Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:20:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 06:01:47 PM

AMC has surpassed G.ASICMINER-PT on BitFunder in terms of BTC Volume for the past 24 hours.

AMC (฿358.49454076)
G.ASICMINER-PT (฿338.54703977)

That's awesome!

They say 100TH is the new ASICMINER, but it's actually AMC (100TH did about 3% of the last 24hr volume AMC has). 

And VMC is the new Bitfountain.   Cool

Ken, there are several mining companies looking to buy ASIC hardware.  They've been burned by BFL and/or Avalon and don't trust anyone now.

Are you going to approach them as potential VMC customers?  They have BTC saved up and are ready to buy when they find a trustworthy source with decent prices.

Yes, as soon as I get my shopping cart to work with bitcoins, I have already done this before, but the shopping cart is a new to me, so it is taking a little time.  Also, so semiconductor stuff in front of doing that.  I hope it will be today.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 06:02:58 PM

Would love to know if all those options were purchased or removed? Was going in for more!

Options on AMC?  Not mine.  Love options. Smiley)
ChronoX5

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:31:38 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 07:43:04 PM by ChronoX5

kslaughter > Could you tell us how many of the 40M shares issued have been sold ?

20 Million are for the growth and expansion fund and will collect dividends to buy more mining equipment from VMC or others.  This shares most likely will not be sold, check our description on bitfunder.com for details.

20 Million are "Early Adopter Shares" and the first 5 Million of those shares are being sold now.

3,036,23 remaining of the 5 Million shares of the first batch as of the writing.

I finally get it (I think)

Quick thread recap:

60,000,000 shares are owned by AMC and can be used for anything including salaries. They may not be sold and will not receive dividend payments until the other shares have received dividend payments of at least 0.0005 BTC/share.
20,000,000 shares will most likely be left untouched, so new equipment can be bought with the BTC received from the dividend payments.
18,000,000 shares may be sold as low as 0.0005 BTC/share and are released over time on Bitfunder. (IPO)
2,000,000 shares have been sold to investors on Bitfunder. (IPO)

The batches of 500,000 shares you can see on Bitfunder right now are for the most part owned by AMC and part of the remaining 18,000,000 IPO shares.

Mining Operations have not started yet. 6 Units from Avalon should arrive soon™ (two weeks) and the first real dividend will be payed after they are set up.

VMC will try to develop their own mining hardware and sell them at a reduced price to AMC later this year.

Edit: I forgot to add, there has been some controversy on how shares where released on Bitfunder and then pulled again to pump the price.

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
carnitastaco

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:37:00 PM

Yes, as soon as I get my shopping cart to work with bitcoins, I have already done this before, but the shopping cart is a new to me, so it is taking a little time.  Also, so semiconductor stuff in front of doing that.  I hope it will be today.

Hi Kslaughter, can you prove that "Kenneth E. Slaughter" exists?  I am extremely skeptical.
VMC-Gerald

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:51:22 PM

Hi Kslaughter, can you prove that "Kenneth E. Slaughter" exists?  I am extremely skeptical.
  I will verify his existence. He is my Uncle and my employer.

Gerald Slaughter Wink
ChronoX5

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:59:05 PM

Gerald Slaughter Wink

I'm pretty sure that this will not suffice since we can't verify your identity either. I think he's looking for something like an ID, a past business he worked at or at least a utility bill in his name. (mtgox inspired me for that one)

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:22:56 PM

Yes, as soon as I get my shopping cart to work with bitcoins, I have already done this before, but the shopping cart is a new to me, so it is taking a little time.  Also, so semiconductor stuff in front of doing that.  I hope it will be today.

Hi Kslaughter, can you prove that "Kenneth E. Slaughter" exists?  I am extremely skeptical.

Gerald Slaughter Wink

I'm pretty sure that this will not suffice since we can't verify your identity either. I think he's looking for something like an ID, a past business he worked at or at least a utility bill in his name. (mtgox inspired me for that one)
From my search, Virtual Mining Corporation is a registered company in Delaware.
You may search for it here:
https://delecorp.delaware.gov/tin/GINameSearch.jsp
They registered through an agent though...

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
carnitastaco

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:24:00 PM

Gerald Slaughter Wink

If hes a real person living in the US, there should be quite a few ways to verify his existence without sharing so much personal information that he puts himself at risk.  I specifically didn't ask for a particular method of proof because I thought his choice of how to "prove" his existence might actually be as revealing as whatever he posted...and indeed it was...good old Gerald! (you know, the nephew with 13 posts that Kslaughter's done business with for 30 years....)

Anyone still invested in this should be demanding proof that 6 avalons are really on the way...either by confirmation from bitsyncom or something like a blockchain transaction to a known avalon address from an address that kslaughter can sign from.

All the discussion about the IPO shadyness really missed the forest for the trees.
VMC-Gerald

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:54:38 PM

Yes, as soon as I get my shopping cart to work with bitcoins, I have already done this before, but the shopping cart is a new to me, so it is taking a little time.  Also, so semiconductor stuff in front of doing that.  I hope it will be today.

Hi Kslaughter, can you prove that "Kenneth E. Slaughter" exists?  I am extremely skeptical.

Gerald Slaughter Wink

If hes a real person living in the US, there should be quite a few ways to verify his existence without sharing so much personal information that he puts himself at risk.  I specifically didn't ask for a particular method of proof because I thought his choice of how to "prove" his existence might actually be as revealing as whatever he posted...and indeed it was...good old Gerald! (you know, the nephew with 13 posts that Kslaughter's done business with for 30 years....)

Anyone still invested in this should be demanding proof that 6 avalons are really on the way...either by confirmation from bitsyncom or something like a blockchain transaction to a known avalon address from an address that kslaughter can sign from.

All the discussion about the IPO shadyness really missed the forest for the trees.

[ VMC] Virtual Mining Corporation  is incorporated out of Delaware. You could search Delaware's public records for more info.

Ken has also posted the order confirmation from Avalon.

Also believe that his address is also revealed in the IPO information.

Not sure any additional information  will appease the skeptics.

ChronoX5

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:02:38 PM

That makes sense. There are two screenshots of the Avalon order viewable under the image tab here. A confirmation the way you described it would obviously be a lot more convincing.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 09:23:42 PM

Gerald Slaughter Wink

Did anyone around here meet Ken or Gerald at the Bitcoin 2013 conference?  I've yet to see a report of an encounter in the wild.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
hf

Activity: 98

there will be no fucking vegetables

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:27:14 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 09:40:48 PM by hf

Ok, did some research right now :
I found VMC here : https://delecorp.delaware.gov/tin/GINameSearch.jsp enter file number : 5324096

And if you whois virtualminingcorp.com , you'll find "Kenneth Slaughter" and the address of a house somewhere in Springfield, MO, which is consistant with all the press releases[1] starting with "SPRINGFIELD, MO"

[1] tab "news" on https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:19:54 PM

kslaughter > Could you tell us how many of the 40M shares issued have been sold ?

20 Million are for the growth and expansion fund and will collect dividends to buy more mining equipment from VMC or others.  This shares most likely will not be sold, check our description on bitfunder.com for details.

20 Million are "Early Adopter Shares" and the first 5 Million of those shares are being sold now.

3,036,23 remaining of the 5 Million shares of the first batch as of the writing.

I finally get it (I think)

Quick thread recap:

60,000,000 shares are owned by AMC and can be used for anything including salaries. They may not be sold and will not receive dividend payments until the other shares have received dividend payments of at least 0.0005 BTC/share.
20,000,000 shares will most likely be left untouched, so new equipment can be bought with the BTC received from the dividend payments.
18,000,000 shares may be sold as low as 0.0005 BTC/share and are released over time on Bitfunder. (IPO)
2,000,000 shares have been sold to investors on Bitfunder. (IPO)

The batches of 500,000 shares you can see on Bitfunder right now are for the most part owned by AMC and part of the remaining 18,000,000 IPO shares.

Mining Operations have not started yet. 6 Units from Avalon should arrive soon™ (two weeks) and the first real dividend will be payed after they are set up.

VMC will try to develop their own mining hardware and sell them at a reduced price to AMC later this year.

Edit: I forgot to add, there has been some controversy on how shares where released on Bitfunder and then pulled again to pump the price.

Thats how i broadly understand it Chrono. There's also a possible royalty payment, in the mix also.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:29:04 PM

Would love to know if all those options were purchased or removed? Was going in for more!

Options on AMC?  Not mine.  Love options. Smiley)

Options table has been active today Smiley  Would be good if Bitfunder displayed these trades Sad
rikur

Activity: 216

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:36:27 PM

I found VMC here : https://delecorp.delaware.gov/tin/GINameSearch.jsp enter file number : 5324096

And if you whois virtualminingcorp.com , you'll find "Kenneth Slaughter" and the address of a house somewhere in Springfield, MO, which is consistant with all the press releases[1] starting with "SPRINGFIELD, MO"

Paid the 20$, didn't really get much more information:
http://imgur.com/a/mFCyJ

I don't know what kind of shell companies these "The Company Corporation" are, but but they all point to the same address.. And there seems to be more of companies with the name "corporation" on them and pointing to the same address. They are old companies, which adds a bit of legitimacy, but still smells a bit fishy to me. If anyone wants to chip in, please do the detailed information request for the "The Company Corporation"s (there are two of them, all pointing to the same address). Or better yet, try calling the agent tomorrow during office hours.

They could also be just companies offering company registration services and there might be nothing wrong with it.

AMC: care to explain these similarly named (shell?) companies? Who owns what? Who owns the 1500 shares of VMC? Do you have anything to do with "The Company Corporation" or "Corporation Service Company" or "Corporation Financing Institute"?

Disclaimer: I sold all my shares, too many gaping questions for my taste.

EDIT:

http://corp.delaware.gov/uccauthsrch.shtml

"The Company Corporation" points to https://www.cscglobal.com/global/web/csc/delaware-ucc.html which seems legit.
rikur

Activity: 216

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 11:43:21 PM

AMC/VMC: You mention a decades old business you have. Could you name that please?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 11:53:00 PM

Paid the 20$, didn't really get much more information:
http://imgur.com/a/mFCyJ

I don't know what kind of shell companies these "The Company Corporation" are, but but they all point to the same address.. And there seems to be more of companies with the name "corporation" on them and pointing to the same address. They are old companies, which adds a bit of legitimacy, but still smells a bit fishy to me. If anyone wants to chip in, please do the detailed information request for the "The Company Corporation"s (there are two of them, all pointing to the same address). Or better yet, try calling the agent tomorrow during office hours.

They could also be just companies offering company registration services and there might be nothing wrong with it.

AMC: care to explain these similarly named (shell?) companies? Who owns what? Who owns the 1500 shares of VMC? Do you have anything to do with "The Company Corporation" or "Corporation Service Company" or "Corporation Financing Institute"?

Disclaimer: I sold all my shares, too many gaping questions for my taste.

EDIT:

http://corp.delaware.gov/uccauthsrch.shtml

"The Company Corporation" points to https://www.cscglobal.com/global/web/csc/delaware-ucc.html which seems legit.

The Company Corporation is a service for registering companies in Delaware and provides agent services in Delaware.  Delaware has the best case law for corporations and is very corporation friendly.  My LP owns the shares.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 11:58:34 PM

New image of Avalon's shopping cart with the 6 Avalon's and the chip order.

Also, image of the 10,000 chip order.

https://bitfunder.com/asset/AMC profile->images
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 12:00:06 AM

BTC4500 for two orders? What could that possibly be?
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 12:02:51 AM

BTC4500 for two orders? What could that possibly be?

It is $4,500 for 3 Avalon's.  When Avalon changed to BTC for the 3rd batch, they changed their shopping cart and all the $ turned to BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: