Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:04:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos.  (Read 147868 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ps_jb

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:06:38 AM

i haven't researched more about humidity but i think humidity or water in the air helps GPUs to transfer more heat to the air just like how water in the radiator helps transfer heat from the car engine to the radiator..

Man - you are going to the right direction. Next stop is cooling with hydrogen gas - best industrial coolant Smiley

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:53:02 AM

running mining rigs makes the air in my mining room drier than the rest of the house, the water i spilled on the floor evaporated quickly, it is quicker to dry clothes in my mining room compared in drying them outside, and a portion of the room becomes cooler when clothes are being dried. I defrost stake in more or less 5 mins  Cheesy ...those observations for me makes me think that swamp cooling here is feasible..i may enjoy the cooler climate now but i know what summer will bring to my mining room

i have no way of measuring humidity here but based from my observations above, a constant pump of water to the cooling pads or columns of towels(custom made   Grin ) and a fan would make a difference here.

i haven't researched more about humidity but i think humidity or water in the air helps GPUs to transfer more heat to the air just like how water in the radiator helps transfer heat from the car engine to the radiator..

Humidity level of the air as such has insignificant effect on heat transfer from a heatsink to air.

Your mining room "gets drier" because air can hold more moisture as it gets warmer, so the "relative humidity" drops even if the actual amount of moisture in the air per CC stays the same.

drying clothes acts as an impromptu evaporative cooler.

What area are you in?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

running mining rigs makes the air in my mining room drier than the rest of the house, the water i spilled on the floor evaporated quickly, it is quicker to dry clothes in my mining room compared in drying them outside, and a portion of the room becomes cooler when clothes are being dried. I defrost stake in more or less 5 mins  Cheesy ...those observations for me makes me think that swamp cooling here is feasible..i may enjoy the cooler climate now but i know what summer will bring to my mining room

i have no way of measuring humidity here but based from my observations above, a constant pump of water to the cooling pads or columns of towels(custom made   Grin ) and a fan would make a difference here.

Humidity level of the air as such has insignificant effect on heat transfer from a heatsink to air.

Your mining room "gets drier" because air can hold more moisture as it gets warmer, so the "relative humidity" drops even if the actual amount of moisture in the air per CC stays the same.

drying clothes acts as an impromptu evaporative cooler.

What area are you in?

i'm in south east asia.

Theres another factor..the water tank, i'm thinking at least 155 liters or more, the water that goes into the mining room and goes down to the dirty kitchen serves as a conduit of heat to the tank (warm water goes back to the tank in loop)...the water will serve as a heat sink too.

Maybe during hotter hours or days i can try to bypass the floater and let the cool tap water trickle, excess water will flow directly to the drain.
vg54dett

Activity: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:08:14 PM

According to current profitability, I guess most of you guys are now mining Eth (except for the rigs that need to get lower power consumption, where zec can still be interesting).
What pool do you use nowadays ?
Is ethermine still a good choice, with fair payouts ?
Many of use noticed their new zec pool, flypool, was not very fair ...
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:26:37 PM

According to current profitability, I guess most of you guys are now mining Eth (except for the rigs that need to get lower power consumption, where zec can still be interesting).

I will stick to ZEC for awhile more, since mining this power consumption and temps down.

While ETH with CDM 7.4 at ETH mining only - power consumption and temps too high for my comfort.

I am contemplating ZEC to XMR, and last resort back to ETH.

XMR mining with Claymore's Cryptonite miner behaves the same as ZEC, so will continue to enjoy the power savings and lower temps.

With all the speed in latest CZM v9... I am sure Claymore now can leverage what he learnt in ZEC and apply to XMR because both are memory intensive algos. With that.... looking forward to another roller coaster ride with XMR turbo fast and furious journey with Claymore. I hope he will continue to improve his XMR miner.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:31:36 PM

It depends for me...

I have a number of 2GB cards that cant mine Eth anymore so they are still on ZEC. I have some 7950's (3gb) and while they can mine ETH I get more profit from ZEC so thats where they are. The few rigs I have with 4GB cards are on ETH.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:35:50 AM

What area are you in?

i'm in south east asia.

I'm supprised it's dry enough where you're at for evaporative effects to be noticeable at all.

I'm mostly all-in on ETH now - my dual 280x rig is still ZEC 'cause it's a tossup either way, and the older HD7750/HD78x0 cards with 2GB or less are ZEC 'cause they can't mine ETH.

XMR is WAY far down on profitability on every comparison I'v ever done. THe only thing I have running XMR is my older XP-based gaming machines 'cause it's the only thing I CAN run on the GTX 750 Ti in that machine - but the pools I've tried seem to only like giving me about half of my hashrate no matter what I try, and the payout thresholds are crazy high.

Claymore v9 seems to be VERY iffy - everything I've tried it on is NOTHING BUT REJECTS when it runs at all, and quite a few other folks reporting it don't work well if at all.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:00:42 AM

What area are you in?

i'm in south east asia.

I'm supprised it's dry enough where you're at for evaporative effects to be noticeable at all.

I'm mostly all-in on ETH now - my dual 280x rig is still ZEC 'cause it's a tossup either way, and the older HD7750/HD78x0 cards with 2GB or less are ZEC 'cause they can't mine ETH.

XMR is WAY far down on profitability on every comparison I'v ever done. THe only thing I have running XMR is my older XP-based gaming machines 'cause it's the only thing I CAN run on the GTX 750 Ti in that machine - but the pools I've tried seem to only like giving me about half of my hashrate no matter what I try, and the payout thresholds are crazy high.

Claymore v9 seems to be VERY iffy - everything I've tried it on is NOTHING BUT REJECTS when it runs at all, and quite a few other folks reporting it don't work well if at all.

well not all countries are uniform in their respective climates, there are locations where there could be different temp, humidity etc..being near a forest, a river, the winds blows from the east, the altitude etc... Evap cooler fans are being sold here btw.

My rigs are stable at claymore v9, after the release of v9 i was able to mine with -i 8 and -i 7 but the miner experienced restarts after 24 hrs or less of mining (using -r 1)..so today i lowered it to -i 6 ......but that's only for my 280x rigs, the rest are fine
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:13:37 AM

What area are you in?

i'm in south east asia.

well not all countries are uniform in their respective climates, there are locations where there could be different temp, humidity etc..being near a forest, a river, the winds blows from the east, the altitude etc... Evap cooler fans are being sold here btw.

My rigs are stable at claymore v9, after the release of v9 i was able to mine with -i 8 and -i 7 but the miner experienced restarts after 24 hrs or less of mining (using -r 1)..so today i lowered it to -i 6 ......but that's only for my 280x rigs, the rest are fine

there is also this power spiking issue that Claymore needs to fix - I have reverted back to v8 for some rigs but most rigs are OK with i=5 and i=6

I will be posting some pix soon as soon as I get the blower re-positioned, etc.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:21:50 AM

What area are you in?

i'm in south east asia.

there is also this power spiking issue that Claymore needs to fix - I have reverted back to v8 for some rigs but most rigs are OK with i=5 and i=6

one of my 280x rig is not happy even with -i 6 ... i'm lowering clocks and returned to -i 8.. will share my results later.

my other rigs are fine even with -i 8 maybe because my PSUs have allowance in power draw even if i switch to scrypt mining (notorious for maxing out cards power draw).
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:23:19 AM

yup, i have read way to many posts about the problems with C9 so will be holding off on updating for now.  I suspect Claymore will be able to fix or at least mitigate the power spike issues that seem to be causing most of the problems. Doesn't seem worth that hassle and probable down-time for my small operation, so will see what happens in the next few days.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:33:29 AM

my other rigs are fine even with -i 8 maybe because my PSUs have allowance in power draw even if i switch to scrypt mining (notorious for maxing out cards power draw).

Arielbit.... you use your GPU to mine Scrypt?  Shocked

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 02:40:24 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 06:54:15 AM by arielbit

Arielbit.... you use your GPU to mine Scrypt?  Shocked

no, i'm only mentioning scrypt here because i like to point out that scrypt mining (as i experienced back in 2013-2014) is my standard in budgeting PSU power to GPUs today.

Even 480s are budgeted to me at 2x card per 750w..i know it uses less power than 280x's but it just made my psu more efficient..(if you look at the efficiency curve of a psu) anyway if claymore updates his miner for more power and more hash, my psu's are ready

update:

my 280x rig stabilized when i downclock my 390 in there to 1110 core from 1130 at -i 8, funny while my 4x 390 rig is fine at 1130 core -i 8 since v9 was launched...my other 280x rig is fine at -i 7
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:35:51 AM

Sorry for off topic but SOS to all gurus out there - I dont want to drive 30mins to the warehouse...

one of rigs R390 x 5, screen went black, after upgrading to Claymore's v9 ZEC miner.....

from my remote terminal at the warehouse I could VNC into it, network is alive not dead.... but screen is black!

Sending Ctrl-Alt_Del command via VNC is fruitless since screen is black and I cant see anything...

How do I issue an RPC command line to reboot the PC in the same network?

The only remote access app running on that PC is VNC.

Any ideas? maybe a netuse command

Wish I have the SRR installed ....

Yassarsian

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:36:11 AM

What area are you in?

i'm in south east asia.

I just reduce the voltage and frequency for the AMD R9 Nano. I run them at 920/400MHz instead of 1000/500W.

AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 05:08:03 PM

Claymore's Zcash Miner is Updated to v9.1:

- additional range checks in code for better stability.
- reduced devfee, it's 2% now (72sec instead of 90sec) if you use secure SSL/TLS connection, currently Flypool and Suprnova pools support encrypted connections, see Readme for samples.
- improved "-di detect" option: now after GPU order detection miner starts mining with the detected order.
- added ability to use environment variables in "epools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment varibale and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
rawbert

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:29:47 PM

Claymore's Zcash Miner is Updated to v9.1:

- additional range checks in code for better stability.
- reduced devfee, it's 2% now (72sec instead of 90sec) if you use secure SSL/TLS connection, currently Flypool and Suprnova pools support encrypted connections, see Readme for samples.
- improved "-di detect" option: now after GPU order detection miner starts mining with the detected order.
- added ability to use environment variables in "epools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment varibale and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt.

Make sure to use SSL/TLS in order to get the fee reduction!
- reduced devfee, it's 2% now (72sec instead of 90sec) if you use secure SSL/TLS connection

Ludwish

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 05:52:42 PM

With the 7990 cards and the 7950, I still mine the zcash. But they are very undervolated and under clocked.
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 07:08:23 PM

So, can i ask which pool most of you here are using for ZEC?  I have been on flypool since the start and the payouts are very quick and reliable. However, I am beginning to wonder about what seems like a pretty big hash-rate difference as reported on their dashboard vs what I see directly in Claymore.  My 2 rigs are currently showing 1,050 S/s consistently but my avg hash-rate at flypool is around 960. Not only that, but the range of reported rates is still all over the place on flypool. In the last 5 hours alone, it showed a high of 1130 and a low of 770... all this time both rigs were at full capacity.  I don't have a huge problem with the spikes as long as the average H/R is being recognized correctly, but it seems to be about 10% short.

Is this normal?  Wondering if I should try Dwarfpool or Suprnova as both seem to be getting some love in other threads I've read.
LoneRangir

Activity: 615

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 07:20:08 PM

So, can i ask which pool most of you here are using for ZEC?  I have been on flypool since the start and the payouts are very quick and reliable. However, I am beginning to wonder about what seems like a pretty big hash-rate difference as reported on their dashboard vs what I see directly in Claymore.  My 2 rigs are currently showing 1,050 S/s consistently but my avg hash-rate at flypool is around 960. Not only that, but the range of reported rates is still all over the place on flypool. In the last 5 hours alone, it showed a high of 1130 and a low of 770... all this time both rigs were at full capacity.  I don't have a huge problem with the spikes as long as the average H/R is being recognized correctly, but it seems to be about 10% short.

Is this normal?  Wondering if I should try Dwarfpool or Suprnova as both seem to be getting some love in other threads I've read.

I recently switched from flypool to suprvova, since I've seen reports ( probably here Smiley ), as a test. It will take a few days to see
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: