Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:24:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE RISE AND RISE OF MONERO  (Read 35376 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:11:37 PM

Explain to me how Monero is on the RISE and RISE..
From where to where ?

2016 was quite a successful year for Monero on many aspects.  this thread was made in middle of year so for this Blaze guy early half of year as success. Mostly because of Hydrogen Helix binaries that come out on first January 2016.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:04:36 PM

If ever crypto is to have a meaningful future, it will be with monero-like anonymity features that allow/help/... to escape the law

Ah ! Delusional comments always make me nostalgic for the great Blackcoin thread of 2014......

New currencies after blackcoin grows big enough will use much less energy over all. .....This is just progress, many will be upset but after a certain point the idea is out there and it won't be stoppable.

Blackcoin will anger a lot of people, even more so as we continue to grow larger and larger. It is because they don't see the bigger picture.

....Specially when they acknowledge that they're promoting a tech stock, not a store of value - like I've been saying all along  Cheesy

Until better anon tech comes along.
daveon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:47:24 PM

The law that says Murder in the USA is old so it's not relevant anymore ?
You understand how legal law works right ?

I posted it because the guy earlier was denying it and he STILL is right after i last posted.

Reporting old news ? The laws do not "expire"  Roll Eyes

The only law I follow is the law of physics. It never changes and it applies to everyone!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:23:53 PM

I posted it because the guy earlier was denying it and he STILL is right after i last posted.

The only law I follow is the law of physics. It never changes and it applies to everyone!

That is cute..

I seen in the news yesterday that our Police force was mounting a massive army at the US border..
Armored vehicles machines guns and all that.
Know what happened ?
Turns out a native indian was caught with 2 guns wired to the underside of his vehicle while crossing the border.
Know what he said ? He claimed he did not recognize our law.
And.. he was arrested promptly on his Indian reserve.

There is no getting through to you cocky big mouth little bitches here.
And i highly doubt even 1% of you have the fucking balls to back up your mouth to cops face to face.
I sure as hell do LOL
Last time i got stopped by a cop in town riding my mountain bike i threw it at him hahahha
I picked up over my head and threw it beside him then chewed him out swearing.
I don't take any fucking god damn shit from anyone ever under any circumstance.
I don't give a flyin' fuck who you are.
Point being is you little shits here will buckle like a wall made of oatmeal in a heart beat when the pigs boot your door in.

@FEBO
That was incredibly vague and weak.

And you Monero defenders are bobbing & weaving hard.
I have pretty much re-asked the same question over and over and STILL no one has the slightest answer.

What do you constitute this so called "Rise" ?
And Rise again ? From where to where ?

What has Monero accomplished and where is it going longer term ?

As an investard you SHOULD be asking that or you are a fucking retard /.

FUD first & ask questions later™
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:32:09 PM

What has Monero accomplished

It might be under-rated as a "pump & dump" coin actually. There seems to be something more sophisticated going on.

XMR traders are tracing out Florence Cathedral in a spontaneous expression of artistic liberation...

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 12:37:47 AM

It might be under-rated as a "pump & dump" coin actually. There seems to be something more sophisticated going on.

XMR traders are tracing out Florence Cathedral in a spontaneous expression of artistic liberation...

Good question.

Monero took a new technology (cryptonote), outlined why it can't achieve its stated purpose as implemented (bytecoin), mapped out a plan to fix those flaws and achieve its stated purpose (https://lab.getmonero.org/) and wrote 740,000 lines of code to get the job done, so not exactly FUDding and self-glossing yourself non-stop or arguing with most everyone that your pet economic theory is correct and the whole cryptoworld has got it backwards--despite having no discernable knowledge about cryptosystems or economics--but it's something.

Sorry fulfilling the goal of a digital cash system hasn't impressed such bellwethers of accomplishment and luminaries of the crypto-universe, but since everyone else is offering soda machines and Hype, technology and science will have to do to differentiate monero from the rest of the coinz. Maybe XMR can add memes or slavenodes or inverse-time transactional schemes to (such) wow and amaze the two brain cells you have when you two dashtards rub your collective asses together.

Morons.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 01:31:01 AM

Good question.

Monero took a new technology (cryptonote), outlined why it can't achieve its stated purpose as implemented (bytecoin), mapped out a plan to fix those flaws and achieve its stated purpose (https://lab.getmonero.org/) and wrote 740,000 lines of code to get the job done, so not exactly FUDding and self-glossing yourself non-stop or arguing with most everyone that your pet economic theory is correct and the whole cryptoworld has got it backwards--despite having no discernable knowledge about cryptosystems or economics--but it's something.

Sorry fulfilling the goal of a digital cash system hasn't impressed such bellwethers of accomplishment and luminaries of the crypto-universe, but since everyone else is offering soda machines and Hype, technology and science will have to do to differentiate monero from the rest of the coinz. Maybe XMR can add memes or slavenodes or inverse-time transactional schemes to (such) wow and amaze the two brain cells you have when you two dashtards rub your collective asses together.

Morons.

LMAO.  Very good rant.  9/10.

Toknormal is an especially luminous source of false light.

His accomplishment in the field of posting HUGE graphics containing NOTHING more than a picture of a ladder with a giant red arrow pointing to a picture of a shoe is a bellwether for the emerging world of postmodern surrealist crypto-art.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:35:36 AM

@toknormal
MIND = BLOWN  Cheesy

@generalizethis (Mr. Fungibility)
I think that was weak and vague.
Less insults and more FACTS would be good Wink

I don't like Spoetnik should not be your Monero selling point when you are presented with the opportunity.

I doubt i have much more to add here.. at this point i am repeating myself.
I also am getting a non stop stream of evasive replies.

You Cult shill's had your big chance to sell Morono to the crowd here and you failed.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:00:26 AM

If ever crypto is to have a meaningful future, it will be with monero-like anonymity features that allow/help/... to escape the law

Ah ! Delusional comments always make me nostalgic for the great Blackcoin thread of 2014......

New currencies after blackcoin grows big enough will use much less energy over all. .....This is just progress, many will be upset but after a certain point the idea is out there and it won't be stoppable.

Blackcoin will anger a lot of people, even more so as we continue to grow larger and larger. It is because they don't see the bigger picture.

....Specially when they acknowledge that they're promoting a tech stock, not a store of value - like I've been saying all along  Cheesy

Until better anon tech comes along.

There's no problem with a coin dying to be replaced by a technologically better one.  After all, the use of a coin is during its life time, when it is used as an intermediate good to promote economic exchange.  Of course, for that, at a certain point in time, it needs to store value, and it didn't store value at the outset, so the nasty effect of that is that some people will win some value for nothing (seigniorage) which is paid for by those that hold the coins when the coin dies (hyperinflation).  In other words, any monetary asset also goes with a nasty side-effect: the transmission of value from "losers" (at the end, when hyper inflation sets in) to the "winners" (the early adopters).  But this effect should be small compared to the total value displaced in commercial relations during the coin's maturity, in other words, the number of times a coin goes around when its value is stabilized, should ideally be a big number.

But you're wrong in considering that the coin is a "tech stock", unless it is not used as a currency (in which case, this is nothing else but a greater-fool game, that is only interested in the nasty value-tranfer effect from losers to winners I referred to).  I was referring to technology in the sense of weaponry.  If it turns out that better, more efficient weapons against the state's sticky fingers are invented, and if for some reason, the currently used weapon has serious limitations or higher risks in using, then it is normal to switch to the better tech, no ?
I would think that technologically, you have dash which is better tech than bitcoin, and monero which is better tech than dash ; the jury is still out on zcash: zcash contains *in principle* better tech, but for the moment, the way it is put to work is much, much worse than monero (optional anon, which is a no-go ; trusted setup badly put in place ....).  I'm not talking about any economical fraud such as premining or the like.  I'm talking purely about the tech.
dinofelis

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:08:41 AM

That is cute..

I seen in the news yesterday that our Police force was mounting a massive army at the US border..
Armored vehicles machines guns and all that.
Know what happened ?
Turns out a native indian was caught with 2 guns wired to the underside of his vehicle while crossing the border.
Know what he said ? He claimed he did not recognize our law.
And.. he was arrested promptly on his Indian reserve.

Well, there are a few points to be made.  If you want to fight a powerful enemy, you run of course the risk to get hurt (in this case, being put in a cage).  That goes with it.  But the fact that you can get hurt is not always a sufficient reason not to go to war.

So that Indian was right.  He didn't recognize those laws.  Of course, he got hurt, and he lost his battle, but that's no reason not to fight it.  If you're afraid to lose the battle, you shouldn't go to war, and become a slave.  You can also refuse to be a slave and fight.  Of course, chances are you will lose, but there's nothing wrong with that.  That's the name of the game.  The fact that your enemy wins, doesn't mean that you should comply.  But of course in doing so, you take a risk.

My second point, though, is, if you thing you should surrender before even fighting, why on earth are you considering crypto currencies, and why don't you fully comply with fiat ?
dinofelis

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 06:11:08 AM

I doubt i have much more to add here.. at this point i am repeating myself.

You never repeated why you are interested in crypto in the first place, and why on earth you would think it has something to offer over fiat, if the idea is to fully comply to the laws.

Because if crypto is fully complying to the laws, I don't see what advantages it can bring over fiat.  In fact, I can only see problems.  Fiat is much better than crypto if you're fully complying, no ?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 07:18:40 AM

This topic is not about why Spoetnik is "interested" in Crypto.. which i have explained around here endlessly then been bitched at for explaining it.
I see why you are digging and it's not going to bear fruit (you are wasting your time)

I came here because of an interest in crypto currencies in general.
Then i seen money could be made which is fine.. it comes with the territory as you just explained Dino Wink
Point being is that i was 100% anti-laws & regulations with crypto like everyone else.
I had not given it enough thought or had the chance to have experience shape that opinion yet.
In time i figured it's inevitable there needs to be a compromise for it to function (it being any widely adopted and used digital currency)

What i find offensive is shill's here painting a deceitful picture to the public.

Do you all have any bloody god damn clue how frustratingly insulting it is to tell ALL of the Monero idiots what fluffypony said when his dice site got hacked while they sit there and attack you personally and deny it like a horse refusing to drink water ?
..only for them to copy my words when it suits them.
Roll Eyes

Or have them neg me over the Moenro French Police Fraud (he's not an employee) mysterious apology topic ?

I have already posted many times before how they say one thing then the compete opposite later then seem to forget or pretend to forget.
I have already said it's because they spew so much bullshit here they can't even remember what they have said in the past.
A huge massive red-flag of a liar !

This topic means what ?
All of you know damn well it's not about the failed Jaxx wallet or dice site hack.. or... it's about coin price.
Which means it does not even belong here.. so why is it here ? And which puppet-account posted it ?

They super bumped that other 900 page topic here 24/7 called "Monero Speculation" and i asked mod's for a year or two why it was allowed to be here when they were clearly keyword spamming with the title making sure it stays on page one (almost always at the top of the page) year after year.
Eventually i was stunned they finally moved it.. especially when they often did not even use it as "speculation" but simply as MSN chat for Monero shill's.

This topic ?
It's not about laws yes or no now is it ?
Is it about Spoetnik? nope.. wrong again LOL

It's about shill's painting a picture and bending the god damn rules here every fucking step of the way while playing dumb and attacking people personally.
Classy shit huh guys.

Look at Mr Fungibility who claims he has me on ignore (when it suits him)
Yesterday he changed the name of his topic to "_" with out the quotes LOL
Then moved it to off-topic.
Why ? because the last comments i made on it buried his ass again.. on the topic HE MADE !
ON ME hahahahaha  Cheesy
"The three types of Spoetnik posts"
Why did he create that and why did the same cult guys neg me ruining my rating with lying ?
Heard of Monero ?

I think you can all tell these Monero guys have no integrity, class or credibility.
I literally could write a book (the size of a phone book) Note: Millennial kids it's what old people use to have to get phone numbers.
..on all their years worth of bullshit shenanigans.

Proof ? It's on the forum ..use the search button LOL

Rise ?
Well let me say i don't think the price of the coin has any significant meaning at all.
It's meaningless fake metric of success.

So what did they say a couple comments ago ?
They wrote lines of code ? uhhh what ? hahahhaha
That is "the rise" ?

Bobbing & weaving.. Monero has accomplished nothing what so ever and i don't even get how it's sitting at $13 a coin.
I would understand it if it seemed like it had a real potential to get some major adoption world wide.
And when the recent news had a headline saying the FBI is looking into Monero.. uhhh ?

All they do is sell innovashunz to investards... with one day.
Guess what ? ..the world at large does not LIKE Dark Market bullshit.
That has historically been a massive barrier to Bitcoin adoption.
Know how i figured that out ? People on the street told me to my face !
THEN.. i fucking Googled it and seen the web saying the same.

So bragging about DM adoption here a little while back ?
Yeah and then the subsequent FBI News message.. which is your last warning idiots. LOL

The shill's know better.
They know there is no chance in hell at getting major adoption because of the fact it is an ANON coin.

But they will keep cawing like crows about it's rise & rise of course.
Skipping over the part where they actually accomplished anything at all in the last 3 years and how they plan to conquer the world "one day"

It's the equivalent of a campaign quote i seen in a magazine by Trump while waiting in a doctors office..
When asked how he plans to get his campaign PROMISES completed the POLITICIAN said and i quote..
Trust me, we will get it done
Do i need to point out how that is insane ?
Does that REALLY NEED to be said ?

His deporting illegals campaign agenda was addressed by Hillary publicly..
She said she looked at the matter and realized the logistics of it would be staggering.. nearly impossible.
She went into DETAILS about all the various problems it would pose and how difficult it would be to do technically.
And she knows because slept in the fucking white house LOL
What does Drumpf know ? How to run his mouth on his Reality TV show ? (which i am a fan of by the way)

Trumps cool & all, but i just don't feel it was appropriate hiring him for the job with no experience or a realistic detailed plan.

SO...

What is Monero's plan ?

And that Dino is WHAT i have been asking here over and over.  Cool

PS:
"Real House Wives of the White House" airs on FOX on March 24th 2017.
Congratulations on your excellent win American the world is proud of you.

Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 10:47:20 AM

Monero is only useful if you're buying something illegal but I'm doubt if it can ever get more attention. Anonymous coins has very small niche for adoption Monero has no marketing plan and it is only associated with criminals. It also doesn't help to spread a word about XMR. Having this said, how can you expect ordinary Joe to use this currency, for example, buying a cup of coffe? Why he needs it? In my opinion, Monero should continue to do what it is doing but I do not expect the rise of adoption or price. 

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:09:03 AM

What is the goal ? DM usage ? Typical consumer adoption ? Bank usage ? What ?
Realistically i can not see much past DM usage.. and can we consider that a success ?

Success will drag profit along with it.
You get one then then other.
i don't care about coin prices.
What i care about is success.

What has Monero risen from ? Best i can tell ..market price.
Based on what ? 3% Dark market usage ?

I have said before if you all believe in the project then by all means go nuts.. invest away.
I just don't see how Monero is going anywhere or any other combative anon styled coin.
If Monero is going to be a problem they know who all the Monero guys are and will be at their doors instantly.

Think of this people..
Trump is blocking Muslims on the idea that they are a *potential* terrorism threat.
Anon coins are not a "potential" threat.. they ARE a threat !

So the way i see it is you are investing in a future fight.
Who says Monero is going to win ?
They can only survive by staying low key flying under the radar as a niche coin.
Think about it people.. don't be blinded by rhetoric and idealism and false hope.

dinofelis

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:57:04 PM

This topic is not about why Spoetnik is "interested" in Crypto.. which i have explained around here endlessly then been bitched at for explaining it.

Well, point me then to one of your explanations, because I never saw one.  I only saw that each time I asked you, you told me that you weren't going to answer "because you already did so in the past".

My point is that a fully law-abiding crypto has no use over fiat.  So I think that someone who is at the same time claiming that crypto should be fully law-abiding, should not be into crypto, or is making some logical mistake, or is simply in it for the greater-fool game, at which point I think that wanting to attract people into a Ponzi scheme is a dishonest (but potentially lucrative) thing to do.

dinofelis

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:58:20 PM

Monero is only useful if you're buying something illegal but I'm doubt if it can ever get more attention. Anonymous coins has very small niche for adoption Monero has no marketing plan and it is only associated with criminals. It also doesn't help to spread a word about XMR. Having this said, how can you expect ordinary Joe to use this currency, for example, buying a cup of coffe? Why he needs it? In my opinion, Monero should continue to do what it is doing but I do not expect the rise of adoption or price.  

Why should ordinary Joe use anything else but fiat to buy a cup of coffee ?  It is faster, easier, more legally "protected", there's no crypto hassle, no peer-to-peer hassle, no miners, just your trusted bank which is trusted because it is part of the government/establishment.

There's nothing that can compete with fiat if it is to be totally law abiding, is there ?
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:20:32 PM

No there is not.
And even if there was such a thing, goverments wouldn't allow it and just remove people that brought it in from exsistence  Tongue
dinofelis

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:49:03 PM

No there is not.
And even if there was such a thing, goverments wouldn't allow it and just remove people that brought it in from exsistence  Tongue

That's exactly my point.  People aiming for "law abiding crypto" are deluded.  In as much as crypto will be law abiding, it will be entirely centralized by government (by compulsory key escrow or whatever so that it is theirs whenever they want to, like on Cyprus) and just a wasteful, clumsy form of fiat.  And all the rest will end up being outlawed in any case.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

What do you constitute this so called "Rise" ?
And Rise again ? From where to where ?

What has Monero accomplished and where is it going longer term ?

It depends what aspect you are interested in. I hope you can check price how it moved from January till August or when this tread started. I think OP thought just general awareness or maybe just price.  That is my suspicion, you could PM him and ask what about Monero surprised him that much to use this Tittle.

Monero is just on beginning of its path so had not accomplished almost nothing. It is just there for everyone to test and use it. I have no really vision what will be with Monero long term.  It is an experiment.  I do believe a successful.
dinofelis

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:53:46 PM

What is the goal ? DM usage ?

What other usage is there for crypto ?  DM taken in the broader sense of "economic liberty" of course, because that's what DM are: free exchange without govs stealing (taxes), without govs imposing their buddy's certifications, without govs imposing their forms of protectionism, without govs imposing who may trade what with whom against what tariffs, ....

If the economic act you want to do with crypto is fully legal, why not do it with fiat ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: