God as you to move forward you need to have someone you managed. After all, if you get to the end, then you forward is not God, and preachers. And they are people just like you.
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:13:38 PM

Probably you don't so much believe in God as you to move forward you need to have someone you managed. After all, if you get to the end, then you forward is not God, and preachers. And they are people just like you.

Nihilism in my opinion is the abyss.

http://www.arasite.org/WL3/nietnihil.html#_ftn1
Quote from: Dr. W Large
It (nihilism) is the continued destruction of all meaning and signification. It is the belief that nothing really matters any more, because nothing really has any meaning. We have no system of beliefs or values which could orientate us. The old systems of belief, like religion and morality, still exist, but at best we only follow them half-heartedly, and at worst, think that they have no meaning whatsoever.  They exist only the edges of our lives and consciousnesses. But it isn’t just the world that doesn’t have any meaning anymore. We ourselves don’t have any meaning to ourselves. Why should we choice one course of action over the other? What does it really matter anymore, since no-one’s individual life really has any significance in the grand scheme of things...

Nothing is worth much anymore, everything comes down to the same thing, everything is equalized. Everything is the same and equivalent: the true and the false, the good and the bad. Everything is outdated, used up, old dilapidated, dying: an undefined agony of meaning, an unending twilight: not a definite annihilation of significations, but their indefinite collapse.

Gasturcas

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:30:53 PM

As a Catholic, Yes, I believe in God. Every time I pray, God always hears me. I know that God is always with me because he keeps me safe. Every morning I wake up,  I always thank God for the breathe of life. I feel blessed every day because I was able to eat 3 times a day or even more. I know that man is in charge of the actions but God always checks on us.

BitcoinPicasso

Activity: 134

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:00:38 PM

I have strayed from my catholic past. Now I just do whatever I want. But there is still god in my brain for some reason. I still feel that he exists and I'm not doing things he wants. But then I just keep doing whatever I want and ignore the feeling. Maybe its just brain washing from when I was young or its real. I think brain washing..
akasma

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:07:12 PM

I believe in God because my life is given from The God and Everything I have it's given from The God
Klima

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 04:09:40 PM

I have strayed from my catholic past. Now I just do whatever I want. But there is still god in my brain for some reason. I still feel that he exists and I'm not doing things he wants. But then I just keep doing whatever I want and ignore the feeling. Maybe its just brain washing from when I was young or its real. I think brain washing..
Any religion based on brainwashing. You were right to abandon faith in God. What you have in brain there are principles that is good. Man lives in society and must adhere to certain rules of morality, but it has nothing to do with God.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:22:20 PM

Any religion based on brainwashing. You were right to abandon faith in God. What you have in brain there are principles that is good. Man lives in society and must adhere to certain rules of morality, but it has nothing to do with God.

I agree with what your saying, it has nothing to do with god, but I would add that society isn't even really necessary. People have an innate sense of right and wrong that doesn't require a religion to teach it and some people are born with a physiological defect that turns that sense off. Irregardless of the existence of religion those two things hold true in all societies.

Catholic priests have raped and molested little boys even though they are constantly surrounded by the teachings of religion but if you ask a normal non-religious person if they would rape a child and the idea of it makes them nauseous and disgusted. Ask a person without the antisocial physical brain defect to murder and they can't do it. Militaries spend thousands of hours brainwashing young people in training to enable them to go into battle and kill because without that training, even knowing their life is in jeopardy, they would hesitate and die themselves because they innately know killing is wrong. 

dirokkl

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:42:58 PM

I believe in God because my life is given from The God and Everything I have it's given from The God
The life you gave your parents. Would be better if you loved them as a mythical God! I do not understand people who believe that we owe our life to God. More than that every weekend they go to Church, and to parents go several times a year.
kaixinfaa

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:20:01 AM

God is the only thing I can and will not change, I can not think of what they do not deserve
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:30:56 AM

The life you gave your parents. Would be better if you loved them as a mythical God! I do not understand people who believe that we owe our life to God. More than that every weekend they go to Church, and to parents go several times a year.
I think you're saying this based on the belief that was instilled to you while you're still young. A lot of people are that way. Although i don't see anything wrong with it and it's even better that people believe in god as they would have inspiration to become better persons.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Hiren74

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:57:55 AM

As much as a I believe santa clause Wink
STFU!

Activity: 147
Merit: 102

"Sometimes u Need to Stop,But Doesn't Mean u Quit"

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:29:51 PM

Yes I Do.. same as non believer,, they do believe on Miracle? then i do believe on who created  all the Miracles..and the answered is GOD.
Tyrantt

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:30:16 PM

As a Catholic, Yes, I believe in God. Every time I pray, God always hears me. I know that God is always with me because he keeps me safe. Every morning I wake up,  I always thank God for the breathe of life. I feel blessed every day because I was able to eat 3 times a day or even more. I know that man is in charge of the actions but God always checks on us.

IF god is wtching you and keeping you safe, do you cross the road without looking both ways first? or you maybe have just a slightest doubt and look both ways before crossing anyways?

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
chachaa

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:39:33 PM

IF god is wtching you and keeping you safe, do you cross the road without looking both ways first? or you maybe have just a slightest doubt and look both ways before crossing anyways?
The reason is not in God, and in the case. Randomness is God. I don't believe in God. Moreover, I believe those who believes in him is not quite adequate. Those who have brains will never believe that a person can make from clay.
Tyrantt

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 03:45:40 PM

The reason is not in God, and in the case. Randomness is God. I don't believe in God. Moreover, I believe those who believes in him is not quite adequate. Those who have brains will never believe that a person can make from clay.

That's what im saying. The best case of that randomness are the prayers, no matter who do you pray to.. Christian god, allah, a jug of milk, a car... the answer is always no and maybe.

Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1344

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 04:45:07 PM

Your life was given to you by your parents. Belief in god is not a bad thing, but you should not go overboard. Extreme religiosity is to be blamed for most of the violence in this world.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Feel free to drop your doubts bellow
Report to moderator 
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦       ▬▬▬ ▬          Stake.com     /     Play Smarter          ▬ ▬▬▬       ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
L E A D I N G   C R Y P T O  C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S   B E T T I N G

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1061

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Ignore

Re: [OPEN]Stake.com NEW SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN l NEW PAYRATES l HERO & LEG ONLY
May 31, 2022, 08:28:59 AM
Reply with quote  +Merit  #2
Bitcointalk Username: strongkored
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=640554
Forum Rank: Legendary
Are you able to wear our Signature, Avatar & Personal Text? will wear upon receipt
Stake
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 05:27:44 PM

Your life was given to you by your parents. Belief in god is not a bad thing, but you should not go overboard. Extreme religiosity is to be blamed for most of the violence in this world.

But who gave my parents their lives? Oh yes. Grandparents.

How far back do you want to go with this thinking? There is no evolution. Evolution is mathematically impossible ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1454732.0 ), and irreducible complexity shows us that evolution couldn't have happened even if it were mathematically possible.

Something built us. And that Something is way smarter than we are. We are the artificial intelligence, and the thing that built us and the universe matches the dictionary description of our word "God." In fact, our descriptions of God don't come even close to describing His power, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. In fact, to use words from someone else, "The foolishness of God is wiser than mans' wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than mans' strength."

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 189 »
  Print  

Jump to: