Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children  (Read 117994 times)
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:17:00 AM

My son is 12 years old and he used bitcoin faucets to earn money for his next big toy.  He only earls a little bit at a time, as you could imagine with faucets, however he thinks of it as money.  The more he gets, the happier he is.  So explain it to them as money, just explain the general difference between a few different currencies and how they work.
Well, I hope your son is happy with what he is doing, I also have a children but I would not encourage them to do faucets, I would not let them tried something I tried before that I realize it is just a waste of time, if you really wanna teach your kids, you need to start with the basic and let them understand in a step by step process.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:31:52 AM

If you were to inrtoduce bitcoins to lets say, a kid, just tell them what you can do and what you can not do with it. I don' think you really need to explain everything that operates in a bitcoin transaction, etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
trickshot22

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:17:07 PM

If you were to inrtoduce bitcoins to lets say, a kid, just tell them what you can do and what you can not do with it. I don' think you really need to explain everything that operates in a bitcoin transaction, etc.
its the same as with fiat, you just cannot do illegal things and thats it, i think it is enough to say that it is the best money ever invented
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:04:25 PM

I don't know if you should be teaching children about btc, teenagers, maybe a little older ones like 17,18... don't thing they're old enough to really understand hwo it works, but A simple animated video about it's anonimity, trading, sending and such...

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:40:52 PM

How do we explain the federal reserve and the velocity of money to children or teenagers? How do we explain the banking establishment and their control over checking accounts? How do we explain check book ledgers and monthly account reconciliation including the tracking of banking fees? How do we explain the ach/eft system and its roll in the daily use of debit cards that are tied to bank accounts. How do you explain Bitcoin to children and teenagers?

How do you explain any of it to children and teenagers when most bitcoiners don't understand any of it?

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 02:50:38 PM

there is no way to explain it other than say that it is money
That is a shockingly bad answer. Bitcoin is not just money, it operates completely different to the way normal cash transactions are done around the world and telling a kid it's just money would not interest them at all.

Yes bitcoin is way more then just money. To explain it to kids it depends how bright they are and interested at that age. You should start to explain the concept of bitcoin and why people use it instead of money, then if it sparks interest they might do research themselves.
springgers

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:03:22 PM

I guess it would be a waste of time to try to explain it to a real child since he wouldn't be following you up at all, in time most likely he will learn gradually and you can help him throughout that until he is mature enough, Regarding teenagers, it shouldn't be hard at all since they are open to new technology.
lavapits

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:51:23 PM

I think inviting teenagers to this forum will help a lot to explain bitcoin to them and get them with the Bitcoin's community. However the mission is harder with childrens, i think telling them that it's digital money will be enough for them
thats true, this forum helps people a lot to get basic knowledge about bitcoins, i would definitely direct new people to here
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 08, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
I do not think that teens would even pay attention to something like Bitcoin because they would not even understand what is going on.
It is better for them to just go to school and focus on other things then Bitcoin.
Nowl1935

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:21:44 PM

We can explain bitcoin to teenagers by simply showing them a video presentation about bitcoin. Let them know the essence of bitcoin on now a day's. We can teach them in playful way and good timing. We should always put on a subject of curiosity so that they will get interest on that matter.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 04:50:51 PM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
I do not think that teens would even pay attention to something like Bitcoin because they would not even understand what is going on.
It is better for them to just go to school and focus on other things then Bitcoin.

Yeah and its not the right time to teach them about bitcoins at that early stage of their life as they will surely find it complicated and would not be interested in learning it.
Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:35:58 PM

Simply tell them that you're feeding yourself with your earnings of Bitcoin (regardless if you really do or not) so they know that you're making good amount of money from it. I don't know why would you need to explain bitcoins to kids, they barely know math. To teenagers, maybe they are looking for a way to earn money. Tell them that you are trading different coins, doing signature campaign, and all the other stuffs that you do. And then explain it to them one by one.
jonahmarieaton101

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 11:55:39 AM

Yes exactly! Bitcoin is really difficult to explain especially to teenagers or children. Why? Because that age is very young and i know it is very hard to understand about it. All they want is play, play and play. Eventually, they are not fit for this kind of things. All i want to focus for them is to study hard to achieve their goals.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:00:34 PM

Why do we need to explain it to them? I think it's enough that they know that bitcoin exist, and if they are interested, for sure they will search for it and start their journey, and I think that it is a good foundation for them to start that way than to spoon feed them, that would just give them the idea that bitcoin is money and they can earn it and nothing else...  Smiley
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:13:12 PM

I think i have no idea on how to explain bitcoin to children, but for teenager i think it is a bit easier, because teenager usually has the huge curiosity about new things, and when we say it can generate some income, i think they will interested immediately
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:17:55 PM

I think i have no idea on how to explain bitcoin to children, but for teenager i think it is a bit easier, because teenager usually has the huge curiosity about new things, and when we say it can generate some income, i think they will interested immediately

Mostly younger generations are always after money making when you teach them something specially the teenager, they also have needs which sometimes they are afraid or shy to tell their parents about it... So if you tell them that they could earn with bitcoin, probably you will have their attention if they are not lazy.

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:28:24 PM

for me to explain bitcoin against children is difficult. according to some of my experience, teach and explain to someone who has aged 17 to 23 years old is the most easiest thing. they live in a technological era. their thirst for renewable technologies.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:32:53 PM

initial steps I have described is that they should be familiar with computers. when they know the computer then I'm sure they'll be easy to understand bitcoin. I described one by one from a description bitcoin. to use bitcoin's daily lives.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:38:58 PM

The first basic step is finding out if they know how to read, do basic mathematics, understand English and most especially find out if they know how to use a computer. All of these are required before they be able to understand Bitcoins.

It's not that hard to explain, to be honest. Tell them it's a currency that is distributed on the Internet. No one controls it so there's no tax. Tell them that through Bitcoin is how you get paid. In payments, the concept is just like fiat. You pay using it, you get paid using it.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:42:20 PM

I think it will be hard to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children, because they still young and not ready to learn about bitcoin. But for just know about bitcoin, i think it's okay.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: