Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92985 times)
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:51:00 PM

Welcome to White Paper Week!

For every day for the rest of this week we will be posting the white papers which dive into technical detail as to how the Tao Network aims achieve its goal of being a cryptographically secure ecosystem for the distribution of digital assets and media.

Today we are proud to release our first white paper which outlines the operation of subchains: a novel solution for creating virtually unlimited UTXO data sets, commonly known as "blockchain assets".  There are no Rube Goldberg complexities, merged mining, or vast changes to the blockchain which create the risk of fault or failure.  With the inclusion of adaptive block sizes, the transaction throughput for Bitcoin-based blockchains becomes virtually unlimited.

http://tao.network/Subchainsv1.1.pdf
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:10:15 AM

OMG  byrce weinier.

that is a nightmare!
tazmantasik

Activity: 1112
Merit: 507

Don't Get Involved

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:39:50 AM

is there a bounty twitter ?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
pkoston

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:57:50 PM

Warning

many interesting links about Bryce Weiner i have found on bitcointalk. before you hand over your money to these guys it is good to know this

Shaun Chacon – Community Manager

Bryce Weiner – Architect

Angela Swenson – Legal Counsel

J. Vincent Zylinksi – Data Analysis

Dale "D-Wiz" Everingham – Advisor, Engineer in Residence

Rehan Basson – Advisor, Open Source Government

Eillot Hedman – Advisor, BitLand

The story of the Razor ("RZR") scam. Bryce Weiner and RazorTech

Here's the pastebin I wrote today about RZR:

http://pastebin.com/zwKZQhu4

First “Razortech” (an anonymous developer out of nowhere nobody knows about) created a coin called Razor (RZR), which was a complete copy of a scamcoin called Neutrino (a 100% premined  scam https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657607.0). Razortech just copied the idea (using Tor) and code of Neutrino, and made it without premine so that they could advertise the “No premine” shit to make the coin seem legit.
The coin tried to capitalise on the anonymity trend in shitcoins going on at the time (DRK, CRYPT, CLOAK and similar shitcoins), they knew the hype was gonna come. The coin had no premine, but the mining schedule was made so that there would be huge inflation (new coins mined) during the first weeks so that miners would profit big from noobs who would get exited about a new anon Tor coin (and bring the price to an unsustainable level right away).

Bryce Weiner (who worked at BlockTech at the time) saw the opportunity to get involved and hype a coin that would be highly profitable for miners (that's what he does, he creates new coins, he mines and dumps them “I make money out of thin air”  http://pastebin.com/VGyVPHN4)  so he started “working” and “developing” RZR along with RazorTech.

To hype a little more, Razortech said that a SMS gateway was in testing and coming shortly, and they said that they had a new solution that would anonymise transactions in the blockchain better than traditional coin mixing and that solution was in testing and ready to launch shortly too.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644498.msg7566115#msg7566115
These features were NEVER RELEASED (they were likely a lie).  

A decentralised market like Openbazaar (well basically a copy of Openbazaar...) using RZR named “RZRoad” was also promised.   

The coin started going apeshit on Twitter and Weiner was hyping it with all his strength. The inflation was ridiculous (250-300 BTCs a day) and some  were getting concerned and warned people (https://twitter.com/CryptoCobain/status/479939530733412352), but Weiner continued hyping (price was around 200k-300k satoshis at the time).

After a few days from RZR Bittrex listing, price crashed and pretty much continued crashing with some dead cat bounces here and there to eventually reach 5k satoshis (today's price).

Price continued bleeding with no real developments, no features, no new tech, no nothing.
Razortech and Weiner don't care, because their “MineHypeDump” mission was complete.

Now Razortech has gone missing, Devon Read (Blocktech CEO) said “we don't have plans to use Razor in anything”, and seems like Weiner will not develop the coin any further from here (https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner/status/529381868677128192).

Bryce Weiner is fired (“he quit for ethical reasons”, yeah right LMAO) from  Blocktech and he's probably gonna try to continue create new shitcoins while keeping the whole “MineHypeDump” scheme intact.

RZR was a con. A clusterfuck. A highly profitable (for early miners only though, dumping on noobs) cheap copy of a scamcoin that had 0 real developments since its launch.

Bryce Weiner is an incompetent developer who gets people screwed at best, an outright conman and scammer at worst.
Simply stay away from anything he touches as a developer.

BitSeeds

Here is how Bryce ended up working with us..

This project started in end of April 2014, when I came up with the concept. I approached Rainforest Fdtn (RF) about it on May 2nd. Our first call was over 3 hours long, because they had never even heard of Bitcoin. So for months we discussed and outlined the way this project would work.

I started looking for a dev in June, by attending Bitcoin meetups in NY. That is where I met Coin.co and pitched them on the idea which they loved and wanted to be a part of it also. I also met a dev there that was interested in the project and we started discussing details for about a month. He ended up not being what we were looking for so we parted ways, but around that time (end of July 2014), I met a dev by the name of Joseph who had gotten a job working at Blocktech.

Joseph introduced me to Devon Read the CEO of Blocktech on 8/8/14 through email. We started discussing the project and he seemed very enthusiastic and offered to have Blocktech build the coin for us.

We spoke for about a month on the coin specifics etc. The original coin specifics were VERY different. The premine was only supposed to be 12.5mil (1.25% of total coins), 5% interest PoS. RF was under a sell schedule that looked like.. at $1.50 they could sell 2% of their premine at $3 another 2% etc. If they went through their entire sell schedule they would yield around 1.5bil which was needed for the planting of the 1bil trees.

Devon Read introduced me to Bryce Weiner in the beginning of September 2014 and said that he'd be taking over the project. Bryce really understood the concept and our vision at first, and he was very excited to be a part of this. So it went that contracts were done up and we started to get to work.

From Sept to Dec we focused on logo, motto, colors, site plan, designs etc. Bryce assured me that the coin would not take longer than a few weeks to build and test, so whenever we were ready with everything he could have it done as soon as we needed it.

When we cycled back to Bryce in Dec he had already left Blocktech, but told me that they parted ways but were amicable and that he was still very interested in doing the coin. It wasnt until Jan/Feb that we became aware of Bryce's negative google results. But by this time we were all invested in the project and he assured us that what was written was not true about him. I have to say at this time Bryce was definitely helping in sculpting the idea of the coin and ways to get it out there. He never came off as malicious or evil as some people have pointed him out to be. We just chalked it up to people hating in the forums, because they lost money and Bryce was the only one that was "named" to those specific coins.

Around the same time (February) our front end dev had personal issues and had to leave the project. I searched for a new dev and found one (March) that is a friend of mine and has done front end dev work on some of my past projects. At this time Bryce came up with a new coin structure (the one we went with), and told us that these were much better coin features. He assured us that the 10% interest and the large premine would benefit RF because they would make BitSeeds that they can pass off to donors every year. Oh also the large premine was actually going to be given back to the community in the form of 1mil coins every year.

We came up with the concept of gifting BitSeeds to donors. This way we wouldn't have to sell BitSeeds into the market and lower the price for everyone else. The type of donors RF gets is usually very affluent people who instead of receiving a tote bag for their donation would appreciate getting BitSeeds that they would be able to spend at participating merchants.

We came up with a great idea for merchants. As you all know CC companies take about 3% from every transaction online and if you accept Bitcoin you don't pay those fees. Well what we decided to do with BitSeeds, is take 1.25% from every transaction and put that amount in the merchants charity wallet. That wallet is restricted for 1 year. During this time the wallet is being vested (just like if your compnay pays out bonuses in stock). At the end of the 1 year the merchant can request to sell that amount in that wallet and that amount gets donated to a charity and that charity then writes a tax receipt for write off purposes to the merchant. (For example shoeking.com accepts BitSeeds, someone makes a purchase for $100, the merchant gets $98.75 and the remaining $1.25 stays as BitSeeds and gets transferred to shoeking.com charity wallet. At the end of the 1 year shoeking.com requests to sell the wallet. We sell the wallet and donate the amount, which should now be more then $1.25 because its been a year and we expect the price of the coin to go up with time. We donate the amount to a charity the merchant requests or one from our list of participating charities. The charity that received the amount lets say $2.50 worth (if the coin doubled in the year) would then write a tax receipt so shoeking.com could write off $2.50 for charity. Besides that the merchant would receive backlinks from us and RF and a badge that says they are a participating merchant helping the environment and our plant a billion initiative.

Our site was done in April and so was the new coin Bryce had envisioned. We finished our PR and started sending it out. Coindesk.com did the first writeup and that night (4/17/15) we launched. The next day is when we got the extreme hashrate and the coins difficulty settings didn't adjust the way they should of and so we had the issue that we were dealing with here.

About 2 weeks ago I asked Bryce if he knew anyone for social media. He answered the next day that he knew someone, but that didn't pan out. The following day Bryce was saying things that I won't mention, because it doesn't have to do with BitSeeds, but let's just say that that day is when I started looking for a new dev. My conversations with Bryce over the past 2 weeks were like speaking with a different person. Not the same jovial guy that has worked and helped on this project for the past 9 months. He has been rude and very belittling. I stopped feeling comfortable with him being the main dev and that is when I wrote that post that he is no longer associated with this project.

I have asked him multiple times over the past few weeks to provide me with the private keys needed for this project and he has not obliged. I now feel that he is holding this coin hostage. Whenever we find a new dev our plan is to have him write a new coin for us and reimburse all the wallets with new coins. With this new coin we'd be able to have mining again with difficulty settings that actually adjust when they're supposed to. Many of you have expressed positive posts because we have ended our relationship with Bryce, and we hope you understand why we believe we need a new coin not written by him. This project right now is in its infancy and these types of changes are better suited now then later. I have already spoken to a few devs that are all giving us their ideas on how to rebuild this coin.

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions, like I said before we will reward you with BitSeeds if we implement your ideas. Worth's instructional videos and our giveaways are ready to go and are just waiting on a new codebase to be launched. We appreciate your patience and support in this transition.

Thanks,
Gabe

Dirac

I am still not happy with the xdq code its got bugs and issues and Bryce cant be bothered to updated the code with even the simplest update *checkpoints

I will never work with Bryce again after the way he treated me he can apologize all he likes it does not change that he is a bully to work with and for an open source project there is nothing that will entice me to work with people like that including fake apologies, BTC or Fiat currency its not going to happen ever he burned his bridges with me and the other blake eco devs!

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
You're creating a de facto closed source ecosystem.

Nice job.  You're everything crypto was created to fight against.

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
I'll go and do it myself.  If I can't do it I'll pay someone to do it.

If I sound disappointed it is because I am.

BlueDragon747
26 May

to Bryce
I am not doing it for you

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
You're not doing it for anyone but yourself.

I'll take all the attention away from your ecosystem.  

It's that simple.

BlueDragon747
26 May

to Bryce
you are welcome to do as you wish

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
As are we all.

Good luck.

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
I've never allowed anyone to hold my coins hostage.

I'll be hard forking off of BLC as soon as possible.

You can remove Dirac if you wish, but then I'll tell the world it's because you want total control over a closed source system and refuse to allow coin devs to setup their own pools.

I wanted you to know what's coming because I felt I owed you at least that much.

I am sorry we could not work together, but I will not work with wannabe tyrants.

Sincerely,

all my code is on Github as it always was and others have setup pools both public and private and I have helped them but thats not same as doing it for them  Roll Eyes

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
Sorry if I made a mistake about the code not being open source.

Shocked

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
I'm trying to make money so we can all profit

I am simply disappointed and quite frankly if you don't wish to work with us anymore that's just fine.

I have a reputation to uphold for ethical behavior.

"us" is that meaning Blocktech because this at the time was from his Blocktech email Oops guess there is no "us" now  Tongue

Bryce Weiner
12 Jun

to me
Hahahaha... Get the fuck over yourself.  

I did you a courtesy.  If you want me to just say your networks are fucked up on Twitter I can do that.

THEN I'll setup my pools.  Tee hee hee.

I don't need to spend money wasting resources when I can waste yours... that is... until your network fucks up like it has.

Bryce Weiner
12 Jun

to me
See how that works?

getting me to do all the work on xdq and trying to force me to setup a merge pool for Bryce because he can't and won't do it himself is certainly not a courtesy imho

Bryce has a screwed up way of thinking about ethics go work with him yourself and dont take my word on it!

atm I am stuck with running the nodes for xdq and maintaining it on the merged pools and it sucks  Cry

taoron (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:22:03 PM

White Paper Week Day Two!

http://tao.network/Identityv1.1.pdf
bryceweiner

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:37:20 PM

I've also done work for SYS, MOJO, and I'm the lead developer of Unobtanium.

I've also released AmKoin, Petrodollar, GamerHolicCoin, and worked with a host of other developers.

I've consulted with major financial institutions, law enforcements (which lead to the arrest of Ryan Kennedy) and filed a patent for blockchain technology.  I'm a member of the Hyperledger project, as well.

I've never responded to any accusations, ever.  The reason being they are totally false and not worth my time, but if you're gonna post my work one should at least attempt to post everything.  As I've already stated, the works mentioned were partnerships where I was not in control of the project.  This time that does not apply.

I appreciate the ability to clear the air, once and for all.  Thank you. Smiley
Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:43:09 PM

I've also done work for SYS, MOJO, and I'm the lead developer of Unobtanium.

I've also released AmKoin, Petrodollar, GamerHolicCoin, and worked with a host of other developers.

I've consulted with major financial institutions, law enforcements (which lead to the arrest of Ryan Kennedy) and filed a patent for blockchain technology.  I'm a member of the Hyperledger project, as well.

I've never responded to any accusations, ever.  The reason being they are totally false and not worth my time, but if you're gonna post my work one should at least attempt to post everything.  As I've already stated, the works mentioned were partnerships where I was not in control of the project.  This time that does not apply.

I appreciate the ability to clear the air, once and for all.  Thank you. Smiley

Yeah ... No thanks.
Kingn56

Activity: 559
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:21:37 PM

jesus, another crowdsale

Labelling all crowd-sales bad is like labelling every human as a serial killer because a few have gone mad. It's foolish, but then again many members of this community are pretty immature and can not think logically.

As for the people hating on Bryce.... I have seen nothing but a Great Work ethic, Community Involvement and Love from him, how can you blame him if a project that hired him decided to cease to exist? He had no control over that, maybe you should have done more research into it before getting involved.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." MLK Jr.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 01:48:57 AM

wtf

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 05:15:26 AM

im pretty stoked about this.

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Suggestive Melon

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:17:37 PM

Bryce Weiner is a pig and deserves to be in prison, anyone dumb enough to give this guy their money deserves to lose everything.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:17:02 PM

General TAO chicken coin, AWESOME!!!  Shocked Cool Cheesy
I love some General Tso... Making me hungry... Maybe some cashew chicken... oops sorry getting off topic
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:21:18 PM

Does TOA rhyme with DAO??... Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eugenex

Activity: 605

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:49:13 AM

Does TOA rhyme with DAO??... Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAO is dead -> and too TAO -> what is Next *AO

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ricku

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:15:40 AM

This coin is already listed and traded at cex https://c-cex.com/?p=tao-btc so i wonder which crowdsale they are doing again.

metalron

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:48:22 AM

Hey guys,

Bought a small amount, it shows up on the ledger but not when i log in into the web wallet, is that normal?
Kingn56

Activity: 559
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 02:06:52 PM

Hey guys,

Bought a small amount, it shows up on the ledger but not when i log in into the web wallet, is that normal?

Yes, lol. the amount we get is based on the total amount raise. so 30M/Amount raised. We will receive are coins once the crowd sale is over. Just write or print you private keys down for safety and hold on tight. Wink
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 03:09:32 PM

https://twitter.com/ICOcountdown/status/762304079288791040

caramelisedbanknote

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 04:19:10 PM

Warning

many interesting links about Bryce Weiner i have found on bitcointalk. before you hand over your money to these guys it is good to know this

Shaun Chacon – Community Manager

Bryce Weiner – Architect

Angela Swenson – Legal Counsel

J. Vincent Zylinksi – Data Analysis

Dale "D-Wiz" Everingham – Advisor, Engineer in Residence

Rehan Basson – Advisor, Open Source Government

Eillot Hedman – Advisor, BitLand

The story of the Razor ("RZR") scam. Bryce Weiner and RazorTech

Here's the pastebin I wrote today about RZR:

http://pastebin.com/zwKZQhu4

First “Razortech” (an anonymous developer out of nowhere nobody knows about) created a coin called Razor (RZR), which was a complete copy of a scamcoin called Neutrino (a 100% premined  scam https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657607.0). Razortech just copied the idea (using Tor) and code of Neutrino, and made it without premine so that they could advertise the “No premine” shit to make the coin seem legit.
The coin tried to capitalise on the anonymity trend in shitcoins going on at the time (DRK, CRYPT, CLOAK and similar shitcoins), they knew the hype was gonna come. The coin had no premine, but the mining schedule was made so that there would be huge inflation (new coins mined) during the first weeks so that miners would profit big from noobs who would get exited about a new anon Tor coin (and bring the price to an unsustainable level right away).

Bryce Weiner (who worked at BlockTech at the time) saw the opportunity to get involved and hype a coin that would be highly profitable for miners (that's what he does, he creates new coins, he mines and dumps them “I make money out of thin air”  http://pastebin.com/VGyVPHN4)  so he started “working” and “developing” RZR along with RazorTech.

To hype a little more, Razortech said that a SMS gateway was in testing and coming shortly, and they said that they had a new solution that would anonymise transactions in the blockchain better than traditional coin mixing and that solution was in testing and ready to launch shortly too.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644498.msg7566115#msg7566115
These features were NEVER RELEASED (they were likely a lie).  

A decentralised market like Openbazaar (well basically a copy of Openbazaar...) using RZR named “RZRoad” was also promised.   

The coin started going apeshit on Twitter and Weiner was hyping it with all his strength. The inflation was ridiculous (250-300 BTCs a day) and some  were getting concerned and warned people (https://twitter.com/CryptoCobain/status/479939530733412352), but Weiner continued hyping (price was around 200k-300k satoshis at the time).

After a few days from RZR Bittrex listing, price crashed and pretty much continued crashing with some dead cat bounces here and there to eventually reach 5k satoshis (today's price).

Price continued bleeding with no real developments, no features, no new tech, no nothing.
Razortech and Weiner don't care, because their “MineHypeDump” mission was complete.

Now Razortech has gone missing, Devon Read (Blocktech CEO) said “we don't have plans to use Razor in anything”, and seems like Weiner will not develop the coin any further from here (https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner/status/529381868677128192).

Bryce Weiner is fired (“he quit for ethical reasons”, yeah right LMAO) from  Blocktech and he's probably gonna try to continue create new shitcoins while keeping the whole “MineHypeDump” scheme intact.

RZR was a con. A clusterfuck. A highly profitable (for early miners only though, dumping on noobs) cheap copy of a scamcoin that had 0 real developments since its launch.

Bryce Weiner is an incompetent developer who gets people screwed at best, an outright conman and scammer at worst.
Simply stay away from anything he touches as a developer.

BitSeeds

Here is how Bryce ended up working with us..

This project started in end of April 2014, when I came up with the concept. I approached Rainforest Fdtn (RF) about it on May 2nd. Our first call was over 3 hours long, because they had never even heard of Bitcoin. So for months we discussed and outlined the way this project would work.

I started looking for a dev in June, by attending Bitcoin meetups in NY. That is where I met Coin.co and pitched them on the idea which they loved and wanted to be a part of it also. I also met a dev there that was interested in the project and we started discussing details for about a month. He ended up not being what we were looking for so we parted ways, but around that time (end of July 2014), I met a dev by the name of Joseph who had gotten a job working at Blocktech.

Joseph introduced me to Devon Read the CEO of Blocktech on 8/8/14 through email. We started discussing the project and he seemed very enthusiastic and offered to have Blocktech build the coin for us.

We spoke for about a month on the coin specifics etc. The original coin specifics were VERY different. The premine was only supposed to be 12.5mil (1.25% of total coins), 5% interest PoS. RF was under a sell schedule that looked like.. at $1.50 they could sell 2% of their premine at $3 another 2% etc. If they went through their entire sell schedule they would yield around 1.5bil which was needed for the planting of the 1bil trees.

Devon Read introduced me to Bryce Weiner in the beginning of September 2014 and said that he'd be taking over the project. Bryce really understood the concept and our vision at first, and he was very excited to be a part of this. So it went that contracts were done up and we started to get to work.

From Sept to Dec we focused on logo, motto, colors, site plan, designs etc. Bryce assured me that the coin would not take longer than a few weeks to build and test, so whenever we were ready with everything he could have it done as soon as we needed it.

When we cycled back to Bryce in Dec he had already left Blocktech, but told me that they parted ways but were amicable and that he was still very interested in doing the coin. It wasnt until Jan/Feb that we became aware of Bryce's negative google results. But by this time we were all invested in the project and he assured us that what was written was not true about him. I have to say at this time Bryce was definitely helping in sculpting the idea of the coin and ways to get it out there. He never came off as malicious or evil as some people have pointed him out to be. We just chalked it up to people hating in the forums, because they lost money and Bryce was the only one that was "named" to those specific coins.

Around the same time (February) our front end dev had personal issues and had to leave the project. I searched for a new dev and found one (March) that is a friend of mine and has done front end dev work on some of my past projects. At this time Bryce came up with a new coin structure (the one we went with), and told us that these were much better coin features. He assured us that the 10% interest and the large premine would benefit RF because they would make BitSeeds that they can pass off to donors every year. Oh also the large premine was actually going to be given back to the community in the form of 1mil coins every year.

We came up with the concept of gifting BitSeeds to donors. This way we wouldn't have to sell BitSeeds into the market and lower the price for everyone else. The type of donors RF gets is usually very affluent people who instead of receiving a tote bag for their donation would appreciate getting BitSeeds that they would be able to spend at participating merchants.

We came up with a great idea for merchants. As you all know CC companies take about 3% from every transaction online and if you accept Bitcoin you don't pay those fees. Well what we decided to do with BitSeeds, is take 1.25% from every transaction and put that amount in the merchants charity wallet. That wallet is restricted for 1 year. During this time the wallet is being vested (just like if your compnay pays out bonuses in stock). At the end of the 1 year the merchant can request to sell that amount in that wallet and that amount gets donated to a charity and that charity then writes a tax receipt for write off purposes to the merchant. (For example shoeking.com accepts BitSeeds, someone makes a purchase for $100, the merchant gets $98.75 and the remaining $1.25 stays as BitSeeds and gets transferred to shoeking.com charity wallet. At the end of the 1 year shoeking.com requests to sell the wallet. We sell the wallet and donate the amount, which should now be more then $1.25 because its been a year and we expect the price of the coin to go up with time. We donate the amount to a charity the merchant requests or one from our list of participating charities. The charity that received the amount lets say $2.50 worth (if the coin doubled in the year) would then write a tax receipt so shoeking.com could write off $2.50 for charity. Besides that the merchant would receive backlinks from us and RF and a badge that says they are a participating merchant helping the environment and our plant a billion initiative.

Our site was done in April and so was the new coin Bryce had envisioned. We finished our PR and started sending it out. Coindesk.com did the first writeup and that night (4/17/15) we launched. The next day is when we got the extreme hashrate and the coins difficulty settings didn't adjust the way they should of and so we had the issue that we were dealing with here.

About 2 weeks ago I asked Bryce if he knew anyone for social media. He answered the next day that he knew someone, but that didn't pan out. The following day Bryce was saying things that I won't mention, because it doesn't have to do with BitSeeds, but let's just say that that day is when I started looking for a new dev. My conversations with Bryce over the past 2 weeks were like speaking with a different person. Not the same jovial guy that has worked and helped on this project for the past 9 months. He has been rude and very belittling. I stopped feeling comfortable with him being the main dev and that is when I wrote that post that he is no longer associated with this project.

I have asked him multiple times over the past few weeks to provide me with the private keys needed for this project and he has not obliged. I now feel that he is holding this coin hostage. Whenever we find a new dev our plan is to have him write a new coin for us and reimburse all the wallets with new coins. With this new coin we'd be able to have mining again with difficulty settings that actually adjust when they're supposed to. Many of you have expressed positive posts because we have ended our relationship with Bryce, and we hope you understand why we believe we need a new coin not written by him. This project right now is in its infancy and these types of changes are better suited now then later. I have already spoken to a few devs that are all giving us their ideas on how to rebuild this coin.

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions, like I said before we will reward you with BitSeeds if we implement your ideas. Worth's instructional videos and our giveaways are ready to go and are just waiting on a new codebase to be launched. We appreciate your patience and support in this transition.

Thanks,
Gabe

Dirac

I am still not happy with the xdq code its got bugs and issues and Bryce cant be bothered to updated the code with even the simplest update *checkpoints

I will never work with Bryce again after the way he treated me he can apologize all he likes it does not change that he is a bully to work with and for an open source project there is nothing that will entice me to work with people like that including fake apologies, BTC or Fiat currency its not going to happen ever he burned his bridges with me and the other blake eco devs!

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
You're creating a de facto closed source ecosystem.

Nice job.  You're everything crypto was created to fight against.

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
I'll go and do it myself.  If I can't do it I'll pay someone to do it.

If I sound disappointed it is because I am.

BlueDragon747
26 May

to Bryce
I am not doing it for you

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
You're not doing it for anyone but yourself.

I'll take all the attention away from your ecosystem.  

It's that simple.

BlueDragon747
26 May

to Bryce
you are welcome to do as you wish

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
As are we all.

Good luck.

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
I've never allowed anyone to hold my coins hostage.

I'll be hard forking off of BLC as soon as possible.

You can remove Dirac if you wish, but then I'll tell the world it's because you want total control over a closed source system and refuse to allow coin devs to setup their own pools.

I wanted you to know what's coming because I felt I owed you at least that much.

I am sorry we could not work together, but I will not work with wannabe tyrants.

Sincerely,

all my code is on Github as it always was and others have setup pools both public and private and I have helped them but thats not same as doing it for them  Roll Eyes

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
Sorry if I made a mistake about the code not being open source.

Shocked

Bryce Weiner
26 May

to me
I'm trying to make money so we can all profit

I am simply disappointed and quite frankly if you don't wish to work with us anymore that's just fine.

I have a reputation to uphold for ethical behavior.

"us" is that meaning Blocktech because this at the time was from his Blocktech email Oops guess there is no "us" now  Tongue

Bryce Weiner
12 Jun

to me
Hahahaha... Get the fuck over yourself.  

I did you a courtesy.  If you want me to just say your networks are fucked up on Twitter I can do that.

THEN I'll setup my pools.  Tee hee hee.

I don't need to spend money wasting resources when I can waste yours... that is... until your network fucks up like it has.

Bryce Weiner
12 Jun

to me
See how that works?

getting me to do all the work on xdq and trying to force me to setup a merge pool for Bryce because he can't and won't do it himself is certainly not a courtesy imho

Bryce has a screwed up way of thinking about ethics go work with him yourself and dont take my word on it!

atm I am stuck with running the nodes for xdq and maintaining it on the merged pools and it sucks  Cry

thank you for warning
pkoston

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 09:37:00 PM

Hey guys,

it's normal because bryce has already spent your ICO money on big mac's and supreme tacos. lots of them.

"and we are moving money and we are spending money on stuff!"

https://youtu.be/0dX18EZKiyk?t=37m18s

TAO is actually TACO. your bitcoins are redeemed for TACO's.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: