Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:43:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129226 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dontigua

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:54:56 AM

Ugh!

@Community Members: Be nice to each other, we are all in this together.

Right coming from the guy that called me a cheap dumb investor fucktard.  Which in retrospect, it appears you were correct but also add yourself to those ranks.  As you say.  We are all in this together.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:01:57 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2016, 03:57:38 AM by ttoroie

I dont want to be a millionaire i just want my money back

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
dontigua

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:06:33 AM

I dont want to be a millionaire i just want my money back

Exactly. Perfect gif for the situation.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:08:09 AM

Ugh!

@Community Members: Be nice to each other, we are all in this together.

Right coming from the guy that called me a cheap dumb investor fucktard.  Which in retrospect, it appears you were correct but also add yourself to those ranks.  As you say.  We are all in this together.

Just relax and have some faith in the dev team, they will get this worked out.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:41:02 AM

@dev team

can someone pm me dl link for drk testnet wallet?

thanks,
john
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:02:27 AM

Just relax and have some faith in the dev team, they will get this worked out.

The team is made of code warriors. What this means is they will try to battle out problems before letting the problem get to them. It narrows down vision in the believe that the battle will be won. We're all in agreement that communication should be guided better, but those that take up the fight, they rather fight then talk about it... I guess they lost this fight, but I've seen the process they go through and am convinced that the battle will be won.
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:16:15 AM

In an earlier but recent post (1688) I stated “I don't think there are too many people who realize the amount of time and effort it takes to get a project like this running.  So far they have done a lot better then I thought they would.”

Reading the posts when it became evident that the release wasn’t happening on 11/5 as originally planned, it really makes that statement resonate. It is almost as if any new altcoin project needs to qualify “investors” based not only on their altcoin investing experience, but their project management in the software industry or experience as a developer.

I am not saying anyone who is complaining or asking for refunds of the BTC submitted for the ICO doesn’t have investing experience, you very well could have that experience.  With that experience, however should come caution, a lot of questions, and above all assumption of all risk for any ICO.  I have a great deal invested in this project in terms of the legacy Silkcoin I had in Poloniex and the amount of Silk I bought on Bittrex as my confidence level grew from in all honesty 25%-30% to the 95% where it is now.  And that 5% gap is where the qualification of knowledge of the software development process comes into play.  And that 5% gap is not whether I think this project will succeed, it’s the impact on the project not reaching its 6 month potential value due what appears to be the lack of knowledge of the software development process.

The only fault I can push to the project is the fact that they do not have their management plan fully implemented.  The developers, lead developers included should not be required or expected to be communicating in the forum or chats regarding schedules or where the development process is.  That is the job of the project manager or scrum master.  The developers have much more important things to do with their time.

In any large development project, the project plan (based on complexity of the project) has at minimum three (3) stages where a replan is evaluated based on the status of the project.  That replan would have triggered an announcement of a delay.

This project is not a simple wallet with the specific features they announced. Its two wallets, Weaver (which basically looks like an exchange to me), an entire network backbone, and I lost count of the additional pieces.  The wallets and Weaver basically had to follow the waterfall methodology for the initial releases because each could not be developed and released using the Agile methodology.  The problems with waterfall is that you are almost certain to miss even the least aggressive schedules because waterfall is prone to a bug, bugs, or issue occurring at the final stage or even final testing cycles.  That is why Agile is now the industries answer to that problem. Release incremental small, releases that show immediate value to the users.

Read that last line again… RELEASE INCREMENTAL, SMALL RELEASES THAT SHOW IMMEDIATE VALUE TO THE USERS. This projects success relies on user acceptance, not the will or ROI of the investors.  Investing in this or any project (even other than crypto) is pointless unless there is a user base, otherwise, where does the value come from?  Hype? That is not what this project offered.  It offered a strong user base which required the rebranding to ensure that user base. 
The dev team appears to be at near the completion of the third waterfall project; Dark wallet (Silk and Weaver already released and functional).  I think going forward they will be using a more Agile approach and we will see regular releases that meet scheduled release dates.

I don’t think anyone has stated there would be a 2 to 3 month delay in Dark.  If I missed that, it’s due to being very tired right now.  I just canceled 5 BTC in Silk buy orders so I have that extra to buy Dark when it opens for trading. 

For those who are saying they want their BTC back, I am sure that you will be able to sell off your Dark to those of us who know the value of the project and will be waiting to buy them from you.  It’s up to you if and when you sell them and at what price, however if you were in the ICO for short term gains, you may not get a 100% return of your investment, long term, you like the rest of us in it for long term gains will see a nice ROI.

Sorry for rambling on… I got pissed seeing some of the negative posts after the announcement of the delay and realizing the fact that the 150 or so BTC collected (BTC and Silk) for the ICO amounts to what, under 20 BTC when split between the 8 members of the team.  And what, accusations that the team is ripping investors off, for what 14 to 15K, and ruining their reputations.  These guys have been around for quite a while and I think their reps are worth more than that to them.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Orestes

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:31:56 AM

In an earlier but recent post (1688) I stated “I don't think there are too many people who realize the amount of time and effort it takes to get a project like this running.  So far they have done a lot better then I thought they would.”

Reading the posts when it became evident that the release wasn’t happening on 11/5 as originally planned, it really makes that statement resonate. It is almost as if any new altcoin project needs to qualify “investors” based not only on their altcoin investing experience, but their project management in the software industry or experience as a developer.

I am not saying anyone who is complaining or asking for refunds of the BTC submitted for the ICO doesn’t have investing experience, you very well could have that experience.  With that experience, however should come caution, a lot of questions, and above all assumption of all risk for any ICO.  I have a great deal invested in this project in terms of the legacy Silkcoin I had in Poloniex and the amount of Silk I bought on Bittrex as my confidence level grew from in all honesty 25%-30% to the 95% where it is now.  And that 5% gap is where the qualification of knowledge of the software development process comes into play.  And that 5% gap is not whether I think this project will succeed, it’s the impact on the project not reaching its 6 month potential value due what appears to be the lack of knowledge of the software development process.

The only fault I can push to the project is the fact that they do not have their management plan fully implemented.  The developers, lead developers included should not be required or expected to be communicating in the forum or chats regarding schedules or where the development process is.  That is the job of the project manager or scrum master.  The developers have much more important things to do with their time.

In any large development project, the project plan (based on complexity of the project) has at minimum three (3) stages where a replan is evaluated based on the status of the project. That replan would have triggered an announcement of a delay.

This project is not a simple wallet with the specific features they announced. Its two wallets, Weaver (which basically looks like an exchange to me), an entire network backbone, and I lost count of the additional pieces.  The wallets and Weaver basically had to follow the waterfall methodology for the initial releases because each could not be developed and released using the Agile methodology.  The problems with waterfall is that you are almost certain to miss even the least aggressive schedules because waterfall is prone to a bug, bugs, or issue occurring at the final stage or even final testing cycles.  That is why Agile is now the industries answer to that problem. Release incremental small, releases that show immediate value to the users.

Read that last line again… RELEASE INCREMENTAL, SMALL RELEASES THAT SHOW IMMEDIATE VALUE TO THE USERS. This projects success relies on user acceptance, not the will or ROI of the investors.  Investing in this or any project (even other than crypto) is pointless unless there is a user base, otherwise, where does the value come from?  Hype? That is not what this project offered.  It offered a strong user base which required the rebranding to ensure that user base.  
The dev team appears to be at near the completion of the third waterfall project; Dark wallet (Silk and Weaver already released and functional).  I think going forward they will be using a more Agile approach and we will see regular releases that meet scheduled release dates.

I don’t think anyone has stated there would be a 2 to 3 month delay in Dark.  If I missed that, it’s due to being very tired right now.  I just canceled 5 BTC in Silk buy orders so I have that extra to buy Dark when it opens for trading.  

For those who are saying they want their BTC back, I am sure that you will be able to sell off your Dark to those of us who know the value of the project and will be waiting to buy them from you.  It’s up to you if and when you sell them and at what price, however if you were in the ICO for short term gains, you may not get a 100% return of your investment, long term, you like the rest of us in it for long term gains will see a nice ROI.

Sorry for rambling on… I got pissed seeing some of the negative posts after the announcement of the delay and realizing the fact that the 150 or so BTC collected (BTC and Silk) for the ICO amounts to what, under 20 BTC when split between the 8 members of the team.  And what, accusations that the team is ripping investors off, for what 14 to 15K, and ruining their reputations.  These guys have been around for quite a while and I think their reps are worth more than that to them.

Thank you MCDev for that post. It shows great insight and experience to the developmental process. Overal your message surely should be taken to heart by the community.
Cryptops

Activity: 70

Bitcoin liquidity for cryptocurrencies holders

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 07:33:04 AM

I encourage you guys! I trust you, as many more people. Work hard!

Bitrated user: cjme83.
dontigua

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:34:59 AM

Argon2d has no fast-verify code and it will take between 3-6 months to get it implemented as we need to write it from scratch.

Here is where he didnt say 2-3 months, said 3-6 months..

In either case where a project was supposed to be released a month after the ico, one might think that this issue of writing this from scratch, and the non-existance of fast-verify would have been known long before we opened our wallets up.  

This project promised transparency, accountibility, a sense of community, and a team of dedicated developers to release a asset backed security by todays date.   ANY question relating to the interests of the ico holders should be answered in a timely fashion, especially in times of failure, or witholding key information that would negatively affect the securities you sell at the weaver.  

You cannot have one foot into corporate and one foot out into crypto..  either both feet in or stay decentralized kids so accountibility is important here.. if it wasn't me and many others would not have invested into athe silk network ltd. Public offering via the weaver.

As funds were held in escrow until release (as i read) this should not be an issue in refunding investments. I couod see a week or two or a month even, but well into next year with no certain date,  with a team falling apart, and an unknown name or title for the project, in the midst of a corporate dissolution and new incorporation... is completely and absolutely unacceptable.   You guys stepped up to the big boys plate, so please act like adults and the crypto geniuses you claim to be, both in coding and business.  Would be appreciated.  
   Good luck on the home stretch and take these words into serious consideration.

Orestes

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:42:29 AM

Argon2d has no fast-verify code and it will take between 3-6 months to get it implemented as we need to write it from scratch.

Here is where he didnt say 2-3 months, said 3-6 months..

In either case where a project was supposed to be released a month after the ico, one might think that this issue of writing this from scratch, and the non-existance of fast-verify would have been known long before we opened our wallets up.  

This project promised transparency, accountibility, a sense of community, and a team of dedicated developers to release a asset backed security by todays date.   ANY question relating to the interests of the ico holders should be answered in a timely fashion, especially in times of failure, or witholding key information that would negatively affect the securities you sell at the weaver.  

You cannot have one foot into corporate and one foot out into crypto..  either both feet in or stay decentralized kids so accountibility is important here.. if it wasn't me and many others would not have invested into athe silk network ltd. Public offering via the weaver.

As funds were held in escrow until release (as i read) this should not be an issue in refunding investments. I couod see a week or two or a month even, but well into next year with no certain date,  with a team falling apart, and an unknown name or title for the project, in the midst of a corporate dissolution and new incorporation... is completely and absolutely unacceptable.   You guys stepped up to the big boys plate, so please act like adults and the crypto geniuses you claim to be, both in coding and business.  Would be appreciated.  
   Good luck on the home stretch and take these words into serious consideration.

Dontigua we were having an ICO on the development of a crypto token based system that behaves like: 1 a currency, 2 an asset. Yet they remain crypto-tokens.

The team is not falling apart, we are only dealing with blowback due to a sudden delay in release. Please refrain from being the cause of a problem that doesnt really exist.
dontigua

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:51:56 AM

almost every ico have delay's... it's "normal".
but yeah, no communication is a problem... they should at least explain what happened.

but chill guys, wait a little before you start crying and asking for your money back... it's a big launch and a small team, one day isnt big deal.

Sorry about the lack of communication.  Please wait for an official announcement but yes, there has been issues and a release delay.  I am (or was if I don't get kick off) on the dev team and agree that we should have communicated our issues earlier.  Days ago,  I suggested that we let the community know about our issues and potential release delay but was overruled and/or ignored.  This is no way to conduct business and gain trust.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Orestes please tell me again there is no issues with the team.. i honestly thought higher of you.
Orestes

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:07:48 AM

but yeah, no communication is a problem... they should at least explain what happened.

but chill guys, wait a little before you start crying and asking for your money back... it's a big launch and a small team, one day isnt big deal.

Sorry about the lack of communication.  Please wait for an official announcement but yes, there has been issues and a release delay.  I am (or was if I don't get kick off) on the dev team and agree that we should have communicated our issues earlier.  Days ago,  I suggested that we let the community know about our issues and potential release delay but was overruled and/or ignored.  This is no way to conduct business and gain trust.

Orestes please tell me again there is no issues with the team.. i honestly thought higher of you.

And you will even higher after this weekend. I know why you are upset though. It is because you want this project to succeed, like we all do. It is because of this that you dared to invest, just like us.

It is not the increased risk of loss that grieves you, it is the possible loss of the project. But that is a fallacy! The team is very much joined together and we will continue as usual. Now the production process that Silk Network has used because if its small size clearly is outdated and needs to be transformed. Much in the style MCDev pointed out.

What has happened to use multiple times is that we had a public failure, much like this. But because community membery really do believe in this project, instead of forsaking it, they join in and help where they can. It's how I joined, and some others. Where it breaks, it grows stronger. The project needs more capable men(preferably rich in experience), we always do, but we will pull through regardless. It just might take a bit longer... brick by brick.
dontigua

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:13:25 AM

And you will even higher after this weekend. I know why you are upset though. It is because you want this project to succeed, like we all do. It is because of this that you dared to invest, just like us.

It is not the increased risk of loss that grieves you, it is the possible loss of the project. But that is a fallacy! The team is very much joined together and we will continue as usual. Now the production process that Silk Network has used because if its small size clearly is outdated and needs to be transformed. Much in the style MCDev pointed out.

What has happened to use multiple times is that we had a public failure, much like this. But because community membery really do believe in this project, instead of forsaking it, they join in and help where they can. It's how I joined, and some others. Where it breaks, it grows stronger. The project needs more capable men, we always do, but we will pull through regardless. It just might take a bit longer... brick by brick.

No i could care less about this project.   Failed ico.  Would like my bitcoins back if there will be any extended delay on release.   Are my funds not in escrow as promised? Or did i misread the escrowed ico thing?
Orestes

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:32:29 AM

No i could care less about this project.   Failed ico.  Would like my bitcoins back if there will be any extended delay on release.   Are my funds not in escrow as promised? Or did i misread the escrowed ico thing?

Too bad you feel that way. I've send you a pm, let's continue there.
AleScamHole

Activity: 504

Don't you looooooove how offensive my name sounds?

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:39:50 AM

No i could care less about this project.   Failed ico.  Would like my bitcoins back if there will be any extended delay on release.   Are my funds not in escrow as promised? Or did i misread the escrowed ico thing?

so much for "transparency"

does this "team" even know what that word means?

nope their do busy trying to mop up truthers as seen here...

smooth...
Orestes

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:44:38 AM

so much for "transparency"

does this "team" even know what that word means?

nope their do busy trying to mop up truthers as seen here...

smooth...

I am taking my time to speak to every single one of you in person so that i can accommodate better to private situations while keeping the public slate as clean as possible. i know that if a person is calm and at ease he would post less clutter, this is not about keeping things in the dark but about lending out support and taking things up personally.
quantumgravity

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 08:45:52 AM

So much negativity from some. Cry

But, more importantly MUCH LOVE to those who still have confidence in us.  Grin Grin Grin

We should have been better with communication and we should have informed the community 3 weeks ago when we realized there might be a delay. But, honestly, I code for probably 8-16 hours a day almost every day on both Silk AND DarkSilk. A lot of it is trial and error. Also, a lot of time is done preparing research for upcoming whitepapers. Then there is also working on other issues that pop up from time to time. This is my full time job and my share of the ICO funds allows me to pay my rent and eat food for the next 3 months or so... I hate when I have to sell my Silk (which I bought on Polo when it was SilkCoin) so I can eat :/

We are all working our asses off here, so for those who are getting nervous, please relax. I mean, shit other recent projects that had ICOs an entire year ago only now just released their tokens, so maybe a little more patience from anyone who is not happy right now is warranted and would be appreciated greatly.

Again, I apologize to everyone and I take responsibility for our lack of adequate communication. We will have a blog up very soon with weekly updates at the least. Then people won't have to wade through all the posts (or risk exposure to trolls lol). Cheers!  Smiley

Pr0metheus

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 08:49:12 AM

LOl well only thing that i can think of
https://youtu.be/CduA0TULnow?t=88
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:11:53 AM

So much negativity from some. Cry

But, more importantly MUCH LOVE to those who still have confidence in us.  Grin Grin Grin

We should have been better with communication and we should have informed the community 3 weeks ago when we realized there might be a delay. But, honestly, I code for probably 8-16 hours a day almost every day on both Silk AND DarkSilk. A lot of it is trial and error. Also, a lot of time is done preparing research for upcoming whitepapers. Then there is also working on other issues that pop up from time to time. This is my full time job and my share of the ICO funds allows me to pay my rent and eat food for the next 3 months or so... I hate when I have to sell my Silk (which I bought on Polo when it was SilkCoin) so I can eat :/

We are all working our asses off here, so for those who are getting nervous, please relax. I mean, shit other recent projects that had ICOs an entire year ago only now just released their tokens, so maybe a little more patience from anyone who is not happy right now is warranted and would be appreciated greatly.

Again, I apologize to everyone and I take responsibility for our lack of adequate communication. We will have a blog up very soon with weekly updates at the least. Then people won't have to wade through all the posts (or risk exposure to trolls lol). Cheers!  Smiley

But you didn't and instead you took the money while knowing that you will not be issuing the refunds.

The next they after the supposed launch these guys come up with the excuses saying that the project will be delayed for half a year which is eternity in crypto. Also, you insult anyone who tries to get their money back and also try to shame them giving various reasons of why this is a bad idea. And now you're asking to trust you? lmao what a joke  Grin

Instead of promised launch we got a slap in the face to remind us of what a crypto world is all about. Judging by the dev comments, i don't even expect to get money back from this  Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: