Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:54:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: how strong is bitcoin really?  (Read 55521 times)
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:04:04 AM

Last time i am begin to think that bitcoin is stronger than euro and dollar,euro and dollar are look to me like a kind of old to much used dirty stuff.Bitcoin is progressive backed by technology,euro and dollar is backed by debt and flood of printed money. How strong bitcoin is,as network is strong and like internet is strong
With the successful technology backing bitcoin is very strong. Same time the risk with bitcoin is very high, even a small collapse in the network causes a big impact on the price as well the growth rate of bitcoin. Dollar or Euros were not the same, they are value to value. When something decreases the money value it can be stabilized with the backing value assets.
The risk is big no wonder we are getting big rewards as well, that is how it works and you cannot change any of them. Bitcoin is risky since there is no one is in control of the network, it could collapse and will render our bitcoins worthless. The possibilities or the risks should be known to us, being educated with bitcoin will let us decide confidently. As the question goes, I guess it is strong for now but risky.
Its just like on normal investments either on online or offline and the same with bitcoin it does really have the risk and as you mentioned it might crash anytime as of now since no one could really predict the price movement of bitcoin but if we do take the big risk it might really give us big rewards also but remember risk only the amounts that you could afford to lose.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 08:14:38 AM

Bitcoin will be as strong as on its price will rise, and the popularity is getting bigger. I think that the strength of bitcoin to centralize cryptocurrency.
i agree with you bitcoin is stronger currency and rising its price too much faster and i hope bitcoin will be more currency in the future and no one would be competitor of bitcoin because bitcoin is much more popular and there is a lot of services available on bitcoin.
The popularity of bitcoin is primarily dependent on all users. And it's not only in the case if the transfer coins to each other, but also what should be new opportunities, but it needs to offer different bitcoin sellers and retail stores. That this will always force bitcoin.

There is no point in trying to justify the strength of bitcoin in terms of its price. We all know that all altcoins, bitcoin included, are relativity easy to move in strong fluctuations because of their still low market capitalization. So I think it is better to define its strength in terms of its advantages compared to traditional money or payment processors, and in this case I can see a great strength in the bitcoin option.

In that case then it will go back to price value.  Fiat currency have infinite inflation while Bitcoin have finite inflation (unless developer thinks there is need to hardfork and add supply to bitcoin which I think is far from happening) and then after mining all the coins will then starts the deflation due to the keys lost to access Bitcoin.  I think this is the one of the strength of Bitcoin when it comes to price value, other than that, security, transaction (if scalability is fixed) are the strong point of bitcoin.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:18:18 AM

Bitcoin will be as strong as on its price will rise, and the popularity is getting bigger. I think that the strength of bitcoin to centralize cryptocurrency.
i agree with you bitcoin is stronger currency and rising its price too much faster and i hope bitcoin will be more currency in the future and no one would be competitor of bitcoin because bitcoin is much more popular and there is a lot of services available on bitcoin.
how would you answer if bitcoin prices down very quickly when many users into a panic? because the price had dropped to $ 850 very quickly due to the panic selling? bitcoin is not yet strong enough with that evidence?
just a price drop don't make bitcoin a weak currency and price increase don't proof that it is a strong.. only price is not the valid reason.
you just see the usage of bitcoin. popularity and use friendly functions of bitcoin you'll know how strong it is.
OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:18:44 AM

Well, basically, when the bitcoin has a price, it has had a very high price, even almost on par with the euro, and in a few years, bitcoin is able to compete with gold. I think the potential and power of bitcoin has a very strong force. besides, bitcoin also has a very strong influence in the business world.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:27:51 PM

I can say Bitcoin is really strong, because look at the price now its almost 1000$ Dude, that's not a joke actually. it shows that the community is getting more hot in bitcoin, even the the different investors in other nations are also involving and engaging themselves into that concept of the bitcoin. And that's really something isn't?.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:57:03 PM

I can say Bitcoin is really strong, because look at the price now its almost 1000$ Dude, that's not a joke actually. it shows that the community is getting more hot in bitcoin, even the the different investors in other nations are also involving and engaging themselves into that concept of the bitcoin. And that's really something isn't?.

Certainly nowadays the bitcoin's price is high and I wish to go even higher. But we have not forgotten that is a currency with small market cap and certainly easily can be manipulated after heavy speculation. What  anybody should do who believes in this currency is to be known and acceptable; the more people around the world because the more they use it the harder it is to be banned by any government. Hopefully devs, miners and nodes reach to a consensus because the very high fees with so many unconfirmed transactions every day is pain in the ass.
ibuddy122505

Activity: 1057
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 05:09:19 PM

Yes,Community of bitcoin industry are getting more and more.Luckily Bitcoins have been getting much attention our new generation as reason they are joining and strongly involved with this currency why not the price of bitcoin currently upfront,according to the preev it about 1040$+ right now.Coming future Bitcoin will pretty strong that is sure.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 08:18:57 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 09:46:46 AM by deisik

The popularity of bitcoin is primarily dependent on all users. And it's not only in the case if the transfer coins to each other, but also what should be new opportunities, but it needs to offer different bitcoin sellers and retail stores. That this will always force bitcoin.

There is no point in trying to justify the strength of bitcoin in terms of its price. We all know that all altcoins, bitcoin included, are relativity easy to move in strong fluctuations because of their still low market capitalization. So I think it is better to define its strength in terms of its advantages compared to traditional money or payment processors, and in this case I can see a great strength in the bitcoin option.

In that case then it will go back to price value.  Fiat currency have infinite inflation while Bitcoin have finite inflation (unless developer thinks there is need to hardfork and add supply to bitcoin which I think is far from happening) and then after mining all the coins will then starts the deflation due to the keys lost to access Bitcoin.  I think this is the one of the strength of Bitcoin when it comes to price value, other than that, security, transaction (if scalability is fixed) are the strong point of bitcoin

I suspect that we don't have to wait that long

In fact, we don't really need to wait till all coins have been mined since it is enough that the "natural loss" would exceed "natural gain", so to speak. Since the reward amount is going to be halved every 4 years, we should get there pretty quick. On the other hand, if Satoshi finds the allegedly lost keys from his 1M bitcoins, that would offset all future and previous losses for many years already gone and yet to come, in less than half a jiffy (we shouldn't forget that either)

DrVaribo

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:44:44 AM

Bitcoin today is very volatile and shows different manifestations of its activity. In the beginning of the year the price has risen much more for $ 1k, but now once again fell below that figure. While bitcoin not be called weak, because it is still at a decent level.
Michel de Montaigne

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:31:18 AM

We know that bitcoin is strong and all the wallets have milletry grade security but one of my stupid friend today said that maybe someone can hack it with just a calculater because with math and correct formulas we can even predict gambling bets if that is possible then maybe there is any chance of this

Bitcoin is much stronger than we anticipated. The Bitcoin system does not carry any risk except the 51% attack. I do not think anybody will do the 51% attack.

Apart from that, bitcoin has never been hacked until now. Because bitcoin is not a central point. It has a secure structure because it has a distributed structure.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:52:32 AM

moreover users continues to grow every day around the world. and of course with that bitcoin will be stronger. because the user that determines the strength of bitcoin
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:02:54 AM

Bitcoin today is very volatile and shows different manifestations of its activity. In the beginning of the year the price has risen much more for $ 1k, but now once again fell below that figure. While bitcoin not be called weak, because it is still at a decent level.
We may fall but we are bound to rise again, like what happen in the previous days, the price has drop to a significant amount but here we are now, we are back at $1,000 level. That means bitcoin is strong and every time you see the price fall, consider that as a gift to buy cheap bitcoins.

STUDENTCOIN