Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [irregularities] Mass Network  (Read 91822 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kharchenko

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:20:54 PM

Hm, so what is the maximum amount of bounties can I recieve if I put the signature, for example, today?
I am afraid you missed my question as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pianist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:27:21 PM

@MASS

Does the level of ICO fund raising affect the roadmap and/or speed of delivery of this project?

Would anyone care to answer this question?

Short answer for first question is NO! Smiley

To deliver roadmap, we have to finalize description of products. That took much more time than we expected, because our products are technically challenging. Mass is going to change the behavior of millions of websites, that's way our solution for the market have to be very simple and easy-to-integrate.
CryptoCopper

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:52:18 PM

However, massnetwork, what global planns do you have?

We will publish the detailed roadmap soon. It will consist o two parts. Part 1 aims to present the organizational approach (how development and risk are to be handled at least during the time before the launch of the consumer module). Part 2 aims to describe the city-by-city plan. It is essential trying to achieve critical mass asap (having many installations from both advertisers' and consumers' side in one geo area). Advertising is one of the most CONVENIENT double-sided markets in this respect because it is very "local: in its nature—it exploits web's ability to reach people but still does it mostly locally, just like traditional media. Unlike in the case of payment systems, for example, we can steadily go from one place to another without having to attract a lot of users worldwide.
What countries are going to cover?

We have people who are familiar with US, EU and Russian/Ukranian/Kazakh markets. Looking for people in China, India, Indonesia.
Well, what positions do you offer to them?

Not "position" but regional voting power. Mass is not a corporation. We're finalizing the management framework based on voting block-chain-based tokens. This will be kind of a reasonable, real-world version of a DAO. We suppose that the main ideological failure of the DAO concept as we know it now is in using the full-scale democracy at the infant stage of the management concept itself. It only works after the management system has been through many preliminary stages. For instance, European democracy of the current humanitarian shape it has, it first has gone through the periods of very limited voting rights, later to high-income-taxpayers quotas.

Regionally capable people will receive their managing votes based only on the local competition. Say, Indonesia's quota is 2% (based on global advertising market share). To win part of those 2% votes one has to compete with Indonesian candidates only. Same level candidate who targets a global management quota of 5% dedicated to user interface division will have to compete globally, so having some local expertise is a cool factor to join Mass management and development team.
Hm, that is interesting. But I wanted to know what these people are supposed to do. What competence will they have?
Do you want to apply?  Grin
Noo, I don't think so. I am not very big expert at all. That is just interesting to me.
Dude, do you know what joke is?
Dude, do you really think it was funny?
I think it seems to be off-topic. Better PM me if you want to speak about it. But I hope you don't.
CryptoCopper

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 08:54:36 PM

@MASS

Does the level of ICO fund raising affect the roadmap and/or speed of delivery of this project?

To deliver roadmap, we have to finalize description of products. That took much more time than we expected, because our products are technically challenging. Mass is going to change the behavior of millions of websites, that's way our solution for the market have to be very simple and easy-to-integrate.

To change the behavior of millions of websites is to broad aim, don't you think so? Maybe it is better to start with little goals?
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:05:12 AM

@MASS

So far, I think it's an interesting use of colored coins.  My only questions are why so many?  Why 1 trillion?  OP says 1 trillion "indivisible units".  So 1 Masscoin cannot be broken in half?  Is this correct and is it true?  I'm not familiar with how colored coins or Colu treats this.  Thanks for your answers in advance.
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 01:47:27 AM

One more question: Is there a Slack channel open to participate with developers?
jungle_cap

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 02:27:19 PM

Hi, guys! I knew about Mass from several articles all over Russian internet. I am from Georgia and somehow involved in the sphere of online ads. I was really interested in your project and moreover I think it can change the sphere I mentioned before. Tha's why I would like to wish you good luck with ICO. I am going to participate in it as well. Good luck once more time. 
CryptoCopper

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 08:16:59 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2016, 09:15:16 PM by CryptoCopper

One more question: Is there a Slack channel open to participate with developers?
It is just interesting to me: how do you want to participate?
Und3rw00d

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:19:08 PM

However, massnetwork, what global planns do you have?

We will publish the detailed roadmap soon. It will consist o two parts. Part 1 aims to present the organizational approach (how development and risk are to be handled at least during the time before the launch of the consumer module). Part 2 aims to describe the city-by-city plan. It is essential trying to achieve critical mass asap (having many installations from both advertisers' and consumers' side in one geo area). Advertising is one of the most CONVENIENT double-sided markets in this respect because it is very "local: in its nature—it exploits web's ability to reach people but still does it mostly locally, just like traditional media. Unlike in the case of payment systems, for example, we can steadily go from one place to another without having to attract a lot of users worldwide.
What countries are going to cover?

We have people who are familiar with US, EU and Russian/Ukranian/Kazakh markets. Looking for people in China, India, Indonesia.
Well, what positions do you offer to them?

Not "position" but regional voting power. Mass is not a corporation. We're finalizing the management framework based on voting block-chain-based tokens. This will be kind of a reasonable, real-world version of a DAO. We suppose that the main ideological failure of the DAO concept as we know it now is in using the full-scale democracy at the infant stage of the management concept itself. It only works after the management system has been through many preliminary stages. For instance, European democracy of the current humanitarian shape it has, it first has gone through the periods of very limited voting rights, later to high-income-taxpayers quotas.

Regionally capable people will receive their managing votes based only on the local competition. Say, Indonesia's quota is 2% (based on global advertising market share). To win part of those 2% votes one has to compete with Indonesian candidates only. Same level candidate who targets a global management quota of 5% dedicated to user interface division will have to compete globally, so having some local expertise is a cool factor to join Mass management and development team.
Hm, that is interesting. But I wanted to know what these people are supposed to do. What competence will they have?
Do you want to apply?  Grin
Noo, I don't think so. I am not very big expert at all. That is just interesting to me.
Dude, do you know what joke is?
Dude, do you really think it was funny?
I think it seems to be off-topic. Better PM me if you want to speak about it. But I hope you don't.
Better stop spamming in here. And you are right I do not want to continue this conversation. Good luck.

By the way, I still would like to know what competence will these people have.
Und3rw00d

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:22:56 PM

@MASS

To change the behavior of millions of websites is to broad aim, don't you think so? Maybe it is better to start with little goals?
It seems to me their goals and aims were described few pages before as well as on the first page pretty well.

As I wrote few minutes ago: please, stop spamming. Find another one topic to do so.
pianist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:48:41 PM

It is just interesting to me. How do you want to participate?

What about Telegram group? Join new group Smiley

https://telegram.me/massdev

Und3rw00d

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 09:53:09 PM

Is this channel to address questions directly to the developers, am I right?
pianist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 10:00:30 PM

Yes, official discussion group. Like this thread Smiley

It's new, just created it!
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:32:38 AM

Joined.  Look forward to talking about Mass goals soon and finding more information about the project. Cheers
Und3rw00d

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:22:49 AM

Yes, official discussion group. Like this thread Smiley

It's new, just created it!

The same people as here are in that channel to respond, right?
peterzz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:29:51 PM

Great project. I know the Former Mozilla CEO build some ad-blocking browser and get millions of investment.

I think this is a great project in bitcointalk at this year. I am investor now.

upup~ Let more users get a chance enter this project.

prikitiw

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:09:44 AM

no launch ?  Roll Eyes
Alexey.tv

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 08:49:41 PM

Hello all
I want to introduce myself. My name is Alexei Morozov and recently I joined Mass product team.
And we are happy to announce alpha version of our Browser Extention, you can read about it in our blog: https://blog.mass.network/mass-browser-plugin-alpha/
m1000

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 09:16:42 PM

Hello. Cool news about browser plugin alpha Cheesy

https://blog.mass.network/mass-browser-plugin-alpha/
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 03:35:52 AM

the 30% of the supply held by DEVs to pay users who view ads ,  but how do the DEVs get paid from the advertisers? in btc or fiat ?

also, why do u think the price of mass token will rise in future ? any solid reasons for it ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: