Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:11:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE RISE AND RISE OF MONERO  (Read 35376 times)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:02:12 PM

I always thought Boolberry was far superior to Monero but paid trolls and whale backers run these markets, not tech unfortunately.

You realize that guy in your avatar got hacked to death with machetes and axes?

He should have bought stealthy Monero.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 06:12:10 PM

Fibonacci levels used properly can work for Monero. Price declined to 50% level and tried to advance past 38.2% ran into a brick wall, heading back down to 50%. I think .0063 or 50% Fibonacci retracement has been shown to be important to Monero traders.

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:57:01 PM

I always thought Boolberry was far superior to Monero but paid trolls and whale backers run these markets, not tech unfortunately.

This is how I honor his memory  Smiley
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:02:45 PM

Fibonacci levels used properly can work for Monero. Price declined to 50% level and tried to advance past 38.2% ran into a brick wall, heading back down to 50%. I think .0063 or 50% Fibonacci retracement has been shown to be important to Monero traders.

I think your  starting point is too low.  We already bounced off the 50% fib

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 07:47:26 PM

I think your  starting point is too low.  We already bounced off the 50% fib

.0063 is also confirmed as a significant support using PnF charts. I consider that the Monero bull run started when traders became aware that the SIGAINT email service had started a public Monero node on Tor. You can also tell from inspecting the charts that accumulation began about two months before the public announcement. That could be a fluke or possibly those in the know were stocking up on cheap Monero. rpietila considers the retracement bottom to be between .0042 and .0052.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:58:04 PM

Fibonacci has never and probably will never work on XMR market, use it and lose. You have been warned.

I used Fibonacci and Bollinger Bands. It seems helping much in XMR trading. In any trading with high volume and liquidity, Fibonacci combination to other technical indicatiors are very useful

Yeah, have fun with that.

LOL, can you link it for me.

I think your  starting point is too low.  We already bounced off the 50% fib

.0063 is also confirmed as a significant support using PnF charts. I consider that the Monero bull run started when traders became aware that the SIGAINT email service had started a public Monero node on Tor. You can also tell from inspecting the charts that accumulation began about two months before the public announcement. That could be a fluke or possibly those in the know were stocking up on cheap Monero.  

do you really think the whales that are fully capable;le and do manipulate this little pond of a market don't react to people using the tools your touting? DUH it plays into their hand. Why not just post right before your gonna buy, oh wait you are by following incorrect tools.

whatever you guys have been warned remember that when your ass is burned.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:03:09 PM

whatever you guys have been warned remember that when your ass is burned.

Alpha Bay wrote this on reddit

"We expect this to cause a spike in the price, so if you are an investor, now is the time to purchase Monero."

This is an obvious clue this thing is going to be manipulated either way, no doubt the two dark markets colluded together and bought up a bunch of Monero beforehand.

Hell for all we know they make their fortune off longing and shorting XMR and out of nowhere shutter both markets, why keep running the risk of running a huge underground narcotic operation when you can make a fortune off the crypto markets and retire easily?

I got my popcorn ready  Cheesy
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 08:47:43 PM

"We expect this to cause a spike in the price, so if you are an investor, now is the time to purchase Monero."

This is an obvious clue this thing is going to be manipulated either way, no doubt the two dark markets colluded together and bought up a bunch of Monero beforehand.

Definitely.  Why do you think it was ramping since May?  The rule is to buy the rumor, and sell the news.  But eventually the fundamentals will dominate.  If XMR denominates 10% of the AlphaBay transactions in December, the price should be at least $25 by New Year's Day.

LiskKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:03:50 AM

FLUFFYPONY THE LEGENDARY (NEW VIDEO) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVlQE-ObEXk
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:15:57 AM

Definitely.  Why do you think it was ramping since May?  The rule is to buy the rumor, and sell the news.  But eventually the fundamentals will dominate.  If XMR denominates 10% of the AlphaBay transactions in December, the price should be at least $25 by New Year's Day.

How did you come to that conclusion that 10% implies $25?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

LiskKing

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:24:39 AM

Flufflyponies he say in video "Bitcoin is not fungible"  Shocked - Roger Ver is thinking good. Money must be fungible
kanyesbest

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:32:59 AM

Would like to know this as well
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:11:17 AM

can you link it for me.

I consider it unfunny, but here you go:  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36804209

Correction:  "stones and a sharp weapon"

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:41:22 AM

can you link it for me.

I consider it unfunny, but here you go:  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36804209

Correction:  "stones and a sharp weapon"

Thx, never heard of the guy and I have Avy's disabled. even if I enabled them though I would not have found that article. Weird man, wearing all gold in a third world country. Big surprise what happened. He'd be in alot of danger in most 1st world cities.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:27:54 AM

Frankly, it's a SWAG.  Give it no weight because I haven't done the math yet.  In fact, I haven't even built a proper parametric model to calibrate with data yet.  Not that it's hard.  It's not.  Go for it.  I am sure you can provide a more principled number, more worthy of contemplation. Of course it will be subject to endless debate regarding parameters, at least.  These forums are excellent sources of criticism and refinement, if you can disregard the noise, because people here care about the subject.

My hand-wavy reasoning is that AB does at least as much traffic as SR.  Incremental QToM value derives from that traffic.  SR supported roughly $100 BTC.  (BTC and XMR float are close enough to disregard at this level of granularity.) Thus, 10% of AB should support about $12 in incremental value.  The baseline to which that adds is the value before AB traffic (31 Aug), which I estimate at $8, for a total of $20.  The additional $5 comes from a seat-of-the-pants adjustment for increased speculative interest in the 2016 environment, as compared to the 2013 environment.  I think it is a very conservative estimate of the correct multiplier.

LiskKing

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:34:49 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 04:06:24 AM by LiskKing

Frankly, it's a SWAG.  Give it no weight because I haven't done the math yet.  In fact, I haven't even built a proper parametric model to calibrate with data yet.  Not that it's hard.  It's not.  Go for it.  I am sure you can provide a more principled number, more worthy of contemplation. Of course it will be subject to endless debate regarding parameters, at least.  These forums are excellent sources of criticism and refinement, if you can disregard the noise, because people here care about the subject.

My hand-wavy reasoning is that AB does at least as much traffic as SR.  Incremental QToM value derives from that traffic.  SR supported roughly $100 BTC.  (BTC and XMR float are close enough to disregard at this level of granularity.) Thus, 10% of AB should support about $12 in incremental value.  The baseline to which that adds is the value before AB traffic (31 Aug), which I estimate at $8, for a total of $20.  The additional $5 comes from a seat-of-the-pants adjustment for increased speculative interest in the 2016 environment, as compared to the 2013 environment.  I think it is a very conservative estimate of the correct multiplier.

XMR China News: http://tech.qianlong.com/2016/0825/868402.shtml
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-analysis/us-shell-companies-aid-crime-groups-in-latin-america-and-beyond
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/report-highlights-importance-of-trade-based-money-laundering-2
http://www.insightcrime.org/news-briefs/sinaloa-cartel-laundered-money-in-colombia-using-textiles-report

mainstream media - cnn,cnbc have not mention Monero yet. If this happen, then what to price?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 08:48:35 AM

Maybe he accumulate when the price was 0.003, now he has tripled the btc worth of holding.  Shocked Shocked

Maybe it was even earlier.  Wink

You can thank Bitcoin Core for crippling Bitcoin's ability to scale for motivating me to take a look at alt coins.

Felons moving to Monero Mountain?

Well, there goes the neighborhood.   Angry

It was nice while it lasted.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 03:01:39 AM

So what is next for Monero? Will more 3rd party developers take an interest in it? It needs more 3rd party apps and programs to make it easier for interested users. It needs a better light wallet than the one it has now and also a better web wallet. I know that the ones available or ok but if it intends to be like bitcoin it needs better software available to use.

Is it possible to make a Multibit wallet for XMR? How much would it cost for someone to commission the creation of it?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Deepcleen

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 09:42:33 AM

So what is next for Monero? Will more 3rd party developers take an interest in it? It needs more 3rd party apps and programs to make it easier for interested users. It needs a better light wallet than the one it has now and also a better web wallet. I know that the ones available or ok but if it intends to be like bitcoin it needs better software available to use.

Is it possible to make a Multibit wallet for XMR? How much would it cost for someone to commission the creation of it?

I think it will just follow the steps of the bitcoin. More infrastructre build will happen for the monero in the next few years for it to be widely used.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2016, 04:53:50 PM

Since KeepKey bought Multibit the person to talk to is Darin Stanchfield on /r/keepkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: