Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:51:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dontigua

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:39:50 PM

February?!?!?

Perhaps I read the quote wrong.  He said the new year.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

February?!?!?

Perhaps I read the quote wrong.  He said the new year.

New Year? February? Please where is this quoted?

Did we not say that paperwork is just around the corner and that logos are being finalised?
radley

Activity: 163

Will add something

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:12:38 PM

Ok,will wait for that.

★★【 Available for Promo】★★
dontigua

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:20:19 PM

Go on then, change the name. Darkcoin did it, others did it already. The Market has short memory so this will not even be remembered one day. That's a pity though: I personally started to like the camel.

Yes the market has short memory people will forget about silkroaddrugs.

silkroad was also involved in selling murder for hire and human trafficking, not just illegal drugs.  I like the camel and silk/desert theme but, with a movie being made, it will take some time to forget. Who want to live with that stain for years?  It was difficult for me to argue to keep the name when I constantly need to explain that this project has nothing to do with the darknet and/or illegal markets.  It is bad for business.

The names have been decided upon and the company name, project, coins and platform will be rebranded/renamed.

The direction and focus of the project are held up with the new presentation/appearence of the new branding/names.

The final logos are being created currently and paperwork will be released, followed by a new site/domain and the eventual rebranding finishing in 2017.

This would be February. (2017)
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 07:33:04 PM

Go on then, change the name. Darkcoin did it, others did it already. The Market has short memory so this will not even be remembered one day. That's a pity though: I personally started to like the camel.

silkroad was also involved in selling murder for hire and human trafficking, not just illegal drugs.  I like the camel and silk/desert theme but, with a movie being made, it will take some time to forget. Who want to live with that stain for years?  It was difficult for me to argue to keep the name when I constantly need to explain that this project has nothing to do with the darknet and/or illegal markets.  It is bad for business.

The names have been decided upon and the company name, project, coins and platform will be rebranded/renamed.

The direction and focus of the project are held up with the new presentation/appearence of the new branding/names.

The final logos are being created currently and paperwork will be released, followed by a new site/domain and the eventual rebranding finishing in 2017.

The eventual full rebranding finishing in 2017.

What you said is that people wont have the names or documentation until then.

Again you are just picking one word and making a question or statement out of it.

Dontigua, what is your issue?
dontigua

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:15:02 PM

Again you are just picking one word and making a question or statement out of it.

That there will not be adequate promotion of the project until the rebranding is finished, already a low liquidity market and a few months more indecisiveness will likely kill it.  More a question of, likely good time to sell to wait for this coin to choose its path? The new year is a long ways away to wait for final direction and can't advertise something that doesn't exist.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2016, 08:42:04 PM

That there will not be adequate promotion of the project until the rebranding is finished, already a low liquidity market and a few months more indecisiveness will likely kill it.  More a question of, likely good time to sell to wait for this coin to choose its path? The new year is a long ways away to wait for final direction and can't advertise something that doesn't exist.

Again you are pulling words, worse still, from thin air. Final direction in the new year? This was NEVER said, so stop trying to create FUD.

We will be announcing shortly the exact direction and path, logos will be released, coin names will be announced and documention let loose.

I said that all of the rebranding and complete switchover will be completed and finalised BY January. I didn't say we wouldn't say or do anything until January.

To choose its path? No. The path is set. Just because we haven't announced it to you or the community as of yet doesn't mean we do not have a solid plan, paperwork, working software, marketing lined up, investors and professionals interested, websites, forums and more lined up or already sat waiting.

When it comes to promotion, you can rest assured and the community can rest assured that we have a very competent marketer joining the team.
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:45:28 PM

That there will not be adequate promotion of the project until the rebranding is finished, already a low liquidity market and a few months more indecisiveness will likely kill it.  More a question of, likely good time to sell to wait for this coin to choose its path? The new year is a long ways away to wait for final direction and can't advertise something that doesn't exist.

The Silk project has been underground for a long time but progress has always been made. At a 25:1 rate we off a swap for those that want to switch from SLK to DSLK, DSLK being released Nov 5th.

DSLK with the Stormnode reward structure might attract more liquidity and could be a great opportunity. The future of SLK as stated before is tied to the success of DSLK. No matter the outcome of the rebrand this will remain. Investors do need to take into account that SLK is a long term investment.

dontigua

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:07:20 PM

That there will not be adequate promotion of the project until the rebranding is finished, already a low liquidity market and a few months more indecisiveness will likely kill it.  More a question of, likely good time to sell to wait for this coin to choose its path? The new year is a long ways away to wait for final direction and can't advertise something that doesn't exist.

The Silk project has been underground for a long time but progress has always been made. At a 25:1 rate we off a swap for those that want to switch from SLK to DSLK, DSLK being released Nov 5th.

DSLK with the Stormnode reward structure might attract more liquidity and could be a great opportunity. The future of SLK as stated before is tied to the success of DSLK. No matter the outcome of the rebrand this will remain. Investors do need to take into account that SLK is a long term investment.

Okay.  But it is not SLK or DSLK. Hence the confusion and the problem.
   You have names you're not saying, partnerships you're not disclosing for the name change, and a marketer to come when previously stated finalising new year and now I'm told I'm pulling words out of thin air? I quoted the exact reference to the new year.  I'm not making things up. 

You guys ask for money for an ico and then decide to change the name after you take the investors money.  A little more care and concern for investors would be appreciated. 

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:08:10 PM

Silk market crumbling.  4 btc sell to 100 sat, 2 to 500.

Anything going on with promoting Silk or is this done for now until all the new companies and names are launched in February?

UGH, what a fcktard.

Can't read and obviously not a good trader. How does he even dress himself in the morning?

Quote from: dontigua
Okay.  But it is not SLK or DSLK. Hence the confusion and the problem.
   You have names you're not saying, partnerships you're not disclosing for the name change, and a marketer to come when previously stated finalising new year and now I'm told I'm pulling words out of thin air? I quoted the exact reference to the new year.  I'm not making things up.  

You guys ask for money for an ico and then decide to change the name after you take the investors money.  A little more care and concern for investors would be appreciated.  

go away dude, your fud is not welcome especially from those who have had spencers back for over a year now and have supported the market.

FFS if you don't trust the team then go dump you .5 btc somewhere else.
Orestes

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:18:17 PM

You have names you're not saying, partnerships you're not disclosing for the name change, and a marketer to come when previously stated finalising new year and now I'm told I'm pulling words out of thin air? I quoted the exact reference to the new year.  I'm not making things up.  

You guys ask for money for an ico and then decide to change the name after you take the investors money.  A little more care and concern for investors would be appreciated.  

Your concerns have been noted. The DarkSilk technology will be presented after the ICO as planned. It is easy to find ways to create cognitive dissonance with your investment. Try our Silk wallet, read into DarkSilk and know that this will soon be launched, nothing will be thrown aside. Also join us on slack and spend some idle time, this is something i would advice all.

Give a voice to your investment and interact with your fellow members, see you there Cool.
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:25:17 PM

So I have had my old silkcoin wallet on now for almost a day and I am stuck at block 1758335. Unless someone else has coins in their old wallet and stake, nothing will happen. I will contact a few 'old' holders and see if they have any in their wallet still. The chain will not move unless someone stakes.

Is there anyway the weaver could help? I know my old silkcoins staked while they were there waiting for the swap. Any chance you guys can move some old silk back and get the chain moving again so the rest of the old silkcoin holders can send to weaver for the switch?
dontigua

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:38:17 PM

Silk market crumbling.  4 btc sell to 100 sat, 2 to 500.

Anything going on with promoting Silk or is this done for now until all the new companies and names are launched in February?

UGH, what a fcktard.

Can't read and obviously not a good trader. How does he even dress himself in the morning?

go away dude, your fud is not welcome especially from those who have had spencers back for over a year now and have supported the market.

FFS if you don't trust the team then go dump you .5 btc somewhere else.

The truth does not fear questions... I don't know what fud you are talking about. 

Who said anything about .5btc... This community's attitude as a majority has already alienated and kicked many investors asking questions..

It is a shame the ico is lower then expected by great proportions but it is of your own devices.  Calling someone like me a liar with the assumption I am a poor investor about sums things up. 

CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:47:02 PM

The truth does not fear questions... I don't know what fud you are talking about.  

Who said anything about .5btc... This community's attitude as a majority has already alienated and kicked many investors asking questions..

It is a shame the ico is lower then expected by great proportions but it is of your own devices.  Calling someone like me a liar with the assumption I am a poor investor about sums things up.  

Let me get you a tissue Cry

1) Nobody called you a liar
2) SLK community is always more than happy to answer legitimate questions. They even respond with niceties like "sorry for the misunderstanding" and the such.
3) ICO has done just fine, yes not the windfall that was hoped for but many investors are leary of ICO's. Had you been around for the last couple years you would know why.
4) Those that miss this ICO will be kicking themselves guaranteed. The tech is there, the forward thinking minds are there and the follow through are there.
5) Don't think I am flaming you but noob accounts that get into pissing matchs are typically nefarious in nature.

Invest or don't. Either way, those of that have followed and trusted this team win.

Oh and nom nom nom to the cheap SLK on trex. How many storm nodes is too many?  Tongue
Orestes

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:49:41 PM

It is a shame the ico is lower then expected by great proportions but it is of your own devices.  Calling someone like me a liar with the assumption I am a poor investor about sums things up.  

And you are right, we dont fear any questions. But also take into account that this project has been long coming and that certain questions are less kindly received.

Personally to me the ICO wasnt that much of a let down. The product is sound, let the public judge by things that they can clearly see. Once they have received thats when demand would've picked up, switching gears by rebranding will probably dampen this effect a bit. Regardless...

we look to the future with great expectation  Cheesy.
Peterjohn42

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:55:04 PM

Let me get you a tissue Cry

1) Nobody called you a liar
2) SLK community is always more than happy to answer legitimate questions. They even respond with niceties like "sorry for the misunderstanding" and the such.
3) ICO has done just fine, yes not the windfall that was hoped for but many investors are leary of ICO's. Had you been around for the last couple years you would know why.
4) Those that miss this ICO will be kicking themselves guaranteed. The tech is there, the forward thinking minds are there and the follow through are there.
5) Don't think I am flaming you but noob accounts that get into pissing matchs are typically nefarious in nature.

Invest or don't. Either way, those of that have followed and trusted this team win.

Oh and nom nom nom to the cheap SLK on trex. How many storm nodes is too many?  Tongue

Where is Darksilk to be traded? I cannot find reference to the market anywhere.  I am following but this thread is confusing! ;-)
Orestes

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:57:24 PM

Where is Darksilk to be traded? I cannot find reference to the market anywhere.  I am following but this thread is confusing! ;-)

Bittrex
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:09:38 PM

I can not understood why I participate in ICO DarkSilk, if I can buy a coin (SLK) to Bittrex!
Who can answer me in what is now take benefit of participating in the ICO Huh
Orestes

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:19:27 PM

I can not understood why I participate in ICO DarkSilk, if I can buy a coin (SLK) to Bittrex!
Who can answer me in what is now take benefit of participating in the ICO Huh

SLK and DSLK are two different coins, two seperate chains. Both tokens are good to have.
If you want to buy SLK use Bittrex
If you want to buy DSLK you may use the price advantage at Bittrex, else buy at Weaver
up until a price of 1570 sat for Silk it would be beneficial to buy and swap SLK for DSLK.

SilkNetwork (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Tripartite of Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 03:39:27 AM

Silk(SLK) Version 1.0.1.1 is released - https://github.com/SilkNetwork/Silk-Core/releases/tag/1.0.1.1

Windows 32/64bit Binaries and Linux Source Available Now.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: