Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 10:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children  (Read 117994 times)
kynaz

Activity: 1078
Merit: 250

http://unidapp.app

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:11:23 AM

How to:
First download a faucet app who is legit and have good ratings. Second Let them play it, for sometime. Last if you have payouts give them money.
You don't need much more explaining to do. It is what it is. Money means effort, Bitcoin also means effort. And you can get paid for it.
That's a great way to let them know how to work with money. That's an easy way to let them know that you have to work for money and to buy what they want. You could also tell them that it's for Christmas or something.
Well good idea. They can watch ads and play games to earn Bitcoin which is the easiest way and not to waste time explaining for them to understand. I think when they get Bitcoin, they will find a way to use it and learn Bitcoin

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:23:03 AM

Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

You do not actually need to explain it to them, they are just kids. The time will come they will know it by themselves, if you said it is the future money then they are the futures generation.  They will figure it out by themselves because that is their eras money unlike you thats is very new to you because you are born without that monwy existing. Curiosity can help them figure it out.
Yes kids of this era are quite sharper then it was ours, they are in the age of fully equipped technology and if are using internet they must be know about bitcoin. Today when I look back to my childhood twenty years ago things were too different we only had saga and Nintendo video games to play and a few channels on the dish antenna. Now the kids much better technology to use and are well aware of any new technological change. So they can find their way better to bitcoin by themselves.
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:49:32 AM

scientist sir albert einstien once said "if you cannot explain it to a child, you didnt know what you are talking about". i think you should have deeper knowledge in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies i think it is easier to explain it to a teen ager or a child because they are born in this mellenium. they use cellphone load, that is a kind of virtual money. btc is just a virtual money deccentralized meaning no bank or institution governs that virtual money unless yourself. i think that explanation would help.

Yes you can explain it to them but don't be so sure that they'll adopt this.
They can listen as you talk but if it's not interest them, then you're just talking in a thin air.
Better explain this to them when they're mature enough for this. It's not possible to them not to know this because they're more expose in the internet, and bitcoin is every where. Like just one day you'll see your kid doing some bitcoin thing.

All I'm saying is let your kid explore by themselves and you'll just be amaze how far they'll go. You don't need to rush things.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:09:55 AM

I explain to kids about bitcoin,it is digital currency which is not handled by the any government and bitcoin belong to the cryptocurrency.Bitcoin used for direct transactions without any banks,this best investment plan.
honestly i never explain bitcoin to kids,but i have done to some teenagers,i just said it was a money coming from internet,just like paypal,but it better,can be mined and traded. i think explain to kids or teenagers are depending on how far that kids knowledge about technology. in my opinion,the simple way is "bitcoin is virtual money,come from internet,can be traded,can be mined,and no one control it"
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:23:21 AM

Maybe we can not directly explain bitcoin with complicated things. Many things we can use for the means of learning to children. For example we can use games that produce bitcoin so children understand first. Can not directly explain bitcoin clearly
nunchuck master

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:26:22 AM

I don't think its too difficult to understand for kids as long as you are not trying to explain blockchain to them. if they are interested they will get it on their own
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:33:05 AM

Maybe explaining bitcoin to children or teenagers is hard to explain because I myself am a teenager who is less so know about bitcoin .. maybe later if I have known for a long time about bitcoin I will definitely explain to children or teenagers because the digital era of Bitcoin in the future For children and adolescents..

bitcoinvestor (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:43:53 AM

Maybe we can not directly explain bitcoin with complicated things. Many things we can use for the means of learning to children. For example we can use games that produce bitcoin so children understand first. Can not directly explain bitcoin clearly
Using learning tools may help to explain to children. I have an idea to practice send and receive bitcoin in small amount with a tool like HP or PC. I think children prefer to learn directly to listening to long theory. When they can send and receive bitcoin then we can explain the general concept how bitcoin network is. If needed we can practice to cash bitcoin to bank account. Children will see the money in cash. That 's real money for them.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:03:51 AM

Using learning tools may help to explain to children. I have an idea to practice send and receive bitcoin in small amount with a tool like HP or PC. I think children prefer to learn directly to listening to long theory. When they can send and receive bitcoin then we can explain the general concept how bitcoin network is. If needed we can practice to cash bitcoin to bank account. Children will see the money in cash. That 's real money for them.
teaching children need something tools that familiar with them world
using games, interactive, for how bitcoin creates and how its works and for what we using it
maybe its not different with how we using bank, and people want to save money on it.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:08:07 AM

Why to teach the children to make money? Money spoil the adults and the immature psyche of the child is generally unable to destroy. Now the kids themselves can find all the information they need. You can only familiarize them with the existence of crypto currency.
ZzV1Finn

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:25:13 AM

Children should have a childhood, and teenagers may already be interested in the form of the game, but do not overload them with too much information. They must enjoy youth, and not earn money.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:40:34 AM

It's impossible i tried my level best to explain my kids about bitcoin and why we should save it and what makes them different from other currencies they are just not interested, they instead told me that i know everything so it's better i do all the things and don't bug them
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:04:12 PM

Children should have a childhood, and teenagers may already be interested in the form of the game, but do not overload them with too much information. They must enjoy youth, and not earn money.

Your words look like they are right but in reality it is unclear what does it mean "They must enjoy youth"? Enjoying youth is a very loose concept. You can learn something useful and enjoy youth at the same time. On the other hand you can spend your life on a luxury beach and still hate it. So explaining bitcoin to children is a good thing imo.
Finestream

Activity: 3080
Merit: 609

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:09:34 PM

It's impossible i tried my level best to explain my kids about bitcoin and why we should save it and what makes them different from other currencies they are just not interested, they instead told me that i know everything so it's better i do all the things and don't bug them
I think that's just how they will react, they are just kids and they are not like us who are eager to make money. Kids can have money anytime because they have parents to support them but we matured people who have bigger need cannot just rely to our parents so we need to work and good thing bitcoin is here to help us on our financial needs but the result will always depend on how we perform the things we need to do to be profitable.

KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:19:35 PM

I explain to kids about bitcoin,it is digital currency which is not handled by the any government and bitcoin belong to the cryptocurrency.Bitcoin used for direct transactions without any banks,this best investment plan.
honestly i never explain bitcoin to kids,but i have done to some teenagers,i just said it was a money coming from internet,just like paypal,but it better,can be mined and traded. i think explain to kids or teenagers are depending on how far that kids knowledge about technology. in my opinion,the simple way is "bitcoin is virtual money,come from internet,can be traded,can be mined,and no one control it"
That's good, because kids have several other requirements at these age. What they need is care and enjoyment, with teenagers the scenario is different. They were in need of money to make living more comfortable and enjoyable. Based on this its good to explain to teenagers rather than explaining to kids and making them attached to technology which is same as making them miss their childhood days.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Rostadom

Activity: 713

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:25:58 PM

I still don't understand how would a game that produces bitcoin will help kids understand bitcoins. The game itself probably doesn't teach about bitcoin because it's a game. In case that there's a dialogue in the game and it's about bitcoin, the player would probably just skip all that and proceed to the actual game. Now that the kid has a bitcoin, how did he learn bitcoin at all? If having bitcoin teaches you about bitcoin, then maybe you should have given him a bitcoin right from the start. This will save your kid from all the troubles of playing a nonsense game.

By the way, I just want to make it clear. Having bitcoin doesn't teach you what is bitcoin or how it works.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2282
Merit: 788

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:47:45 PM

I still don't understand how would a game that produces bitcoin will help kids understand bitcoins. The game itself probably doesn't teach about bitcoin because it's a game. In case that there's a dialogue in the game and it's about bitcoin, the player would probably just skip all that and proceed to the actual game. Now that the kid has a bitcoin, how did he learn bitcoin at all? If having bitcoin teaches you about bitcoin, then maybe you should have given him a bitcoin right from the start. This will save your kid from all the troubles of playing a nonsense game.

By the way, I just want to make it clear. Having bitcoin doesn't teach you what is bitcoin or how it works.

Obviously, you do not teach a child or a teenager directly the meaning of investing into bitcoins as it may be complicated for them to understand. One possible remedy that is available is to teach them first the value of money and the different ways of earning it. For example, you can teach your kid that if they want to buy a toy or something, they must first earn it by cleaning their mess or helping in the chores. Let me reiterate, the chores does not need to be complicated. By simply sorting their toys gives them the impression of the value behind money. You do not teach it to them directly but you let them learn it indirectly.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:30:44 PM

For me,it is hard to explain many things about bitcoin to a teenager. Although teenagers are technology inclined or they know many things about technology nowadays. It is hard to explain about bitcoin because there are many things need to understand like what is bitcoin,purpose and the process of earning it. Just like me,it difficult for me to understand when i was started asking about bitcoin. But i believe teenagers has its own talent of understanding. We should tell them whats good about bitcoin.
Rostadom

Activity: 713

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:47:07 PM

Obviously, you do not teach a child or a teenager directly the meaning of investing into bitcoins as it may be complicated for them to understand. One possible remedy that is available is to teach them first the value of money and the different ways of earning it. For example, you can teach your kid that if they want to buy a toy or something, they must first earn it by cleaning their mess or helping in the chores. Let me reiterate, the chores does not need to be complicated. By simply sorting their toys gives them the impression of the value behind money. You do not teach it to them directly but you let them learn it indirectly.

That is called positive reinforcement. It's not that bad, but things might go bad. Like when your kid start thinking that everything that he's going to do will have an equivalent amount of money. He can become greedy at a very young age. Let's say that his grandma comes over and she tries to ask your kid a favor then your kid asked for money in return of everything he is asked to do. That's really embarrassing and people would have the impression that you're raising a greedy child or that the child is a bad child.
arlinxoha

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:46:29 PM

You really say . About 98% of children in our country do not know about Bitcoin. They are not so difficult to teach because they are digital era. Technology is at their fingertips. Still parents show their Internet locations where they can learn about it. And they can easily understand the video about Bitcoin.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: