Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:35:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:59:37 PM

Sure it wil.. i just want my money back. I didnt purchase an ico of 'mystery coin' i purchased darksilk set to launch at a certain date. Completely irresponsible and amateur undertaking here.

I think I recognize the style....
It's that HIM!?!

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cleitonrat

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 10:09:53 PM

No reason to give release dates if they arent kept.  Every date so far has been missed. Name change was a bad idea 

Good point about dates but i disagree with your opinion on name change.

The team has stated the ICO will be completed before the name change so think of it as a time period to expand your portfolio while the prices are low.

Once a new name and marketing campaign are launched there is no reason for drksilk not to replace dash, xmr, ect and have the price reflective of its capability.

Be patient fellow silknetwork believers, the payoff will be worth it  Cool

Sure it wil.. i just want my money back. I didnt purchase an ico of 'mystery coin' i purchased darksilk set to launch at a certain date. Completely irresponsible and amateur undertaking here.

I agree with CryptoJohn. Today should be complicated any dev give attention. This guys are trying a good crypto. Lisk change two times and was a sucess; DAO was released in time, but was a bad dream.

Before, i told with devs about the name and the decision to change and i believe that a new brand will open doors. Include Poloniex and others. Stormnodes and PoS will keep as before.

Give time to Devs, i believe him. And i put money too. Wink
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 11:39:01 PM

I think I recognize the style....
It's that HIM!?!

?!?!?!?!?

Grin  Grin  Grin

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 11:59:07 PM

I don't mind anything taking a bit longer than expected, but letting the launch day slip by without even making a statement is pretty slack guys. What's going on?

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
dontigua

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:04:40 AM

Mining DarkSilk?

What GPU's are you guys and girls using?

Nvidia or AMD?

Let us know Cheesy

Not really much of an announcement from Silk Network after days of zero communication.
You should really change your marketing strategy because it does not work at all.
Today is the release day and you have nothing better to ask?

Im not sure what else you would have expected.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:59:10 AM

No reason to give release dates if they arent kept.  Every date so far has been missed. Name change was a bad idea 

The team has stated the ICO will be completed before the name change so think of it as a time period to expand your portfolio while the prices are low.

Once a new name and marketing campaign are launched there is no reason for drksilk not to replace dash, xmr, ect and have the price reflective of its capability.

I get his point.  It's not the fact that its delayed. It's the fact that there is no communication at all about whats going on.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:35:25 AM

I get his point.  It's not the fact that its delayed. It's the fact that there is no communication at all about whats going on.

dontigua has a good point, the team could be telling everyone that the DrkSilk disbursements happen nov 5-8.

wait.... deja?Huh

If on the 9th I don't have my drksilk I will be out of character with my posts.

And if by the 29th, my DrkSilk isn't worth $20 each...well then, i'm raising hell. Shocked
rapazev

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:45:41 AM

almost every ico have delay's... it's "normal".
but yeah, no communication is a problem... they should at least explain what happened.

but chill guys, wait a little before you start crying and asking for your money back... it's a big launch and a small team, one day isnt big deal.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:53:08 AM

but yeah, no communication is a problem... they should at least explain what happened.

but chill guys, wait a little before you start crying and asking for your money back... it's a big launch and a small team, one day isnt big deal.

I don't think people would mind the delay in the vein of doing a proper release.  The issue is the communication.  If someone just came out and simply took 1 minute to type an update, that would be fine.
rapazev

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:56:45 AM

No reason to give release dates if they arent kept. Every date so far has been missed. Name change was a bad idea  

every date has been missed? lol... wtf are you talking about....
And if you dont understand why they are changing the name, well, then there's no point in arguing with you... you are here just to troll.

I don't think people would mind the delay in the vein of doing a proper release.  The issue is the communication.  If someone just came out and simply took 1 minute to type an update, that would be fine.
Agree, as an investor, i'm a little worried (and a little disappointed). Silk team has always been very helpful, always here explaining every detail.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:57:58 AM

agreed.

crypto is nutz!

People love you, believe in you and are willing to risk their money on your ideas one day.

The next day, you're diablo.

I have a pretty good amount of BTC between the Silk and the DrkSilk I own. Am I worried? Nope.

I met a new excited investor while mountain biking today. He loves emerging technologies and is ready to jump in. I will have him trading within a week and he will rely upon data I provide to invest in and follow only the best development teams.

One of the teams I will recommend is The SilkNetwork and advise he hold a nice bag of both Silk and DrkSilk.  

Wink

CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:15:27 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 03:41:37 AM by CryptoVote

Sorry about the lack of communication.  Please wait for an official announcement but yes, there has been issues and a release delay.  I am (or was if I don't get kick off) on the dev team and agree that we should have communicated our issues earlier.  Days ago,  I suggested that we let the community know about our issues and potential release delay but was overruled and/or ignored.  This is no way to conduct business and gain trust.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 02:21:48 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2016, 02:34:22 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

I also notified the team to notify the community of all the issues and information to post, but yet it hasn't happened (~12 hours ago).

Myself and the developers have hit upon issues which all should be conveyed by an official post which has not happened.

Apologies for the ineptness of the teams ability to communicate, this looks completely unprofessional.
PrometheusX

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:34:19 AM

I also notified the team to notify the community of all the issues and information to post, but yet it hasn't happened (~12 hours ago).

Myself and the developers have hit upon issues which all should be conveyed by an official post which has not happened.

Apologies for the ineptness of the teams ability to communicate, this looks completely unprofessional.

Is this a joke ?
I asked you yesterday at slack and also got no answer!

And dont say its an failure of the team ,  or are you not an member of the team ?

SLK - SYZU8arw9LSxDtM7shm2S23WrD5WSbGbB9
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 02:39:49 AM

Is this a joke ?
I asked you yesterday at slack and also got no answer!

And dont say its an failure of the team ,  or are you not an member of the team ?

I got asked questions in Telegram and Slack by multiple members of the community via PM which were similar to the question you asked, however, the reason I didn't answer ANY of them was because there was meant to be an official announcement to the community, which has not happened.

There is a team of 8 people, but yet the community within BCT seem to still think its a team of 1, myself, Spencer Lievens. I am the lead developer and a developer, not the spokesperson for the project.
ttoroie

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:41:17 AM

and the rest will follow naturally!

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 02:43:57 AM

and the rest will follow naturally!

Rest assured the actual development team is a team and works perfectly well together and the project itself and the codebase is absolutely fine and in safe hands.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 02:56:54 AM

Argon2d has no fast-verify code and it will take between 3-6 months to get it implemented as we need to write it from scratch.

Argon2d works for mining, but due to no fast-verify code and trying to get argon2d to an "easier" form for the wallet to be able to verify blocks quickly, it in-turn lengthened the time for Wolf to create GPU miners and then once we were at a point to have Wolf work on the GPU miners he unfortunately suffered an infection and was admitted to hospital.

We tried alternatives with other algorithms which was why I posted as Silk Network and asked which cards people use. The resounding response was AMD which also created an issue as the only memory hard algo that we had working was Lyra2v2 which is hugely in favour of Nvidia, so that was a no go for fairness. Cuckoo Cycle was also looked at but that has a bug/flaw and is vulnerable. Yescrypt was another option and varied other algorithms but all had their own problem or caused unfairness to miners.

I want this launch and the development team wants this launch to be fair and this is why the decision has been made to postpone launch until we have completed testing of the wallet and have a fully working implementation of Argon2d within DarkSilk and have no need to Spork or hard-fork later down the line.

DarkSilk binaries will be released which will connect to a testnet for users to use the wallet and learn its functionality and features, users accounts on Weaver will have DarkSilk added to their wallets for their ICO investments and a bounty for help with the fast-verify code for Argon2d will be issued.
ttoroie

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:12:02 AM

Argon2d has no fast-verify code and it will take between 3-6 months to get it implemented as we need to write it from scratch.

Argon2d works for mining, but due to no fast-verify code and trying to get argon2d to an "easier" form for the wallet to be able to verify blocks quickly, it in-turn lengthened the time for Wolf to create GPU miners and then once we were at a point to have Wolf work on the GPU miners he unfortunately suffered an infection and was admitted to hospital.

We tried alternatives with other algorithms which was why I posted as Silk Network and asked which cards people use. The resounding response was AMD which also created an issue as the only memory hard algo that we had working was Lyra2v2 which is hugely in favour of Nvidia, so that was a no go for fairness. Cuckoo Cycle was also looked at but that has a bug/flaw and is vulnerable. Yescrypt was another option and varied other algorithms but all had their own problem or caused unfairness to miners.

I want this launch and the development team wants this launch to be fair and this is why the decision has been made to postpone launch until we have completed testing of the wallet and have a fully working implementation of Argon2d within DarkSilk and have no need to Spork or hard-fork later down the line.

DarkSilk binaries will be released which will connect to a testnet for users to use the wallet and learn its functionality and features, users accounts on Weaver will have DarkSilk added to their wallets for their ICO investments and a bounty for help with the fast-verify code for Argon2d will be issued.

Sorry to hear about Wolf, hope he gets better soon
I would stick with Wolf if I were you, everything I used from him was good and reliable

I'm mostly interested about this part:
"DarkSilk binaries will be released which will connect to a testnet for users to use the wallet and learn its functionality and features"

Just get together guys
Peace

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 03:23:45 AM

Shit wolf is in the hospital Sad

He was, he is out and at home now.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: