Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:48:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE RISE AND RISE OF MONERO  (Read 35376 times)
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:42:47 AM

PS:
@Dino
..i traded toys with other kids when i was younger.
Does that make them a currency ? Wink

If your goal was to obtain them to trade them for other toys, and not because you wanted to play with them, yes, of course.  That's exactly what a currency is: the intermediate good you only acquire (against goods and services you provide) with the aim of trading them later against goods and services you want to obtain from others, and with the belief that they will accept that intermediate good for exactly the same reasons.

You don't need to be many for that.  You only need to have a (small or big) circle of mutual believers.  The minimum is 2.

I accept a promise from you to do stuff for you if I think that you will accept that promise later against stuff you will do for me.  That promise is then our currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
farzan

Activity: 3
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:14:20 AM

it will be probably going down further, wont it /
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:47:10 PM

PS:
@Dino

If your goal was to obtain them to trade them for other toys, and not because you wanted to play with them, yes, of course.  That's exactly what a currency is: the intermediate good you only acquire (against goods and services you provide) with the aim of trading them later against goods and services you want to obtain from others, and with the belief that they will accept that intermediate good for exactly the same reasons.

You don't need to be many for that.  You only need to have a (small or big) circle of mutual believers.  The minimum is 2.

I accept a promise from you to do stuff for you if I think that you will accept that promise later against stuff you will do for me.  That promise is then our currency.

You really don't want to talk about Monero do you ? LOL
You left out the consensus part in the quote too.
And the context.. this forum and more specifically Monero and this very topic.

We're sure spinnin' our wheels here accomplishing nothing (like Monero)

Monero the Bitcointalk Anon Coin.
Where adoption is a low priority matter.. what matters is hangin' out here chanting "Success"
If you all say it then it will magically become true huh guys ?
But but Monero is better !
Why ? Because it's not as scammy as half the other coins here ?
A low bar guys LOL

I realized long ago around Crypto there are honest people and bullshitters.
Two groups.
The type that would FUD their own coin and the rest of you.
Get it ?
It's about making sure that people see you with your best foot forward at all times and sweeping away any negativity.

If i bring up a criticism about Monero or any coin what i will get is bullshit.
The shill's will go into attack mode and slander me and maybe even send me MORE death threats.
..or countless lawsuit threats or cry Troll / FUD then accuse me of Lying.. neg me and then claim i am a Troll to be ignored.
and on and on and on and on..

Which is pointless because half the world coming here can see what i see.
I don't have magic crypto glasses that makes me see all the secrets.
I see what is in plain fucking sight here people.
Keep it up ..it's working well.
All of Earth is clamoring to buy Monero Dark Market Anon coins at Polo guys.

All i am seeing is manipulated markets and bullshit peddlers.
How can ETH have a billion dollar cap and rose to $20 a coin ?
Same with Monero and many others.. whale manipulation.
The fact is we don't get enough new users to keep increasing coin prices yet they go up anyway.
Coin prices shoot up like crazy while new user levels are on the decline.

All these coins are artificially inflated and there for a facade.
The best Monero could be perceived as Rising and rising again is if there were lots of users running to buy them.
Or whales like Risto and / or friends etc pumping them up at their buddies exchange.

If it is mostly whale manipulation then we can't claim the users deem it a success can we ?
And since all coins get dumped on 24/7 there has to be either A) a never ending increasing amount of new users.
Or b) whales putting up walls making sure the price don't tank.

Monero is Risto's house of cards.
It was his money that fueled it and kept it afloat all this time.

Yet the Monero shill's claim he has no part of Monero at all.
and pull their foot back when it's brought up.

All i can say is the massive effort to sweep so much under the rug is only going to backfire on Monero shill's hard sooner or later.
I guarantee there is TONS of info yet to come out still.

I want no part of any aspect of Monero.
The people that surround it are awful and the coin itself is a heap of gimmicky bullshit.
I have seen warning signs for years like i did with Cryptsy or GOX etc.
I trust my instincts not childish whiny baby bag-holder brat shill's crying FUD here.

You all do what you want Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
dinofelis

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:52:12 PM

PS:
@Dino

If your goal was to obtain them to trade them for other toys, and not because you wanted to play with them, yes, of course.  That's exactly what a currency is: the intermediate good you only acquire (against goods and services you provide) with the aim of trading them later against goods and services you want to obtain from others, and with the belief that they will accept that intermediate good for exactly the same reasons.

You don't need to be many for that.  You only need to have a (small or big) circle of mutual believers.  The minimum is 2.

I accept a promise from you to do stuff for you if I think that you will accept that promise later against stuff you will do for me.  That promise is then our currency.

You really don't want to talk about Monero do you ? LOL

I do like monero, because it has what bitcoin is dangerously missing without the hassle that a few others playing on that topic, have: DASH is building a "state" while the whole thing of crypto is to do away with that, and is missing the right technology ; ZCASH has better technology in principle, but put it amazingly badly at work.  There are a few good anon alternatives, but for the moment, they are too small and I don't see what they bring in.  There are several other technical aspects of monero which I like (but could be improved, but they are already way way better than old bitcoin's problems), which is tail emission (no silly "sound money doctrine" bullshit) and block size flexibility.
The market cap is more than big enough now - I even don't like the fact that the price is so high now.  A few $ would have been perfect.  If it is too low, you cannot use it any more for serious deals ; if it is too big, to many gamblers are attracted to  it (this is already the case since last summer).

The actual price of a coin doesn't really matter : it simply shouldn't fluctuate too much, so that it keeps more or less its value between the moment of acquiring it (when you sell goods and services) and the moment you spend it (when you buy goods and services with it).  This is also why I'm rather indifferent to "whales" and other aspects.  The idea is not to use these things as a savings account, isn't it.  The use is to be able to do business, and sell and buy stuff, right ?  As long as the price of the thing isn't too volatile between the moment of obtaining it and the moment of spending it, the actual price level doesn't matter, does it.

So for the moment, my preference concerning anon coin (the only that matter as I explained) is monero, but that doesn't need to remain so.  
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:05:48 PM

I would like to add something.  When I say that crypto has no meaning inside the law, I do not mean that crypto's goal or sense is exclusively in "criminal affairs".   I say this because the law is a power tool of the (deep) state, and the state's nature is extortion.  As such, the law is a tool for extortion.  Now, the basis of state extortion is to extort on every economic interaction.   They haven't succeeded in extorting individual pleasure yet, but every economic interaction is subject to extortion, which is the basis principle of the (deep) state, who lives off what it takes away from its people.  The "blood" that makes economic interaction on any significant scale possible, is money.  A state who doesn't control the money flows, loses a significant part of its ability to extort.  As such, this is something that a (deep) state cannot allow, and will have to use its laws to control it.  The only money that can be legal, is money of which the (deep) state controls the flows.  So in as much as crypto can be law abiding, it must be controlled by the (deep) state.  At any moment, the state must be able to cut its flows, to confiscate it, to re-direct its flows.  But then it is meaningless as a crypto.

Actually they have, Where I grew up there were bars on most corners and it was great fun to bounce around them all night but the Politicians decided by forcing those bars to pay for cops at each door they would indeed be taxing our pleasure by proxy. The end result was over 50% of family owned bars all went out of business by not being able to pay the extortion fee.

PS:
@Dino

If your goal was to obtain them to trade them for other toys, and not because you wanted to play with them, yes, of course.  That's exactly what a currency is: the intermediate good you only acquire (against goods and services you provide) with the aim of trading them later against goods and services you want to obtain from others, and with the belief that they will accept that intermediate good for exactly the same reasons.

You don't need to be many for that.  You only need to have a (small or big) circle of mutual believers.  The minimum is 2.

I accept a promise from you to do stuff for you if I think that you will accept that promise later against stuff you will do for me.  That promise is then our currency.

Case in point, Comic books from bronze age and older are great stores of value as well as key issues from later on. Key issues from earlier are insane stores akin to great paintings. I thought it was a good touch in "The Accountant" that along with his gold bars ,Bearer Bonds and paintings he a had a Superman #1. Lol

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dinofelis

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:08:46 PM

Case in point, Comic books from bronze age and older are great stores of value as well as key issues from later on. Key issues from earlier are insane stores akin to great paintings. I thought it was a good touch in "The Accountant" that along with his gold bars ,Bearer Bonds and paintings he a had a Superman #1. Lol

Well, these assets aren't purely monetary if you ask me.  You might just as well want them "to possess them", and not for the *sole* purpose of trading them later for something else.  They can have usage value, they have non-monetary utility. 

I would say that if you buy a Picasso "as an investment", but you also put it up in your living room, then that Picasso has non-monetary utility.   If you put it away in a safe and never look at it, then it is purely monetary.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:20:24 PM

Well, these assets aren't purely monetary if you ask me.  You might just as well want them "to possess them", and not for the *sole* purpose of trading them later for something else.  They can have usage value, they have non-monetary utility. 

I would say that if you buy a Picasso "as an investment", but you also put it up in your living room, then that Picasso has non-monetary utility.   If you put it away in a safe and never look at it, then it is purely monetary.

It is a insurable store of value that is non taxable with the side effect of being aesthetically appealing and thereby takes up even less room than another form of store of value would take. Imagine all the hundreds it takes to purchase a Picasso and the volume that takes. You can't even get thousand dollar bills anymore! The rich have know how to hide their money in plain site forever, they are not all fools.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:50:52 AM

I meant the topic not Monero itself Dino  Cheesy
Your doing it again.. no matter how hard i try and get you guys to the water you won't drink.
No i am not ACTUALLY calling you a horse either Wink

I guess i should give up *for now  Cool

To follow along with you two though..
When i was around 12 or 13 i used to go to the local comic book store and rummage in the 25 cent bin.
But i would grab a few dollars worth of the cheap ones read them once then put them in plastic clip covers and chuck them in a box for safe keeping.

What did i buy ?
Issue 1, 2 and 3 plus the training manual editions of TMNT first press.
Yup i bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue #1 first press for 25 cents.

Later when i moved i ended up having all my comics stolen Sad

Yup i have been pretty lucky at times LOL
I only ever went and bought comics at the comic store few times ever.
So the odds that i was literally among a handful of people on planet earth that knew about TMNT before everyone else was pretty random.

I suffer from laziness though.. i kept wanting to look into Bitcoin in the early days after hearing about but kept putting off.. by the time i got here it was hitting i think around $30.
I have a Firefox bookmark still from when i was stunned it went to $50.
True stories though !

So yeah i get what you mean by collectibles.
My buddy had his Dad who was locked up in jail tell my friend he can his his hockey cards.
Back around 1990/1991 i think me and a friend were just getting into collecting buying packs at the store.
So.. when my buddy went and pulled the shoe box from the closet we sat in the living room sifting through them.
I thought i was gonna fucking puke i was so sick and wanted to rob him so bad but i didn't.
I stacked up about 7 Ray Bourque rookies cards and maybe 8 Wayne Gretzky rookie cards.. so far.
And others from the same year 1979..
I was soooo tempted to steal some of them from him and regretted i never did LOL
I knew looking at his pile of the floor i was looking at anywhere from 10 to $20,000.00 in cards
HE DIDN'T !
Sooo JEALOUS !

Within a year or so i was running my own little sports card buying / selling / trading business i started.
Which all started from that pack of hockey cards.
I ended up doing little trade shows and flee markets from one end of Canada to the other.
Eventually i took the massive amount of cards i had by then which was a lot and sold them all to a dealer for a like a couple cents s piece whole sale. (after i cherry picked out the good ones LOL)
I couldn't stay away though and ended up rebuilidng it all back up and doing more trade shows then sodl it all off again.

Did the same here Wink

I took 0 cents and c0 cents and rubbed it together and got up to around 12 grand via lots of trading / arb'ing.
And i seen the crypto scene changing in a bad way and i had an itch to spend some of the money.
So i decided to cash all of it out and spend it all and i did too !
I gave away a grand worth and spent the rest in maybe 6 or 7 months roughly.
KNOWING full well that i could have kept trying to build a larger profit.
I CHOSE not to on purpose.. it as getting way too scammy for my taste.
I made my point though.
I cam to crypto with 0.
And i walked away with 12 grand.

I could have robbed guys in crypto for their Wayne Gretzky cards and i never did !
Integrity is worth something.
You never know when the gods will hand you a TMNT comic for 25 cents LOL
Karma's a bitch guys  Cheesy

btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:12:04 AM

I wish I had half the energy Spoetnik has. He's been typing volumes and volumes with each post several times a day since 2013.
dinofelis

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:19:35 PM

I meant the topic not Monero itself Dino  Cheesy
Your doing it again.. no matter how hard i try and get you guys to the water you won't drink.
No i am not ACTUALLY calling you a horse either Wink

? What ?  

Crypto is, in my eyes, supposed to be a currency, to be obtained while delivering goods and services, and to be spent when obtaining goods and services.  Crypto, in my eyes, should *NOT* be used to speculate, to "invest" and to "hope for price increase".    Hell, you didn't use your comic books as intermediate good of exchange, to get back the 25 cents you put in it.  You put them "AWAY" in the hope someone would pay more for it than you did.  That's speculating, not using a currency.
Why would a kid obtain comic books ?  To exchange it for marbles of course !  And why not use fiat right away ?  The only reason I can think of, is that it might be forbidden to use fiat money, say, in the playground or something.  Otherwise, you use fiat.  Or because you think that it is less risky to walk on the street with old comic books than with some pocket money.  Or some other reason that makes these comic books more interesting to be used as a currency than fiat.

You could have a deal with a class friend: "I give you my homework so that you can copy it, and you give me 5 comic books" ; to be followed by "I would like to obtain 40 marbles against 5 comic books".  So you traded "giving homework intellectual property" against "obtaining marbles" USING comic books as a means of exchange.

I think that's the sole use of crypto.  In those cases where you can't use fiat.  Like with the comic books.

In as much as monero is used more in that way, it rises.  As it is used somewhat on dark markets, it rose up.

Again, I think that the only meaningful use cases of crypto are those cases where you can't use fiat.  Now, you can use fiat almost for anything that is legal.  So I don't see any legal use case for crypto.  There has been a mentioning of "paying abroad to people not having bank accounts".  That is a use case, but most of the time, it is not a *strictly legal* use case.  You're, most of the time, not supposed to pay people abroad if they don't have a bank account (whether it is to buy goods, or whether it is to give stuff).  Some uses, with small amounts, are tolerated but are not strictly legal.   You most probably will not go to jail for sending 50 dollar to some poor Indian not having a bank account.  You will, if you're sending 500 000 dollar and they find out.   

So almost anything that has to do with money, and that is strictly legal, is doable with fiat.  So crypto is not needed, and doesn't bring in anything.  There's no use case.  So the only things that are left are illegal.  And then you need anon.  Up to you whether you want to do it or not, but at least, it IS a sensible use case.  The only one where crypto can live, if it has to live.

The "I buy cheap, hold it and sell it to greater fools when it is more expensive" is a story that comes down sooner or later.  If you're amongst the early ones, you can rip off the latecomers, true.  But it is just a rip-off game.   I don't see any sustainable future for crypto in that rip-off game.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:53:16 PM

I wish I had half the energy Spoetnik has. He's been typing volumes and volumes with each post several times a day since 2013.

Problem is many of you are noobs and dumb so you couldn't say anything other than where'z mah ROI'z at bruh ?

I am the one who has been here since 2013 as you just said so... uhhhhh ?
Meaning ?
Well.. back then there was no such thing as an ICO.. or MLM scam coin etc.
I am here to remind you stupid shit head scammy loser profiteer noobs you are worthless garbage and should get the fuck out of my crypto scene.

Getting the hint yet ?

You bring nothing useful to crypto.
You are a cancer and we don't need your type.
Fuck off !

STFU and take your ADD med's you whiney ass millennial social media brats.

Uncurlhalo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:30:54 PM

This fight LOL !!  Grin Grin Grin

Argus the revolution in making
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 06:34:21 PM

What happens when unstoppable FUD meets immovable idealist.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 07:46:53 PM

What happens when unstoppable FUD meets immovable idealist.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:32:14 PM

The last one sucked but funny comments guys  Cheesy
And it's painfully obvious when you guys are soooooooo desperate for a topic to go away.
Your screwed if you do and screwed if you don't basically.
That is the problem with being WRONG hahhahahah

Any of you care to elaborate on this Rise & Rise of Monero ?
By all means i am not stopping you LOL

Since it's SUPPOSE to be true you'd think you guys would not shut up about it right ?
ohhhhhhh Spoetnik's logic (FUD) is diabolical huh ?  Grin

..top-shelf baby ..TOP SHELF !

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:02:16 PM

Bump for the hell of it, THE SKY IS FALLING SELL SELL SELL !!!

Deepcleen

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:39:23 AM

Most good altcoins are rising now.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:08:14 AM

Most good altcoins are rising now.

That was 10 days ago! Try to keep up~ Smiley

tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 01:04:25 AM

Spoetnik is a Dash shill? Lmao! Always knew he was a douchebag! No Spoetard... i'm not a monero fanboy. Just love watching you destroy what little credibility you had with dumb noobs you sandbagger! Thanks for the Birthday gift you fuckin idiot!  Grin You know... this place doesn't stink so much right now. Like a window opened, and let all the stink out.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:24:32 AM

Spoetnik is a Dash shill? Lmao! Always knew he was a douchebag! No Spoetard... i'm not a monero fanboy. Just love watching you destroy what little credibility you had with dumb noobs you sandbagger! Thanks for the Birthday gift you fuckin idiot!  Grin You know... this place doesn't stink so much right now. Like a window opened, and let all the stink out.

Yup i am a huge Dash shill which is why i have never had any LOL
I do not support ANON coins.. period.

Oh and congrats on going off topic.. and ignoring the questions i asked earlier here on the topic a dozen times.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: